PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jennings: Lung Cancer

mastermatt24
04-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I, Im sure just like many of you, found out today that Peter Jennings had lung cancer. It was kinda like a kick in the stomach to me- Ive been watching him for very long time, and he almost seems like a fatherly figure to me and it really sucks to find out that he has lung cancer. I had no idea that he was a smoker- that as well really came as a shock to me. Anyways, I sure hope he gets better and comes back soon.

InsaneJediGirl
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Probably my favorite news anchor,its sad news to hear.Mastermatt24,I had no idea he was a smoker either,always came off to me as a bit of a health freak.Hopefully,he shall get better soon,and survive the cancer.

mastermatt24
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
I know.. I tought he was too. I was kinda confused about it though- he said that he started smoking again during 9-11 (which is understandable) but did he quite again or did he keep smoking? :confused:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I felt sad to hear the news too, considering that I grew up watching Peter and "Worldnews Tonight." They said the signals were there, when ABC didn't send him to Indonesia during the Tsunami crisis or to Rome when the Pope was in ill health. The bad news is that 4 out of 5 lung cancer diagnoses are fatal.

It's strange that the big network 3 anchors, Jennings, Rather and Brokaw could all be gone within a year of each other.

As far as when he quit, it said in a few articles that Peter quit smoking a few years ago. He may have started up after 9/11 but it didn't mention it.

May he be ready and prepared to take on this fight.