PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Thread

Scackmgack
04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Alright, time for those of us in the best State of the Union to get together and figure out what we have around here. :)

The Boston area doesn't seem to have much of anything over figure #32. No AT-RTs, Wal-Marts didn't get the Early Bird certificate and they're not carrying the Titanium series, either.

Anyone found anything along these lines elsewhere in MA?

Darthmog
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I made a really good run of the Southeastern Walmarts, TRU's, Targets and K-mart and didn't find anything beyond what you listed. I was surprised that the Walmart in Fairhaven had a bunch of little cardboard displays set up around the store that I thought were only available at the 48 hours of the force stores.

sithspider
04-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I live in mass and I have had no trouble finding anything other then figures over 32. I went to wal-mart today in Salem Nh and They still had the early bird the vader case the new titanium ships. Target In Nashua even had 3 lava vaders hanging on the pegs. TRU was manily the same nothing over 24 same as it was for mm. I had no problem getting all 3 exclusives or figures up to 32 even got the red and blue guard. But a mass board is great I would love to find out what others are finding and I tell what i have seen

Scackmgack
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Not a single Wal-Mart in the state of Massachusetts, according to everything I have read, had the tent sale and sold the Early Bird certificate or the Titanium ships.

I wonder if these products will be shipped to other Wal-Marts or is that it?

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 10:17 PM
You can get them at WM.com

Scackmgack
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I know. I've read the threads - but I would have preferred to get these at a Wal-Mart store myself. I was looking forward to the excitement of adding to the haul on Saturday, and I also hate paying shipping.

Thanks for the info, though, kid. :)

sithspider
04-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Like I said before Wal-mart in salem Nh has tons of everything minus clones and guards and 33-40 I don't know where you are in mass but It like a half hour for me to salem no shipping plus no sales tax But if you do run into 33-40 anywhere let me know

Darthmog
04-05-2005, 12:16 PM
We'll have to see if this proves to be true, but an employee at the Walmart in Plymouth told me that all the non 48 hours of the force stores would eventually be getting some of the Early Bird Exclusives. I also heard that the Walmarts in Oxford and Ware had the 48 hour tents of course NH is still closer for anyone in Eastern MA.

I'll be checking all weekf for 33 - 40 figures and post if and when I find them.

Scackmgack
04-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for posting to this thread, all. Let's keep it going. :)

Today at the new Target near me I got hooked up with one of the light-up Vader gift cards. I've gotten to know the night manager there, so she let me have one before they were even out. Gonna post some pics on the main ROTS pages, but it is very cool.

sithspider
04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Just to let you guys know I finally found some figs after #32 at wal-mart in Methuen I found 33-34-36 I belive they had just restoked because there were lots of empty boxes on the floor and the shelves were overflowing I went threw abit 200 fig and all I found was 1 clone commander 1 clone pilot and 2 exploding grevious there were no others so I don't know what the case break down is at least its a start

Scackmgack
04-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the update, Sith...it gives us hope. I stopped by the Danvers TRU and the Target on Route 1 in Saugus today during my run to get my holo Yoda, and there was nothing new.

I decided I am bringing back about $200 worth of stuff I got at Midnight Madness because I know all these figures are going to be warming pegs for months. All I really want is to built my armies for now, I've decided.

Master ToNone
04-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I am debating bringing some things back too. MM euphoria had me drunk with new products. I went to the Danvers TRU for MM. It seemed smaller than MM for AOTC

Scackmgack
04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I brought stuff back on Tuesday the 12th, there was nothing new at the Target in Revere or the Wal-Mart just over the border in Lynn.

Nor had there been anything new in the Danvers TRU when I returned some stuff on Sunday the 10th when I was going to get my holo Yoda.

I have a feeling we are going to be waiting quite a few weeks for #33-#40...damnit, I just want my Clone Pilots and Clone Commanders! :)

Master ToNone
04-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Kohl's at the liberty tree mall = not much, only wave 1 & 2. Sparse at best. I heard Kohl's was the place to find 33-36. They weren't talking the Danvers store.

Target in Danvers, = nothing new.

megaprime33
04-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I found the red guard and a blue sabered #35 palpatine between Walmart No.Reading and Target Somerville.

Master ToNone
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Mega,
which store did you find the red saber Palpatine?

sithspider
04-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Whats going on guys sorry I have not posted in a while I have been a bit busy but any way I have finally found 33-40 between wal-mart and kohls. But what I have been looking for is the Target clone trooper. Vader on the medical table. Any body have any luck finding these or any info when they would be out. The other thing is I am looking for palpatine #35 with the blue saber. I have been hanging all on my wall so I wanted to get them all. Oh before I forget anybody see any thing about 41-44. I have seen some holo-yoda lying around to so if anybody needs help with some things let me know.

Scackmgack
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I have some news.

As of around 9:00 p.m. last night, 4/26, there was an AT-RT in the Danvers Target, and I know from checking dcpi's at another Target that they have 18 SA Clone Troopers left.

I'm friends with the night manager at the Revere Target so I had her run the dcpi and check at local area Targets, as well. They had a bunch in the Somerville, South Bay, and Watertown Targets, I believe. I don't have my notes with me b/c I am at work, but if you have your Target run the dcpi, they will find them.

I actually think a good strategy for this is to go to a Target which does not have them, have them run the dcpi, and then ask them if they can call the store which DOES have them and see if they can hold some for you, which is what I did. Perhaps if the request comes from a team member from another store they might pay it more heed.

Also, I ran into someone in the Danver's Kohl's and he told me some interesting tales about collecting in the area.

Apparently, the Wal-Mart on Route 105 gets ALL kinds of Star Wars toys, which is odd because it is such a small store. The woman there orders the toys to give them to people who work for her so they can scalp them, goes the theory.

From what he told me, the TRU in Danvers has ALL kinds of shenanigans going on behind the scenes with any kind of collectibles. They didn't have any holo Yodas the night of midnight madness but this guy swore they had been in the store, just taken by the employees.

I had always thought that Boston just got screwed in terms of supply, but according to this gentlemen I met at Kohl's that's not the problem at all. The problem is the scalpers, and how well-connected they are.

One of the chief culprits is apparently this 300-pound-plus short, fat guy with glasses and a prop cane and who smells pretty bad (I give the details to see if any of you know of this person) who hits the stores as soon as they open and just takes everything that is rare. Apparently this person is personally responsible for why I cannot find any Clone Commanders or Clone Pilots or AT-TE gunners.

So, if you should see such a person, make sure to tell him "Thanks for buying all the Clone Commanders," just to see the look on his face - and then post here to tell us all about it. :)

I am hoping I can have a run-in with this biotch and give him an earful if I see him taking everything off the shelves.

Fwad
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
That guy you are talking about is at the Saugus Target every morning at opening. Then he goes to all the other stores. I would love to see some other people show up there at opening and go right for the Hot Wheels. I try to go there on the weekends and he flips out because he cant beat me to the toys. He will also follow you around to see what you get.

