PDA

View Full Version : No wonder they call us Nerds....

TeeEye7
01-07-2002, 05:41 AM
Tonight, my local news featured a story out of Seattle about four guys in lawn chairs in front of some unnamed cinerama vowing to be the first in line to buy tickets for AOTC.....four months early!

Stunts like this just add fuel to the fire about who true SW fans are. This is a cry for attention (or help), not about being a fan of the movies.

Thoughts?

Rollo Tomassi
01-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Didn't somebody once suggest that these guys were being paid by Lucasfilm to generate buzz for the films?

Round all these yahoos up and put them on a special edition of 'Weakest Link' to see how smart they all are...

DahrJin
01-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Getting paid by Lucas Film is a good assumption, if not, can you say unemployed......too much time on their hands.......:rolleyes:

If not, just how do you convince your boss to let you have 4 1/2 months off to stand in line for movie tickets?

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid fanboy myself, but this is a bit stupid. I might stand in line over night, but never for 5 months.

You say four guys, on the news this morning they said it was only two, maybe the other two realized how NERDY they actualy looked.:D

LTBasker
01-07-2002, 12:10 PM
I'll stay away from the Nerds and stay a Geek and just use the jedi mind trick to get to the front line. :D

Jek Porky 2002
01-07-2002, 03:55 PM
How stupid, there's just no point, they just want publicity, I stood for 4 hours waiting for the Phantom Menace (And was first in line!) and that was still too long.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-07-2002, 05:24 PM
I stood in line the day we could all purchase tickets for about 7 hours with some friends. We actually had a fun time but I will NEVER do that again for a movie. Especially when I found out I could still buy a ticket at the door the day it came out. It was a good time for the moment though.

DahrJin
01-07-2002, 05:36 PM
This is just my opinion, and if these guys want to waste 5 months of time doing something they believe is worth while, more power to 'em................

I read somewhere that they claim to be doing it as a performance/living art type thing, dedicated to the art of waiting for an event. Yeah right... even they need to justify what they are doing to themselves, from the sound of that quote.

Something like this.........

"No..No, I'm not a jobless nerd that has nothing better to do than stand in line for a ticket to a movie that isn't going to be released for 4 1/2 months. It's a proformance art piece I've always wanted to do, titled...WAITING"

Yeah and I bet your Mom's glad to have you out of the basement, for 5 months any way. :rolleyes: :D :crazed:

BTW- the article also stated they were both single.....imagine that!!

GNT
01-08-2002, 03:52 AM
Its only 128 days?They'll probably be killed,rolled etc by the time AOTC comes out,more power to them!

SWAFMAN
01-08-2002, 05:08 PM
It seems to me that hype of this magnitude could be a bad omen - as in: "the quality of a film is inversely proportionate to the outrageousness of its publicity stunts."

I truly hope I'm proved wrong, though.

CaptainSolo1138
01-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Just for the record, I'm a Star Wars GEEK.

DahrJin
01-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Aren't we all in our own little ways?

I am and I'm not ashamed of it, but standing in line to see the movie for 140 days is beyond geekdom if you ask me.:crazed:

Obi-Don
01-08-2002, 07:55 PM
It goes way beyond. I love SW and its a big part of my life but.... 41/2 months is way out there.:stupid: :crazed: