PDA

View Full Version : The next 4 figures - Clone, Neimoidian, Wookiee, Destroyer

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.0D0A2E20-D56F-E112-43D5A32B853F866E/default.cfm

These look pretty good. It really seems like they're trying to push the action features on these - the Wookiee and Neimoidian Warriors both have a feature and a firing weapon. The Wookiee has a crapload of accessories, though! The image of the Clone isn't loading for me but I assume it's the one with the antenna. It says it has 14 points of articulation - here it is kids, 2005's impossible-to-find figure. Too bad that the Destroyer Droid is a rehash of the 2002 mold, but I'll still get at least one. I would've liked to have seen those ones from the multipacks in 2003 on a single card and with better arms, but you tate what you can get.

JEDIpartner
04-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm just concerned about getting the "other figures" from #33 to #40 at the moment.

JediBoulton
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Courious -- but did ANYONE find any figures over #32 this past weekend?

If So -- Who?

And do we know when more are supposed to be out ?

Vortex
04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Nope didn't get anything past #32.

I think only wave 1 & 2 were released, and have yet to see or find or hear of any one outside of EE that got the AT walker thingy.

CaptainSolo1138
04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe Slicker found a few over #32.

hango fett
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah. he did. i didn't find anything above 28 until the next morning. then i found 29-32. hope to find more. maybe even today!
HF

Slicker
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I couldn't get the picture of the Clone to load either.:confused:

And yes I did SEE figures over 32, and I actually got to touch them, and I even got to put them in my basket, but they mysteriously disappeared when I made it to the register.:rolleyes: Oh, well I'm not too worried.

Kenobi
04-04-2005, 03:22 PM
I found figures 1 - 40 over the weekend. Everything from 33 on was found at Wal-Mart.

Here's a pic (http://img25.exs.cx/img25/4738/33to406ix.gif) of 33 - 40.

ronhudy
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
My son got #36-Exploding Grievous (only one in store) at WM MM. There were also one each of #37-40, which we didn't get. Yesterday afternoon at another WM, we picked up one each of #33 Clone Commander, #34 Clone Pilot, and #35 Palpatine. There were 2 or 3 of each, but when I went to the same WM this morning, the rest were gone. They did have some fresh cases out this morning though, and I scored 2 Blue Royal Guards. Be happy to trade up for a Red if someone needs a blue...PM me. :)

beckmen
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Out of those 4 figs, the only one that interests me is the new clone trooper.

Spinosaurus2004
04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
The Neimoidian guy looks really cool. I'll probably pick up all of them except for the Destroyer Droid. Also, I did not see any of figs 33-40 this weekend.

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I found 33-39 today.

Ok, the thing with the Clone Trooper(#41) is he is one per case in 3 asst's, and 1 asst he is two per case.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
SPOILER WARNING!

*** Pics of upcoming toys***

Here are pics of the upcoming "Jedi Duel Scenes" Utapau Landing, Trade Federation Cruiser, and Chancellor's Office.

Also pictures of the Mustafar playset and "Mission Specific" Clone Trooper. I found them on Sears.com, although they are not in stock.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Here is a pic of the Tri-Droid figure, also from Sears.com:

mephisto designs
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
I found Vader's Medical Droid, Polis Massan, and Mas Amedda yesterday, but haven't seen the others between 33-40 , the store said they had had them but sold out.

Clonetrooper630
04-05-2005, 12:38 AM
the clone looks relly good I hope I can score more than one:ermm:

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 02:12 AM
Here is a pic of the Tri-Droid figure, also from Sears.com:
That's the "Chopper" medial droid, not the Tri Droid. The Tri Droid is a weird ball-on-legs thing.

The reason the photos weren't loading on the Hasbro page is that some were assigned to a non-existant server, cfdev.hasbro.com, just copy the image location, paste it into the browser, and take off the "cfdev." part.

On the SA Clone, I think the helmet isn't totally on the fig, you can see the white ball-joint just under the chin section in the prototype photo: http://hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//85459.jpg

It'll be nice to have a Clone that can rotate at the waist, if I find any of these I'll buy at least 1, but to be honest the current Clone, ROTS #6, is as well articulated as the CW Clone except for the waist, so there's not all THAT much reason to go nuts for this. Heck, I just did a head-swap from the ROTS Clone to the CW SA Clone, the neck is a little shorter on the CW Clone and the ball-joints are a *slightly* different diameter, but it's easily doable if you're desperate for waist articulation now.

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
All of the 33-40 figures are out (if you can find them). We went to Wal-Mart on our lunch break yesterday and picked up a bunch of Clone Commanders, AT-TE gunners, Clone Pilots, Palaptines (with the blue lightsaber), Vader's Medical droids, et al.

They're being snapped up pretty quickly, but they're around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2005, 11:53 AM
That's the "Chopper" medial droid, not the Tri Droid. The Tri Droid is a weird ball-on-legs thing.

The reason the photos weren't loading on the Hasbro page is that some were assigned to a non-existant server, cfdev.hasbro.com, just copy the image location, paste it into the browser, and take off the "cfdev." part.

On the SA Clone, I think the helmet isn't totally on the fig, you can see the white ball-joint just under the chin section in the prototype photo: http://hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//85459.jpg

It'll be nice to have a Clone that can rotate at the waist, if I find any of these I'll buy at least 1, but to be honest the current Clone, ROTS #6, is as well articulated as the CW Clone except for the waist, so there's not all THAT much reason to go nuts for this. Heck, I just did a head-swap from the ROTS Clone to the CW SA Clone, the neck is a little shorter on the CW Clone and the ball-joints are a *slightly* different diameter, but it's easily doable if you're desperate for waist articulation now.
Oh, okay. I got it now. The clone looks pretty good! Too bad "Super Articulation" can't be the action feature on all of them . . .

