PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Universe Figures (merged thread)

Brave Sir Robin
12-05-2001, 03:46 PM
Hasbro has produced several "Expanded Universe" figures, from the early Shadows of the Empire line to the Heir to the Empire and Dark Forces figs, and now the episode 1 figures based on cthe conceptual art. We want more. Here's my pics:

Guri from SOTE
A Resculpted Prince Xizor w/ soft goods
Dash Rendar w/ swoop bike
Joruus C'baoth
Pretty much everyone from Rogue Squadron
A Mara Jade resculpt that doesn't look like Cilla Black
Darth Vader AS Dr. Frank N. Furter (he he- c'mon, who wouldn't want to see this)

JEDIpartner
12-05-2001, 05:06 PM
Cilla Black...!!! :D

Hahahahahaaaaa!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I wonder how many other readers even KNOW who Cilla Black is! :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
12-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Corran Horn (CorSec)
Corran Horn (Rogue Squadron)
Corran Horn (Jedi knight)
Whistler R2 unit
The Solo kids ( as youngsters)
The Solo kids (as teenagers)
The Solo kids (as Jedi)
Jaina Solo: Rogue Squadron
Guri
Leebo
Lando in Coruscant Armor
Jodo Kast
Kyp Durron (as youth)
Kyp Durron (as Jedi)
Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Talon Kardde
Admiral Daala
Admiral Palleon
Borsk Fey'lya
Ssi Ruuk warrior
Yuzhaan Vong warrior
Noghri warrior
A'Sharrad Hett

and...

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!

Brave Sir Robin
12-08-2001, 01:20 PM
"We got a lorra lorra luvley lads 'ere tonite!"

C'mon, that's who she looks like, isn't it? You could have Mara Jade host Blind Date with Luke, Han, Lando and Leia!

Beast
12-09-2001, 03:21 AM
I want a nice boxed set of figures, based of the original concept drawings for the original Trilogy charecters.

Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, and Obi-Wan. I think it would look great, especially the Droids, Chewbacca, Vader and the Stormie. The concept drawings for them kicked butt. Bring em on Hasbro, in fact...I think tahts what the 25th anniversary sets should have been. Make them 2-packs, like the concept Micromachine sets. 1 normal, 1 concept. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-09-2001, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Made them 2-packs, like the concept Micromachine sets. 1 normal, 1 concept. :)

It would never happen but there is no harm in asking for it though! :)

Beast
12-09-2001, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by GNT
It would never happen but there is no harm in asking for it though! :)

Never know with Hasbro. I never say never again (Bond Quote) when it comes to them. Have seen to many "They will never make those" figures, and such. While its a remote possibility, I never count Hasbro out of the market to make some cash. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 05:45 AM
I wish they would start a new line just for the EU figures.I really would like to get these figures I read so much about.I WOULD BUY THEM ALL!

Sith Worm
12-09-2001, 10:08 AM
I wish they would do A Zhan line with just characters from the HTTE, DFR, LC books.

evenflow
12-11-2001, 01:59 PM
I would love to see another EU line:

1. Guri
2. Kir Kanos
2. Carnor Jax
3. Death Troopers
4. Sish Sadeet
5. Lowbacca
6. Jacen Solo
7. Jaina Solo
8. Anakin Solo
9. Exur Kun
10. Qui-lon Vos
11. Ulic Quel Droma
12. Spero
13. Jorus C. Boath
14. Jodo Kast

and many many more.

Darth Evil
12-12-2001, 02:57 PM
Shouldn't a Zahn EU line include characters from Spector of the Past and Vision of the Future, as well as his trilogy? All I really want (no, need!) is Corran Horn Jedi Knight, but Joruus C'baoth, Pellaon, Daala and possibly Kyp Durron would be nice.

GNT
12-13-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Never know with Hasbro. I never say never again (Bond Quote) when it comes to them. Have seen to many "They will never make those" figures, and such. While its a remote possibility, I never count Hasbro out of the market to make some cash. :)

We'd need a petition for Hasbro do it,it would be the only way :(

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 11:41 AM
I think some EU playsets would be pretty darn cool too. I can't think of any off the top of my head though...

I'm all for a Thrawn line:

New Mara Jade w/ better sculpting
Talon Karrde
Thrawn
Joruus C'Baoth
Noghri (Thrawn's guard and then the main one on the planet)

Darth Evil
12-14-2001, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see to see Pelleon and Rukh (Thrawn's bodyguard) as well as the ones I mentioned.

Rodian Sniper
01-07-2002, 05:46 AM
Dear Hasbro... Seeing how your first Expanded Universe line sold so well...how about another one? There are many charcters from the Star Wars Universe books, games, etc. I would personally like to see figures made from the Younger Jedi Knights series. I mean...who wouldn't love a figure set of the Solo kids and their pals. Please consider releasing more Expanded Universe figures soon. Thank you.
:crazed: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :crazed:

Darth Evil
01-07-2002, 01:57 PM
You obviously haven't looked at my topics in this forum, there is a very mixed reponse to the idea of a new EU line. Personally, I'd love to see a new EU line, containing a Corran Horn figure!

evenflow
01-07-2002, 03:02 PM
I too would love to see another EU line. There are so many characters that i would love to see done. I would love to see Tales from the Jedi, Crimson Empire, remianing Shadows, etc.

Tycho
01-07-2002, 06:10 PM
I'm just adding my voice of support. I've wanted these for a long time.

Obi-Don
01-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Yes! Shout it from the mountain tops. MORE EU FIGURES,PLEASE!:D

InsaneJediGirl
01-12-2002, 09:46 PM
EU Figures would be a great idea.Personally,I would like to see a Deluxe pack for the Skywalker Family(Luke,Mara,&Ben).I would
love to see some Vong too,maybe a vong ship.The bottom line is:

WE WANT EU Figures....Please.

Rollo Tomassi
01-22-2002, 09:22 AM
I would rather see boscure film characters made into figures before EU, but I'd rather see EU figures before I see any more resculpts. And I'd rather see original EU characters before I see movie characters in EU get up like Sith Appretice maul. You definitely could have got me more excited with a Corran Horn figure... In fact I'd rather see a resculpt of an existing character than a core character in an EU outfit. So...

The remaining vintage figures redone. (Madine, Imperial Dignitary etc)

New OT figures (Hem Dazon, Capt. Antilles, etc)

EU figures (Corran Horn, Yuuzhan Vong Warrio, etcr)

Resculpts (Umpteenth Vader, Chewie with removable bandolier, etc)

EU resculpts of core characters (Luke in Vaderesque exo-skeleton, Leia with Mon Calimari party dress)

PloKoon2385
01-26-2002, 09:36 PM
More......LOTS MORE! I NEED EU figures! Lots of EU figures. Gosh Darnit. I just got into the whole EU thing and love it.....mostly Comics. We should start a petition for more. Or someone should make friends with a Hasbro rep.

Rollo Tomassi
01-27-2002, 12:25 PM
I say we start a petition to stop suggesting internet petitions. Internet petitions are lame.

