PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now what?

Jangu Fett
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok, the long waited for ROTS set are now out. What's next? We know about the UCS Death Star II and the Jawa Sandcrawler, but what else? I really hope they do more Starfighters form ROTS.

I know everyone out there has their own "wish list" , but I'd like to know what more can we espect to see. Any hint, clues, photos?

Ji'dai
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm looking forward to the Sandcrawler. The Episode I MTT would be a comparable vehicle and I think it retailed for about $50. Though a Sandcrawler set could easily contain a thousand pieces and retail for $100.

I know re-releases usually receive a cool reception from the community but are there any sets you'd like to see again?

I've only missed a couple that I regret not buying, but mainly the AT-TE. If the AT-TE makes an appearance in Episode III I wouldn't mind LEGO making this set available again.

moulman
04-05-2005, 07:57 PM
re-realeases would be kinda cool, that way i could get some of the sets i dont have, but other than that, I cant really think of anything else that they could make. I would kinda like to see OB's starfighter from ROTS made into a set.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
re-realeases would be kinda cool, that way i could get some of the sets i dont have, but other than that, I cant really think of anything else that they could make. I would kinda like to see OB's starfighter from ROTS made into a set.

If you have the latest Lego catalog/magazine it shows a red OB1 jsf in the comic strip with Ani's yellow one. I guess it's possible.

I can think of several sets I'd like Lego to make:

Wampa cave with Tauntaun
Ewok village
Sandcrawler (in the works??)
Echo base set
Death Star cell block
Yavin 4 rebel control room
A much improved B-Wing
Tie Interceptor
A modular Final Duel throne room (bigger than the 2002 sets)
Gian speeder

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 11:18 AM
I wouldnt mind some re-releases of the EP1 sets. I didnt collect then so, I would like em. Also the Gunship large scale.

Jangu Fett
04-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually Ob1's Red JSF, Ani's Yellow JSF, Tri-Droid, and Vulture Droid are a rumored set, to be released in October. I'd like to see Grievous Starfighter and a large Blockade Runner released. Also a re-release Republic Gunship and AT-TE would be sweet. Both redesigned for Revenge Of The Sith. Let's all hope.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2005, 09:02 PM
...and a large Blockade Runner released. Also a re-release Republic Gunship and AT-TE would be sweet. Both redesigned for Revenge Of The Sith. Let's all hope.

Lego sold a Blockade Runner UCS set a few years back during the time when the DM head and Yoda statue were released.

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 10:14 PM
For me, "now what?" seems to be just slowly picking up the sets I like that are out, fighting temptation to buy the Wookiee Attack set at Target yesterday when it was $3 off so I can get it at TRU with the MINI ARC-170, and pretty much just wondering what other sets out now I might be interested in. I'm sure we'll see new sets from ROTS either late this Summer or in December if Lego's pattern holds true, and as I haven't seen the film or know anything about it yet, I have no idea what else to expect.

moulman
04-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Maybe another release of that Yoda statue, it looks preety cool form the pics ive seen. Or maybe a set like this, just of a scaled down r2

Slicker
04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
They did make a technic style R2 with sounds and a motor that propelled him along the floor. It was perhaps 8-9 inches tall and I think it was one of those Mind Builder sets or something like that.

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
They did the R2 in the Droid Builder set, and they did a standard Technic R2, and they did a sculpture R2 in a Target giveaway way back in the day.

moulman
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Too bad I wasnt around back in the day :cry:

But nevertheless, thanks for the info

JediTricks
04-11-2005, 07:37 PM
KB had the regular Technic R2 for a LOOOONG time, they may still in fact, or at least there's probably a few cheap on ebay. The Droid Builders robotics kit was on mega clearance at TRU for a while a few years ago, but I think those dried up everywhere and are now sought-after on the aftermarket. The Sculpture was limited to like 800 pieces or something, I don't have to explain what that'll do to its aftermarket price. ;)

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I saw a Technic R2 and Stormie at a KB a few weeks back. They are still out there.