PDA

View Full Version : I expect NOTHING different from E2 than POTJ!!!

INDIANA
01-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Really, stop the b**ching people.

The reason we will get the crap figures first is that EVEYONE will be buying these things, not just us collectors. Kids aren't going to care if the toys are statues or full of articulation....they are just going to want them...Hasbro knows this and will try to get as much $$$$ as possible out of the initial rush.

Will there be stuff for collectors, sure, just not as much initially. Give it a couple of months and we WILL get a multi position Jango and Clonetrooper. I fully expect NOTHING different from the E2 line than the POTJ line now, there will be good characters and duds. Hey, all you with short memories, there are plenty of statues and one-pose wonders in the POTJ figures too...Boss Nass, SaeSee Tinn, Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, even that 300th Boba Fett has one decent pose, Sabe (both), FX-7 (joking), Han Solo DS Escape, and more. I really wish some people will stop acting like this is a new thing, it's not.

The other line I love to hear is that Hasbro better change things before the line hits retail. There's only 3 months left, the figures are DONE-SITTING IN BOXES WAITING TO SHIP!! Hasbro ain't making changes, what you see is what we will get. Along with this are the people who "will no longer collect", fine, goodbye, at least until midnight on the 21st when I will see ALL of you at TRU!

Obehave Kenobi
01-07-2002, 03:33 PM
You're absolutely right Indiana. What's important to remember is that we haven't seen completely finished figures yet. Sir Steve made that point himself. Reserve judgement until the Toy Fair pictures. And if you STILL don't like them, remember this, you don't have to buy them. Hasbro is not holding a gun to your head saying " Buy these, Or ELSE!!" (although sometimes we all act like they are. :) ) Buy what you like, and leave the rest on the shelves for the kids who won't care what they look like. This toy franchise should have proven to us all by now that they'll make countless duplicates of the same character over the course of it's run. Wait until you find a likeness that pleases you, and buy that one. It's just that simple.

Wolfwood319
01-07-2002, 03:48 PM
I can't believe Hasbro is going to even attempt to market the new line towards kids. You think they'd have figured it out by now, but kids don't buy star wars action figures. They didn't buy E1 stuff, and they won't buy E2 stuff. Kids' interests come and go so quickly, if they are even remotely interested in AOTC come May, it will be gone with in a few weeks, and they will be interested in something else.

If the actual figures are anything like the prototypes, I won't buy any of them. Its important for Hasbro to hear stuff like this. The initial figures might already be made and ready to ship, but if Hasbro continues to get feedback like this, maybe they'll change it later on down the line.

And people have been complaining about the DSE Han, Eeth Koth, etc. So it isn't new, and we still don't like it.

If I don't like this new stuff, I won't buy it. Just like I don't buy the stuff I don't like now. No one is putting a gun to my head, but I still hope that Hasbro comes out with decent figures.

INDIANA
01-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Wolf, your absolutely correct, the kids interest won't last longer than a few weeks TOPS. That's why Hasbro is putting all the cheap to make garbage out there early so the kids will pick it up and they make money. I truely believe there will be very little to appeal to the collectors in the first wave of E2 toys. NOW....by the late summer/fall...when the kids interest goes away, I fully expect the line to go RIGHT back to the way POTJ is now. Better sculpts in smaller numbers that collectors will be stisfied with.

Obehave Kenobi
01-07-2002, 04:00 PM
Ah, but toys are a kid oriented business. If they make something that older collectors like, that's fine for them. It just means that they can make more money off their product. But they design this stuff with kids in mind. Hence, projectile launching guns and retractible lightsabers. As for Ep.1 merchandise, kids did buy it. Retail stores made mistakes in ordering too much product initially. That's why it looked like nothing was ever moving off the shelves. Too much hype hurt the line.

