PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE Gunner

WesleySr
04-06-2005, 12:19 PM
OK, first off, I have every other figure except this one (up to #40). I have a question about this figure. Does this mean that we will be getting an AT-TE or does this figure serve another purpose (like the gunner position in the ARC-170)?

samskull
04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Well considering we've received other vehicle-related figures without a vehicle present I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm still waiting for that Cloud Car.

beckmen
04-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, that is true. But ROTS is a bigger line than OTC, so I think there's a pretty big chance that an AT-RT is coming.

HighLordDave
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Considering that there is a vintage Cloud Car, it would be surprisingly easy to bust out the old molds and release it to collectors. I'm wondering why it's taken them this long to sell an AT-TE; people have already proven that they'll pay $70(?) for an AT-AT so why no AT-TE?

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I would love one. I would buy it. This figure is pretty sweet.

Joshkj
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
AT-TE good
hhuunting for gunner bad

anti-hero
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Well, I found this guy yesterday (Kohls btw) but I can't open him until the weekend. (long story, has to do with bday money) So I've got 2 questions.

1. Is the shoulder pad removeable? I know I could take it off but is it made to go back on too? I've heard both ways.

2. I noticed there is a hooked top edge on the chest part of the shoulder pad. Is that just part of the look or does that little gun snap in there or something?

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
WOuldnt know, mine is on lay-a-way.

Jayspawn
04-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I'd love to find this figure. I have visions of me sending him and the Clone Commander (which I cant find either) into combat with the other Clones I've collected. I've heard people getting lucky at Kohls -but I dont have one at all close to where I live.

darko666
04-14-2005, 10:22 AM
i have only seen this figure once and i got it. i don't open the figures so i'm not sure what the figure does or what the weapons do. but i'm guessing that certain figures have accesories that go with vehicles or playsets, similar to the Obi-Wan(Episode II) that had the satelite for the jedi starfighter.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, I found this guy yesterday (Kohls btw) but I can't open him until the weekend. (long story, has to do with bday money) So I've got 2 questions.

1. Is the shoulder pad removeable? I know I could take it off but is it made to go back on too? I've heard both ways.

2. I noticed there is a hooked top edge on the chest part of the shoulder pad. Is that just part of the look or does that little gun snap in there or something?

Mail them to me and I will let you know. :D

hestep99
04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Haven't had a chance to open him yet, since I only have one.

beckmen
04-14-2005, 05:33 PM
So it's going to gather dust for years, when dozens of kids and immature people like me are left with NOTHING, going to Wal-Mart on a daily basis and getting shut down every time. :(

CrunchyNug
04-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I found a couple on my lunch break today at my local TRU. The shoulder pauldron IS removable, making him look more like a basic Clone. He comes with a blaster, not a rifle, and a smaller Scout Trooper blaster...much like the one packed in with the Red/Blue Guard.

As far as articulation goes, what the quickdraw Clone lacks in his legs, this one makes up for. But the opposite is true for the Gunner's arms. Basically, the Gunner has swivel elbows and shoulders, which can restrict his pose, but does have ball joints at the hip, which the Clone #6 does not. He's less poseable up top, and much better down below. Still, keep him at the top of your list because he is one bad mother!!!

Dark Marble
04-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Considering that there is a vintage Cloud Car, it would be surprisingly easy to bust out the old molds and release it to collectors. I'm wondering why it's taken them this long to sell an AT-TE; people have already proven that they'll pay $70(?) for an AT-AT so why no AT-TE?

I think Hasbro is afraid of the bigger vehicles. I am not sure how well the AT-AT sold, but the most common story I hear is that a lot of people that wanted them snagged them on clearance. Plus the last $80+ big ship that Hasbro put out, that wasn't an exclusive to a specific store, was Amidala's crusier. And that one did seem to sell so well until it hit clearance. I would love a couple of AT-TE vehicles, but Hasbro is going to have to work hard to get my money if they plan to sell it at $70+. It better be the best Star Wars vehicle ever made at this point.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
The Imperial Shuttle seemed to do pretty good, even though it was a pricey exclusive.

DarthZylek
04-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Isn't he just the same mold as the clone trooper that came in the deluxe pack with the speeder bike? I'm not too impressed with the figure, of the 4 ROTS clones released so far he is definately last. His arm articulation just bothers me.