Tycho
01-27-2002, 04:45 PM
I beg to differ:

YakFace.com's petitions helped get us:

1) The Bartender
2) The Desert Skiff

Fan communication has paved the way for a lot of the highlights in collecting over the years:

Tarkin, Wedge, Slave Leia, Duro, Amanaman, Ephont Mon (coming soon), plus more of the varying colors of astrodroids, and lots of other things that Hasbro though of (between resculpts)

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2002, 02:19 PM
I agree Tycho:D

If EU Figs were made,this is how I would like to see them broken up-What did I miss that we want to see?

Corran Horn
Vong Warrior
Cilghal
Wedge (A decent one,this time)

--Wave 2
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Anakin Solo (R.I.P)
Kyp Durron
Vong "Leader"

evenflow
02-07-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I agree Tycho:D

If EU Figs were made,this is how I would like to see them broken up-What did I miss that we want to see?

Corran Horn
Vong Warrior
Cilghal
Wedge (A decent one,this time)

--Wave 2
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Anakin Solo (R.I.P)
Kyp Durron
Vong "Leader"

I agree but would also like to see some others made.

Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Guri
Jodo Kast
Nomi Sunrider
Ulic Quel-Droma
Vima Sunrider
Exar Kun
Death Trooper
SHarad Hett
A'Sharad Hett
Darth Bane
Lowbacca

and many many more.

Beast
02-07-2002, 02:37 PM
I agree also Tycho. Fan feedback and petitions as well as Hasbro's own Fan Choice polls helped get us alot of figures that otherwise probably would never have been done. I think a new EU line is a great idea, infact I think they should have kicked it off this year since it's the 25th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Make some of the above suggested figures, and then make a 25th anniversary deluxe boxed set, with the charecters from A New Hope based off of the original charecter concept artwork. Han, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Orginally posted by evenflow
I agree but would also like to see some others made.

Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Guri
Jodo Kast
Nomi Sunrider
Ulic Quel-Droma
Vima Sunrider
Exar Kun
Death Trooper
SHarad Hett
A'Sharad Hett
Darth Bane
Lowbacca

I would love to see a Nomi Sundrider and Exar Kun.They have always been my favorite EU characters:D

Maybe Hasbro will release some when the AOTC hype dies down.
However,I have a feeling they would only release the NJO characters,and not the others,which would be bad:mad:

El Chuxter
02-07-2002, 03:03 PM
A NJO line might be good, though, for releasing EU Young Jedi Knights. They might be a tad older than in the YJK and JJK series, but who wants a four-year old Anakin Solo?

General Veers
02-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Guri
Jodo Kast
Nomi Sunrider
Ulic Quel-Droma
Vima Sunrider
Exar Kun
Death Trooper
SHarad Hett
A'Sharad Hett
Darth Bane
Lowbacca

I want all of these!:D I mostly wna A'Sharad Hett or his father, Guri, Carnor Jax, Kir Kano, Exar Kun, Darth Bane, and Death Trooper.

billfremore
02-25-2002, 04:37 PM
Being a big fan of the Dark Forces games I would absolutely love to see them release a better Kyle Katarn and a Jan Ors figure to coincide with the new release of Jedi Knight II.

And of course they would have to give us a 3 3/4" scale Moldy Crow.

Easily one of the coolest looking ships ever!:cool:

Tycho
02-25-2002, 05:16 PM
2 things are happening that suggest a positive step towards what we all express interest in here:

1) Aayla Secura's inclusion in Episode 2 by NAME - in the credits played by Amy Allen I believe - could win her and her fellow On-going series friends action figures by as soon as 2003.

Those could include (as the most popular and obvious, and / or / previously mentioned in Jedi Force Files in POTJ figures)

Quinlan Vos
Vilmah Grahrk
A'Sharad Hett
The Dark Woman

Sure there are a lot of others that hold some merit that I'd also like to see - but these 4 are the top of the crop and there's no denying it! [we're discussing the Ongoing Series from Dark Horse Comics for point # 1]

2) Tales of the Jedi is going to become a major video game. Based on Dark Horse Comics' The Sith War (they said it was dated 4,000 before the Battle of Yavin), this project will revitalize interest in the origins of the Sith teachings spreading out through the proper galaxy. It will allow video game players to take on the role of a Jedi Padawan (Vima Sunrider, Cay Qel Droma, Tott Doneeta???) and interact with such characters (likely) such as Master Arca Jeth, Master Thon, Master Vodo Siossk Baas, and Jedi Nomi Sunrider, Sylvar etc. and fight the Dark Lords of the Sith such as Exar Kun, Aleema, and confront Ulic Qel Droma - perhaps before and after his fall to the Dark Side. And don't forget about Ulic's power not only lying in the Dark Side of the Force, but also with the full might of the Mandalorian Warriors enslaved to the Sith!

Or maybe better yet, you can play Ulic Qel Droma and choose the Light Side, or the Dark.

This project will be available on 2 game consoles and in PC format. I believe it is interactive role-play with some fast action sets for lightsaber duels and Force-Battles.

It will also renew interest in the comics and action figures could just flow from this series as a whole wave in iself.

When I was doing Rogue's Gallery, fan polling on 5 major websites strongly supported Tales of the Jedi figures especially as related to the events surrounding The Sith War.

Ulic, Nomi, and Exar were instant action figures with an average of 90% of the fans who were voting in support of them.

A total of 16 figures from this series won over at least 70% of the vote (each poll received between 600 and 1,000 votes on it - and we had pictures of the characters). If I can recall, they were:

1) Ulic Qel Droma as a Jedi
2) Dark Lord Ulic
3) Ulic from Redemption (fallen Sith)
2) Exar Kun
3) Nomi Sunrider
4) Nomi from Redemption (Jedi Master)
5) Sylvar (Cathar Jedi)
6) Tott Doneeta (Twi'lek Jedi)
7) Vima Sunrider (as Jedi Apprentice)
8) Aleema (as Sith Sorceress)
9) Mandalore (Mandalorian Commander)
10) Cay Qel Droma (Jedi with Cyborg arm)

I'm temporarily stumped as to which the others were. My friend and I who worked with me on these polls for Rogue's Gallery had included everything a diorama builder could want, right down to the Tetan Soldiers and Sith Demon Droids, regular Mandalorian Warriors, and even a ghost of Master Arca figure. We did vehicles and beast assortment toys in the poll, too.

Two polls from The Great Hyperspace Wars toy suggestion lists preceeded it, and a poll for figures from the Jedi Apprentice book series followed it. But Tales of the Jedi had the strongest showing.

In any case, with Aayla being in the movie and a video game strongly rumored to be about The Sith War forthcoming late this year, figures from the Ongoing Series and Tales of the Jedi seem real possible.

If that comes true, my next hope would be new additions to the Heir to the Empire Collection, a huge show of figures supporting New Jedi Order while the books are hot, and some assorted figures from Crimson Empire starring Kir Kanos, the Royal Guardsman.

PloKoon2385
02-25-2002, 05:30 PM
What else can be said besides that we NEED another EU line. Half (or more) of Star Wars is EU. So, we need to see another line now. Thanks, Hasbro, I know you will do the right thing.:D

sith_killer_99
02-25-2002, 05:59 PM
HASBRO made a Desert Skiff?!?!:eek: :rolleyes:

LTBasker
02-25-2002, 06:28 PM
I think you're all forgetting the BEST EU of all time!!!!!!!!

Kyle Katarn
Jan Ors
Sariss
Jerec
Maw
etc. :D I wanna see all the Dark Forces 2 and 3 characters, we got Dark Forces Kyle (even if it was more Dark Forces 2, especially with the rail detonator) and Trooper but we need the rest of them. Mwhahaha. :D

SNAYSON
02-26-2002, 09:44 AM
I'm adding my voice for Hasbro to make a new set of EU figures. Hasbro can produce so many characters from the novels, comics and video games. Here is a sample of what characters i would like seen made into figures:

Talon Karrade
Admiral Daala
COUNCILER BORSK FEY'LYA
Noghri
Bevel Lemelisk
Admiral Pellaeon
Winter
Moff Disra
Dolph as Brakiss
etc...

the list can definitly go long.

anyway that is my two cents.

HEY everyone on the forum, what characters do you want to see. i will post a list of characters i want to see from the novels, comics and video games.

snay

Tycho
02-26-2002, 02:11 PM
SNAYSON: good list!

I can personally really use several of these with customs or dioramas I aleady have made or plan to:

Captain /or/ Admiral Palleon is on the top of my list! So necessary!

Noghri

Talon Karrde

Borssk Fey'la!

and Winter.

Moff Disra could be cool, with a new Royal Guard figure and Thrawn (as Flim), the triumvate would be complete! But the first 5 are the highest priority!

(but I was glad to see you remember Disra!)

Darth Evil
02-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Pellaeon is a must, my Thrawn's getting lonely! But SNAYSON and Tycho, you both forgot Tierce, if we got Disra and Flim, we'd need him! C'baoth is also on my want list along with Rukh and another, generic Noghri.

evenflow
02-26-2002, 03:22 PM
I wish Habro would at least give us an answer if that it is a possibility or if another EU line is out of the question. I think that that should, but i'd like to get a straight answer instead of hoping and wondering.

El Chuxter
02-26-2002, 03:46 PM
I thought the "concept" figures and Snowbi-Wan might be a positive sign, but I don't know of any news since then, unless you count Zutton as a Holiday Special figure. :(

Beast
02-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I thought the "concept" figures and Snowbi-Wan might be a positive sign, but I don't know of any news since then, unless you count Zutton as a Holiday Special figure. :(
I'm sure we will get some more EU figures, but I don't think it will be this year. This year is pretty much set being primary AOTC's stuff, as well as a few classic, and especially ANH 25th Anniversary stuff salted in. Infact I'm really suprised that of the classic stuff we have seen so far, only one of them Djas Puhr, is an ANH figure. Hopefully Hasbro has a few more ANH suprises instore for us. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jw_bryant
02-26-2002, 04:11 PM
D'HarHan. if anyone know what im talking about, do you know where theres a pic?

Tycho
02-26-2002, 04:39 PM
He's Fett's hired (or black-mailed) friend from The Madalorian Armor, Slave-Ship, and Hard Merchandise. I've never seen a picture though. Would be pretty interesting.... Gun on a body for a head, mostly Cyborg. Pretty cool concept with all his hoses, etc. Reminds me of a Transformer crossed with a Borg.

Meanwhile, while I want Cantina Aliens, I was a little miffed the other year as ANH took more precedent than ESB or ROTJ. It's been like that for a while now, and I think there should be a balance between the Classic movies in the figure line-ups.

This year I'd still like to see 9 more figures they could have room for in a Christmas assortment that hails from the older films:

from ANH: Hem Dazon and General Jan Dadonna.

From ESB - Recovery Room Leia, Smuggler Lando.

From ROTJ: J'Quille, random Gray Uniform Imperial Officer from the Battle of Endor.

and from TPM: Even Piel, Dauldry Dofine, and Dud Bolt.

This would make it a well-balanced year during a movie promotion, IMO.

SNAYSON
02-28-2002, 03:15 PM
I agree with you Tycho

those are good characters yet unproduced. It would be nice to see them released during x-mas or earlier, but with EP2 coming out, we will be seeing a wave of different Obi Wan's and Anakin figures. Will we see any classic and EU figures this 2002 year?

i hope so.

snay :D

i predict they make a total of 8 different Obi Wan figures this year.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
I agree with you Tycho
those are good characters yet unproduced. It would be nice to see them released during x-mas or earlier, but with EP2 coming out, we will be seeing a wave of different Obi Wan's and Anakin figures. Will we see any classic and EU figures this 2002 year?
i hope so. snay :D i predict they make a total of 8 different Obi Wan figures this year.
Yes, nice choices Tycho. Do those, and don't forget Hermi Odle. :) Bring them on Hasbro, please. :D Yes there are some classic figures coming this year, SNAYSON.

Luke Skywalker: Bespin Duel
Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
Djas Puhr (Cantina Alien)
Ephant Mon
Han Solo: Endor
Chewbacca: Bespin Escape w/ C-3PO
Endor Rebel Soldier (w/ varient heads)

There will probably be a few more, as there are 12 figures we arn't sure of what they will be this year. As for there being 8 different Obi-Wan's, so far it's only 3. Obi-Wan: Corsurant Chase and Obi-Wan: Pilot and Deluxe Obi-Wan. So, don't worry about there being 8 of them, though so far we are getting 4 Jango's. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
02-28-2002, 03:48 PM
EU, I don't know about.

But Classic, Yes:

ANH: (Cantina) Bo Shek
(Cantina) Djes Puhr
(Astromech) R4-M9

ESB: Luke Skywalker as Rogue 1 (Hoth Driving School Drop-out)
Dak Ralter as Dead Meat (Hoth Roadkill assortment)
Darth Vader (Bespin - 'shouldering' need for Accederin))
Luke Skywalker (Bespin version Medicare Applicant)
Chewbacca w. C-3PO (Bespin -Droid Repair Vocational School)
R3-T7 (though a Geonosis Figure, it is similar to Echo Base droids - so it sort of counts...)

TIE Pilot (re-pack maybe, but...eh - whatever. The Bomber is sweet!)

ROTJ: Teebo (Ewok)
Paploo (Ewok - does an inaccurate sculpt count?)
Han Solo (Shield Generator hero searches for his coat)
Endor Trooper #1 (Rebel Soldier)
Endor Trooper #2 (Rebel Soldier)
Emperor's Royal Guard (technically Chancellor's Guard - but same thing, as they are Palpatine's elite guards)

Ephont Mon (Jabba's Palace)

So that's what? About 17 figures they could be counting. Overall, they are all exciting, though a few of the best ones are only seeing production because they are also E2 characters. But like I said, Hasbro could spice things up a little more by adding the figures I listed in my previous post above. That would go a long way to making us all happier with the Classic offerings I think.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Cute nicknames Tycho, looks like you have a little to much time on your hands. :D But then again, so do I. I think that the Han Solo: Endor figure will come with a cloth duster, but it just wasn't ready for to be displayed at Toy Fair. Otherwise looks ok for Classic this year, better then in 1999 when we saw almost no classic stuff at all. Hopefully those rumored Cantina 2-packs end up a reality, and then next year they give us some Jabba's Palace 2-packs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
02-28-2002, 06:37 PM
LOL - "I" have too much time on my hands? JarJar, you registered when I did and have posted over 300 more replies or threads than I have ; )

Sometimes, I try and think if I'm contributing to the discussion or not - or if I can let someone else post common knowledge. This time, I wanted to vent about some resculpts in my own subtle way, because I could take out about 5 of the Classic figures above that I don't really think we need right now, and replace them with up to 9 more Classic figures we'd rather have (because they've never been made before).

