PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers from Book/CD's?

The 'Xir
04-04-2005, 03:49 PM
OK, now that MM is well behind us, everyone has had a weekend to ask themselves why we just blew our entire paychecks on this stuff, and to digest any new info learned from the Novel, and or Audio Cd's!
I bought both, but have only listened to the Audio Cd's and only read the first chapter of the book! Unfortunately I haven't discovered much that I didn't already know, just learned(possible)dialouge.

Palp and Sidious are infact one and the same, Padme does die, things we've all discussed here on the forums, but no real BIG spoiler! However, just from my knowledge of other events within the movie, I can tell that the Cd's do leave out ALOT! No Kashyyyk/Chewbacca, no Jar Jar, and even the way Anakins' "Death" was told, was pretty unimpressive!(Basically it explains how Palps shuttle arrives right after their fight, and Ben never actually sees him die but sees Palps shuttle and splits(So it's safe to say Ben knows or has a good feeling that Ankain is still alive)) So I'm still intrigued at what possibilities are left, although I doubt much.

So care to share? Or still speculate...

I hate to say but upon first listen, I was really excited about seeing the movie, but now all the quesitons are comming and there aren't a ton of answers! Hopefully the book and movie will fill in the gaps! :nerv:

The 'Xir
04-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, I remember thinking upon hearing the story of Darth Plagueis, that they were suggesting that Palpatine may have created Anakin through the force! But, they never come out and say this within the Audio Cd's(they may in the book or movie).

Basically the story says that Plagueis through darkside powers learned how to manipulate the midichlorians themselves to do his bidding, thus being able to control life and death! Then upon passing this knowledge onto his apprentice his apprentices kills him! Well Palps reveals to Anakin that he was that Apprentice, and that's why Anankin "stops" Mace from killing him because he needs Palps to save Padme from dying!
Sooo, I'd only assume that Palps may have taken the Jedi prophecy of "The Chosen One" and twisted it to his liking(seeing as how the sith are the ones really out of balance), by creating Anakin through the Force! So if true, then Anakin had a predestined path to the darkside! Although, Palps couldn't have forseen Anakin and Padmes' love, and that love or the "result" of that love ends up being his undoing! ;) Just a theory! :)

2-1B
04-05-2005, 01:55 AM
I completed a set of the new trading cards and those are full of spoilers. It says that Obi-Wan takes off Ani's arm and both legs in one swing and he tips over toward the lava holding on with his mech-arm but he soon falls.

Kit Fisto goes 3rd after Kolar and Tiin and before Mace . . . who takes a dark side energy blast which sends him to his doom. I wonder if he gets chucked out a window, or what ?

There are tons more, like Palps saying to the Senate how the attempt on his life left him disfigured and another one says that after the crowd cheers for Palps, Padme laments "so this is how democracy dies, with applause."

Still much to learn about this movie. :D

Slicker
04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Kit Fisto goes 3rd after Kolar and Tiin and before Mace . . . who takes a dark side energy blast which sends him to his doom. I wonder if he gets chucked out a window, or what ?
Mace is about to defeat Sidious, then Anakin intervenes and cuts off Mace's lightsaber, hand then Sidious unleashes force lightening sending Mace out the window to his death.

Darth Kirk
04-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Just wondering which version of the cd you got, is it the abridged or unabridged? Cuz the unab version has 9 cds, which prob. has more story/detail..

The 'Xir
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Just wondering which version of the cd you got, is it the abridged or unabridged? Cuz the unab version has 9 cds, which prob. has more story/detail..

DOHpe!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Great! Figures! Yeah mine must be the abridged version seeing as how mine only has 4Cds! It's weird too, because on the sticker it said it had 6Cd's! Hey I should have known better, I got it at Wally World! :stupid:

I completed a set of the new trading cards and those are full of spoilers. It says that Obi-Wan takes off Ani's arm and both legs in one swing and he tips over toward the lava holding on with his mech-arm but he soon falls.

True. However, if I rememeber correctly it says he comes to rest at the edge of the molten lava and his cape starts to catch fire when Ben sees Palps shuttle and splits!

True and Yes!

There are tons more, like Palps saying to the Senate how the attempt on his life left him disfigured and another one says that after the crowd cheers for Palps, Padme laments "so this is how democracy dies, with applause."

