PDA

View Full Version : If I wanted to take them back...

Machina3317
04-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Ok, lets say I went overboard buying figures and wanted to take some back... but I don't have all my receipts anymore. Are there any stores that could give me a refund?

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 01:53 AM
It depends, usualy at Target, and Walmart they'll take them back, so long as you provide ID. Also, if you take it back without the reciept, you might get it as a gift card. I'm not sure about Toys R Us though, you might want to check with each individual store to see what thier individual policy is on returns w/o a reciept.

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Target is a buck cheaper today than they were on Saturday, so if you took 'em back now you'd be losing money. TRU is the reverse, they were $5.29 and may be $5.99 now, but they would only give you the lowest recent sale price. Also, without a receipt they may not take 'em back, their posted return policy lets them decline collectibles without receipts.

Slicker
04-05-2005, 03:27 AM
I know for a fact that WM will take them back without a receipt. Whether or not you'll get cash is a different story. The downside is I believe that they enter all of your personal info in there computer so that you can only do this once.

Sith Lord 0498
04-05-2005, 06:48 AM
I know for a fact that WM will take them back without a receipt. Whether or not you'll get cash is a different story. The downside is I believe that they enter all of your personal info in there computer so that you can only do this once.

I've done it more than once. If memory serves, they take your personal information b/c you can only return items w/o a receipt 3 times in a 3 or 6 month period (something like that). However, you will only get store credit for the returned merchandise, and it must be either unopened or in its original condition.

Target, I believe, will NOT take anything w/o a receipt. If you have a receipt, they are very cooperative and understanding about returns and refunds.

Can't say anything about TRU b/c I'm not familiar w/ their policies.

Machina3317
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided to just focus on the Unleashed figures. I just went a little nuts yesterday and bought every Jedi figure I could get my hands on. I did find almost the entire run of Clone Wars figures at Media Play though, with the exception of Mace Windu, Yoda, Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress. It bugs me, I used to see the CW Mace all the time and then when I actually want him, I can't find him. But to get back on topic, I'll try returning them to Wally World. :)