But all things considered, my previous post was really unnecessary, because anyone who looked at the Toy Fair pics could identify the figures I listed, and see connections between the Chancellor's Guardsmen and ROTJ, and other examples anyway. Like I said. I chose to vent a little, but not be too negative. But I also want to give other people the chance to participate, especially if they are shy, and they too suddenly remember that this year we're getting our first figure of Dak Ralter or another character they like that they came here to talk about. Anyway, I said more than my 2 cents worth in this thread and will try harder to keep quiet unless I can really contribute or add support or an alternative point of view to something I read here.

I might remind everyone here though that this thread was started to talk about who wants more Expanded Universe figures. I can tell by the response concerning Classics, that the good work Hasbro has done with the older movie line recently for POTJ has encouraged a lot of support for more - from me too! But that does not discount the fact that people who come here might want

Odan-Urr
Darth Zannah
Darsha Assant
Ros Lai
young Wilhuff Tarkin
Siri as a Jedi Bounty Hunter
Bria Tharen
Garis Shrike
Fynn Torve
Shada D'kal
Jem
Gantorris
Nil Spar
Tahiri Veila
Shaedo-Shai
Valin Horn

and though some of these are a few of the most obscure characters from my favorite stories, I might stump a few of you on who they are, and where they came from. That should make an interesting addition to the discussion. Any takers on these figures?

InsaneJediGirl
03-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Yeah,I would take these figures.Gantorris,Darsha Assant,Tahiri,
Valin,and Odun-Urr I would all get,because they are great EU
characters.It would be cool to have a Blood Carver with Jet pack
like in Rogue Planet.

dr_evazan22
03-01-2002, 11:47 AM
I just went thru and read all the posts.

I agree w/ about 99% of the figure suggestions that have been made; the only concern I have would be for Tallon Karde being sculpted the way he looked in the comic adaptions of the novels. IMO, I thought he could have been better drawn. He looked stereotypically, like a pirate, w/ the beard and mustache the way it was drawn.

I read Tycho's post about the possible video game, and mention of the Jedi Master's (from "Tales").... Did anyone suggest they get made into fig's? 'Cause they would look great, along w/ the rest of the Jedi Council from TPM. It would be cool if all the TPM masters came w/ chairs just like Yoda did.

Another EU character to make would be Baron Fel(from RS comic), maybe Jag Fel, and all the rest of the Rogue's!

SNAYSON
03-01-2002, 12:02 PM
tycho

i am in favor for all those characters right out of the novels and comics hoping to be made as figures. To all who have not read any of the books or comics, there is a untapped "goldmine" of characters that can be made into figures. Just the Timothy Zahn novels contain ALOT of characters that would be popular!

Examples like:

Talon Karrade
Captian/Admiral Pellaeon
The Chiss
Admiral Voss Parck
General Baron Soontir Fel
Shada Diukal
Karoly D'ulin
any of the Noghri
Booster Terrik
Major Grodin Tierce
Moff Disra
Flim as Grand Admiral Thrawn
Borsk Fey'lya
Captain Zothip
captain's Trazzen, Nalgol, Doja, Argna
Crev Bombaasa
Dimala senator
Ishori senator
Qom Qae / Qom Jha
Winter

from Kevin J Andersons novels:
Tol Sivron
Durga the Hutt
"general" Sulamar
Admiral Daala
Kyp Durron
Dorsk 81
Qwi Xux
Bevel Lemelisk
Commander Kratas
any of the imperial warlords
Colonel Cronus

other characters:
the Solo children
Sedriss
Xecr Nist
Krdys Mordi
Arden Lyn
Dolph as Kueller
Kid Dxo'ln
Sinewy Ana Blue
Wynni the Wookiee
Brakiss
Femon
M'yet Luure
Exar Kun
Cole Fardreamer
C-3P0 painted purple
Nandreeson
Isner
All variants of Ulic & Cay Qel-Droma
Naomi Sunrider
Freedon Nadd
Aleema
Mandlore
Massassi Warriors
Governor Bin Essada
Captain-Supervisor Grammel
Luke & Liea in Circarpos V outfit
Yuzzem
Carnor Jax
Kir Kanos
Blim
Zaddja
Guri
Jix
Admiral Mir Tork
Cheif Scientist Dr Leonis Murthe
Ysanne Isard

etc, etc, etc ...

the wish list can go very long.

anywaythe is a few the i really would like to see, hope some EU characters from the novels and comics come out as figures!

snay:D

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
HASBRO made a Desert Skiff?!?!:eek: :rolleyes:

Exactly Sk99.;)

Perhaps Hasbro is unwilling to kick out some EU figures because of the insanely long lists of obscure characters in this thread. Valin Horn? We are having trouble getting Hasbro to make Colton Antilles and Hem Dazon and you want 12 year old sons of EU characters? I'd try to reach a consensus of about 12 figures to be made and then start ramming THAT list down Hasbro's throat. And just remeber, for every Borsk Feyl'ya and Admiral Palleon figure you convince them to make, that's a Crix Madine and Cloud Car Pilot your NOT getting.

So here's my list of 12:

1. Corran Horn (CorSec uniform)
2. Corran Horn (green Rogue Sqaudron jumpsuit)
3. Corran Horn (Jedi Knight)
4. Borsk Fey'lya
5. Leebo
6. Noghri
7. Yuuzhan Vong warrior
8. Palleon
9. Talon Karrde
10. Guri
11. Kyp Durron
12. TEEK!

If you guys want to narrow down your lists into some kind of general consensus (Sinewy Ana Blue? Qom Qae? honestly...) and AFTER those miraculously get made, THEN you can start in on the next batch. Just remember, you guys are in the minority. For every fan clamoring for EU, there's 15 clamoring for movie characters.

