PDA

View Full Version : When did R2's legs come off in the films?

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
On the WM early bird deal it says R2's legs are removable.

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 07:06 PM
As I said in another post, its most definatly for the jedi starfighters.

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't think so Halo. I think it's suppose to say removable arms. There's no reason to get a new R2 with removable legs.

beckmen
04-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Maybe his legs remove to be in Full Trash Can Mode or something...

But seriously, yeah arms would make more sense. Have the fig come with detatchable rader (Seen in ESB/ROTJ), linking arm (All of the movies, to hook up to computers), and shocker thing (ROTJ). Also have his third leg go inside him and maybe a light-up eye and/or a hologram or two. They should make up for his lack of size with tons of accesories.

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 11:44 PM
As I posted in that other thread, I think it's a reference to the VOTC figure's removable 3rd leg. R2's legs are showing in the Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter, and no Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter toy can accomodate an R2 figure. The Naboo Fighter in the film looks like R2's legs come off, but EU says that his legs shorten down to the height of his body and his dome slides up on a post... either way though, the Naboo Fighter toy can't accomodate this.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Aren't you glad they're thinking in practicalities when designing these fighters? :p

Perhaps removeable side legs are the way R2 gets down areas with tons of steps. He just pops'em off, uses that HUGE arm shown on the ROTS figure to throw'em down to the bottom, then he tips himself over and rolls down the steps!

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 02:15 AM
R2 walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, walks over the neighbors' dog... oh wait, that's "Log". Anyway, R2 walks down stairs and for long stairways busts out those leg-jets that Hasbro gave the ROTS figure even though his 3rd leg doesn't retract. The huge arm is just for shaking hands with Wookiees. ;)

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Turns out the package says "movable" legs, not "removable".

Turbowars
04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Sorry guys I had been awake for only 36 hours when I typed that.

beckmen
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
OK, so the question then becomes: How is "movable legs" noteworthy?

Turbowars
04-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Who knows. I just hope it's a better version than VOTC. Not that VOTC was bad, but it could have been better for 10 bucks. I think the new R4 is better myself.

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM
OK, so the question then becomes: How is "movable legs" noteworthy?
I think the idea is that it was noteworthy 27 years ago when the original Early Bird set came out. When was the last time Hasbro made note of a Leia figure having the star-puff hairdo either?

Turbowars
04-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the idea is that it was noteworthy 27 years ago when the original Early Bird set came out. When was the last time Hasbro made note of a Leia figure having the star-puff hairdo either?I don't know about you, but I always refer to Leia as the hot chick with star puff hairdo. I mean come on, where have you been?:rolleyes: :D

JediTricks
04-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Apparently I'm not in 1977 the way you are Turbo. ;)