PDA

View Full Version : Red and Blue Senate Gaurds

friend_of_vader
04-03-2005, 10:36 PM
So what is the story behind this?

I found very few blue guards at TRU MM, and very few red guards at Target. TRU had no Red guards what so ever and Target only had about 3 Red Guards out of a whole isle of figures, and no blue guards at all.

So, is one or the other a rarity?...or are certain stores getting certain Guards?

friend_of_vader

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2005, 10:38 PM
From what I have heard, the red is the harder one to find. Around here that seems to be the case because I have had no problem seeing the blue one, but the red one is pretty much nonexistant.

yoda83
04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I think the Red ones were first run figures, and then Hasbro switched to the Blue versions, which seem to be more adbundant that the Red versions

Kidhuman
04-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Beats me, I got both. Less red though, like 100 to 1 blue outnumbered him.

DARTHSPAWN
04-03-2005, 11:12 PM
thats correct, TRU didnt have the red ones , also no call upon yodas or republic gun ships. I purchased those at kaybee and also the ROTS exclusive chewbacca.. But i have another shocking news, WALMART ( at puerto Rico wich is where i live) Didnt have any merchandise or the promotions as advertised on hasbro`s site. Guess what happend to WALMART/???? They sold before april 2 what they had on stock and for the opening on april 2 they didnt have anything exept for the Darth vader helmets and a few ligthsabers.. Man Walmart should be in trouble now huh!!!! Thank God i did make all my purchases mostly at TRU and Kaybee..

Bobby Fett
04-04-2005, 12:51 AM
I had the opposite situation in this part of the country - blues seemed to outnumber reds by 3 or 4 to one. But neither was very plentiful.

Sith Lord 0498
04-04-2005, 06:01 AM
From what I have heard, the red is the harder one to find. Around here that seems to be the case because I have had no problem seeing the blue one, but the red one is pretty much nonexistant.

I think it's the other way around. I believe the running change is from blue to red. The reason I say that is my local WM had what appeared to be all of the initial case assortments (the figures in the upper 20's were few and far between), and we had an overabundance of blue guards and only half a dozen red guards. Now, a few weeks ago they slipped up and put two or three cases on the pegs. There were four or five red guards along with an abundance of figures in the 20s with only Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and SBD representing the first 12.

So...point of the story is that earlier cases seem to be blue, later cases seems to be red.

pegger
04-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Canada seems to be getting only Reds....if Blues were indeed the first run, then I fear none will be coming to the Great White.....

Any of you kind, compassonate American friends be willing to help a poor, out-of-luck Canuck?

BobaPhlegm
04-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Saw a few Red Guards at the Toys-R-Us MM here (unfortunately, other, more agressive collectors got them) and no blues. Haven't seen any guards at all at any other stores since.

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Went ot 2 WM's today and none on the shelves. Manager got me a blue from the back.

sith_killer_99
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
My area had mostly Red Guards.

I snagged 4 Red and 3 Blue. I saw several Red at Target and Meijer's. I only saw the Blues once, at Wal-Mart as soon as they opened their tent sale, they only had a few.

ronhudy
04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I went to MM at Wal-Mart, only 1 Red Guard was found. The next morning, I found a blue one at another WM, and my son found one at Target.

Jaina Solo
04-04-2005, 05:31 PM
You guys are lucky. I haven't seen one guard, red or blue, yet, and I really want a pair of each for my display. I talked to one person who found a blue guard at Midnight Madness, but someone grabbed it out of her hand. *sigh* It's too bad KB closed two local stores that didn't get as much traffic. Guess that's why they closed them, but I liked them. The local scalpers never seemed to shop there, so things stuck around long enough for me to buy them.

WesleySr
04-04-2005, 09:56 PM
I went running around today and scored 2 Red Guards @ KMart. HH

BigBuck71
04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
I only saw 3 to 4 Blue Guard at my Toys 'R Us on Sunday. I didn't see any Red guards there, or at the tent sale at Wal-Mart on Saturday. I'd get a Red guard as soon as I see him, but no luck yet. I'll keep looking...:ermm:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2005, 12:29 AM
I was at Target Saturday morning when they opened. I saw someone that had a red guard or two. Can't recall if I saw anyone get a blue one. I was kind of deflated trying to figure out what to get after they said we could only get three figures. I've not seen either guard since then. Unless I'm not looking in the right spot, I've not seen any new stuff at K-Mart except maybe lightsabers, games and Legos.