GNT
01-08-2002, 03:21 AM
I don't know about you Obehave Kenobi but there is a Hasbro employee next to me with a gun tomy head say "buy them all or I'll shoot" so go figure! ;)

Obehave Kenobi
01-08-2002, 04:24 PM
I guess they haven't gotten around to sending their "represenative" to my house yet. Oh well, I guess they'll be here soon. :) :D :)

GNT
01-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Just slip them a coffee and you'll be fine although remember to put some pills in it first ;)

Jayspawn
01-09-2002, 02:34 AM
I agree with Wolfwood319. The Episode II figures are still pieces of crap! Hasbro must have sculpted them with blindfolds on! The likeness is so bad its insulting. POTJ is was better produced then Episode II figures.

derek
01-09-2002, 02:43 PM
i thought the australian government confiscated all your guns. i even heard of one guy who got in trouble for importing a sling shot.

AmanaMatt
01-09-2002, 03:15 PM
I have to agree with Indiana. Some of the posts (and not just here on this site) are getting a 'little' out of hand.

The way I see it, if the figs turn out looking 'less-than-stellar' I'll just pick and choose what I want. I already see the plus side of some of the figs, like the stange female Tuskin ... check out the movie accurate (finally) gaffi stick. The Weassle (sp?)- female bounty hunter fig- looks quite good based on the proto pics as well.

I am a completist that gets two (not always, though...anyone say Ric Olie) of each: one to open and one to keep carded. As far as these initial pics go, I'll probably buy just one of quite a few of these Ep II figs; far as I'm concerned, Hasbro is doing me a favor.

Bring on Ephant Mon!!!

GNT
01-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by derek
i thought the australian government confiscated all your guns. i even heard of one guy who got in trouble for importing a sling shot.

True, they had a program type thing going "If you hand in your gun(depending what it is) the govenment would give you cash for it" program (I belive some places in the world had sort of the same program?) Although Derek,Not "all" the guns were handed in!

Obi-Don
01-10-2002, 10:20 AM
That the only to do it. Pick and choose the figures.If you don't like them don't buy them. It won't matter what we think about it anyway.Hasbro will do what they think is best for sales.

On the guns topic,Before its all over the only ones with the guns will be the Gov. and the lawbreakers.:frus: :(

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
On the guns topic,Before its all over the only ones with the guns will be the Gov. and the lawbreakers.:frus: :(

Have you not been paying attention Obi-Don? A good number of the lawbreakers work FOR the government!! ;)

Dark Knight
01-15-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by GNT

True, they had a program type thing going "If you hand in your gun(depending what it is) the govenment would give you cash for it" program (I belive some places in the world had sort of the same program?) Although Derek,Not "all" the guns were handed in!

What kinds of guns do you have?

heheheheee
:evil: :evil: :evil:

JetsAndHeels
01-15-2002, 01:02 PM
First of all I would like to say hello to all my fellow SW collectors and fans, being my first time posting here.
As far as the EP2 line looks, it seems like Hasbro has a good idea, but they are going about it the wrong way. I think I can see where they are going with the poses for the figures, but the way they are articulating and sculpting the figures is all wrong.
Being very passionate about collecting, I will still be at TRU on midnight April 22. To me the experience I had when EP1 figures came out was tremendous. It was alot of fun and I am ready to do it again. When I go in I will buy the characters I like (Mainly Jango and Zam Wessel) but I dont see myself buying Captain Typho or say another Naboo Guard. It doesnt add up. I want the unique characters that we have not seen before.:crazed:

Darth Mojhaan
01-16-2002, 11:30 PM
I am sick of everyone complaining about these figures. Do any of you remember 1995, when Star Wars came back to the toy ailes to fill the void we had in our lives. Everyone at that time praised the He-Man Luke and the Stiff Chewie who seemed to have a grin and fans all around the world screamed in delight. If any one is like me, they ripped those packages open to examine the horrible resemblance to the movies and we still screamed in delight. Years passed, more Lukes and Vaders and Landos and well you get the idea, arrived in our hands and I am one of the many who opened the packages to display and you cannot tell me that when you look back, all those figures were stiff in stance and play value. And still to this day, they can't get the sculpt right on Luke Skywalker. You complain about the stances and the statue liknesses but answer me this, are you going to play with them or display them. I purchased the newest Spawn recently and he is like a statue. Two points of articulation but I display him because he is awsome. Quit griping, you sound like a bunch of children.
I love the figures and I am proud of Hasbro, they are directing the line towards the adults more because it is the adults who made this line popular.