Still much to learn about this movie. :D

True.(Mace cuts off his hand(then read what Slicker posted))
Padmes' Lament also true(according to books/Cd's, but who knows if this line will make it to the movie. I've already noticed how alot of the dialogue doesn't match).

jblodgett
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Another couple spoilers...

If the book is any indication, Jar Jar IS in the movie. (albeit incredibly briefly)
[He doesn't die]

Anakin does force choke Padme.

C3P0's memory IS erased.
R2D2's memory IS NOT erased.

Qui-Gon Jinn IS in the movie. He explains the whole process of becoming "one with the force."

2-1B
04-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Xir, there's a picture over at the MF site which has Anakin's head almost submerged in the lava while his eyes are Sith yellow. :)

I'm so glad to hear that Artoo is NOT memory wiped ! ! ! :)

The 'Xir
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Caesar - I went back and listened to the audio CD, and it does state that Vader "bursts into flames" before Ben sees the Palps ship, but I got to admit that I've always kinda thought this whole lava thing was kinda corny! I mean even being Sci-Fi no one can survive being submerged in lava!
I went and looked at that pic on MF.com and this still maybe his cape catching fire and the flames swelling around him, It didn't quite look like lava exactly, but it really was kinda hard to tell! When you first posted that though, all I could think of was,"are we gonna get a terminator/Ahrnold like endning?" ;) I'm just waiting for the pic of the "thumbs up" before he disappears into the lava! :rolleyes: :D

darthjabba
04-15-2005, 10:48 PM
I was looking at the book at best buys that has all the makeing etc inside it and they have this picture of anakin up to his chin in lava hands feet everything else is in the lave its a really gorey picture, so is that all is left of him just his head basically??? i have much to learn still,,,,,,

moulman
04-16-2005, 07:29 AM
C3P0's memory IS erased.

Although this is true, it would of made alot of sense to get R2's memory erased too. Wouldnt if of been possible for R2 just to retell everything to C3PO. But then, C3PO probablly wouldnt of beleived him.

The 'Xir
04-16-2005, 08:48 PM
C3P0's memory IS erased.

Although this is true, it would of made alot of sense to get R2's memory erased too. Wouldnt if of been possible for R2 just to retell everything to C3PO. But then, C3PO probablly wouldnt of beleived him.

Exactly!!! This has bothered me for awhile as well! I don't know what George was thinking. I mean in ANH when R2 goes off to find Obi-Wan, and 3po asks him, "Secret mission? Plans? What plans? I'm not getting in there" why doesn't R2 just explain everything to him on the ride down to Tatooine! Plus, when they are sold to Owen, and they're talking with luke in the garage, he could just have C3PO tell Luke everything right there! ie...

R2: Bleep-Bleep, squeal-whistle blooooop beep

3PO: "He says he is the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi, a resident of these parts, and A friend of Anakin Skywalker your father.It's a private message just for him"

Luke: "He knew my father?!!!" "You knew my father?!"

3PO: "Fankly Sir I don't know what he's talking about, I had my memory erased by my last master Captain Antilles!"

Luke: "Well, ask him! Ask him what he knows of my father!"

R2: "Bleep-Bleep bleep wooo wooo"

3po: "He says that our instructions are only too deliver the message to Obi-Wan himself, and all other information is classified!"

Luke: "Really, well I think your too small to run away from me, so let me just activate the restaining bolt here to make sure you don't try anything funny and let's just have a look inside my little friend and see if we can't figure out just who you are and where you come from, and more importantly what you know of my father." :crazed:

Actually now that I think about this, once Luke became R2's keeper(for arguments sake, let's say during ESB), couldn't he just have commanded R2 what should be kept classified and what shouldn't? So at any time Luke could have learned what R2 knew, from R2's heroics aboard Queen Amidala's ship against the Trade Federation, from when he first met Anakin and 3po, all the way up to Lukes' own Birth(basically whatever R2 was present for during the events of the PT)!
Let's for fun say that, that info was password protected, in our own day and age, with the existince of Identity theft, I think we are all aware that passwords can be easily stolen, if someone had enough will and want them bad enough!

Well, you know even with the things I disagree with George on, I always try to give him the benefit of the doubt saying overall the Story is a pretty good one, but this little tid-bit is a HUGE hole/snag! :dis: