PDA

View Full Version : ROTS - Variants or Errors

ace2005
04-06-2005, 06:47 AM
ROTS - Variants or Errors

The obvious variant is the Red and Blue Senate Guards.

It seems as far as Houston, Texas is concerned that the Red Senate Guard comes one per case in assortment SW E3 Basic Figure C2 ASST W1R1 05 - SW E3. The Blue Senate Guard arrived in another assortment, and is usually found in the Wal-mart 1/2 pallet of SW E3 Basic Figs and deluxe figs usually 3 at the top. Wal-mart also got refill cases for these pallets and they do not have the usually markings as the other case assortments that come from Hasbro, these are usually generic boxes containing the Blue Senate Guard.

Also not sure if anyone else has noticed that the Dlx - Anakin Skywalker (Changes to Darth Vader) on package has the vader armor on the right clear side, which is visible and another has it down below the fig where it can not be seen.

Also another is the Dlx - Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid (Force Jump Attack) here you have one with a broken leg or separated leg Super Battle Droid and the other is a complete two legged Super Battle Droid. Since I have not opened these I do not know whether the broken Super Battle Droid can be re-assembled to make a complete one or whether the complete one can be broken for the scene.

If anyone else runs across any variants, please post and lets see how much money Hasbro wants us to spend on their tricks and gimmicks on buying duplicate items just to have a complete set.

Good Luck,

potf2x
04-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Palpatine #35 comes with either a blue lightsaber or a red lightsaber (red being the harder one to find as of now).

ace2005
04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks,

Cool will have to check mine, that is going to be a little hard around here since the 3rd wave case was somewhat limited in the area and what is out there is being sucked up like water to a sponge.

I have noticed that in Houston, Texas or at least the places I have checked that the Targets and TRU did not get the 3rd wave yet.

Good Luck,

WesleySr
04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Also another is the Dlx - Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid (Force Jump Attack) here you have one with a broken leg or separated leg Super Battle Droid and the other is a complete two legged Super Battle Droid. Since I have not opened these I do not know whether the broken Super Battle Droid can be re-assembled to make a complete one or whether the complete one can be broken for the scene.

The figure is designed to be apart and reassembled, like the blast apart Battle Droid that came with the Theed Hanger.

fivecentfilms
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I was at Target the other day and found two Battle Droid variants. One is red and another has "battle damage" (more like scars really) Has anyone one else come across these? Another weird thing about these is that they have tape on the back(?) ???

Bobby Fett
04-08-2005, 12:29 AM
If you want to count it as a variation, some Lava Vaders are punched and some are not.

ronhudy
04-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I was at Target the other day and found two Battle Droid variants. One is red and another has "battle damage" (more like scars really) Has anyone one else come across these? Another weird thing about these is that they have tape on the back(?) ???

Haven't seen this figure variant, but ALL the new figures have tape on the back. Maybe someone bought a ROTS Battle Droid, and replaced it with a Red Saga Battle Droid and returned it...

Darth Cruel
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
I published a thread for the General Grievous one, but in the spirit of keeping a thread with all of the variations, I'll add a few that I know of here.

Anakin (#2) has a variation with a red lightsaber molded into his hand on the blister and another with a Dooku saber in that spot. A change in the tray shows it to be an intentional change.

General Grievous (#36) has a packaging variation with one having the lightsaber packaged on the right and another with it on the left.

potf2x
05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
While we're at it:

- #43 Wookie Warrior comes in either light tan fur, or brown fur.
- Target Exc. Clone Trooper comes with either Sith Logos, or Clone Logos on top corners of clam shell.
- Deluxe Vulture Droid comes with either blue body, or greenish/brown body.
- CIII Vader comes with either straight edged flames, or contoured edged flames.

Slicker
05-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't know if it's an official variant but I saw 2 different versions of the 12" Palpy. One had the hood up and the other had the hood down. It wasn't as if the hood just fell down it was clearly tucked behind his back in the packaging. I could've cared less but I happened to notice it.

Obi-wedge
05-17-2005, 10:54 PM
You also have the deluxe vader/anakins.
The vader to anakin have the varients of the accessories on the right, left, or bottom of the packaging.

The medical table vader has three different head colors.

Bobby Fett
05-18-2005, 07:59 AM
...CIII Vader comes with either straight edged flames, or contoured edged flames.

Can you direct us to photos, so we can see the difference? Thanks

potf2x
05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Can you direct us to photos, so we can see the difference? Thanks

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8367

Darth Fred
05-25-2005, 12:15 AM
I published a thread for the General Grievous one, but in the spirit of keeping a thread with all of the variations, I'll add a few that I know of here.

Anakin (#2) has a variation with a red lightsaber molded into his hand on the blister and another with a Dooku saber in that spot. A change in the tray shows it to be an intentional change.

General Grievous (#36) has a packaging variation with one having the lightsaber packaged on the right and another with it on the left.

I actually recently stumble on one of the few Grevious figures with the sabre on the right. Don you happen to have any additional information on these?
F

Darth Cruel
06-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't. I do not know which is the first, or the more rare.