SNAYSON
03-01-2002, 01:02 PM
rollo

I very AWARE fans wishing for EU figures is the minority but sometimes ya just make a list of stuff ya hope to see. I'm just voicing out my opinion. To narrow down my list to 12, hear it is:

Talon Karrade
Pellaeon
Daala
Corran Horn
Borsk Fey'lya
Baron Soonir Fel
Kyp Durron
Exar Kun
Ulic Qel-Droma
Kir Kanos
Moff Disra
Major Grodin Tierce

If Hasbro ever asked fans for a poll of 10 or 12 EU characters to make as a wave, this is what i would submit.
When is that damb cloud car pilot coming out?!?!?!?!? Does anyone know if Hasbro is going to make the Tonnika sisters? I know the actresses who played the Tonnika sisters had some dispute about that.

happy collecting...

snay

:crazed: :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
03-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Here are the 12 I'd like to see

-Corran Horn(Jedi Knight)
-Talon Karrade
-Nomi Sunrider
-Ulic Qel-Droma
-Kyp Durron
-Exar Kun
-Noghri
-Vong Warrior
-Daala
-Mara Jade(Jedi Master)
-Borsk Fey'lya
-Freedon Nadd

Jargo
03-02-2002, 09:11 PM
I don't like the EU. But I make exeptions for two characters I like from the star wars tales comics I've bought. Vilmah Grahrk Or 'Villie' as I prefer to type and that girl who got burned in the thrusters of her partners ship and now wanders around on a repulsor sled and has droids for mates. can't think of her name but she's really cool. Back talking to the Emperor was really sly. She'd be great on her sled with a couple of the small droids as pack-ins. Villie should just come as he is. he's a big guy and all he need is a decent array of weaponry.

But If they finaly put out a Teek I'd buy him. So that's three exeptions - not two..... :rolleyes: :D

All those others you mentioned I have no clue about and I certainly wouldn't want the Solo family as figures. it'd be too sugary sweet for me. Like having action figures of the Arnold family from the wonder years or something.

No Villie, that chick on her sled and Teek. That'd do me for EU characters thank you very much Hasbro.

Tycho
03-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Jargo, Villie is also my favorite prequel EU character! You can follow most of his adventures in the On-going Series where Villie is a regular cast character, teamed up with the darkness-festering Jedi Quinlan Vos - an equally cool character who teeters on the Dark Side and has trained a padawan, a female Twi'lek Jedi named Aayla Secura (who was picked by George Lucas to be cast for in Episode 2, and is now known to be played by Amy Allen).

Villie is in the "Twilight" and "Darkness" story arcs of the On-going series because sometimes even a Jedi Master needs the services of a hot pilot and a mercenary-for-hire. (But count on Villie to play on both sides of course!)

I have reasonably good information that Villie will be returning in at least 2 more story-arcs that have been planned for the On-Going series.

He would make an awesome action figure, and in an EU casting-call post I responded to, I recommended Gary Busey (The Firm, Point Break) should play him if it ever got to be a speaking part. In the make-up, with his square jaw and body type, as well as his ability to character-act on the wild-side, Mr. Busey would make an awesome Villie!

Jargo
03-02-2002, 11:08 PM
Ah, so he's prequel era eh? I really haven't that much of an inteest in the eras so that's why I made him my choice for a EU show on TV in the general section. I had him pegged as classic era myself but whatever... I don't know about Mr. Busey. haven't seen that much of him to be able to argue a case for or against him. Most of the actors I know are of course British. So my choice was Sean Bean. Most recently seen as Legolas(sp?) I think in LOTR.

But Villie would be an excellent action figure and fit right into the cantina or Jabba's palace. Devaronians are cool.

but what's the name of the girl with the burnt body and the repulsor sled and the droids for servants and friends? She's an ace miss fixit too. Can't remember for love nor money what she's called. :confused:

Tycho
03-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Malla - after Chewbacca's wife, Mallatabuck (Malla, too)

stillakid
03-02-2002, 11:46 PM
I think that BENDEMS should make them so Hasbro has more time to deal with getting the regular line finished.;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-03-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by the magnificent Jargo
Most of the actors I know are of course British. So my choice was Sean Bean. Most recently seen as Legolas(sp?) I think in LOTR.

Mr. Bean (no relation) played Boromir. Orlando Bloom, a peachy actor in his own right, played Legolas.

Jargo
03-03-2002, 07:39 AM
Legolas, Boromir... what's the difference? ;) :p

Orlando Bloom is the young guy right? British too? I think I just saw him on TV being interviewd. Seems kinda spunky if it's the same guy.

I had a rethink and don't think Mr. bean could pull off the humour involved in playing Villie. Not that this is for this thread but since we're digressing...

Mala Mala was the name I was looking for on the girl. Yeh, cool character. :)

DarkArtist
03-04-2002, 07:33 PM
I agree, the folowing figures should be made>

DARK FORCES II: JEDI KNIGHT

Kyle Katarn (Light Side Jedi)
Kyle Katarn (Dark Side Jedi)
Jerec
Maw( with removable torso)
Sariss
Yun
Bock the Crude
Gorc and Pic
Jan Ors
Rahn

Maybe even a Moldy Crow with exclusive pilot versions of Kyle and Jan.

I am working on a custom figure assortment aas well as the Moldy Crow but would love it Hasbro made these figures. Besides the series is extremely popular. With the new game coming soon Hasbro would be foolish not to make these figures.

We should all work on Hasbro, let them know what the fans want. Shout it Out We want EU Figures.

SNAYSON
05-06-2002, 10:11 AM
EU figures: you like it or you don't. Me, i like the EU figures. I'm in favor for Hasbro in making EU figures and would buy it! I know for others they don't care for them but hey, that's your opinion. At least collectors have a choice.

:crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
05-06-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm with you on this SNAYSON.Expanded Universe figures from the New Jedi Order and Tales of the Jedi/Sith would be great.I'm not talking about a lot of figures,about 12 or so.Mainly core characters like Corran Horn,Noami Sunrider,Daala,Vong,etc.

QLD
05-06-2002, 10:53 AM
YES!!!!! I MUST have more expanded universe figures. There are so many I'd rather buy than another background character from the Cantina.

Taichi
05-06-2002, 03:32 PM
I agree, but Hasbro does not.....

EU figures don't generally sell well.....

The POTJ EU figures were an exception.......but not the rule.....

although I wouldn't say no to Corran Horn, or any other NJO figure for that matter.....

RooJay
05-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Actually Taichi, according to all the reports I heard, the original line of EU figures was an instant sell-out, which is why I was so shocked that the line was not continued!

I would also LOVE to see more EU figures, but I think they should be produced as a separate line (like the original releases) in addition to the Saga line and not in place of more Saga figures! I'm dying for some New Jedi Order figures! There would be TONS of Jedi in a line based on these books, plenty of versions of major characters, and LOTS of cool looking, alien Yuuzhan Vong figures (the kids LOVE aliens!); ALL of which are types of figures that make up the top sellers of previous (and current) Star Wars lines, if I'm not mistaken! This line smacks of profit potential (I see shades of G.I.Joe vs. Cobra here! Coupled with the proven money making potential of the Star Wars license, you can't go wrong!), and might bring new collectors and fans to the line; I think a lot of fans of monster and alien toys would appreciate the style and designs of the Yuuzhan Vong characters, and the line would have plenty of play value, I think! In fact, I think there's tons of potential to be found throughout the Expanded Universe (tie-in's with new video games anyone?), both for bringing in new buyers, and for extending the life of the Star Wars line long after Ep. 3 is released! Why not consider this (PROVEN license and moneymaker) instead of the next generic, or even unproven liscensed toy line Hasbro?