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 12:56 AM
On Saturday I went back to TRU, and I found the Blue Guard, that same day went to Target and found the Red Guard.

The other TRU I checked out tonight had a couple of blue ones, and I found one at Walmart today.

Turambar
04-05-2005, 07:03 AM
I haven't seen the red guard in person yet, but it appears from pictures I've seen that they screwed it up once again. Is this true? On their third attempt does the guard once again have both arms exposed? Can't these guys watch the movies or look at a photo or something. Still, only the vintage 3 3/4" and the modern 12" version have done it correctly.
Sorry, I just get touchy when its one of my favorite characters that keeps getting screwed up.

ronhudy
04-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I have two extra Blue Guards if anyone wants to trade for Red ones...PM me.

samskull
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Picked up a Red Guard at Midnight at Walmart (as they were putting out the stock) as did another guy. No Blue to be found. Next day at 8am, different Walmart (this one had a tent outside for the SW merch - nothing in the store), found a Blue Guard - nothing else. Went to Target soon after and saw a guy hording the only three Royal Guards (all Blue) they had (he told me he was gonna sell 'em on Ebay). Haven't seen either since.

abell748
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
It has been a year, but I'm back! At Walmart's MM we had no guards at all and nothing above the first 12 figures. I did fing all the Jedi and 1 hidden blue guard on Monday. When Target opened, they had about 300 figures and we only found about 5 red guards. In my area we had nothing past the first 28 figures.

bobafrett
04-05-2005, 11:01 PM
When I bought my figures, I was shopping by the Numbers on the side. I didn't realize that there were both colors for the one number. When I found out, I looked at my figures and found that I only had the Blue Guard. I went to work the next day, andd found the red guard. Also found two more blue guards, which I plan on opening at least 1 to place with my Imperial section of loose figures.

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Went to another local Walmart tonight. What a mess! They didn't have any of the figures on the pegs. They basically had them on shelves, and spread out all over the place. It was nuts, they weren't all in a centralized area.

Anys.. There was about three Blue Guards there (and of course in different areas). They also had the Exlploding Grievous figure, Clone Pilot, and Palpatine(#35). I picked up the Clone Pilot, and Palpy.

sumdumchum
04-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Well, down here in Miami, Fl there seems to be a shortage of red guards but blue ones while they're not abundant, I haven't had a problem finding them at all. I have yet to see any figures past the upper 20s though. If anyone is in need of blue guards and has red ones let me know cuz I'd like to have me some o' them :D

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 12:42 AM
I haven't seen the red guard in person yet, but it appears from pictures I've seen that they screwed it up once again. Is this true? On their third attempt does the guard once again have both arms exposed? Can't these guys watch the movies or look at a photo or something. Still, only the vintage 3 3/4" and the modern 12" version have done it correctly.
Sorry, I just get touchy when its one of my favorite characters that keeps getting screwed up.
It comes packaged with the robe showing the shoulders, but you can rotate the robe around so it covers the shoulders from the front and "mostly" from the back too. If the fabric would cooperate better, he'd be totally surrounded by his robe.

plasticfetish
04-06-2005, 05:56 AM
I've managed to find one of each to open now, and I like 'em a lot, but... why does the red guard come with the wrong weapon? Where's my force pike Hasbro?

hango fett
04-06-2005, 06:25 AM
this is beginning to sound like the endor soldier senario back in 03 with the shaved face and beard variant....why, Hasblah?
HF

megaprime33
04-06-2005, 07:14 AM
So far I have been to Target, TRU, and Walmart and only found 2 blue guards and no red. Stinks cause I really want the red one. How does Hasbro know which ones I want the most and make that figure the hard to find one??

mm74md
04-06-2005, 12:34 PM

The Red Guard doesn't look like it comes with a Force Pike :eek: . I haven't opened mine to see yet. Anyone open theirs?

samskull
04-06-2005, 12:42 PM
They come with a Coruscant Guard rifle and a modified Biker Scout pistol. No Force Pike...must not need them until after the Empire forms.

jedi master sal
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I found the Reg Guard back in March, then on 4/2 only the Blue at Wal*Mart (except 1 red in all of the 30 cases that were opened-and I got that one). Next day went to TRU and foudn 2 more reds.

