PDA

View Full Version : I know this isnt Stillakids auction...

Tonysmo
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
but he sounds like a true fan of the PT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5569767000&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

LusiferSam
04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Wow! That's quite an auction. I won't spoil the surprise by saying what it is, but the wish the guy good luck. lol It just goes to show you that some people will sell of buy anything. :crazed:

Rocketboy
04-05-2005, 10:58 PM
And people call us SW geeks sad...
:rolleyes:

mastermatt24
04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
My question for you: Why were you searching for this??? Do you really have that much timeto waste??

stillakid
04-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Sh**, why didn't I think of that? :cool: That guy is a frickin' GENIUS! :D I just look at it as part of my vindication for what I've been saying all this time. I'm CLEARLY not the only one out there who knows how badly GL F'd up these films.

So, who's gonna pay me to go watch ROTS? :p

2-1B
04-06-2005, 12:15 AM
stillakid, I'll pay you to go see ROTS with me, actually I'll have you wait in the lobby so I can have an empty seat next to me (I hate crowded theaters and I hate sitting next to people in such cramped quarters). :D

2-1B
04-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Okay I just read the auction and I have 2 initial thoughts:

a) that guy's wife (assuming she exists) must be a real dingbat to have married him.

b) a few of us should create dummy accounts and shill up the bids so he gets nailed with a high Final Value Fee. :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 12:20 AM
What a maroon. Looking for handouts, he should check the Salvation Army.

Exhaust Port
04-06-2005, 12:41 AM
How could someone have any vested interest in the SW series if they were truly disappointed with the movies? I mean, I bailed on the "Star Trek", "Alien" and "Predator" series without looking back. Seriously, if you don't care for these movies just walk away and don't think twice about it. Looks like another attention ***** online.

Slicker
04-06-2005, 03:39 AM
So, who's gonna pay me to go watch ROTS? :pI could perhaps pay you in Tales of Adventure. Unless, that is, you've got change for this button.:p

Pendo
04-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Please provide payment no later than May 1, 2005 so that I have plenty of time to buy advance tickets (I don't like waiting in line).

The cheeky fooker! It's bad enough wanting us to pay for him, but he won't wait in line like the rest of us?!? I hope he doesn't get Advance tickets, leave them for REAL Star Wars fans!

PENDO!

Tonysmo
04-06-2005, 05:38 AM
Hee Hee , Welcome back Pendo. havent seen ya in awhile.

I didnt go searching for this auction, just sort of found it.. :D

It is amazing what people will try to do.. It will be interesting if anyone actually pays this guys way in.

mabudonicus
04-06-2005, 07:48 AM
I bet Stilla will pay the guy to see it, then if the guy says "it wasn't as bad as those last 2" he can go see it on cheap night with a semi-clear conscience ;)

In seriousness, though, I agree with Stilla's post, this guy IS a genius, and pretty darn funny at that (the comment about how the money would represent payment for him having to sit through the midiclearians scene was choice)

I am sure he expects to pay the listing fee and not get anything out of this, but we shall see :beard:

The 'Xir
04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
What I want to know is if we can pay him in Republic Credits? he he hee! Probably would get rejected at the Box Office mesa thinks, No?! :p :D

stillakid
04-06-2005, 06:39 PM
:( Nobody bid. I guess Star Wars Zealots aren't really all that committed to preachin' the Word of Lucas afterall.

2-1B
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
I guess not. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
04-07-2005, 01:55 AM
:( Nobody bid. I guess Star Wars Zealots aren't really all that committed to preachin' the Word of Lucas afterall.

Or they know better than to spend money on some complete stranger whom they don't care about at all and therefore don't give rat poodoo about what he thinks of the movie?

...nah, everyone's just outta money after midnight madness.

InsaneJediGirl
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Why bother spending the money?You either see the last movie in theaters,wait until DVD or just ignore the prequels and get on with it.I cant believe the guy wanted a drink as well,do what everyone else does,smuggle a can of coke in by wearing a jacket ;) Worked for me in FOTR :D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the human race! They never let you down, that's for sure! :crazed:

JediTricks
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Funny, I thought they did... all the time in fact.