Fwad
04-27-2005, 07:00 PM
He is also very friendly with the employees at that Target in Saugus. Also when a Target does a store locator for you the will get that stores inventory from the end of the previous day.

sithspider
04-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Nice to see that people are posting in here again. I just got the clone trooper and the 5-pack of cases the other night at Target in woburn i gave the lady at Guest Services the DCPI an she looked it up and called it out back an the brought them up They have 23 left at that store if anyone needs them. I also found a blue saber palpatine at the Salem NH Wal-Mart. I have been to most of the stores that you all are talking about Tru in Danvers Wal-mart on 114 target in saugus and the such I went to wal-mart in North Reading The other night and they had all of the New deluxe figures other then Vader there must have been like 6 or 8 of them you could actually see the spaces where there were takin from. It would figure that there are scalpers taking just that. If anyone needs HOLO Yodas TRU in medford had 5 yesterday just sitting on the shelf for 9.99 man I hope this does not continue like this cause I need 41-56 and if the scalpers are out picking those out that is going to be hard for all of us. Well hopefully we can all keep each other informed on what is out there and where Anybody needs a fig hidden let me know LOL

Fwad
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Woburn's Target clonetroopers are gone. That N. Reading Walmart is a dump. I am really suprised you saw the new Deluxe there. 2 weeks ago i found 2 cases with Han Hoth and Luke Jedi only. 24 of each and they rang up for $1. Also last weekend the Tru in Peabody had a bunch of the Holo Yodas on the pegs with the rest of the figures. Thet can keep it for 9.99

Master ToNone
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
given that I usually go to the Danvers area stores and never find anything, this news is very enlightening...and disturbing.

I was in the Danvers TRU today, and they didn't have anyting over figure #24. I am not sure if they ever have. They did have the ARC-Fighter.

Around the time of AOTC I ran into some TRU employees there that would always be watching me around the star wars stuff (not like a shoplifter because if I went to another part of the store they couldn't care if I walked out with 50 Talking Barneys). One guy would always tell me they were out of figures without me asking.

Fwad
04-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I have not had a hard time at all finding figures. This has been almost as easy as Episode 1. I have no problem helping you guy out finding stuff. I also got the case # of the clone troopes at Target. It was case 85 out of 111. That is how many cases came from the warehouse for this region. They might be able to reorder these. I will have to inquire about this. If when you scan the clone trooper it says NCF then the description of the item that means it is Not Carried Forward and they can't get anymore.

Fwad
04-27-2005, 07:49 PM
The Peabody store has some big time Marvel Legends collectors working there. That is why for about a year no new Marvel Legends hit the floor.

Scackmgack
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
As far as I am concerned, Fwad has confirmed the existence of this evil fat man who is taking all our figures (not that there is anything inherently wrong with fat people - I'm fat too, just not evil). I would love to see if there is something we can do about this. Unfortunately, I think it is entirely unrealistic. I work for a living so weekdays are out and weekend sleep is precious, although I am seriously considering showing up at the Saugus Target this Saturday morning just to see if this douchebag is there so I can thank him for buying all the Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots, and AT-TE Gunners, along with anything else #33-#40.

If anyone has the spare capital to pick these up when they see them and they also have a PayPal account, I'm looking for two Clone Commanders, three Pilots for my ARC-170, and two Gunners. I can keep searching and hunting for the others, but I'm an army builder, and not being able to find these is really ****ing me off.

Knowing what I know now about this prop-cane using j.o., I'm particularly incensed.

You know, while I am asking - does anyone here play strategy boardgames? Given that I had time to get to know some people, I am dying to find people to play Clone Wars Risk with, and I might not mind getting together with some local collectors and seeing what kind of a network we can build up to help each other out and try to offset these scalper a-holes.

I'll get off my soapbox now so someone else can post. *grin*

sithspider
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
WOW r you sure that the Clone Troopers are gone form there (target in woburn) one I got mine yesterday the guy that brought them said that I was the 1st to ask about these. I hope collectors got them an not stinkin scalpers. I went to Wal-mart in Lynn an they are loaded with everything from 1-32 even had a few Blue Guards. I got nothing cause All I want is one of each and I already have 1-40. I was hoping to find vader onthe table and maybe anything 40. But I would love to help anyone that needs something. I used to do this with another guy that we would hide things in the store that we needed I now it sounds silly but it works. I mean if we work together there is no reason we cannot all get what we need. Like some one said earlier that they have not had trouble finding anything. I would have to agree I mean I have both guards Both palp #35 Lava Vader holo Yoda the early bird and the clone trooper. I belive the only thing that I want that I have not seen yet is Vader on the table Ani #2 w/Dooku saber an 41-56 sorry about babling on But like I said anyone that need help or can help me let me know. And hopefully we can stay ahead of the smelly fat man LOL

Scackmgack
04-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I just got word from the guy I met at Kohl's (who hopefully will be making an account on here soon so I can stop calling him "the guy I met at Kohl's" as I don't feel comfortable giving out his name) that the Vader on the operating table, Yoda on flying-insect-thing (lol), Clone Trooper with jetpack and Crab Droid have all been seen around here. I forget precisely which store they were found at, but my Kohl's acquaintance thinks he has an idea of the case assortment, so they were newly-pegged.

The more I talk to my Kohl's acquaintance, the more I think that we are getting plenty of product around here, but it is just getting seized by the scalpers.

Does anyone know how to cut brakes? Apparently Mr. Fat-and-Smelly had his car egged once upon a time, which means we can find the car if we need to... :evil:

Okay, I need to take that back as saying things like that probably isn't taken too kindly by the board monitors and I really didn't mean it *cough* though the more I hear about Cane Boy the more despicable he sounds.

So, without getting too specific as to where we are all from, for security's sake, where is everyone from? LOL! North Boston here.

Master ToNone
04-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Salem, Danvers, Peabody area. I hit NS mall and Liberty tree. SOmetimes I hit the Burlington mall area. And the N. Reading Walmart. But without getting too specific, I live in one or the first 3 cities. lol

F the fat man.

