PDA

View Full Version : What are these weird claw things that come with some Clones?

El Chuxter
04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I know some folks have had trouble finding the higher-numbered Clones so far, so please don't think I'm bragging by posting this. I just cannot figure this out for the life of me.

I cracked open a Clone Pilot, and he comes with some weird looking thing that looks like a rifle with a claw on the end. I couldn't figure out anything to do with it that really looked right. One end of it can fit into the hole on the side of his cannon (where the "detonator" was situated when the same cannon came with Pilot Padme) to serve as a sort of handle, but it looks ridiculous like that.

I later saw the Clone Commander (who I've not opened yet) comes with something that looks like a pipe with a similar claw on either end. So now I'm really confused.

Neither the plain Clonetrooper nor the AT-TE Gunner include anything like this. So what is it, and what do I do with it? (If it's some ROTS spoiler, I'd appreciate no specific details about it, but some idea of what the San Hill it is would be appreciated.) :confused:

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Can you find a picture of it? So far I've only been able to find this:

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0534clonepilotblaster.jpg

But that blaster is used by the AT-TE Gunner and the plain Clone. Do you mean the |_| cut-out at the back of the blaster?

Bacta Beast
04-04-2005, 02:14 AM
I hate it when they slide in accessories like that and don't tell you what it's for! I haven't figured it out either!

X13VADER
04-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Well You Lucky Bastard At Least You Found Them. Here In Michigan I Went To All Stores I Could Think Of And Found Up To #32. No At-rts Either.i Did Pick Up The One Clone Trooper But I Was Looking Forward To Getting All The Other Ones.

JEDIpartner
04-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Hmmm... grappling hook, maybe?

I wouldn't know... I still haven't found anything beyond #32... :frus:

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
FOund him today. Maybe it is the so Jedi can not marry and reproduce?? :beard:

El Chuxter
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
I dunno. Here's the pics from the database of both figures carded. The claw thingies can be seen on the right of the cards.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=9399&cat=3065&page=1

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=9397&cat=2117&page=1
(http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=9397&cat=2117&page=1)

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Maybe it's some sort of stun weapon? Very weird.

Jmacq
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
As silly as it looks, I'm pretty sure the 'claw thingie' with the Clone Pilot is designed to be the handle/trigger for the 'cannon' he comes with.

The 'Claws and cable' with the Clone Commander also comes with a little handle that makes me think it's supposed to be a 'Zipline' kind of thing. Now what the claws are supposed to -attach- to and why they'd want to zipline across about ten feet of space is beyond me. Maybe that armor's really heavy. ;)

Hellboy
04-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I was opening my figures yesterday and was wondering the same thing. My best guess with the Pilot's gear is they're repel lines for the Gunship. I can't see them really being used for anything else. Not sure what the claw with the extended arm is that comes with the Clone Commander though. :confused:

tgr3328
04-06-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm guessing they are something we will see in the movie, but they are just not telling us (to avoid spoilers?). The repel line sounds right for the Clone Commander. As for the Clone Pilot, perhaps claw or grappling device appears in the movie since there is a similar claw that comes with the deluxe Grievous.

ronhudy
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM
The 'Claws and cable' with the Clone Commander also comes with a little handle that makes me think it's supposed to be a 'Zipline' kind of thing. Now what the claws are supposed to -attach- to and why they'd want to zipline across about ten feet of space is beyond me. Maybe that armor's really heavy. ;)

That's about the same conclusion my son and I came up with last night. Perhaps we'll have to just snip that "10 ft." cord and add a longer one - or maybe even make a better type of claw altogether...

manji
04-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Please forgive me if this has been discussed but I have been scanning the forums and have yet to see this question addressed.

I recently purchased the clone pilot and his accessories are the firing cannon, a pistol, and something that looks like either a long rifle or a grappling device. Does anyone know what the third accessory is? I'm stumped!!

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
It was been discussed in this thread...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27419

No biggie, please take the time to search before starting a new thread. Thank you

manji
04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Kidhuman, thanks for correcting my error -- I thought I had done a better job of scanning these posts. I forgot about the week I was on vacation! Thanks for your help.

Jayspawn
04-12-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm glad somebody posted a thread about this -becuase I've been trying to figure out what the heck those claw things are! Some kind of attachment for the Gunship would be nice. I hope somebody is able to sheadd some light on this.

HighLordDave
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Does the new gunship not come with the rapelling lines?

