PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do you get the Royal Guards' robes off?

El Chuxter
04-03-2005, 07:36 PM
You see, I'm a pervert and want to take off their clothes and have them guarding the Emperor in their skivvies. :crazed:

But seriously, these guys have some really cool armor underneath those robes. I recall seeing some pics online a little while ago showing the red Guard without his robes. But I can figure out no way to remove the robes short of cutting them or breaking the figure's head off, neither of which is acceptable. Anyone else had any luck with this?

beckmen
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
You could try boil-and-popping the head off...

Try and cut it carefully and/or in a place that won;t be too noticable when you put it back on...

Burn them, because soft goods are the worst scourge Satan has unleashed upon this earth...

Beast
04-03-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't have the figure at the moment..... but if the head is balljointed, maybe it just pops off? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
It pops off fairly easy and if you flip the robe around it looks cooler. I have the red one btw.

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 11:29 PM
The head is indeed ball-jointed, it pops right off, then you slide the top part of the robe over the neck and slide the "apron" part down (it's all 1 confusing piece of cloth, you'll see what I mean).

Like Halo here, I rotated the cloak around on my blue guard because that's how the figure looks in the photo, the robe covers his shoulders.

Bobby Fett
04-04-2005, 12:42 AM
How do you get the Royal Guards robes off?

Dinner and a movie would probably work. ;)

MaquisWarrior
04-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Use a knife like when Tasha Yar had a bad dream/flashback about a rape gang on her planet on Episode...OOPS...wrong club! Seriously an exacto knife and a steady Red Bull and Vodka free hand would do good just learn how to sew to let out the robe on the classic ones.

Sith Lord 0498
04-04-2005, 05:57 AM
OK...getting back on track with being serious...!!! j/k guys :)

My biggest problem was that I could not pull off the head with my bare hands. My red guard's head was fastened on tight. So what I did was hold the figure upside down so that the robes fell down over the head. I then grabbed ahold of the robes' hems and pulled them down. Pulling on the robes put extra pressure on the figure head and popped it off for me.

Now, this may or may not work for you b/c I'd already severed the part of the robes encircling the waist.

Plus, I don't know how clear my explanation is. I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning! :)

El Chuxter
04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Okay, guys, I'll try pulling harder. It just felt like something was about to snap inside him, and as tough as these are to come across now, I didn't want to break one. :)

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't suggest using the cloth to get the head off, the cloth could end up losing its shape or even its integrity (aka it might rip). I got the helmet off of the blue guard by first moving it around a little, then getting my fingers (not just fingernails) under the bottom edges of the helmet and pulling straight up, it wasn't too difficult. I had a much easier time a few minutes ago getting the head off the Clone Trooper when I tried the head-swap with the CW SA Clone though because those heads have more shapes to grab onto.

If you hold the figure by the plastic torso (you'll have to get the cloth robe out of the way for this, just move it up), there shouldn't be anything to break here.

tgr3328
04-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Does anyone else think they look like Cobra Commander without the robes? :ermm:

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 12:37 AM
CC only wishes he looked this cool! :D Seriously, I don't remember any CC figs ever having armor this good, I just picked up the removable-helmet figure last week.

BTW, it helps to turn the head as you pull up to get it to come off.