Scackmgack
04-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I think every MA person on here in the Boston area should add "F the Fat Man" to their signature. I'm going to after I post this. :)

sithspider
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Well it seems we all live the same area what is good my job has me on the road so I get to a lot of places to check out. Good tip on the Deluxe 2 at Kohls man thats a secret that will get pretty quick and will be all over I remember I found 33-40 at kohls in medford. I went back to days later to see if anything new was there and it was all obi,ani,vader, and clone #6. I don't mind paying the extra dollar if i can getthe figs in one shot and it saves me gas money. I wonder if its true about 41-what ever coming out May 5 the targets in Revere and Everett seem pretty bare so I wonder if they a waiting till then to restock. Went to Wal-mart in Lynn and they are going to be behind for awhile. Same as TRU what is P***ing me off with them that they are just dumping fig in a bin. Me being an momc that is sooooooooo anoying. Well like i said if anyone finds anything new let me know

Scackmgack
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I heard that there is a Star Wars enthusiast who works at the Revere Target, which may explain why nothing over #32 is getting to the pegs...

sithspider
04-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Man I hate to hear that (target revere) I near that target alot and I have talked to the girl in the toy dept in (target woburn) She knows what is going on but she is big about not bringing stuff out from the back. Like I said Hopefully we can get a jump on everything past 40

Fwad
04-28-2005, 07:33 PM
All these Targets stock overnight and if you are not there 1st thing in the morning you are out of luck. I will make a weekend run and see what i can find. Don't worry if you don't find everything right away because just like every other movie year there will be a big summertime clearance at Target and Walmart. I have only bought the clones and Jedi's so far. All the rest i will get for 1 or 2 dollars later. There is so much of this stuff comming it isn't funny. The movie hasn't hit and we are allready into the 40's.

Scackmgack
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM
What I am concerned about is something my Kohl's acquaintance was discussing with me (we've actually spoken on the phone a few times since to try to hook each other up with stuff...I am currently looking for a 10" Hawkgirl figure for him).

Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots, AT-TE gunners...as long as they are hot properties, and as long as people are willing to pay good money for them on eBay, the Fat Man and his ilk will continue to buy them up. So it becomes a moebius strip of scalping in which the only way regular guys like me are going to find anything at 7:00 p.m.+ which is the only time I can shop is when they ship in such HUGE quantities that they are pegwarmers - but that will never happen as the Fat Man and company will keep buying them to scalp them.

I am very, very anxious for HasbroShop.Com to open up. I really think we need to make a concerted push in the community to do a lot of business with that site. If Hasbro has enough of a response, they will start holding more and more product to sell through the website, shipping less to the retailers, and they would keep producing (ostensibly) until demand dries up.

Just think of all the people out there who never buy all the figures they want because they refuse to pay scalper's prices but who would buy them if they could find them on the pegs...if Hasbroshop.com becomes that outlet, a lot of our problems could be solved.

I dunno...I don't think I have it in me to start making morning toy runs to these stores. I need my sleep when I can get it, and Lord knows if I would actually find anything once I was there.

Know what burns me up the most, too? Apparently the Fat Man comes from a rich family. Lives with his mother. No wonder he has time to scour the stores looking for Hot Wheels and Star Wars figures - he has nothing else to do. No job and no woman.

Scackmgack
05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Friday night I picked up a Titanium Series Droid Trifighter, AT-RT, and Jedi Starfighter from the Lynn Wal-Mart. They had a few Republic Gunships, Y-Wings, A-Wings and Snowspeeders on the pegs Saturday morning when I was there.

Saturday morning at the Saugus Target on Route 1 I found 1 Clone Pilot, 2 Clone Commanders, an Exploding Grievous and the Red Cloak Palpatine on the pegs. Nothing more in the back - a girl was willing to look for me. She also confirmed the presence of the Fat Man there that morning, so I can only hope he has all the Clone Commanders and Clone Pilots he wants for the time being so perhaps I can get my four other Clone Pilots (2 more for ARC-170 and 2 for Republic Gunship).

Also stopped by the Newbury Comics on Route 1 - they had a Clone Pilot and Clone Commander for $12.99 each, an Exploding Greivous for $10.99, and the rest of the figures were $9.99 each. I don't know when Newbury Comics started pricing their Star Wars figures according to rarity, but I was pretty ****ed-off about it.

Wal-Mart on Route 1 had practically nothing. I am writing them off my search list.

Kay-Bee in the Square One Mall had the same old stuff everyone else around here does.

I know that the Revere Target was getting some Gunships on the shelves on Saturday, so perhaps there are still some there now...

Master ToNone
05-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I hit Walmart - Danvers on Sat. The only place I hit as I as actually shoping for other stuff. Nothing new, yet they had the Vader collecting case with clonetrooper (aotc) and anakin (looks like #2 w/o the lightsaber)

zachatack
05-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I had some success today!

At Wal*Mart in Danvers, I found #33, 34, 35 and 36. The Palpatines were all with blue lightsabers. (They still had about 2-3 left of each.)

At Wal*Mart in Salem, I found Darth Vader on the Operating Table and Yoda on a Can-Cell (a big bug). They only had one of each, and I bought them.

Very pleased to see something new out there. I actually just started collecting any Sith figures just this past week, and so far I have been able to find everything up to #36 with the exception, of course, of the Red Guard. Did find a blue one, and no red. I did find both Palpatines (one with red sabre, one with blue.) Are these figures equally distributed, or is one a chase figure? The only other figure I seem to be having a hard time getting because I started a little late is the R4-G9 Sneak Preview figure, so if you have any leads on that, please let me know.

zachatack
05-02-2005, 09:52 AM
OK, just came back from Target in Danvers, and they have done some stocking:

They have #33-40! They also have at least 4-5 Darth Vader Chaning Table, Yoda on Can-Cell, Clone Trooper with Firing Jet Backpack and Vulture Droid Starfighter.

As for 33-40, they had a number of 33, 34, 35 and 36. They still had a couple of Mas Amedda and Vader's Medical Droid, but I only saw one of Polis Massan and AT-TE Tank Gunner.

Scackmgack
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Dude, if you need the R4-G9 Sneak Preview figure hit the Wal-Mart in Lynn a.s.a.p. - they had like 20 of them the last time I was there, on Saturday.

zachatack
05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Just found the R4-G9 at KB in Saugus. $7.99 sheesh. I went to the Lynn Wal*Mart a few days ago and didn't see the droid for some reason, but founf the other three Sneak Previews. Well, glad I finally got it.

Scackmgack
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I just got back from the Target in Danvers. Went out there right after I got home from work.

They had...surprise...a big fat NOTHING!!!

I will no longer be adding to this thread, or any other "just found" threads. I don't know if I was dealing with erroneous reporting here, or whether scalpers are reading these boards and using the information to screw us. I suspect the latter. But I'm not going to take the chance anymore, and I can't trust the info on here for the amount of time it takes between my getting it and being able to get to the stores.

All I know is I just wasted my evening going to Danvers and I am ****ed about it.

zachatack
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, I reported it, and I would never report any false information. I went between 8 and 9 am and if you went after work, I guess there would be a very big chance of them no longer being there, but was everything gone? Even the duluxe figures? Because they had at least 5 of each of them. I feel bad about you driving for nothing. I had hoped that people here would get to the figures before those who buy everything for future sales.

Master ToNone
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I was psyched when I read about the new local (north shore) stores with new figs. I was going to go hit the stores, but fell asleep past the time the stores close. At first I was p*$$ed but having read Smack's post, I think I got off lucky.
I don't think there are any false posts, but I do wonder about scalpers reading the posts. Otherwise, I would be able to find anything over #32. If anyone finds anything, they should post what, and then PM the location to those who ask or we have some familiarity with.
Smack- I understand your dissappointment, but it would be a shame if collecters couldn't talk about the stuff we found in the MA. Please continue to post what you've found...that at least gives us hope that new fig's are in the area instead of totally wasting our time.
Help us...your (one of) our only hope(s)....