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 12:12 AM
IF hasbro had asked you (the collector) for five possible EU figures and/or vehicles to make, what would it be?

remeber, only five and no more, so chose wisely!
:crazed:

wishful thinking but there is hope.:crazed:

1. bothan
2. captain or admiral pellaeon
3. noghri
4. any version of corran horn
5. talon kattde

as for Hasbro's fan choice vote, i thought the conceptual design of the stormtrooper would be a nice choice for a figure. looked real cool and besides, the Imperial dignitary and General Reeken will eventually become figures anyway.

kevfett
05-07-2002, 12:36 AM
I love EU figures. Grand admiral Thrawn is actually my favorite SW fig. I think ther could be a market for EU figures if Hasbro would distribute them like DC Direct does. I know I have said this before but I will keep sayning that until Hasbro catches on. For those of you that aren't familiar with DC Direct here isa quick rundown of how they put their figures out. They solicit them through Previews (Think Comic Shops) roughly 6 months in advance. You can preorder them through a local comic shop, so you are guarenteed a figure when it comes out. Six months later you have a wicked cool figure. The figures are made to order so there is usually no overproduction involved. The only drawback is they run a little more expensive. Usuallly $15 or so. I think Hasbro could easily do this through the FanClub and Previews. If it works, they could move on to vehicles. Anyway that is mt 2-cents on that. Now my top 5 figs.

1. Quinlan Vos
2. Talon Kardde
3. Admiral Daala
4. Gavin Darklighter
5. Baby Jar Jar

Okay just kidding I would round it out with Corran Horn

RooJay
05-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Alright! If I had to pick JUST five:

1- Corran Horn Jedi Knight
2- Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster Tsavong Lah
3- a Noghri 2-pack (based on the way cool Edvin Biukovic and Gary Erskine comic versions hopefully!)
4- a new, MORE ACCURATE Grand Admiral Thrawn
5- Anakin Solo Jedi Knight

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 10:12 AM
I'm not into EU so I can't name a top five listbut that doesn't mean that wouldn't any fdigs from it!
personaly I love the EU figs , but they shouldn't replace, like for example some cantina background figs but instead like mentioned above make a separist line for them
according to several seen customs I would love to see a Vong figure and some cool jedi's
this would also be a great chance to finally make a darth bane figure!

InsaneJediGirl
05-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Here my pick for the top 5

-Exar Kun : Sith Master

-Noami Sunrider Jedi Knight

-Vong Warrior

-Anakin Solo Jedi Knight

-Corran Horn(any verison)

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Here my pick for the top 5

-Exar Kun : Sith Master

-Noami Sunrider Jedi Knight

-Vong Warrior

-Anakin Solo Jedi Knight

-Corran Horn(any verison)

i'd like to see an exar kun: sith master figure.

RooJay
05-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Hell yeah! I want to see an Exar Kun figure AND a spirit of Exar Kun figure!

MikeAndTheBots
05-07-2002, 06:23 PM
5 EU figures? Ok here we go....
1. A new Kyle Katarn figure with a lightsaber, like in Jedi Outcast.
2. A new, better Mara Jade.
3. A new, better Grand Admiral Thrawn.
4. A bothan of some sort (they were mentioned in ROTJ but i guess its still EU since we never officially saw one (to my knowledge))
5. A TIE Defender.

JediIan
05-07-2002, 07:42 PM
personally things i want most are from the X-Wing books, new sculpted rebel pilots similar to porking in a way, Ourl Quryg, Newara Ven, Riv Shiel etc, i know they are all popular customs but i want the real thing. Corran X-Wing would be cool too, Whistler, Mynock Tycho, and even Curitain and yep, Isonne

dont get me wrong, i want Jedi's and such too, a Kyp Duron, Dorsk 81, and so forth would be cool, a Sun Crush vehicle would rock my world. How about a PHANTOM TIE from Rebel Assault 2??? thatd be pretty sweet.

Exar Kun would be cool, i want to see a fig just to see how his lightsaber is interpreted, its a bit hazy in the jedi acadamy trilogy.

those are my thoughts

--------------------------

"Red 10 standing by." - Red 10

InsaneJediGirl
05-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
5 EU figures? Ok here we go....
1. A new Kyle Katarn figure with a lightsaber, like in Jedi Outcast.
2. A new, better Mara Jade.
3. A new, better Grand Admiral Thrawn.
4. A bothan of some sort (they were mentioned in ROTJ but i guess its still EU since we never officially saw one (to my knowledge))
5. A TIE Defender.

I'm with you on the Mara Jade figure Mike.Mara is not manly in the comic books,why must she be in 3D?The figure reminds me of my Steriod-POTF2 Leia

RooJay
05-07-2002, 08:03 PM
How is his lightsaber interpretted in those books? I've always thought (actually I've seen it in the comics where it was created. Yes, Exar Kun was created for, and originally appeared in the comics! Tales of the Jedi from Dark Horse to be exact.) that it was just a double-bladed lightsaber that comes apart in the middle. How is it described in the books?

JediIan
05-07-2002, 08:46 PM
ITs a bit on the confusing side, thats somewhat how i imagined it, except when it comes apart in jedi acadamy trilogy and Young Jedi Knights it almost seems as though they can go to any length at will and easily like on the fly, also when they are taken apart, they can ignite from both ends. like 2 double blades

RooJay
05-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Well THAT certainly is different than in the comics! Maybe since he was just a spirit by that point, and I'm assuming didn't wield an actual physical lightsaber, it was perhaps just a manifestation of his Dark Side power.

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Who has the crusie missle trooper? Here's the question:

DO you think it's a EU?

well, my answer is yes, unless someone can prove me wrong.

Poeple, what do you think. let's get some answers here.

stillakid
05-15-2002, 02:23 PM
I don't mind EU figures at all, but not if they will be made at the expense of not doing movie guys. We still have a Cantina and Jabba's Palace to fill, not to mention all the Podracers.

stillakid
05-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Who has the crusie missle trooper? Here's the question:

DO you think it's a EU?

well, my answer is yes, unless someone can prove me wrong.

Poeple, what do you think. let's get some answers here.

I have it...two of them actually. Definitely an EU item. It's not even a real figure to be technical about it. It's interesting and cool even, but we could have done without it if Hasbro would have put their energies into other needed vehicles, playsets, or figures.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 02:49 PM
How hard and how much extra would it have cost to add arms and legs to the cruise missile trooper and make him removable? As it is, he is the all time worst Star Wars figure. A crappy EU parapalegic stuck to a crappy EU vehicle.

Darth Evil
05-15-2002, 03:02 PM
I'd love to see a new EU line, I've been asking here for months!
1) Corran Horn Jedi Knight
2) Captain Pelleaon
3) Exar Kun
4) Kyp Durron
5) Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

stillakid
05-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
I'd love to see a new EU line, I've been asking here for months!
1) Corran Horn Jedi Knight
2) Captain Pelleaon
3) Exar Kun
4) Kyp Durron
5) Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

I'd probably sum up Hasbro's unofficial answer to that like this:

hypothetical reply from Hasbro

who?

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 03:29 PM
I personally think the cruise missle trooper ok. the ship layout looks cool but could have been much better. the figure inside the ship sucks! they could have added legs to the figure! It already has arms, head and torso, how hard was it to have the figure with legs and removable from the ship?

i'm going to disassemble one to see if legs can be added on to the torso and see how much room for a full figure. Has anyone done this yet? If so, any pics to show?