It just seems depending on the store you may find one color or another. Not to say all WM will have blue, and not all TRUs will have just Red. These are aplenty, you just have to go looking at different stores.

For those of you who don't have other stores nearby, then use these forums to trade up with people. Go to the buying/selling/trading section and post what you've got and what you need.

Jaina Solo
04-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I found my first guard the other day- one blue one in all of Target. Of course, I was really hoping to find a red one, since I'm a big fan of the royal guards. But one is better than none of either color.

Darth Metalmute
04-06-2005, 05:29 PM
All we have in Toledo is Red guards, I haven't even seen a Blue one yet.
They were probally about one or two per case at Meijers and they had about 15 cases. Toy R Us had a bunch two.

megaprime33
04-06-2005, 07:25 PM
All we have in Toledo is Red guards, I haven't even seen a Blue one yet.
They were probally about one or two per case at Meijers and they had about 15 cases. Toy R Us had a bunch two.
Interesting that some areas have barely any red guards and some have nothing but. Makes me wonder if it was distributed in a different way or not. It's certainly odd that in the New England area(and I'm sure other areas too)they have like 1 red per every 8-10 cases and in Toleda, its reverse with the blue.

DarthQuack
04-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I went to MM and only found the blue guard at one Wal-Mart and then found the Red Guard, although short-packaged at another Wal-Mart.

bats1990
04-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Today I found two Red Guards at a local KBToys. I paid a couple bucks more ($6.99) but around me in PA there doesn't seem to be any Red Guards.

Joshkj
04-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I found 1 red guard yesterday during my first shoping for ROTS(didnt go to MM)

Dark Marble
04-06-2005, 10:07 PM
On MM at the Walmart there were both red and blue guards but the reds were outnumbered and snapped up really quick I only bought one blue guard. Went to a Target for the 8 a.m. opening and all that was there were blue guards. Hit two more targets after that to find no guards at all.

Went to TRU for the 10 a.m. opening to find both red and blue guards and a bunch of collectors swarmed in on them like wildfire. Since then I found 2 red guards one at Walmart and the other at TRU, plus a few more of blue guards at Walmart. But now everyone is cleaned out. I figured the blues might sit around but I was really wrong. The guard are where it is at guys, I figured the clones and the and jedi would be scarce but I was way off!!

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Did the Blue Guard from the EPII line have an face, nose and eyes showing through the T-visor? I was looking at the Blue guard with this line, and the face is no longer exposed. I can't find my Blue guard from EPII, but I would swear the face shows.

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I think it did, but the POTJ one did I am sure of.

LTBasker
04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
EPII figures didn't have a blue guard, only the red guard.

However POTJ had a blue guard and yes the t-visor was open showing a face behind it. The TPM style Coruscant Guard also had these dual feather duster things on their helmet like the Trojans, the ROTS style only has a single horn thing.

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks KH and LT, that might explain why I couldn't find him with the EPII figures. I liked the looks of the old Blue Guard.

Joshkj
04-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Im sick of nnot being able to find these. Why cant hasbro just have cases of guards and clones. Kids pick these up just as fast as we do. DEAR GOD MY 3 YEAR OLD BRO HAS ONE AND I DONT!!!!(blue)

plasticfetish
04-07-2005, 02:53 AM
Chill man... they only released this stuff 5 days ago. Keep an eye out, they'll show up.

Jaina Solo
04-07-2005, 12:17 PM
They'll turn up. We've all seen it before- EPI Maul, EPII Dooku, Yoda... for a while you couldn't find them at all, and then you couldn't find much else. I think the guards will be the same, it's just frustrating because they're cool, and most of us want 'em.