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Except for the lack of waist on CT #6, he's not only as articulated as the SA Clone, but actually has MORE range on his hip articulation, the hips go up higher than on the SA Clone. So with that all in mind, I think of the action feature on CT #6 as a bit of a blessing, you get a decent-looking army-building figure that isn't too hard to find so far because a lot of collectors are passing it up due to its action feature.

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 03:57 AM

The photo of that prototype seems to have considerably less black around it's neck leading up to the ball-joint than CT #6 does. Thats probably why it looks like the helmet isn't on the head of the figure all the way. The gap of space between the bottom of the helmet and the body look pretty close to being the same on both figures. If they don't address this its nothing a little black paint under the chin section couldn't fix but hopefully that won't be necessary considering this is afterall a prototype.

samskull
04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Four more Army Builders for the masses - sounds good.

What about that "They're called action figures, not stand-there-and-look-good figures" crack on the Hasbro site. No, that couldn't be targeted to the collectors out here.

megaprime33
04-06-2005, 02:41 PM
I didnt know the later numbered figures were even out. I really wanna get my hands on that exploding grievous and also the Red royal guard. That thing will be a ***** to find.

jedi master sal
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I too want the AT-TE Gunner (need 8-12), Clone Commander (need 4-6) and Clone Pilot (need 15 at least).

Of the 4 actually proposed in the title of the thread I need:
New Clone (Depends on if it is mission specific, but basically as many as I can find. If mission specific then about 20 of each variation which could be as many as 5 variants)
Neimodian-20 of them Okay, so we may not see that many of them in the movie, but I want to set up a scene where the clones are kick the crap out of the Neimoidians.
Wookiee- 5-6 It really depends on if this is the same or very near the same as the preview Wookiee. If the Bandoliers are removable, then I'll get more as I can swap some of them out with the Wookiee Warrior from the preview wave. If not then I get just a few and repaint some.
Destroyer droid-Meh, I'll get 2 to start. One Carded and one to open. If when I open it I find it's a decent figure then I may get more. Honestly I think the EPI DD was the best so far. Other than nt being able to totally roll up into a ball it's about as spot on as you can get.

Sometimes it sucks being an army builder. (Only on the wallet really)

-Sal

BanthaPoodoo
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Commander Bacara, R2-D2, & Anakin Skywalker are up now...
http://hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.17669311-D56F-E112-4AE4E7E91C119DEB/default.cfm

The Anakin is a spoiler sort of if you don't want to know what happens...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Commander Bacara, R2-D2, & Anakin Skywalker are up now...
http://hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.17669311-D56F-E112-4AE4E7E91C119DEB/default.cfm

The Anakin is a spoiler sort of if you don't want to know what happens...
SPOILERS

I still can't understand how there could be so many parts in one basic figure package (I mean Anakin). It says there's interchangeable heads and hands, but it looks more like two whole bodies - well, not exactly whole. ;) I bet that the cloaked, "whole" Anakin will be displayed prominently in the package, with his charred head, torso/crotch, and arms behind the insert. Hopefully none of the parts are two-sided (meaning the regular on the front, charred on the back), but we'll have to see when it comes out.

beckmen
04-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Maybe his tunic and shirt are part of the cloak? And the figure kind of "slides in" from the bottom and then you attach him arms? I dunno. Seem like it should be a deluxe fig.

At any rate, this is probably my most-anticipated upcoming fig.

beckmen
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Bacara looks like the Quick-Draw Clone with some stuff tacked on. Oh, well I might still buy him.

Anyone know when we will be seeing these on shelves?

Joshkj
04-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Sometimes it sucks being an army builder. (Only on the wallet really)

-Sal

I too want the AT-TE Gunner (need 8-12), Clone Commander (need 4-6) and Clone Pilot (need 15 at least).

Of the 4 actually proposed in the title of the thread I need:
New Clone (Depends on if it is mission specific, but basically as many as I can find. If mission specific then about 20 of each variation which could be as many as 5 variants)

Ill double that, I want to see the mission specifics first though. Maybe you could give me some experienced pointers sal.
All I have now iis 2 barks and 14 clones in my army.:ermm: :beard:

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
The photo of that prototype seems to have considerably less black around it's neck leading up to the ball-joint than CT #6 does. Thats probably why it looks like the helmet isn't on the head of the figure all the way. The gap of space between the bottom of the helmet and the body look pretty close to being the same on both figures. If they don't address this its nothing a little black paint under the chin section couldn't fix but hopefully that won't be necessary considering this is afterall a prototype.I just double-checked to be sure, CT #6 has a white ball joint under the helmet yet even with the head staring up as high as it can look, you can't see the ball unless you're looking from below the fig. (Just for the record, the CW SA Clone has the ball painted black halfway up.)

Commander Bacara, R2-D2, & Anakin Skywalker are up now... Dang it, not another revisit of the stupid Power FX R2 figure. This one looks like the Saga fig, the first version before they replaced the Power FX-fig's "shoulders" with the updated look.

twiggy73
04-07-2005, 02:19 AM
I Live In San Antonio, Tx And I Was Able To Fine The Clone Commander And Clone Pilot At Wm. They Had Several Of Each One. There Was One Tank Gunner But Somebody Had Already Got It. I Guess I Will Keep Looking.