PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars for our Troops...a Petition

stillakid
04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Just like the title says, please sign the petition that would allow our overseas troops to see ROTS while they are deployed. I'm sure that some of them are in our age bracket and it would be a shame if they had to miss seeing the final Star Wars film on a big screen just because of a war.

http://www.petitiononline.com/swtroops/petition.html

Perhaps a Mod might consider making this petition a Front Page article so that more people could see it?

Slicker
04-05-2005, 03:32 AM
I just signed the petition. I was number 1149 to sign. I don't know what there goal is but I'm sure they'll need alot more to convince George to have a showing for the troops.

CaptainSolo1138
04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
stillakid pushing for people to see a prequel?!?! ;)

I was 1400-something. That'd be neat if this worked out.

stillakid
04-05-2005, 12:15 PM
stillakid pushing for people to see a prequel?!?! ;)

Oh, that very thought crossed my mind a couple times before I posted that. :D

But even a Star Wars Prequel has to be better than a real war. It's all relative. ;)

Rocketboy
04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll sign it, but only if the stateside servicemen (especially those in the Navy) have to wait an extra month before they see it.

;)

Imperial Monarche
04-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I just signed it. My brother was deployed to Iraq in March and will be there until Sept. so that was one of his big concerns that he wouldn't get to see it. However, he was told by one of his commanders that they would get the movie. So, we'll just see. Maybe they will get it before us...

Slicker
04-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll sign it, but only if the stateside servicemen (especially those in the Navy) have to wait an extra month before they see it.;)*cough*Ihopeyoudieapainfuldeath*cough*

sith_killer_99
04-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I was number 1719! :D

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
number 1799 baby.

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 11:15 AM
I signed, but I'm in the witness protection program so I can't tell you my number lest you figure out who I am. :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
04-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Number 2659 to sign :) Hopefully Gl will let the movie be shown to our troops.

stillakid
04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
I signed, but I'm in the witness protection program so I can't tell you my number lest you figure out who I am. :crazed:

John Ashcroft will find you anyway. :sur:

Joshkj
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
I signed it, number 2683! I have a good friend out there who is missing out on all the ROTS stuff :/

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2005, 01:48 PM
2693 here.

Great idea Stilla :)

Bantha274
04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
This is a great idea. Our troops deserve all the support we can give. After all, they may have chosen to join the military, but they didn't choose to be sent to Tatooine, er, I mean Iraq/Afghanistan. It was Emperor Bush, oops again, I mean President Bush who sent so many to die.

I've signed and will suggest others to visit the site and sign as well.
I was #2696.

bigbarada
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I think I was number 2708 or something.

I wholeheartedly support the war in Iraq and think this would be a great way to show the troops serving over there that they are still in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

I was deployed in Bosnia for the entire run of the Special Editions, so I know how frustrating it can be to miss out on an event like this.

stillakid
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I think I was number 2708 or something.

I wholeheartedly support the war in Iraq and think this would be a great way to show the troops serving over there that they are still in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

I was deployed in Bosnia for the entire run of the Special Editions, so I know how frustrating it can be to miss out on an event like this.

Well, if there's any bright side, there are more signatures on the petition than guys and gals who have been slaughtered over there. Maybe W. and his buddies should chip in some of their war-booty to finance the extra prints to send to those who are still left standing. :sur:

bigbarada
04-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, if there's any bright side, there are more signatures on the petition than guys and gals who have been slaughtered over there. Maybe W. and his buddies should chip in some of their war-booty to finance the extra prints to send to those who are still left standing. :sur:

You bring up the bodycount of this war in an effort to criticize our president; but an elementary study of history would reveal that the amazingly low death rate of soldiers in Iraq makes this one of the most successful wars in American history.

stillakid
04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
You bring up the bodycount of this war in an effort to criticize our president; but an elementary study of history would reveal that the amazingly low death rate of soldiers in Iraq makes this one of the most successful wars in American history.

Well, that is something to be proud of isn't it? But I would think that even a single death would be an outrage particularly if the cause was suspect.

Regardless, they are over there and by many accounts, most of them are happy to be. At least maybe they can get to see some Hollywood flicks in between the explosions.

hango fett
04-23-2005, 09:04 PM
no need for a patition any more. it is happening, according to McCallum at CIII.
HF

Kidhuman
04-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Please keep the political arguments to the Rancor Pit. Thanks fellas.

Slicker
04-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm really glad the troops are gonna get to see it and I really hope that they get to see it before everyone else in the States. They have to be away from there families they should be made to feel special by getting it early.