I'm really starting to think part of the problem we're having with finding these figs is that the scalpers have heard they're rare, so they're snatching them up and putting 'em on eBay. Speaking of scalpers, I should check my local toy shop scalper. I never buy SW stuff from him because his prices are insane

DarthDiablo22
04-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I found about 5 or 6 blue royal guards at my local TRU today. I found them piled in a bin on the side of an isle. When i first walked in i searched the all the rows on the specail display and was dissappointed then went around to where they normally stock the star wars stuff...nothing. Then on my way back around i noticed a 3'x3' bin filled with figures. there were 2 royal guards right on top i was like :crazed: . I saw another under a pile of figs. Then i saw more like on the bottom of the bin and mixed through out. No red though i was mainly looking for one of those. so i just picked up another blue. I bought 3 of them in all one for me, one for my friend and one for me. I saved the others for another who has been scavanging the island for royal guards.

steve3p0
04-07-2005, 11:52 PM
these remind me of the battle droid variations from episode one. (clean, dirty, shot, sliced.)

when these were first released, i found only one red guard compared to many blue guards. a week later, i see lots of red guards and no blues.

BigBuck71
04-08-2005, 04:59 AM
I found one, yes, one Red Royal Guard in a wire toy bin at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. I had heard about it being rare, and dug about two feet into the bin to find one! I saw 3 to 4 blue guards but only this one red one! I was thrilled to find it!

CrunchyNug
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I did my MM at TRU and all they had were Blue Guards. The next morning at Target, I was able to find some more, but this time they were Red Guards. Today I stopped by a different Target and found a few more, and they were the Red Guards as well. So I was able to get 3 of each variation!!!

HighLordDave
04-08-2005, 12:48 PM
When I was at TRU for MM, all they had were red guards, and a couple of pegs worth at that. When I went to Wal-Mart after that, all I saw were blue guards, so I figured that the blue ones were the rare ones.

sumdumchum
04-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Ok so can anyone answer this? For EP II there where tons and tons of Red Guards just littering the pegs. You couldn't give those things away!! What's the deal with everyone going nuts over them now? Anything really special about them? The only figures I could understand people going nuts over would be the Blue Guards since they were scare the first time around.

megaprime33
04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Ok so can anyone answer this? For EP II there where tons and tons of Red Guards just littering the pegs. You couldn't give those things away!! What's the deal with everyone going nuts over them now? Anything really special about them? The only figures I could understand people going nuts over would be the Blue Guards since they were scare the first time around.
I think it's based on the reverse action of Ep 2. It appears that the red royal guard is now scarce and hard to find so people are more interested in it. If there was any figure with some sort of variance that there arent that many of, people would go nuts for, ie the different colored saber for palpatine.

plasticfetish
04-08-2005, 11:43 PM
As an aside, I'd also say that these are much nicer figures.

AmanaMatt
04-09-2005, 12:49 AM
In Texas where I am, I see the blue guard pretty regularly. I have yet to score or even see a red one.....

HARDY
04-09-2005, 01:47 AM
im in canada and iv seen at least 10 red guards at every store be it walmart zellers or toys r us, we have no blue guards at all.....some comic shops that have hem are selling them for like 50 bucks a piece i have 10 red guards if anyone would like to trade and can get more if needed...considering we have at least 3 toys rus in my town of calgary...theres a plentiful supply of those bad boys...anyone wanna trade for at te gunners, clone commanders, or blue guards drop me a pm

Strategist
04-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm hoping the Red is the more rare version because I still have to find a blue.

ronhudy
04-09-2005, 10:00 AM

Well, for EP II, they WEREN'T littering the pegs in my area...at least they weren't when the toys first came out. Later on, they became easier to find, but I never saw them "littering" the pegs.

But to answer your other question, they are a much better figure than the POTF2 or AOTC version. Felt cape, armor underneath, better sculpt over all.

hestep99
04-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm hoping the Red is the more rare version because I still have to find a blue.

I think demand will be met eventually. I've seen both a couple of times in different places. Then only thing is, they're being pumped up to be rare so everyone buys every #23 they see. Hence none are left and ppl have a hard time finding them.

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I have still seen only blue, sans two reds at MM.

Princess Jennifer
04-09-2005, 12:11 PM
We found Red and Blue at MM. But there were like 25 blue in the store, we went to walmart, and only 4 red. We were one of the lucky 4 people in the whole store to get one. After we left walmart we went to Toys R Us. The people there said that they only had 2 red and at least 50 blue. They also said that there were no vaders and only 4 yodas and one person bought all of them. We went to Meijer and they had maybe 3 blues and no red. But yesterday, we went to another Meijer and found 2 reds hanging there and bought both. I saw 2 Reds at a walmart yesterday and 7 blues. It is crazy how you things can be so plentiful in one state and not in another.

