PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Anakin/Vader variation

ronhudy
04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I've seen two different versions of this figure. One has the "Vader" pieces visible along the side of the package, while the other has them along the bottom behind the insert. The latter seems to be the most abundant variation.

Anybody see the same...or the oppostie? Which is the so-called "variant"?
(No longer a variant collector...just curious.:))

Jaina Solo
04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Seems to be the opposite around here. All the Deluxe Anakin/Vaders I saw, and the one I bought, all have the Vader pieces visible.

sith_killer_99
04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I think the change was made so that they could display the armor. I bought both. Most likely the hidden armor will be less abundant.

rbaumhauer
04-04-2005, 07:43 PM
There are also two variations of the Obi-wan vs. SBD set - one has the "battle damaged" leg separate, the other has it attached.

Rick

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I saw both versions of the Deluxe Anakin/Vader today at Target. There was only two of the version with the armor on the bottom and the remaining 10 or so all had the armor packed on the side. The corrected version seems to be the one with the armor showing like SK99 stated but I seriously doubt the hidden armor variant will ever be considered rare. It reminds me of the Deluxe Jango and Mace with no foot holes back when the Saga line debuted.

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 08:06 AM
I think the change was made so that they could display the armor. I bought both. Most likely the hidden armor will be less abundant.

I thought the same thing as I was stocking the shelves. I found only two with the hidden armor peices, and 10 with the armor showing. Then I went iover and opened the feature that had the deluxe figures, and there was a bunch with the hidden armor, and none with the armor showing.