Scackmgack
05-02-2005, 11:09 PM
I didn't honestly think that erroneous information was being posted - I was just listing the two theoretical possibilities so that I could eliminate one and go with the other.

I'm sorry, but I think scalpers are reading this thread, now more than ever after hearing how much stuff was purportedly in the Danvers Target.

Mass. scalpers - I hope you get into car accidents, need blood transfusions, and die because someone else used all the blood of your blood type already.

Or, I hope you get cancer of the face and your eyeballs rot in their sockets.

I'm buying from HasbroToyShop.Com from now on, as much as I can. I am done looking. Maybe once in a while on weekend mornings, and I hope I run into the Fat Man so I can tell him what a smelley p.o.s. he is, wait for him to put some Matchbox cars in his cart, and then remove them right in front of him and walk away while he tries to hobble after me to get them.

Seriously, I cannot wish enough evil on these scalpers who are screwing us out of our Star Wars stuff. I truly hope that the Hindus and the Wiccans are on to something and the energy one puts out into the world comes back to them.

Then again, this would explain why the Fat Man smells so badly...

sithspider
05-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Well I can back up what was said earlier I was out on my normal monday Star Wars run and I went to Target in Danvers at about 11am they had all of the new deluxe figs (i picked up Vader on the table) looked threw the figs looking for anything above 40 or the Ani #2 variation. Which they did not have. But they did have every thing up to 40 minus #23 (guards) and #38 (tank gunner). Left with just vader. Went to Wal-Mart on 114 and the had no new deluxe but they had alot of new figs no #33 (commander) #23 and #38 But they did have 3 #35 Blue Palp. Left with Nothing. Came home and ordered 41-44 on the Hasbro toy website. An like I said before I am not against hiding figs for peopel if they will do they same . We can send PM so that way its not in the open for every one to read. But there may be scalpers reading so this away round that. I only collect Figs on card an I keep them that way hanging from my wall an all I want is one of each. So it leave more for me to hide. Just a though let me know.

Scackmgack
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Okay, I have had a little time to relax, now.

I still am not going to post where I saw stuff, anymore. I am convinced that scalper scum are reading these posts, and until such time as I learn to create a morally-guided computer virus that can transmogrify into a real virus and infect and mercilessly slaughter scalpers, I am not giving them any information.

However, perhaps we can use these boards in a better way - list what we are looking for and then we can PM each other if we find that particular item.

Of course, then we could get scalpers creating accounts to use the system...

Honestly, I think the only way these boards are going to be of any use is if we buy things for each other and then immediately pay for them so as not to take up others' capital any longer than neccessary, or say "Hey, I can put up X dollars for this and that, if you can pick it up for me I can pay you via PayPal that day" or something like that.

The trick, then, becomes trust.

It's a pain in the patookus any way you look at it. Personally, I am moving to strictly-online shopping as fast as I can. Yes, it costs more, and yes, I have to pay shipping, but at this point I just want the hunt over with. I don't enjoy it. I enjoy having the figures in my house...

Master ToNone
05-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I was at danvers walmart today around 5. They had absolutely nothing new (ie over 32). that sucked.

In some ways...in the long run...by buying from hasbrotoys.com, it will eliminate the Target, Walmart, Toys r Us from getting enough sales to order new waves. This will in time starve the smelly fat man.

Also, I am not sure what the point of hording all the figs is because I checked ebay and the new stuff isn't selling well. I can't see the fat man and his fat posse making enough to justify the spending on inventory they likely eat (like a jelly donut).

F the Fat Man.

zachatack
05-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, I know people do buy to resell, but perhaps people are just buying them for themselves. I mean, between the items I saw there were 5 of each figure at most. Certainly there could be 5 people who are fans and completists. I guess you just have to keep checking into stores. For instance, Target in Salem had one Palpatine (red sabre), one Grevous and two Clone Commanders. They didn't have those yesterday at all, and those were there about 10am.

But I agree with Master ToNone. People might be hording them, but they aren't going for astronomical prices. Sure, some people are paying for those in the upper 40's, but I think that says more about the buyer paying more for figures that are certainly going to be available in time. I mean, it's still two weeks before the movie even OPENS. I think the most difficult figure to find right now is the Royal Guard and even those you can find on eBay for $8-9 Buy It Now on eBay.

Our problem might be those older figures sitting on the shelves and not seeing the newer ones because of it. It is a timeless tale that we have to deal with. The only thing that gets me somewhat riled and feeling puzzled is Toys R Us continuing to dump figures in a bin. It's stupid, time consuming and poor management on the part of TRU. Your product will certainly sell more if you as the retailer respect it more. It's no wonder they are having trouble keeping their own business alive.

Fwad
05-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Target in Woburn has the new deluxe as of 5pm tonight. 2 yodas, 2 droid fighters 3 Darth Vaders and 4 clonetroopers. The new stuff is starting to really show up now except at TRU. Come on summertime clearance!

Fwad
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Just to let you guys know that AT-TE driver kinda sucks. His legs are ok but his arms are real crappy.The little peg in his lower arm that connects to his upper arm is made of a really soft plastic that is easy to break.Just be carefull with his arms or you'll have to break out the glue.He also has no waist articulation.

Scackmgack
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
May I ask how you know that for a fact, Fwad, my friend? That's a pretty specific time...of course, it doesn't help me much as the earliest I can head out from North Boston for a toy run is 7:00 p.m., and everything would be gone long before I got there. :)

Thanks for the warning on the AT-TE gunner, but I'd like to be able to find that out for myself if the Fat Man and friends stop hoarding them all...God I cannot wish enough evil on them all...I really need to learn voodoo or something, make myself one of those dolls with the pins...

Right now I want two of those jetpack clone troops so bad I can taste it...I've got my eye on HasbroToyShop.Com waiting for them to go online, but I'd much prefer a retail buy.

Incidentally, is it just me or are those Vulture Fighters just repaints of the Ep. I Droid Fighters that came in the three-pack?

And why are the eyes green? They are red in the movie...that's the second time Hasbro got the eye color wrong with these molds...and the Ep. I releases had the wrong body colors, as well...

Master ToNone
05-04-2005, 06:10 PM
OK at 5 today, I hit a store and found Palp # 35 (there was one more when I left), Clone Commander (2 more left and I hid one for whoever wants it), and Vader on the Table.

They had plenty of the new delux. 2 more darth, 3 or 4 Yoda on the dragonfly, and Smack - about 4 of the delux clonetrooper with wings.

FWad and smack, I was going to send you and email with the location of this store but your account won't accept them unless/until you change that. Let me know if you have changed it. I thought there used to be a PM function on this board, but I can't seem to find it.