For an example, I live in Northern KY and have been to every TRU Walmart and Target in NKY looking for #33-40 and couldn't find any. I drove into Ohio, 15 minutes from my home, and found all of them except Mas Ammeida.
We found 4 clone pilots, Grevious, The clone commander, and Palpatine in EastGate at Walmart(For anyone who lives around the area) We found Vaders Medical Droid, the AT-TE Gunner and The Alien Medic at Milford Target. But if you go 3 min. down the road to Beechmont, there is nothing.:confused:

Old Fossil
04-09-2005, 12:47 PM
In south Mis'sippi, the blue guard is plentiful at WM at TRU. I only found 1 red, hidden behind an Unleashed IG-88 at WM. I bought it, of course. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
04-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Went on my Saturday morning quest for figures. Went to Wal-Mart first. Tons of figures, most of which were probably there when I checked Monday. Didn't bother to search every peg. Went to Target and found one lone Red Guard in plain sight. Searched and found no more. Went to TRU next. Looked to be the same as Monday. Full pegs plus a couple shopping carts piled with figures. A couple others were looking and didn't seem to be finding anything so I didn't search. At least I have one of them now anyway. Still need the blue one, Padmé, and anything above #32.

moulman
04-09-2005, 09:27 PM
at MM at my local WM in Indianapolis, neither the blue or the red were very plentiful, but there were a few here and there. Now there are barely any. I got lucky today however, found a red guard at Suncoast videos. It was 7 dollars, but it was totally worth it.

CrunchyNug
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I hit a Target last week and found a few Red ones. I hit the same Target yesterday and found a Blue one. They are definitely mixed up.

beckmen
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I would buy the Red Gaurd (though I can't find it anymore, only Blue) if A: it didn't look dumb without the cape (helmet look too big) and/or the cape wasn't made of cloth.

Billiam86
04-13-2005, 12:06 AM
I was able to find the blue guard today, but no red...SO close!

AmanaMatt
04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Hardy - I sent you a new PM on our trade.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, I have looked around since I found the 2 @ K-Mart last week and I still have yet to see a red guard anywhere. Still tripping over the blues though.

CrunchyNug
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Went to a TRU today and opened a fresh case...Blue all the way baby.

hestep99
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Seen three red guards today but passed. The blue has been scarce since MM in Richmond.

AmanaMatt
04-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Every fig from the initial cases have been very easy to find in Texas, except the Red Guard, which I have not seen in person...the Clone Commander wave and beyond is slowly starting to hit. Big problem: all of the Walmarts here are getting more and more of the first wave or two, so the aisles are just lined up with pegwarmers. Hasbro never seems to learn.

mark2d2
04-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Dang! Am I ever jealous of all you guys who keep seeing like twenty or so of either color on the pegs.
I have found jack of either. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

I am really excited about this figure. Definitely need one of each.

Guess I'll just keep looking and looking. :crazed:

BoPs
04-14-2005, 04:26 AM
seen 3 reds in kansas city 2 times.. the first time a local scalper had 2 in his hand, nothing <legal> i coulda done about it (at walmart) .. the 2nd time was this morning at target.. saw 1.. grabbed it and did a little dance :-) if ya look hard enough in the kc area you can find blue guards.. theres definatly more blues than reds.. on MM all the walmarts and tru's only had blues, and the ones that did only had about 10 per store.. now all i need is 1 more of each and i'll be happy =] (i open all my stuff) and to mark2d2 .. if i can score a blue and or an extra red, would you like me to pick you up 1 of each?

Dark Marble
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Yep, as the continuing saga goes on I have really not seen either the blue or the red since MM to about April 4th. One blue peppered in here or there but nothing really impressive. I now have two reds and six blues and that is really what I wanted and I open everything so they will be going into displays. Four more reds would be welcome...

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 10:28 AM
WOW, the Blue Guards are still cluttering up the pegs here in WV along with the other first 32 figures.

BanthaPoodoo
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
WOW, the Blue Guards are still cluttering up the pegs here in WV along with the other first 32 figures.