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 02:01 AM
I also have been wondering the same thing. Has anyone found the Gunship yet?

tgr3328
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
There is one at my Walmart. It looks like it comes with one cable instead of the two on the AOTC Gunship. I think there was a picture on the back of the box of a clone trooper rapelling down the line.

dindae
04-13-2005, 09:09 AM
The gunship is exactly the same. As far as the accesories go my best thought is that the pilots have the grappling hook/repel line launcher and the commando has the line as if it were already launch. Either that or its a really big wrench.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Either that or its a really big wrench.

How else can you fix the motor when it breaks down. Maybe they broke down and Ki-Adi yells at em, so they turn on him

Jayspawn
04-13-2005, 10:14 AM
I've found the Gunship Several times, and even though its the same mold as the AOTC version (which I have 2 of) I've still not gotten around to seeing it attaches or fits anywhere.

DanbtheSithLord
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm glad I found this thread to throw my hat into the ring... tho actually my question is more the cannon that come with the pilot than the hook/clamp/wrench/grapple thing.... tho that is weird too. if you look in the little slit on the side you can see that it has 2 holes like a something with 2 nubs on it should fit insid which makes me wonder what does this attach to? the Episode 2 pilot had guns that went on the gunship maybe this is something that will attach to the at-te (why make a gunner and pilot if you aren't making this) or the Turbo Tank (see previous why make a... comment) I guess we'll see or (As in my case if you got 5 of these for your gunship and ARC-170) we'll just have these useless things floating around and more projectiles for the kids to lose.

dindae
04-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm glad I found this thread to throw my hat into the ring... tho actually my question is more the cannon that come with the pilot than the hook/clamp/wrench/grapple thing.... tho that is weird too. if you look in the little slit on the side you can see that it has 2 holes like a something with 2 nubs on it should fit insid which makes me wonder what does this attach to? the Episode 2 pilot had guns that went on the gunship maybe this is something that will attach to the at-te (why make a gunner and pilot if you aren't making this) or the Turbo Tank (see previous why make a... comment) I guess we'll see or (As in my case if you got 5 of these for your gunship and ARC-170) we'll just have these useless things floating around and more projectiles for the kids to lose.

The base it the same as the dish that came with Padme pilot. The slot is where the lever went in to make it explode although all I ever needed to do was touch it and it would fall apart. So unless Hasbro was real creative it probably just them being cheap and not filling the gap.

DanbtheSithLord
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
The base it the same as the dish that came with Padme pilot. The slot is where the lever went in to make it explode although all I ever needed to do was touch it and it would fall apart. So unless Hasbro was real creative it probably just them being cheap and not filling the gap.

OH CRAP you are right I never made the connection .... yeah i mess with that fig ever. ... CURSE YOU AND YOUR CHEAP REHASHING HASBRO!!! of course since they killed the 3.75 in GI Joe Line we'll probably start seeing those accessories show up at random (like the secondary rifle that came with the Chewabacca from the original 1995 collection) lovely.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
So, did anyone ever answer the question as to whether or not the accessories attach to the gunship?

Fwad
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Those claws are for taking $5 out of your pocket each time you see them hanging on the pegs. Those damn claws got $60 from me .

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Those claws are for taking $5 out of your pocket each time you see them hanging on the pegs. Those damn claws got $60 from me .

Depends on where you get them. Those claws got $7 a pop from me @ Kohl's.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I can imagine some figure designer at Hasbro laughing in his cubicle as he reads this thread.

"Mwahahahahah, those bastards will never figure it out!" :evil:

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Its actually a back scratcher.

HighLordDave
04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Depends on where you get them. Those claws got $7 a pop from me @ Kohl's.

You should have gone to the customer service desk, had the person there call Wal-Mart, check the price and get $1.75 off each set of claws.

anti-hero
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I opened my Clone commander last night and he comes with a hook to slide or repel down the rope. So they are grappling hooks, and I guess the larger ones on the other figs are grappling hook launchers. That sliding hook thing with the CC is pretty cool. Especially with the long strings already attached to the gunships.

For the record the Clone Commander is sooo awesome. I have to buy 4 or 5 more clones now to set up behind him!

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I can imagine some figure designer at Hasbro laughing in his cubicle as he reads this thread.

"Mwahahahahah, those bastards will never figure it out!" :evil:

Either that or he is in the bathroom doing some more of whatever he was on when he designed them.