PDA

View Full Version : Walmart price mistakes

Flyin_Solo
04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Ok I am attaching a pic, I went to Walmart today because they re-stocked and they priced things wrong! HAHA it was great. As you can kind tell, we have a Plo-Koon marked wrong, it price scanned wrong too lol.

Anyone else find funny mistakes?

Sith Lord 0498
04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
First, your pic didn't attach.

Second, I had the same problem with the AT-RT I bought during Midnight Madness. I didn't notice until 2:00 am, and I had WM correct the price when I returned other items I'd changed my mind on. For some reason, the vehicle rang up as $19.97 instead of $14.86. Because of WM's policy, not only did I get the $5 back, I also got an extra $3 back on top of that b/c they messed up.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 11:02 PM
For some reason, the vehicle rang up as $19.97 instead of $14.86. Because of WM's policy, not only did I get the $5 back, I also got an extra $3 back on top of that b/c they messed up.

That happened to me yesterday! I thought maybe the $15 was just a midnight price. Too bad that Wal-Mart is so far away though. Is the $5.88 price also an error? Only two Wal-Marts have charged the $5.24 price, one store that charged the $5.88 price around 2am charged $5.24 later in the day.

Do you think I could get refunds on all the $5.88 charges? That'd be quite a bit as I bought 16 figures at 2am for $5.88 and a couple large layaways all rang up at $5.88 per figure. Perhaps they would knock the amount due price down?

Edit: I ran through the receipts of all the $5.88 charges and the $19.96 charge on the AT-RTs, if I were to get all the layaways out at these prices combined with what I've already bought it comes to about $35 in overcharges.

Edit 2: Not a price mistake, but this is Wal-mart mistake related. I bought a couple Bail figures and whoever entered him into the computer spelled it "Bali".

beckmen
04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
My figs were all 5.88, I don't think it's an error though because Wal-Mart doesn't nationalize their prices. There's no compitition in this aream, so they can charge whatever they want.

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Actually, they compete with other Wal-Mart stores. Between 4 Wal-Marts, 2 having the $5.24 price must mean something and there was that one Wal-Mart that changed it's AM price from $5.88 to $5.24 later that day.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 01:02 AM
My local WM super center had an advertised price of $5.24 for basic figures. These prices were advertised in their usual circular that they mailed/included with the local paper. However, the two super centers and four smaller WMs in the surrounding small towns in my area still had $5.88 for basic figs. I carried the circular with me and was able to get the other WM stores to give me the sale price. What could they do, it was a WM circular, they had to match it.

I ran into a woman shopping for SW with her kids at one small WM and gave her my circular after I'd checked out. She had a cart full of figures so hopefully it saved her some dough.

Bacta Beast
04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Here in Lansing, MI TRU was $5.29, and all our Wal-Marts were $5.24 for basic figs. Also I noticed in the pics from NY that they had a $5.29 price tag.

jrice73
04-04-2005, 02:01 AM
spent around $320. Walmart gave me a hard time though. Here's my story. I live in a town called Desloge southeast of St. Louis. Did midnight shopping at a Walmart only five minutes from my house. Bought 14 figs, two deluxes, Obi starfighter, wheelbike, droid fighter and Ultimate 12" Vader. Guy in front of me had a Target dollar off card. Figs at this Wally world are priced at $5.88. Cashier gave him a hard time but talked to manager on duty who approved his purchase. He got a buck off all of his figs, not just three inch stuff but all of it. So I mention I have ad claiming the Festus Walmart thirty miles away is selling three inch stuff at $5.24. They won't honor it. I say they will. They say come back tommorrow and talk to store manager. Okay. On Saturday hit the store again and talk to store manager (okay so it was one of his sith apprentices, I mean assistant managers) but anyway after some huffing and puffing he approves it. But I'm like damn. I used to work for Walmart. They give customers a hard time like this all the time. Anyway, these yahoos post different prices for merchandise all the time depending on what store you go to whether adjacent stores are thirty miles away or just thirty feet. I'm just like baffled by all of it. I actually went to a Walmart about ten minutes away from where I live and got more figs for $5.88. I'm actually going to take these figs to the store that had them for $5.24 and see if they will comp there. But man it's like bad customer service. They advertise one thing at one place then at another it's a another story altogether. You know we dump oodles of money in these companies wallets everyday and then they try to gouge us. Oh well, I've whined enough. But I did score everything I wanted including an ARC 170 at TOYSRUS. Great experience with fellow collectors. And that's what it should be about.

PS Has anyone heard about whether Walmart is dropping prices to $4.94 for basic figures. I heard that on another board...

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 03:57 AM
That's cool about the target thing, I took that $1 off coupon to a Wal-Mart and they wouldn't honor it. Of course 1. the wal-mart was tons old, 2. so was the cashier, 3. it was a dinky express lane, I had somewhere aorund 16 figures and people were lining up behind us. Only other lane open was a self-check out. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to go to Wal-Mart soon and try and get the $12 they owe me. Probably mess with layaways later on...

Sith Lord 0498
04-04-2005, 05:30 AM
That's cool about the target thing, I took that $1 off coupon to a Wal-Mart and they wouldn't honor it. Of course 1. the wal-mart was tons old, 2. so was the cashier, 3. it was a dinky express lane, I had somewhere aorund 16 figures and people were lining up behind us. Only other lane open was a self-check out. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to go to Wal-Mart soon and try and get the $12 they owe me. Probably mess with layaways later on...

If you're lucky, your Wal-Mart may also have that extra $3 back policy for pricing errors too. :)