Thats how it is here! Plenty of stuff to go around! Lots of Blue Guards dripping off the pegs... still having a hard time with #'s 32-40 though, like everyone else.

megaprime33
04-14-2005, 01:59 PM
You know I'm still trying to figure out which is more rare. I want to say the red guard because he isn't pictured anywhere on the back of the packages, however he is on the front of his and the blue guards card, and he's also pictured in the main poster which lists all of the basic figures. If he's pictured in those 2 places, why not share a spot with the blue guard?

aricajade
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
the first time a local scalper had 2 in his hand, nothing <legal> i coulda done about it (at walmart) ..

You stated yourself that you wanted 2 of each. Why is this guy a scalper just because he had 2 in his hands?

hestep99
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Seen mr blue guard today at my local target. He's been a bit more scarce than red here. I just wonder if this was a trace of something with higher numbers. Curse school, it's causing my hunt to be later in the day. Early turds gets the worms. haha

CrunchyNug
04-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I found a couple cases of Coll II wave 3 today at my local TRU. There was one of each of the coveted #37-40 figures, along with a Red Guard. Does this mean that the later waves will have Red, making the earlier waves of Blue scarce as they eventually sell out? Time will tell...

AmanaMatt
04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I found a couple cases of Coll II wave 3 today at my local TRU. There was one of each of the coveted #37-40 figures, along with a Red Guard. Does this mean that the later waves will have Red, making the earlier waves of Blue scarce as they eventually sell out? Time will tell...

Maybe, I hope they show up. In Texas, the blue guard has been real easy to score, but still easily the hardest of all of the inital figs released. Why does Hasbro just release cases of clone troopers of all kinds, I would be happy. If we had 8 or so variations (that we can find) of the clone army, I would love it.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Maybe, I hope they show up. In Texas, the blue guard has been real easy to score, but still easily the hardest of all of the inital figs released. Why does Hasbro just release cases of clone troopers of all kinds, I would be happy. If we had 8 or so variations (that we can find) of the clone army, I would love it.

Because that would be the smart thing to do, so therefore, it will never happen.

megaprime33
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
You know I always thought in this situation the reason why the figure was so hard to find was because that it was shortpacked. In some situations, that is indeed the case, but I think for the guard it's based on popularity. I think everyone is out to get it, rare or not, so that is why it's so hard to find them.

Darth Grifter
04-15-2005, 02:04 PM
the red figure is a scalper's paradise here in oregon...that is, the scalpers are getting them and the rest of us are not...oh well, they'll come around. it's much like the original release of 33-40 in that they were out there on day 1 and not anymore. i'm sure that they will be out there eventually...

i can find the blue gaurd every now and again...

mark2d2
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I think you may be right about that, Megaprime33. This toy is scarce because everybody seems to really want one. Collector or child alike --- this figure really catches everyone's eye.

When I FINALLY snagged my first "Blue" the other day, there was an extra behind it. Also in the toy section was a father and his five year old son. Who, I could tell by there conversation, weren't hard core collectors by any means and had no idea what figures were out or anything. Instead, they had just been drawn to the colorful display. Anyway, I handed the little boy the other Royal Guard asking if he had seen this one and he got really excited about it and decided then and there that this was the one he wanted.

This little guy just looks really cool in the package. He truly stands out in a line that is rampantly overrun with somewhat generic (in my jaded opinion anyway) Jedi figures.

TheDarthVader
04-15-2005, 02:31 PM
There are many blue guards here in the eastern corner of Texas. If anyone needs more than one, let me know. Maybe we can trade or something. I need the red guard. I still have not seen one here. When I do see some I plan on getting three, maybe more.

B.
TDV

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
The quantity of the Blue Guards are starting to dwindle here too, but they can still be found. Still havent seen any red ones since I found the 2 @ K-Mart.

Ric Olie
04-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I live in the East Texas area the Blue Guards are in about every other store with 4 to 6 each availble. I've only seen 2 Red Guards each in a different store.

DarthDiablo22
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I found a red guard mixed in on a peg with a blue saber palpy, clone commander and an exploading grievous. Im guessing they are being released with the newer case assortments as CrunchyNug has suggested.

AmanaMatt
04-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Went to a local Walmart yesterday, and there were about seven guards put out, the most I have ever seen at one time - all blue. :cry:

megaprime33
04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
The most I have found of the blue guards at one time is 4 in 1 TRU. And I randomly found 2 in 1 Walmart. Haven't seen them since. And I saw 1 red guard at 1 Walmart and haven't seen it since. This was all about 3 weeks ago.

spang2005
04-24-2005, 02:33 PM
I was originally not very interested in this figure, especially since I already had 2 red guards (POTF2 and Saga), and I figured the Blue guard was the same as POTJ. It wasn't until after MM, the only time i'd seen a lot of blue guards, that i wanted it. So i couldnt find it by then, but i went to WM during lunch the other day and got the only blue guard they had. The armor under the cloth is so cool, and the articualtion is stellar for a primarily stationary character. Now i'm in search of the red version. Still haven't seen any.

Old Fossil
04-24-2005, 09:14 PM
The armor under the cloth is so cool, and the articualtion is stellar for a primarily stationary character. Now i'm in search of the red version. Still haven't seen any.

You're right about the sculpt and the articulation. Play value is questionable, though, at least on the 1 red and 1 blue guards I have. It's mostly due to the cloak. They have a STRONG tendency to billow up and out. I have had to slip one of those clear plastic bands over their midsection to keep the robes looking normal in their "resting" pose.

In addition, although the guards can grasp their pistols easily, the rifle presents something of a challenge. It fits too loosely in one hand and won't fit at all in the other, and doesn't rest well slipped over their shoulder. I need to go dig out my old POTF2 royal guards, for their staves.

They are stellar figures otherwise, though, especially the red one -- the red color is closer to the film than any other recent guard figure. Looks good alongside the otherwise drab grey Chancellor Palpatine figure.

JediTricks
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
the rifle presents something of a challenge. ... and doesn't rest well slipped over their shoulder.Yeah, that's true, I've not been particularly happy with how that rifle has played out on mine, I'm thinking of just tossing it in the baggy, but I really wanted them to have something to hold so for now I just keep picking them up and putting them back on.

Your point about the cloth robe is right on the money too, it's annoying the way it billows out to the sides, especially when it's reversed like on mine. I have toyed with the idea of wetting it down, I've heard that worked well on the cloth robes from the Ep 1 accessory packs, but it seems very extreme.

I don't have a red guard yet. :(

sith_killer_99
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, for what it's worth, Hasbro listed the Red Royal Guard as a "chase" figure at Celebration 3!

I guess that means it is the lower production number one.

Old Fossil
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know if the red guard is still shipping with the recent waves? I really need one more, and am debating on either waiting to find one on the pegs, or reverting to eBay, or doing a trade hereabouts.

On another note, the ROTS red guard can grasp the staff from the Saga red guard fairly well. Looks much better with it, than with the rifle.

tgr3328
05-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw a red guard last week. I showed up with the Walmart reset display (the one in the ailse near the toy section). It was there along with a bunch of Clone Commanders, Pilots, etc. so I think it came in one of the new case assortments. So, don't give up hope.

AmanaMatt
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
... it's annoying the way it billows out to the sides, especially when it's reversed like on mine. I have toyed with the idea of wetting it down, I've heard that worked well on the cloth robes from the Ep 1 accessory packs, but it seems very extreme.(

As for the cloth, you just have to fold it the way it wants to be folded...the inner cloth folded in, and then the back of the outer cloth folded back - the cloth will cling to itself - at least the two I have open do.

As for the Red and Blue deal, I have to say now that the blue guards have a visor and do bear a closer likeness to the red in that regard, they are both pretty cool looking - one of the biggest suprises in the whole line for me.

trandoshan666
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
It seems incredible, but I bought the only Red Guard I've ever seen in this line of toys. It was at TRU's Midnight Madness, and I snatched that baby up. I was glad then, but now I'm even happier about grabbing it.

ROTJLuke
05-18-2005, 06:10 PM
no guards (red or blue) in my area...:(

samskull
05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I found one Red Guard among the Neimodians, Wookies and Destroyer Droids at K-mart this morning. No true Blues to be seen though.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-18-2005, 09:58 PM
The red guards seem to show up two at a time at some of the walmarts in the atlanta area. In the last three weeks Ive seen more red tham blue.

I did find an anakin with dooko's saber yesterday at the walmart in Riverdale - sitting right up front on the peg like some one sat it out to see how long it would stay.

I did look over my shoulder as i walked toward the check-out-line.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:30 PM
The red guards seem to show up two at a time at some of the walmarts in the atlanta area. In the last three weeks Ive seen more red tham blue.

I did find an anakin with dooko's saber yesterday at the walmart in Riverdale - sitting right up front on the peg like some one sat it out to see how long it would stay.

I did look over my shoulder as i walked toward the check-out-line.

The Anakin with Dooku lightsaber is the corrected version, so it should start showing up in the newer case assortments. I haven't seen any guards for awhile. I decided to increase my army builders from 2 of everything to 3 and found all of the first releases with the exception of the guards.

bats1990
05-23-2005, 08:22 AM
I found an Anakin with Dooku Saber at Target in Wyomissing PA on Saturday morning. There was only one.

As for the Royal Guards, I see blue ones at TRU. Red ones, my two came from a KB Toys. Then I found a third one at a either a Wal-mart or Target. I can't remember which. The third one went to a fellow PA collector that couldn't find one.

jaxx
05-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I STILL HAVE YET TO SEE A BLUE GUARD IN ANY STORE (except during MM. I only saw like 2 Red and 4 Blue then, and I couldn't get one). I went into a TRU about 10 days ago and saw 11 Red Guards. I guess the store just put them out. I've been searching for them ever since the Midnight Madness Sale, as they were the only figures that I couldn't find that night (through figure #40). The TRU got 26 boxes of Star Wars merchandice in, and they put everything out. NO BLUE GUARDS!!! Anyway...I picked one up, and I was contemplating picking up another one to open, but I thought that I'd leave them on the pegs for everyone else. I knew how hard they were to find. Wouldn't you know it... some little S**t comes by and grabs every last one of the remaining 10 Red Guards, along with all of the Clone Gunners that they had out (there were 8 of those). I can't tell you how much that crap bothers me. If I had arrived at TRU 5 seconds later... if I had hit just one more light on my way to the store, I would have never gotten a Guard. I would have seen this dude walking around with a handful of Red Guards. Unfortunately, in my experience, I've never had anyluck dealing with this sort of person. If I ever see someone with a ton of ONE figure, I'll ask if they'd mind giving one up to a fellow collector. I always get shot down! Maybe it's just the people in my area that act like this. So when I see the greedy fools walking around, I get a bad feeling inside.

Anyway...
Back to the point. Since I haven't seen any of the Red or Blue on the pegs since April 2, until my one and only sighting, I'd have to say that the Red Guards seem more abundant in my area.
IF ANYONE IS FROM MY AREA, AND KNOWS IF THERE ARE ANY STORES THAT HAVE CARRIED THE BLUE GUARDS, AND HAS SEEN THEM RECENTLY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE. I'm dying for just one. I don't want to go online and pay $10 for one plus shipping and handling (unless it's my only remaining option). I'd like to get one at retial. So, no scalpers please.

vulcantouch
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
-if you give up finding it on your own (but give it a lil more time, i say :) ), there's always this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=149&page=39&pp=25) option (i don't usually call attention to these offers outside of the mm forum or its regulars, so try not to spread this around ;) ). you'd pay what i did (srp + tax) + shipping-
vt

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I've checked around the local Target, TRU, & WM's. There are no Senate Guards of either color. I hope they pack some more of these in the later cases.

Kidhuman
05-24-2005, 11:01 PM
They are in a later case Wes, the one with 2 AT-TE gunners that you said you might order becuase of the army builders in it.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Cool, KH, thanks alot. So, does anyone know the cheapest place to order cases of figures?

Kidhuman
05-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I would say EE, they wont charge you anything until its ready to ship. I used them and they are great.

jaxx
05-25-2005, 09:26 AM
-if you give up finding it on your own (but give it a lil more time, i say :) ), there's always this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=149&page=39&pp=25) option (i don't usually call attention to these offers outside of the mm forum or its regulars, so try not to spread this around ;) ). you'd pay what i did (srp + tax) + shipping-
vt
Thank you for the option. I think I'll follow your advice and try to find it the store first. But I will definitely keep your option in mind.Thanks!

jaxx
05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
OK... so I finally found the Blue Guard! It was at a Walmart, on the bottom shelf, behind some vehicles... hidden away. I hate when people do that! Anyway, I'm happy now. I have the Red and Blue versions.