Master ToNone
05-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Also, I got 12 inch Grevious at Midnight Madness and am leaning toward returning him. I do know he is hard to find. Anyone interested before I return him. I'd just ask for the cost of the fig (19.99 +tax). I am an opener so I don't really know what mint condition is, but it looks good to me and if it ain't up to par, I can return it.

Fwad
05-04-2005, 07:19 PM
I was at that Target in Woburn on my evening break. Also another figure that isn't up to par is the episode 2 clonetrooper in the Darth Vader case. There is something wrong with his waist joint and his upper tosro either leans forward or backwards.That joint is too loose. My 2 with the long rifle always are looking at there feet. Walmart is suposed to have a video with some new footage of episode 3 showing on there overhead tvs. I think this was in one of there internal press releases and people are comfusing this with new waves of figures.

Scackmgack
05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
These times on these boards confuse me...I have no idea when you posted that, Fwad...but all is well because I found my two Clone Troopers with jetpacks, my Vulture Droid, and my Vader on the table tonight. There was one jetpack Clone and one Vader left.

There were also three Clone Commanders - all of them were on badly-bent cards, so they are definately going to be there.

I'll turn my PMs on...also, I'll be posting an idea on the RotS toys main board that might be of interest to you all. I want to bring it before the larger community as well, but I think I have an idea for beating the scalpers which might work for some of us.

Kidhuman
05-04-2005, 11:47 PM
FWad and smack, I was going to send you and email with the location of this store but your account won't accept them unless/until you change that. Let me know if you have changed it. I thought there used to be a PM function on this board, but I can't seem to find it.

There is a PM feature. If you look at the top of the screen, it says Private Messages. You can go in there and send one, or click on the users name above their avatar and go through their public profile if they have it turned on.

Scackmgack
05-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Ya, I turned mine on last night. :)

zachatack
05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
I just went to TRU in Peabody (6:00pm on 5/5/05) and they have 33-36 if you need them. In fact they have at least 10 pf 33, at least 5 of 34, 35 and 36. They also have at least 15 Clone Trooper figures. Some employee actually had the foresight to seperate the figures so each peg only has #34, 35, etc. All of the Palpatines had RED sabres. They also dumped them in those bins as well, which I don't understand because there is space on the pegs to fill some figures. For all mint collectors, be warned that the sticker is indeed on the bubbles.

Stil no Red Royal Guard but found another Blue one at Target. Does anyone know the deal with the red guard? And also, is Palpatine with the blue sabre really a "defect" or did Hasbro plan both versions?

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 07:29 PM
It was an error on Hasbros end and they mad a running change. Looks like not too many of the blue saber Palps got out there. I only found one, and then all red.

Fwad
05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Picked up the Episode 3 video game today and it is good. They have a bunch of real movie scenes on there that haven't leaked to the net yet.Must unlock Darth Vader.

Master ToNone
05-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I've think I am waiting to get the video game because I don't want to spoil (although I've know basically the whole thing) the movie. I figure some of the visuals are the only thing Idon't know about. But I want it bad. I expect the 19th, I'll be playing the game all day after the movie.

And Scack and FWad, looks like you've found the figs you were looking for, so I haven't PM'd you, but it is good to have that option in case some store gets the mother load before the fat man and his fattie fiends hit it (may be wishful thinking but...)

Palp35 has been the figure I've wanted most since before midnight madness. I figured it was palps when he finally reveals himself to the jedi and uses his saber for the first time. This figure is VERY disappointing. Terrible articualtion in the arms, none in the legs, and the "action" gimmick is weak. Good head sculpt though. Particullary after the deluxe Palp has is and action gimmick with no articulation. THey need to make collection 2 figure in this style like they did with Dooku. With all the articulation, no gimmicks, and the ability for many poses.

Fwad
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Palp 35 is one of those figures that you regret getting after you open them. He looked awsome in the package. I am 2/3 through the Ep3 game and there is some footage between Mace and Palps and Anakin and Palps right after The Windu confrontation. Also has some of Grevious in action and the beginning and end of the Obi/Anakin/ Dooku fight. Really cool stuff.

Master ToNone
05-06-2005, 06:13 PM
As big a disappointment as Palps 35 was, Clone Commander 33 is mighty impressive.
I thought it would be good , but he exceeds my expectations.

So far, Clone Commander, Dooku, and 3PO are the most impressive I have. And I am in utter shock that I listed 3PO, but it is the truth.

zachatack
05-07-2005, 05:54 AM
FINALLY found the Red Royal Guard. I actually found two of them at KB in Saugus. $6.99 a piece. A little higher than normal, but now grateful I have them.

Scackmgack
05-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I've actually got everything I want, now, except for some AT-TE gunners.

I had two blue guards from the Madness...I returned one. Wasn't impressed with it. The pistol doesn't fit in his hand once you take the band off, and is only good for sitting in a holster which is covered by the robes.

The red guards don't have the force pikes, so those are kind of useless - has anyone tried putting the Saga Royal Guard force pike in the hands of one of the RotS red guard's hands?

Or could I try it with my blue guard for the same effect?

I might be interested in getting a bunch of red guards and removing the cloaks to see what they looked like, maybe a new, custom villian or something, but I don't think I could do that to a figure...

Scackmgack
05-08-2005, 02:15 PM
PM me if you are in the Boston area and looking for:

Polis Massan
Mas Ameeda
Chopper Droid
#35 Palpatine (doubt anyone still needs this one but you never know)
#36 Greivous
Clone Commander

Master ToNone
05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
anyone scene the "titanium series"? Any thoughts if you bought them?

Kidhuman
05-08-2005, 09:38 PM
NOt from ytour area, but will tell you about them. I like these vehicles. I htink they look nice. I havent opened them yet but they look real good. Check the Micro Machines Forum and read the posts in there, gives you some opinionated reviews on them opened.

Scackmgack
05-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I found an AT-RT, Jedi Starfighter, and Trifighter at the Lynn Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, and picked them up.

I left them on the cards b/c of their rarity, but I like them, all in all. The AT-RT is my favorite, because the clone driver is in white armor instead of that awful green armor the 3 3/4" figure is in.

God, I hate that they did that.

And get this - I got a Blue Guard today and his cape had a nice rip down the left shoulder. Not pleased, was I.

sithspider
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Whats up. Been busy so no time to post lately. I have been to like 12 stores in the last 2 days and nothing new. Still nothing over 40 good to see that TRU is starting to get over 32 Targets seem to be catching up> still wondering if what I find i should post here casue of all the warnings of scalpers reading these boards. I waiting on 41-44 from hasbro but went out seeing if I could find Ani with dooku saber. But nothing I know he is in the new wave. And I have been playing E3 for my PS2 a little short but I like in none the less the alternate ending is cool. its a big what if kinda thing. Have to admit everytime a see a fat man in the toy isle i mumble f-the fat man under my breathe.

zachatack
05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I saw the Anakin with Dooku saber today at Target in Danvers, but I only want one of that figure, and the sabre isn't enough for me to buy two of them.

sithspider
05-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Damn you hasbro well after official being shafted by hasbro (thanks for backordering my figs) I went out looking today and found nothing I needed. I went to target in everett,revere,woburn and walmart in Lynn I saw some things but nothing I needed only need 41-44 and the ani variation but anyone intrested in what I saw drop me a line and I will share. I guess I will head the scalper warning for now until i am proved wrong.

Scackmgack
05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
I actually found #42-#44 last weekend at the Revere Target. These figures ARE out there. Keep looking. Just make your runs in the wee hours of the morning. It's the only way I find anything worth anything.

zachatack
05-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I had some luck today. I found the MUSTAFAR playset at Wal*Mart in Danvers. (It was actually not with the majority of the figures. It was in the row behind.) They also had them at the Salem, MA Wal*Mart. (But they are on the top shelf, so look up!) Price: $29.96. They also have wave 2 of the 12" line at the Wal*Mart in Danvers.

Also, I found #42, 43 and #44 at Target in Danvers. They didn't have any Clonetroopers, and they might have only had one left of Wookie Warrior, but at least we know they are starting to appear around here. Target also had the battle set of Obi-Wan vs. Grevious Bodyguard.

Good luck.

sithspider
05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Well lets see another day with nothing new I it Target (revere,everett,danvers) Walmart (lynn,danvers) Kohls (danvers,medford) TRU (danvers) Nothing new at all I found everything between 1-40 all except the red guard saw a bunch of blue. No deluxe 2 (have vader so no biggie there) I guess i will have to hit thise far away walmarts and targets this monday. No burger king cause I got vader yesterday so I am all set there

Scackmgack
05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
What is this Burger King Vader, and what is this Anakin variation people are talking about?

sithspider
05-16-2005, 09:37 AM
The BK VADER is part of the promo that Burger King is running right now, There are 31 toys in all 30 regulars spanning the whole saga and 31 is a special chase limted Darth Vader there are only 5 Vaders per case spanning the 6 wk promo. The Anakin Variation I have not heard of. I do know that when you open vader Anakin is inside the Vader shell.

Scackmgack
05-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Chase limited Darth Vader? English, please. :)

And how do you get one? Just go to BK, order a cheeseburger, and say "Can I have a Darth Vader figure?"

sithspider
05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
He is a chase figure meaning that he is limted in production kinda like the red guard (he is a chase figure) as the blue is the normal one. I have heard diffrent things about purchase methods but the BK i went to I went in bought lunch and for 1.29 more the will give you 2 star wars toys. The one i went to the lady showed me all the ones they had so I got Vader and Han in carbonite. But you just go in and ask them for it and they will sell it to you. I have been reading that alot of places have sold out of Vader or that they are holding him for some reason. But every week for six weeks you should have a shot at him. Hope i cleared this up

Scackmgack
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
So what does this Vader figure look like?

Kidhuman
05-24-2005, 12:17 AM
He is kind of Big headed, cartoonish and opens in half head to toe and Anakin is inside of him. Nice looking figure. I have 3 of em.

Master ToNone
05-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Found plenty of Neimodian warriors, and Wookie warriors (42 and 43) as well as SA clone trooper 41. Didn't think the scalpers would ever let men find the SA clone trooper.

Fwad
05-29-2005, 04:23 PM
#41 is all over the place. I have seen atleast a hundred of him so far. The FatMan was out today. I have never seen a disabled guy with a cane all of a sudden not need his cane and be able to run to the toy section. The best part is watching the little fat b***ard try to hold onto his toys and cane at the same time. He was stocking up on the invisable woman figure from the Fantastic Four line. As he had those in his hands he would stand at the end of the isle and peek around the corner to see what i was getting. He came into the isle after i left and fumbled through the stuff. To bad for him he missed the little rack with hot wheels on it. Now he missed the Treasure Hunt. Not a good day for the fat troll in the green ford taurus. Maybe he'll get lucky with the invisable woman.

zachatack
06-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Fwad, that is too funny. I know exactly who you are talking about, and I thought the exact same thing. I was walking into the store and he was practically RUNNING past me with this "cane." I am grateful that he does not seem to be a Star Wars collector, but I too questioned why someone would risk falling for toys.

Scackmgack
06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
The cane is a great prop, huh?

I have yet to run into the fat man, but I keep hearing the legend.

Master ToNone
06-01-2005, 08:29 PM
F the Fat Man....and his cane.

Scackmgack
06-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Has anyone seen Wave 3 of the Deluxe Figures around? I don't know whether it is worth making an a.m. toy run this weekend or not.

Indysolo007
06-02-2005, 03:29 PM
I have found Stass Allie, Spider Droid and Crab Droid at Target in N Attleboro last Sunday. I haven't found anything since, including the clone 3 pack. Any sign of the Tarkin wave yet?

Scackmgack
06-03-2005, 06:31 PM
How about the TRU Exclusive Anakin's Jedi Starfighter? Has that shown up at any TRU stores or do we have to get it online if we want it?

Kidhuman
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Its been found out west, but havent heard of it on the east coast.

Major Karr
06-04-2005, 06:06 AM
I have seen the TRU Starfighter in a couple of stores in the DC area. Doesn't appear to be selling very fast.

Master ToNone
06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I've actually seen the TRU Anakin exclusive Jedi Starfighter (green) in Danvers several times. And there are usually a few misplaced in other sections of star wars stuff.

Scackmgack
06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I picked mine up in Danvers this weekend. Great little ship, though I had to go through all the ones they had to inspect the decals and see which one was the most acceptable.

They also had Mustafar playsets there, and I picked one up.

Indysolo007
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I picked mine up last month at TRU in Brockton. I also managed to get the white clone 3 pack on Saturday at Target in Milford. Any one here find the Tarkin wave yet?

Scackmgack
06-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I found the Tarkin wave last weekend.

sithspider
06-09-2005, 09:00 PM
I found the tarkin wave today still no 500 vader yet

Indysolo007
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Last Sunday was my best day so far:

Got the red clone 3 pack at WalMart Avon
Tarkin, Tills, Ask at WalMart Abington
Bacara, Anakin Mustafar and R 2 WalMart Brockton

Last night I picked up the 500th Vader at TRU. I stopped by Weds and they checked the trucks manifest, saying to call in the AM. Sure enough they had one and saved it for me. By the time I went to pick mine up they had sold the other 5 the clerk said. It's a pretty cool piece, but steep on the price.

Has anyone found the Flyer or green and blue clone packs?

Indysolo007
06-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Answered my own question! I found the Wookie Flyer at the Target-Plainville Sunday morning.

Master ToNone
06-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Got Vader500 today at Danvers TRU. Last one and kinda hidden behind a Trivial pursuit SW edition.

They also had Stacy Ally and her horrible resculpt on E1 Adi Gallia's body. They had the Wookie Flyer. Several. Many Mustafar Playset.

Danvers Walmart had Palp 35 (my most anticipated figure and perhaps the worst figure of all time) and neimodian warrior and not much more.

Scackmgack
08-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Any recent sightings of Bacara and crispy Anakin?

Also looking for 500th Vader.

Indysolo007
08-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Ok I've got my major updates:

I got 54, 55, 2 shocktroopers, and a green clone commander at WalMart in Weymouth last month

I picked up the Blue Obi Wan Fighter at TRU in Brockton last month.

I found 51-53 at Target in Milford last month.

Got a Mustafar Sentry at KB in Braintree.

Holo Leia came in the mail last week.

Picked up the AT RT Driver variant at the Weymouth WalMart on Sunday.

Got an Early Bird Exclusive Kit from the WalMart in Belligham last month.

Also picked up an Amidala Ascension Gun and Wuher from a seller on rebelscum for $4 each! They came in the mail yesterday in perfect condition.

I saw Bacara's at the WalMart in Weymouth on Sunday. They also have them at KBs with Mustafar Anakin. You'll pay a little more but you'll proabbly find one, along with ATRT Driver, Obi Wan Pilot and Mustafar Sentry. 500th Vaders are at WalMart in Avon and there was 1 left in Abington.

Master ToNone
08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
found Vader500 about 3 weeks ago at TRU in Danv. It was the last one and partially hidden behind star wars trivial pursuit or chess (one of those type of games).

No hint of crispy anikan wave. I've seen Jett's wave locally.

Indysolo007
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Found the Green Clone 3 Pack at TRU (now I have all 4 sets)

I picked up the Sith Eyes Anakin last night at WalMart. All I need is that black clone pilot! Anyone see it yet?

Scackmgack
08-12-2005, 09:18 AM
All I have seen around here lately have been Zett/Antilles/Utapau Sentry waves and the Target exclusive MM packs. Have yet to lay eyes on any other new figures, and if I don't find an ARC-170 Titanium I'm going to scream. Got all the other ones I wanted.

pmrjulio
08-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Any recent sightings of Bacara and crispy Anakin?

Also looking for 500th Vader.

TRU Holyoke had 2 BD Anakin and 3 Baccaras

Master ToNone
08-19-2005, 08:36 PM
500th vader everywhere

Found clone wars 5 pack with Ventress, Anakin in torn shirt, etc at 2 different targets, and one walmart (north Shore)

Found Bacara randomly hiddne at TRU Danv, but no other sign of that wave.

Today found a titanium series gift pack (both Jedi starfighters, 3 others...sorry no ARC). Also found Star Wars Anakin evolution in the same store! There was another when I left.

Really want to find Obi-Wan starfighter pilot

pmrjulio
08-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Really want to find Obi-Wan starfighter pilot

There's a bunch of the TRU exclusive at both TRU around Springfield (Boston Road, Springfield and Holyoke Mall, Holyoke).
If you can afford the trip, it may be worth it.
The phones are:
Holyoke: 532-8900
Springfield: 543-6555

Indysolo007
08-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I got the Black Clone pilot last weekend.

Last night I got the Sith and Clone Evolutions sets at WalMart in Abington. Right out of the case, this catches me up until the KMart set and the Plo Koon Starfighter come out.

Indysolo007
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I picked up the new TIE at the N Attleboro Target on Saturday also bought that special ops clone a few hours ago.

Scackmgack
09-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Looking for recent news of the Target Exclusive TIE and Special Ops Clonetrooper.

Indysolo007
09-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Since my last post, I've picked up the Temple Assault Battlepack and the Hoth Battlepack.

I also got the last Sandcrawler in Hot Topics nationwide inventory on Tuesday. It was on clearance for $30 and they shipped it in from Texas.

Fwad
09-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Indy your Sandcrawler should have only been $16.49. You can have them price adjust that for you instore.Hot Topic was great about picking up the Sandcrawler from other stores and shipping them to the nearest store. I had mine sent up to NH to save on tax. I picked up a dozen for 118.68 and returned the 2 i paid $70 for from Newbury Comics. I took one out of the box and it seems so small. It looks much better in the box.

Indysolo007
09-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I guess I'll have to call Hot Topic for an adjustment. I had heard some rang up 16 bucks. I hope they'll give me the difference.

Indysolo007
09-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I found the Plo Koon Starfighter yesterday at Target. I called in the AM and they held it for the day. There were 4 left last night at 7:30. I used the dcpi to get it from the back.

zachatack
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Fwad, if you ever want to get rid of one of the Sandcrawlers, let me know LOL. I wished I had known about the Hot Topic deal. Anyone else know where to get a good deal on the Sandcrawler?

Indysolo007
09-29-2005, 08:46 AM
I picked up Bly, Gree, and Neimodian Commander last night at WalMart in Abington. No sign of the others.

Indysolo007
10-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I found Greivous Guard, Wookiee Commando, and Passel Agente this weekend, I just need to find Cat Miin.

Indysolo007
10-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Wow am I the only one finding things here..

Last night I got the Lava Obi Wan and Anakin as well as the new Coruscant Battlepack at the N Attleboro Target. I used the dcpi numbers.

Indysolo007
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
I picked up the Wookiee Heavy Gunner, R4-P17, Holo Plo Koon, and Holo Ayla Secura last night at Target. I also picked up Cat Miin. 11/12 complete. No sign of the 501st.

Scackmgack
10-16-2005, 12:28 AM
I found Bly, Gree, Cat Min and the Wookie Commando a week ago - I skipped Cat Min as she is just a straight-up repaint and the Wookie Commando looked pretty weak, too, so I passed on that, as well. Got enough Wookies already.

I had to get both clones, though.

I think all I am interested in at this point are the Shadow Ops troopers when they come out, and some 501st Legion clone troopers.

I do wish they would come out with some Galactic Marine troopers (Bacara's legion). They look like proto snowtroopers and are cool as hell.

They also need a Commander Neyo fig, as well, to go with the Target Exclusive clones.

Indysolo007
10-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I picked up two Tac Ops Troops at Target on Friday, that finishes off my final 12.

Indysolo007
10-28-2005, 08:48 AM
I got the Holo Emperor and Clone DVD set last night!!!

Indysolo007
11-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Finally got the Shadow Trooper last night. Finally, no more calling Target with DCPI numbers for a while!

Indysolo007
11-07-2005, 08:55 AM
I got the gray clone evolution set at WalMart. Now I have everything but the twin sets

Fwad
11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
It is nice but they messed up the skirt part of the Episode 3 clonetrooper.I was able to glue the skirt back into 1 piece but it makes it hard to turn the waist of the trooper because the skirt is a little too tight now.

Indysolo007
11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
The skirt is supposed to be removable so that you can add the gray belt if you want. But I do agree, there were less messy ways to make that feature.