Crusie missle trooper: definitly EU!

oh, people, keep posting your list of FIVE most wanted EU figures! Please, don't list any movie characters, list them in the Saga Forums!

RooJay
05-15-2002, 04:02 PM
:confused: ?!!

evenflow
05-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I wish that Hasbro would continue with the EU line. It would rock if they finished the Shadows line, and then continued from there with other storylines. I think that they should really consider restarting this up. I would even bet that if they had picked a better EU character for the fan choice poll, he could have been the winner.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 10:54 PM
The only thing I would want is a Corran Horn figure.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 10:56 PM
There's an awful lot of Expanded Universe threads floating around. Perhaps somebody could combine them...

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I wish that Hasbro would continue with the EU line. It would rock if they finished the Shadows line, and then continued from there with other storylines. I think that they should really consider restarting this up. I would even bet that if they had picked a better EU character for the fan choice poll, he could have been the winner.

yeah, someone like Talon Karrde

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 05:06 AM

yeah, someone like Talon Karrde

or somebody like Corran Horn!

The only question is which Corran Horn figure to produce...

Corran Horn in Corsec Uniform?
Corran Horn in Rogue Squadron Flightsuit?
Corran Horn as Jedi Keiran Halcyon?
Corran Horn venerable Jedi Knight?

And you can't make a Corran figure without having a "Whistler" astromech to go with it...

So it's settled. Hasbro will make a Corran Horn collection and after that all this EU nonsense will go away.

SNAYSON
05-16-2002, 09:30 AM
EU will never go away!

People, face it! EU Figures may be extremly limited but EU will not go away! You gotta get rid of the novels and the comics and the games to get rid of EU! So like it or not, buy it or not, EU is here to stay and to keep star wars alive after the movies are done!

ha ha to all the close minded !!!!

MichaelV103
05-16-2002, 01:58 PM
If they do decide to make another EU line, these are great suggestions, but one improtant group is being left out. What about the Yuuzhan Vong, they have been the villans in the books for over a year now and they killed Chewie, that alone makes them deserving of figures.

Darth Sidious
05-17-2002, 06:55 AM
I would like all 3 stages of Dark Troopers, and a HUGE ship-The World Devastator. It could be $130 or so...And could someone please tell me what "Soft goods" means? I have seen it a lot, and dont know what it means...

Tycho
05-17-2002, 07:10 AM
Cloth used on an action figure's production. It is most often used in reference to the last Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, and Qui-Gon Jinn released on the red Episode One packaging.

It was done so the characters could sit down properly in the toys.

Adding accessory cloaks to the soft good Jedi, could help you accurately recreate their escape from Naboo since they should be seated in the Royal Starship at some point.

Some collectors like these, and some do not. Generally, diorama builders who want to seat their action figures in ships for certain scenes, plus those playing with their toys, like the soft goods figures. A new Obi-Wan from AOTC is a softgoods figure forthcoming. He will better fit in the Jedi Starfighter.

DarkArtist
05-18-2002, 10:04 PM
With allof the various books, games comics etc Hasbro should have no reason but to make EU figures a reality. It seems clear to me that Hasbro needs people like us to give them the push in the right direction.
I know there are various people within these forums who agrre that EU should continue and there are those who believe the figures of characters from the movies should be completed before any more Eu figures are made.
Some of the sources for future figures I would like to see would include the following:

Shadows of the Empire
Splinter of the MInd's Eye
Star Wars Infinities
Dark Forces
Dark Forces II : Jedi Knight
Mysteries of the Sith
Jedi Outcast
New Jedi Order
Masters of Teri Ka
Tales of the Jedi

I too want to see some of the movie characters finished as well but it is becoming more an more difficult to find the newer characters anywhere. It's almost as if Hasbro is making less and less of the characters people want and these store exclusives with the exception o f TRU are next to impossible to find. I feel Hasbro should stop with store exlcusives and concentrate on listening to it's fans.

SNAYSON
05-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
I would like all 3 stages of Dark Troopers, and a HUGE ship-The World Devastator. It could be $130 or so...And could someone please tell me what "Soft goods" means? I have seen it a lot, and dont know what it means...

i second that Darth Sidious! all three stages of the dark trooper and the World Devastator would be cool!

Darth Evil
05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Oh yes, a World Devastator would be cool. But not as cool as Corran Horn Jedi Knight.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 06:38 PM
I want to see:
- New Mara Jade.
- New Xizor.
- Guri.
- Jinx.
- Electronic Virago Fighter w/Pilot.
- Electronic TIE-Defender w/Pilot.

:)

bandontherun
05-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Cilla Black...!!! :D

Hahahahahaaaaa!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I wonder how many other readers even KNOW who Cilla Black is! :rolleyes:

This is where my Beatles knowledge comes in handy: she was a singer, had her own show, on which Ringo appeared.

Maximilian Veers
05-23-2002, 05:28 AM
I want to see:
Captain Pellaeon
Admiral Daala
New sculpt Thrawn(larger and more terrorizing)
Borsk Fey'lya
Ssi-Ruuk
and a Chiss imperial commander/officer(Chiss is the species of Thrawn).

darthvyn
05-23-2002, 10:30 PM
i loved the EU because i thought the dark empire comics were awesome.

i don't agree that they should be on separate cards. if need be, put it on the blue saga cards, but use a different color scheme on the bubble insert card, where the title of the movie each figure is from is printed. that way the die-hard collectors are happy, and the not-so-die-hard collectors have a product that goes along with the theme, but are their own separate thing as well. after all, if they use the same card, that's less cost to hasbro and more chance of us actually getting it...

anyway, i want a nekkid emperor clone from dark empire...lol

seriously, though, there is too much stuff out there for hasbro not to do this. but i bet we'll just get another darth maul or qui-gon. don't get me wrong, i like darth maul, it's just that i have enough of him. unless he's packaged with a sith infiltrator... huh, huh? infiltrator?

maulreborn
05-26-2002, 11:37 AM
There are very EU popular characters I think must be made by Hasbro:

Shadows of the Empire

- Xizor (new)
- Dash Rendar (new)
- Leebo
- Guri
- Xizor's Guard (new)
- Jix

Heir To The Empire

- C'Baoth
- Cap. Pellaeon
- Talon Karrde

Darth Mauk: Shadow Hunter

- Lorn Pavan
- I-5
- Darsha Assant

I think Lorn & I-5 are the better characters from a SW novel I have seen in years. I would like to see how they look.

Crimson Empire

- Kirk Kanos (removable helmet)
- Carnor Jax
- Mirith Sinn

Jedi Master Zolbewan
05-26-2002, 11:45 AM
I would like them to be like the cinema scenes, heres my wish:

The Last Command set:
Mara Jade and Luke Vs C'both

Shadows of the Empire set:
Luke and Lando dressed as Gaurds

Dark Empire II set:
Luke and Cam

Crimson Empire set:
Royale guards

and other EU figs in a basic assist:

Jedi Kyle Kataran

C'both

Trioculas

Jodo Cast

Arden Lyn

Aniakin Solo

Solo Twins

JediIan
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey everyone lets have a petition for figures from Rogue Squadron from the X-Wing books, to top my list would be Corran, Ooryl, Tycho, Newara, Bror, Gavin, and a new Wedge. Lets hear it! Support this idea!

jediddy
05-29-2002, 06:07 PM
im all in favor of this, ive wanted these for a long time, great idea, cmon hasbro i mean we've got two sullustans why not an ooryl or a nawara?

MichaelV103
05-29-2002, 10:57 PM
2 Sullustans? I am all for this, but will Hasbro ever actually see this and if they do will we ever see figures we really want?

SQueek
05-30-2002, 02:52 PM
jodo kast would be a very awesome figure

DarkArtist
05-30-2002, 05:29 PM
What about Shira Brie from the 70's comic book line. Plus she is refered to in A New Hope by the stromtroopers guarding the tractor beam.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Avaro
Leia in Xizor's suduction outfit
Solo children
Crimson Empire Guards

RooJay
05-31-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DarkArtist
What about Shira Brie from the 70's comic book line. Plus she is refered to in A New Hope by the stromtroopers guarding the tractor beam.
How's that?:confused:

Adam
05-31-2002, 03:31 AM
As much as I love the Rogues, I kinda would want the Wraiths more.

1)Wes Janson with smart *ss grin!
2)Garrik "Face" Loran- Master of Disguises!(with spraypainted mechanics goggles and other accessories that i cant think of)
3)Wedge Antilles in tie fighter suit with snap on ewok. Omg. how much would this figure rule? I would laugh everytime i saw an ewok piloting my interceptor..
4)Tyria Sarkin with "I'm the worst pilot in the squadron action!"
5) Jesmin Ackbar with communications equipment.
6) Fallyn Sandskimmer with "GOD I HATE LUKE SKYWALKER!" action!
7) Ton Phanan with "Oh c*ap! I just lost another body part!" action!
8) Myn Donos with sniper rifle
9)Runt with .... just Runt..
10)Grinder with that spider thing
11)Castin Donn with "*sob* Wedge is mean!" action
12) Dead Castinn in storm trooper disguise
13)Shalla Nelprin with but kicking action
14)Dia Passik with double personality!
15)Lara Notsil w/ "L33T HAXOR" Action!
16) Cubber Daine with tools!
17) Kell Tainer with "JASON KILLED MY FATHER *SOB*" action!
18) Kell Tainer with "Hydrospanner clobberin" action!
19)Elassar Targon with Good Luck accessories!
20) Warlord Zsinj with mustachios!
And what kid wouldnt want a gamorean xwing pilot in their collection?
21) Piggy with Mathematical equations action feature!

Seriously, I would take any of the above figure(minus the insane "action" features") over most resculpts anyday.

SNAYSON
05-31-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by RooJay

How's that?:confused:

if i remember correctly, in the star wars marvel comics, Shira Brie was a imperial agent/spy acting as a rebel pilot. also luke was attracted to her. she gets killed by luke but later in the marvel star wars comics, you see her either saved placed in a bacta tank or it could be a cloning tank with a clone of her in it. i could be wrong but that is who she is. the issue you see Shira brie in the marvel comics star wars is issue 60 and 61.

i would rather see EU figures from all of Zahn's novels, X-Wing novel & comics series and the dark empire series first.

if anyone is interested, the old marvel comics starwars is being collected in a trade paper back format. cheaper than buying individual backissues.

RooJay
05-31-2002, 07:46 AM
Yeah, but how is it that Stormtroopers were talking about her in ANH? I don't remember that. Shira Brie came back as Lumiya. She was supposed to be the new Sith in the comics after Vader died in ROTJ. I don't follow.

JediIan
05-31-2002, 09:05 AM
Wraiths would be cool, i juts thought that maybe Rogues would be more readily known

Adam
05-31-2002, 04:06 PM
You've all missed the BEST candidate for an EU figure!

Wedge Antilles in Tie Fighter Pilot gear w/removable helmet and snap on stuffed ewok!(X-Wing: Iron Fist)

How funny would it be to see an ewok flying your interceptor in your collection? Yub, yub commander!

DarkArtist
05-31-2002, 06:55 PM
In the early script of Sta Wars The Adventures of the Starkiller.....The Stormtroopers guarding the tractor beam ask what's going on to which one replies "maybe it's another girl." The script refered to an Imperial spy turned Rebel. Later drafts changed that to the stormtroopers refering to Leia...... But if you are into expanded universe it is a point you can overlook.......

stillakid
05-31-2002, 06:57 PM
In the early script of Sta Wars The Adventures of the Starkiller.....The Stormtroopers guarding the tractor beam ask what's going on to which one replies "maybe it's another girl." The script refered to an Imperial spy turned Rebel. Later drafts changed that to the stormtroopers refering to Leia...... But if you are into expanded universe it is a point you can overlook.......

That sounds like they were collecting chicks for the "pleasure wing." :cool:

El Chuxter
06-03-2002, 01:04 PM

I always thought it was "Maybe it's another drill."

Adam
06-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Thats what I always thought it was...

Darth Evil
06-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Me too.

RooJay
06-03-2002, 09:32 PM
There was never any doubt in my mind that that line was "Maybe it's another drill.". I have read the script (which I own a copy of), and I don't recall it reading "another girl". I doubt Lucas would've had his Stormtroopers talking about a character that he didn't create and that didn't even exist yet.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-10-2002, 09:01 PM
I also want to see a Guri figure.

abell748
06-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Hasbro has three years before the EPIII line so maybe we will see some EU to keep the line alive until then. Hasbro can not expect the line to survive on Luke resculpts alone and if Hasbro keeps doing "in the film a split second" figures there will be nothing left to do after EPIII. EU is something that many collectors read and like. It would act as a way to keep the line fresh and alive. I personally would love to see a New Jedi Order line (for this purpose only would I buy another Luke,Han, or Leia).

SNAYSON
06-12-2002, 09:34 AM
eu what keeps the star wars alive outside the movies. Just a little bit of EU figures here and there would be fine, before EP3 but what happens when EP3 is done? one liner's and non speaking characters will eventually run out for hasbro to make.

Lt Kettch
06-17-2002, 12:02 PM
I read all 9 pages of this and just thought I'd throw out a couple that i don't remember seeing at all or maybe just not alot:

Moruth Dool
Garik Face Loran
Warlord Zsinj
Iella Wessiri Antilles
Leebo
Ysanne Isarrd
Wedge Antilles w/ Lieutenant Kettch
Calista
Lowbacca
Tenel Ka

Adam
06-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Kettch! You must have missed my wraith squadron listings! Go back a page and read!

And its good to know Im not the ONLY person who wants Wedge with an ewok..

Lt Kettch
06-17-2002, 04:09 PM
hehe, another reader of the books. like my handle? lol

Adam
06-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Yes, although I was probably going to put Yub,Yub Commander as my sig this week... time to find something else I guess:cry: ;) :crazed:

Hey, Im a Padawan now. W00t :eek: :cool: