PDA

View Full Version : ROTS 12" Figures

Clonetrooper1131
04-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Did anyone pick these up? I got the General Grievous, I thought it was the best one out of all of them.

I've checked around for these, I've mostly found the Clone Trooper in abundance.

Just checking with you all, let me know..

Sith Lord 0498
04-06-2005, 06:44 AM
I picked up the 12 inch Darth Sidious. It was worth every penny. The robes have a peculiar feel to them. He can easily hold his saber. The face and head sculpt is done remarkably well, and I really like how you can pull the hood down and see the wrinked face with a full head of hair.

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Did anyone pick these up? I got the General Grievous, I thought it was the best one out of all of them.

I've checked around for these, I've mostly found the Clone Trooper in abundance.
Just checking with you all, let me know..

That's probably because the clone troopers were packed two per case, but only one Emperor, and one Gen. Grevious. At least that was the way it was at my store. The Wal-Mart I work at had got in only 2 cases of 12" figures, and two cases of the Ultimate Villian Vader. Not a lot when you consider the collector fan base in my area. The 12" figures are the only real blank spot on the shelf, sold out day 1.

PoweredConvoy
04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I had high hopes for the 12" figs, so I bought them all. As it is, I'm customizing Anakin (repainting his face, giving him a better body, and using parts from the AOTC 12"'s outfit), keeping the Clone Trooper as is, and returning Grievous and Sidious. Sidious is just silling looking. Nice cloak (despite the hood problems) and lightsaber, but the his face isn't good (or at least the paint job isn't), he's wearing a bib, his pants are too short, he can only hold his lightsaber at an angle (and only with is right hand), the legs on mine are very loose. Grievous on the other hand looks great, but can't hold his sabers (mine's are held in place with those clear rubber bands), and his forearms fall off all the time (very, very annoying). The finishing blow to return this one as well is that mine can no longer stand (even just straight up). He'll stand for about 10 seconds than fall over which will cause at least one arm to fall off at the elbow joint. So they're both going back to the store. :( Very disappointing, as I wanted these figures badly and I genuinely like the 12" figs (at least the ones that get me to buy them).

Randy

Jayspawn
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I plan on getting the 12" Clone Trooper next $ day. Hes great looking. I've heard negative reviews on the 12" Grevious (being that he cant hold his lightsabers, his arms fall off and that he cant stand). Mixed reviews on Palpatine.

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I went and picked up a second Palpatine today at TRU with the hood in the down position. The one I bought at Wal-Mart has the hood up. I don't care though, because they will stay packaged. The only 12" figures I open, are those I find on clearance.

Reefer Shark
04-07-2005, 01:44 AM
I collect the line, and have the whole set so far. Grievous is definitely weak play-wise, but all I do is display them so that doesn't bother me that much. All I really need them to do is stand there and look cool, and these seem to that just fine after a little tweaking and posing.

I just picked up Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee today, and they look to be very nicely done too! I haven't opened them yet, but it looks like they come with some kind of stand. Hopefully Hasbro continues this trend so I don't have to buy those doll stands from Wal-Mart anymore.

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Sweet, where did you find them Reefer?

Reefer Shark
04-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Picked 'em up at Target. They do look really nice in person!

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Cool, Thanks. I was going to go, but I have to watch my spending, but at the same time, I don't want to miss out on these two. There have been certain 12" figures in the past that I saw only once at retail, then only at collectors shows asking high prices. *sigh*

Fluke Skywalker
04-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Nice find. Those two have looked great since the photos popped up online a few months back.

It's strange how Habsro seems to have done better by the more obscure characters in both the 3 3/4" and 12" scales than they do by the main ones. The 12" GG and Palpatine are just awful IMO. But then they nail these backround characters dead on. Same with the small figures. The various alien Jedi almost all look better than Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace et.

The 12" palpatine gets my vote for worst 12" figure maybe ever. In any line not just Star Wars. Those photos Hasbro posted of it, along with GG a while back were not even close to what we actually got. Palps is beyond the help of even the most skilled customizer :crazed:

Mace Windex
04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I just picked up Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee today, and they look to be very nicely done too! I haven't opened them yet, but it looks like they come with some kind of stand. Hopefully Hasbro continues this trend so I don't have to buy those doll stands from Wal-Mart anymore.

Shark,

You got The Jedi-Chicks from Target? I didn't think these were released yet. Hmm. The hunt begins. Have you taken either out of the box? All of mine get opened (carefully) and displayed, but I only buy ones that are nice IMHO. Can either women hold their sabers?
Very curious.

MAce

Reefer Shark
04-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I've opened the Barris, but not Shaak Ti yet. She's very nice. Great articulation, outfit, etc... and she holds her saber just fine. Only problem is that she doesn't have feet in her boots, but I guess that's why these came with stands.

Here's a pic of the stand and figure: Baris Offee (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10816)

I would say she's well worth the money!

Jayspawn
04-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I dont know Fluke Skywalker, I but the 12" Sidious can be made over nicely. He just needs a darker face wash -so his face doesnt seem so pink. But then, we'll just have to see the movie first. ;)

jedibear
04-10-2005, 12:14 AM
When I heard what the first assortment of 12" figures were for ROTS I was a little surprised. The Clone Trooper...okay, Grevious, of course but...Sidious? In the first wave? No Obi-Wan? Oh well.

I just picked up GG, Clone Trooper & Ultimate Ani at Midnight Madness. I figured there would be plenty of Sidious. As it turns out, there are stil plenty of Clone Troopers & Anakins around as well. I may pick up a Sidious on clearance later but I'm in no hurry. I hope the hood fits over his head well (all the ones I've seen have been packaged with the hood down)

I'm disappointed to hear that Grevious is so shoddy out of the package. I had a feeling he probably wouldn't stand well, but to hear he doesn't hold the lightsabers or falls apart easily is really unfortunate. Guess he'll stay boxed for now...

I'm on the fence about the Clone Trooper. It's hard to tell if this one is going to end up with the same "aging" problems the AOTC does. The one I have from that collection has three different shades of white on his armor depending on the body part and the different types of plastic used. It looks strange. Also...for those that have opened the ROTS one....is the body more posable this time 'round or is it the same stiff limited one we've been getting for awhile now?

The Anakin doesn't look so hot either...the doughy looking face and the substandard looking jedi costume are disappointing.

This two Jedi ladies sure look good, especially Shaak Ti. It's cool to see that they come with stands...wish all the 12" did. Oh well....can't wait to find those.

Here's hoping they do a good job with Obi-Wan (and please! I beg you Hasbro! Include a cloak!!!)

Mace Windex
04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
BAris looks pretty nice. Could you post additional pictures including close ups? Looks like she has tiny hands. The saber looks HUGE!

Mace

Reefer Shark
04-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Mace,
I'll see if I can take some more pics later, but unfortunately I have a very crappy camera. Doesn't do too well with close ups.

I will say though - her hands look to be a pretty normal size, it's the size of the saber handle that's off. For some reason, her and Shaak have these huge, thick sabers. Way bigger than Anakins and Sidious sabers.

PoweredConvoy
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
The 12" palpatine gets my vote for worst 12" figure maybe ever. In any line not just Star Wars. Those photos Hasbro posted of it, along with GG a while back were not even close to what we actually got. Palps is beyond the help of even the most skilled customizer :crazed:

I agree, he's awful. Both him and Grievous are going back to the stores after opening them. Sidious is just horrible in almost every way, and Grievous has bad stability issues in his arms and legs.

Randy