Scackmgack
11-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Well, seems like Mass. is getting screwed again, or the goddamned scalper activity is at an all time high.

Have yet to see a Tactical Ops trooper. Targets near me don't have Utaupau Shadow Troopers with stock room or floor locations, so looks like I am going to have to be there in the morning on the 20th and hope for the best - and raise all kinds of hell if all their cases are not intact and on the pegs Sunday morning.

I hear all the time how Mass. is particularly bad for Star Wars collecting, and the more time that goes by, the more I believe. I never even saw Shock Troopers.

I hope all scalpers get throat cancer and die.

Indysolo007
11-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow Scack that's kind of harsh...

I actually disagree and think Mass is one of the best for finding Star Wars things. I was working in NJ for almost a year and never found anything on time there. However, I have managed to get everything thats come out here. Ive seen plenty of Tac Ops Troops in fact, the day I bought mytwo I left 3 on the pegs. I managed to get Plo Koons Fighter, Lava Figures, Utapuan Shadw Trooper, and Coruscant Battlepack early using dcpis. Its all about being vigilant, going at the right time, being persistant and calling Target until you wear them down. I have been nice and relaxed for the last few weeks being caught up on everything but the Twins set (which isnt out yet). I really dont think its worth wishing cancer on people over something as trivial as a toy.

Scackmgack
11-26-2005, 11:51 AM
It's worth wishing cancer on people who take stuff out of my hands, and who don't even want it for their own collections, just so they can sell it on Ebay for a profit. They should go get real jobs and make their money that way.

It's the whole "being vigilant" part that is unacceptable - I should not have to be, precisely for the fact that they are "just toys." I have a wife, I have a job, and have other demands on my time, as well. I don't have the ability to troll through stores every day in the morning looking for the figures I need - either Hasblow needs to ship them in large enough quantities to make them un-scalpable (never happens, especially not with the exclusives like Jedi Temple Assault set), or scalpers need to all get cancer and die so that regular guys like me can get what I need.

Scalpers are no better than Enron - they unfairly jack up prices to suit their own needs. They can all burn in Hades.

Master ToNone
11-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I agree with Smack...maybe not cancer, but at least an a bad stomach bug or the bird flu. :whip:

F the fat man and those like him.

I shouldn't have to go to ten stores to find a 501st trooper (still haven't found). Being vigilant is tolerating their BS. I no longer use EBay. :twisted: I just wait and eventually, when more figures come out, I can find the previous wave. :thumbsup:

Indysolo007
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
I found the new twin sets this weekend at WalMart. Finally done with the ROTS collection.

Sometimes things just sell out. Its not always scalpers, it could just be other collectors. I see people on these very boards who buy huge armies of figures and duplicates of others to customize. While I do not condone scalpers by any means and dislike people who rush to ebay, there are ways to get things first. Just call Target and give them dcpis, when I leave for the office in the morning I'll call stores when I know something I need is coming out. They usually hold them, you just have to adapt to beat the scalpers.

Scackmgack
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
I hear ya, but even that is too much. Maybe I am just old, but I cannot let finding a figure take up that much of my time. Besides, when it comes to individual figures there is no dcpi they can check - they can only check collection assortments which doesn't tell you which figures are in the boxes.

If I am not able to get the figures I want just by randomly walking into a store, chances are I am not going to get them, which means my collecting days may be coming to a close in the forseeable future. Not getting the basic figures I need for a collection because either Hasblow has crappy distribution or some jackass is scalping them = not fun.

Indysolo007
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
I picked up Leia, Han, Bib Fortuna, and Boba Fett on Saturday. The only one I couldnt find was Chewie. I got the Vader, Dooku, Rebel soldier, and Amidala holograms.

I also got the 4 EE Clone sets, the holiday jawas, and my exclsuive wedge too.

I placed my order for the Lucas Family set, it was a little expensive but still pretty cool.

Indysolo007
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
I found Chewie Tuesday night! Im done with the first wave of Saga. I passed on Barada because I already have one.

zachatack
01-12-2006, 03:35 PM
They had the entire Carkoon wave at Target in Danvers, and they had at least three of everything. I was surprised, though, to find the Hoth wave. I found Snowtrooper, General Veers and Major Bren Derlin. Those were the only three there. Don't know if they opened one box of them.

Indysolo007
01-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I picked up Veers, Snowtrooper, Derlin, Gonk, and AT AT driver at WalMart. They had the entire wave.

Fwad
02-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Looking for a couple of Sith figures.Bail Organa, Captain Antillies,Padme, Mon Mothma.I never picked these up.Anyone seen these around lately.

Fwad
02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Big Day! The mailman brought all kinds of good stuff today. My early bird figures showed up and Scorch, Orange Clone Trooper, and Sora Bulq came also. Bring on the next wave. I can't wait for Cody and Foul Moudama and the Firespeeder Pilot. For now Cody's clones will have to be led by my Green Clone Commander.

Indysolo007
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I've picked up Sora and Sun Fac so far. Im still looking for the Clone and Scorch. I'll keep searching though!

Scackmgack
03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I think it was two weekends ago, I found a Scorch, Utapau Clone, and Sora Bulq at a local Target. I've been seeing Poggle the Lesser figures warming pegs in Target stores for a little while.

It doesn't seem like they are getting many cases in, though, one or two a week at best.

Fwad
03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Picked up Cody,Holo Ki-Adi,Foul Moudama,Obi-Wan,Fire Speeder Pilot, and Lushros Dofine this morning.

Indysolo007
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Managed to pick up Scorch and 2 Utapuan clones a few weeks ago. Ive been searching like crazy for the coruscany wave with no luck.

Fwad
03-22-2006, 05:36 PM
You'll get them soon.TRU is now getting new stuff also. I wish they would get rid of the choppers and superdeformed crap and ship more basic figures.

Indysolo007
03-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I actually picked them up last night at WalMart in Weymouth! Bring on Tatooine!

Fwad
03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
I could use a month off before they release the next wave.

Scackmgack
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I am finding JACK and SQUAT at the stores around me. They are simply NOT getting in enough product.

****ed off, I am becoming.

Scackmgack
03-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I actually SAW the Fat Man today! I was laughing my *** off. It was the TRU in Danvers. I had been driving around for about an hour already making my run, so I got out of the car a few minutes before 9:00 a.m. when the doors were going to open so I could have a nice stretch, and then I saw the Fat Man get out of his car behind me, and I just chuckled to myself.

I imagined that he hated having that prop cane when I got into the store first. I wonder if he was wondering if I was going after what he was going after and cursing that he couldn't run faster due to the prop. LOL!

Anyway...got my Anakin and Obi-Wan and Lushos Dofine. Somebody beat me to a Firespeeder Pilot and Utaupau Clone at the store where I found them.

I am getting really frickin' tired of this awful case assortments. I still need three more Utaupau clones and lord knows if and when I will ever see Cody.