PDA

View Full Version : How many times is too many?

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
At the Toys R Us Midnight Madness, a news crew showed up and took some footage of the idiots standing out in the cold and in the rain waiting for the doors to open.

So the next morning a buddy of mine calls me and says, "If your wife wants to know where you were last night, tell her I know exactly where you were."

It turns out he saw me on on the 6 am news standing in line with the 50 or so other people at Toys R Us Friday night.

The sad part about all this is that this isn't the first time I've been on the news while standing in line waiting for Star Wars Stuff. Back in 1997, when the extended editions of the original trilogy was out, I was on TV buying tickets for that, then I was on TV at the Episode I midnight madness at Toys R Us, and a third time in line buying tickets to the midnight showing of Episode I. So this last sighting at Toys R Us makes the 4th time I've been on TV waiting for something Star Wars.

Is this a sad commentary on the state of my life?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
No, I don't think so; it's more of a sad commentary on how many extremely slow news days there have been in the past several years. :D

Why are news people fascinated with folks standing in line? Doesn't sound too interesting to watch people waiting for something.

Strategist
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
We had a radio station traking pictures at my MM at least they gave out free drinks while we were waiting.

General_Grievous
04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Funny you should say that, JJL, after all the news coverage last week of both the deaths of Terri Schiavo and Pope John Paul II, but that's a topic for the Rancor Pit.

I don't believe it's sad. Not at all. In fact, I may very well be in the magazine "Toyfare", because the editor for the magazine was there at my MM TRU taking pictures. I don't know if I ended up on camera, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see...:)