PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding what to do with the early bird kit

Sith_Hunter
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Hello all, it's been a long time, so long in fact that I forgot my previous log in name, so technically I'm not a newbie. Anyways, I was curious to know if you would share with me your plans for the early bird set from wal mart. Are you going to keep it in the package or are you going to open it to send away for the figures? Which is a wiser move do you think?

DarthQuack
04-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Well, I ordered one from Walmart.com and I may order another one soon if I get my tax return this week :). If that is the case I will keep one in case and the other one I will probably mail in.

Lord Malakite
04-03-2005, 11:18 PM
The wisest thing to do (provided you had enough money to do so) would have been to get two. Then you could of done both.

BoPs
04-04-2005, 12:01 AM
open it! i actualyl got 2.. but felt bad cause there were only 10 or so left when i got it.. so i took it back today, and gee guess what? a starwars fan was walking in the door as he saw the lady take the early bird kit from me and put it behind the counter . . he was just a little happy ;) send it off! thats what he's doing as well . . lol

dwall16294
04-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Send it in! I'm sure they are thinking at least 1/3 of these will not get sent in. That's 30 bucks for a piece of cardboard. Sure the originals fom '77 are worth a lot now, but I'm not sure it will happen with these. The figures will most likely be worth more than the unopened package.

Bacta Beast
04-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Sweet Christmas man, send it in!!!!! :stupid: These things are worthless without the figures they represent! And they can only be ordered for a lmited time! I just can't see why anyone wuld want to spend alot of money for one later, when they wouldn't be able to get the figures. Now when you get those then is the time to think about opening or not ;)

Fluke Skywalker
04-04-2005, 04:39 AM
^ I agree. I think the whole purpose of this thing is to get those 4 figures (Whatever they are!) set that sweet repro backdrop up for display and wait for the goodies to arrive.

If only 1/3 of these gets mailed in, that still leaves 33,000 + out there ready to be bought on eBay at a later time. I ordered mine off walmart.com and I can't wait for it to arrive so that I can mail in my certificate. I was only 3 the last time around so I'm going to enjoy this!

Darthmarc
04-04-2005, 07:20 AM
I bought 2, on one receipt. I will be sending in both proofs of purchase and EB certificates. I want 2 sets of figures. Whats the point in having a sealed $30 piece of cardboard?

Jedibill
04-04-2005, 12:37 PM
mailed mine in today I don't have much use for a piece of cardboard in a bubble.

moulman
04-04-2005, 12:44 PM
mailed mine away on Saturday. I was really mad at myself tho- i layed the stand on the sticky part of the outside cover of the kit, and the goo ripped off part of the picture of the stand-sent an email to hasbro about it, but it will be really unlikely that theyll send me another-but its not like i was gonna take the figures out of their packing once i receive them...

but ya, you should send away for the figs- buying a 30 dollar empty box and not opening it just makes dollar signs pop up in George Lucas's eyes...