LTBasker
04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Nope. Maybe it's the same head but that's the only possible reuse seeing as the Deluxe Clone was fitted with a horse-shoe toss gimmick and was horridly posed. The AT-TE Gunner looks like it uses a super articulated body.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Except for the arms, the AT-TE gunner is a pretty good figure.

IMO, the worst clone trooper is the AT-RT trooper. The articulation on the BARC trooper is bad, but the AT-RT trooper has bad articulation and looks kind of cartoony. There's isn't much detail.

Easily the best clone trooper is the clone commander.

mm74md
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM

I'd keep him MOC. I found one at MM then was lucky enough to find one to open at Kohls earlier in the week. I was hoping this would be like a SA Clone, but like others said the arms are horrible. Mine keep popping out. This is bad since my kids actually play with stuff I open. :frus:

Dark Marble
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
The Imperial Shuttle seemed to do pretty good, even though it was a pricey exclusive.

Absolutely!

However, it is probably one of the most desired Star Wars vehicles ever and it was a chance for everyone to get it at a fraction of the price instead of $200 to $700 dollars. It is the difference between charging a lot for a classic vehicle that is an easy sale as opposed to a prequel vehicle that will be a harder sale.

I don't think an AT-TE needs to come out at a huge price, what is the matter with $29.99? That is how much the gunship is and the AT-TE should probably be about the same size if not smaller then the gunship. Even then it will hold a couple of gunners and drivers. Probably more since the thing will most likely be hollow.

And honestly, was the saga shuttle worth $100+, not a chance. This was a $40 to $50 vehicle at best. I love the AT-TE gunner, and I hope to see an AT-TE in the future, maybe this year, but Hasbro is insane if they think anything over $40 is a good price point.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 10:32 AM
If they strip out any electronics (remember the vintage AT-AT that had the motorised chin guns?) they can sell an AT-TE walker for the $40 you suggest. Hell, the Millennium Falcon retails for $60(?) and if they'd take the electronics out, it would probably cut $15 off the retail price.

Dark Marble
04-15-2005, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't worry about the electronics, this is another thing Hasbro has dropped like a bad habit. I am actually suprised that the lights and sound stayed in the OTC Falcon!! If an AT-TE vehicle is made, I don't think it will have many bells and whistles.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Except for the arms, the AT-TE gunner is a pretty good figure.

IMO, the worst clone trooper is the AT-RT trooper. The articulation on the BARC trooper is bad, but the AT-RT trooper has bad articulation and looks kind of cartoony. There's isn't much detail.

Easily the best clone trooper is the clone commander.

Dont get me started on the figure pack-ins from the vehicles. They all suck. They are molded into poses that are only useful with their vehicles.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Absolutely!

However, it is probably one of the most desired Star Wars vehicles ever and it was a chance for everyone to get it at a fraction of the price instead of $200 to $700 dollars. It is the difference between charging a lot for a classic vehicle that is an easy sale as opposed to a prequel vehicle that will be a harder sale.

I don't think an AT-TE needs to come out at a huge price, what is the matter with $29.99? That is how much the gunship is and the AT-TE should probably be about the same size if not smaller then the gunship. Even then it will hold a couple of gunners and drivers. Probably more since the thing will most likely be hollow.

And honestly, was the saga shuttle worth $100+, not a chance. This was a $40 to $50 vehicle at best. I love the AT-TE gunner, and I hope to see an AT-TE in the future, maybe this year, but Hasbro is insane if they think anything over $40 is a good price point.

I agree, especially since the Gunships drop off the AT-TE's in the movie. The AT-TE should be smaller than the Gunship, or maybe about the same size and make a new Gunship that is made like the ones that drop them off. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Kidhuman
04-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Aproperly scaled AT-TE would be huge. The Lego Version was huge. If they made this they would have to do it right. I wouldnt want a cheap scaled down version of this and would want clones all ARound it. A good retail price would have to be 70 dollars.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Neither the AT-AT nor the Millennium Falcon are truly to scale, but I'd pay $50 for an AT-TE walker.

bigbarada
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
I would love to see an AT-TE vehicle. It doesn't need electronics just as long as it's not some 3rd rate, half-arsed attempt like the Ep1 Fambaa turned out to be.

I think $50-60 would be an acceptable price.

Unfortunately, I don't really see this happening since Hasbro seems to be really squeamish about large sized prequel vehicles, ever since Queen Amidala's starship.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, I don't really see this happening since Hasbro seems to be really squeamish about large sized prequel vehicles, ever since Queen Amidala's starship.

I don't know about that; both the Republic Gunship and ARC-170 fighter are pretty large vehicles and they seem to be moving off shelves very rapidly.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't know about that; both the Republic Gunship and ARC-170 fighter are pretty large vehicles and they seem to be moving off shelves very rapidly.

Yeah, the only place around here that seems to have the ARC-170 is TRU. I have never seen the Gunship anywhere but KB and they wanted $5 more than retail for it so I passed.

HighLordDave
04-15-2005, 02:49 PM
The Wal-Mart in Huntington (route 60) has had one on the shelves for the last couple of weeks.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Sounds like it is time to make a toy run.

beckmen
05-07-2005, 02:37 PM
FINALLY found it the other day. Now I guess I am done with figs 1-41. I only need to find the new deluxe figs, Anakin on Mustafar and Obi-Wan Red Leader and I think I'll be done until Hasbro gets more figs coming out.

This guys face is retarded, and I mean that litterally. He looks like he's been lobotomized. I was also dissapointed that his shoulders and elbows were hinge-jointed and not universal like the other clones have been. Still, not a bad figure. Good for building the army. I like the base he comes with (I know a lot of the figs have this same base, but I wasn't interested in any of them) as well.

JEDIpartner
05-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I saw one today that was packed with two helmets and not a helmet and a helmet cover. I passed on it.

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm not impressed with this figure. I like it, but it's not great. Crunchy Nugg nailed it in his description. I just hope this figure has some other roll in the film other than Gunner, so we don't feel so bad about not getting an AT-ET.

Darth Chicken Head
05-07-2005, 08:14 PM
sears.com get it now while its up !!!:D

Blackened88
05-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I saw one today that was packed with two helmets and not a helmet and a helmet cover. I passed on it.
Whoa there is two different versions, I only seen one once and it was messed up so I passed, but it was a Helmet and a helmet cover. I would much prefer the two helmets, but that is going to make the search for the specific Gunner even harder. Is one rarer than the other?

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Whoa there is two different versions, I only seen one once and it was messed up so I passed, but it was a Helmet and a helmet cover. I would much prefer the two helmets, but that is going to make the search for the specific Gunner even harder. Is one rarer than the other?The one with 2 helmets is a production error. It's probably one of a kind or just a few got out. The factory workers like to mess around sometimes.;)

Blackened88
05-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Oh, so it's not actually painted, it's just two white helmets?

beckmen
05-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Imagine how much that baby will take in on ebay...

Fluke Skywalker
05-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Since we'll probably never get a Tank for him, I just plan on using him as a 'Sergeant' of sorts. He's kinda beefy and has that big shoulder pauldron and looks more like infantry than a gunner anyway, IMO.

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Since we'll probably never get a Tank for him, I just plan on using him as a 'Sergeant' of sorts. He's kinda beefy and has that big shoulder pauldron and looks more like infantry than a gunner anyway, IMO.

I did a battle-damage custom on mine and put him in my Republic Gunship holding his helmet. Maybe in time I'll use him on my AT-RT.

Of course, there's always hope for that AT-TE...

Scackmgack
05-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I bought four of them - enough to crew an AT-TE should Hasbro ever come out with one, though I seriously doubt it. But WHY come out with this figure at all if they don't intend to come out with the vehicle?

I just don't get it...

bearauto
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
I bought four of them - enough to crew an AT-TE should Hasbro ever come out with one, though I seriously doubt it. But WHY come out with this figure at all if they don't intend to come out with the vehicle?

I just don't get it...

I'd love to make a custom AT-TE, like that other guy did.

beckmen
05-09-2005, 02:49 AM
His right shoulder paldron is removable, I found out. You can remove it to reveal the Imperial insignia. Also his legs are ball-jointed where they attach to the body. Kind of odd.

MaquisWarrior
05-09-2005, 04:57 AM
At-TE Gunner and Matthew Nelson! NO they are not chicks, they're dudes!

Scackmgack
05-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I discovered the removable left shoulder pauldron quite by accident...I wonder what that's all about?

samskull
05-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm sorta disappointed in the AT-TE Gunner. After all the hoopla about "how great" he is I finally got hold of a couple and opened 'em up and discovered that the detail was not even as nice as the Quick Draw.

The leg articulation is interesting - not sure why he needs to do a split. A removable helmet seems unnecessary for a Trooper especially one this ugly (why didn't they do this feature with the Clone Pilot instead?). He can only hold the Biker Scout pistol with one finger (?!). The leg armor is cut off short (compare to previous Troopers). And to top all this off every single one I bought is discolored - like off white...nearly matching the helmet deco. Is this a purposeful dirty look or a poor manufacturing job. Is this a reused/modified body from the Clone Wars line?

Ah heck, beats the POTF2 Stormtrooper army I built in the 90s.

But these troops definitely need some more vehicles...forget the AT-TE how about the AT-PT that looks cool and is small enough for Hasbro to give us...sans any pre-posed Biker Drivers.

I think the answer lies in the figures description on the back:
"They have specialized skills to operate AT-TE tanks and other armored vehicles."
I bet the "other vehicle" is more likely in the works than the AT-TE...probably something lame like the old vintage "rigs." You EU fans can rejoice!

beckmen
05-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, Hasbro can even use back-stock of other lines like Xyber 9 like they did for Durge's Swoop Bike...

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing the mini-rigs come back. The ISP-6, Endor Ranger (painted grey), CAP, INT-4 and MLC-3 would make good Clone Wars-era vehicles...

Clonetrooper1131
05-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Okay, I'm having the hardest time finding the Tank Gunner. Is he in the same set as Vader's Medical Droid, Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, Nemodian Warrior, and Wookie Warrior? Cause I found all of them today at Target along with SA Clone Trooper. Just curious.

eg45
05-10-2005, 02:17 AM
I might be just at the right place at the right time. I work at macys and there is a target across the street. Last month after work which was about 15mins before closing time i went to target and found a AT-TE Tank Gunner right on front peg for my self. And tonight for some reason i decided to go to the same local target after work because a fellow friend collect found 41-44 there but i did not see 41-44 but to my suprisefound a AT-TE Tank Gunner, again on the front peg by it self so i picked it up for my friend that didnt have the figure. I just find it crazy that i can go to target by closing time and find hard figures to get.
Whats weird is the AT-TE Tank Gunner that i pick up for myself last month has a PURPLE card. and the one that i picked up last night for my fellow collecter is blue.My ? is the the one that i picked up for myself with the purple card is the original release and the blue is the second wave or doesnt really matter.

ace2005
05-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Not really, the color card variation is just a change, but if you want to know which AT came first look at the date stamp at the bottom on the back of the card.

Hope that helps,

Good Luck,

ace2005
05-10-2005, 03:09 AM
What you found was collection 1 wave 4. the AT-TE Gunner is in collection 2 wave 3.

Hope that helps,

Good Luck,

aceguide
05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
The Gunner is a myth - he does not exist...

;)

Veers
05-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I had to get mine on Ebay. Got tired of going everywhere to look for it.

Val Da Car
05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I bought a couple when they were on amazon @ 6.99 each one morning and then I found two today in my favorite Target.

I might just buy online since I am competing againist four HW collectors in my area for figures.

Here is a little description.

1. Boxcar Willie (yes he does smell...even from the next aisle OVER)
2. Goth (Angry look and eyebrown in a Klingon scowl and shoulder length black hair)
3. Newbee aka EMinEm aka Blondie (the next gen HW)
4. Bearded Dude. Always running in Target to get there first.......

just my $.02.

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Here is a little description.

2. Goth (Angry look and eyebrown in a Klingon scowl and shoulder length black hair)

just my $.02.

LMAO! That is just too funny. Hey, maybe the new site will help end some of these SCALPER problems. I mean if it come down to paying $10.00+ on Ebay (plus shipping) for one figure, or ordering several figures on Hasbro's site common sense says go to Hasbro!

Val Da Car
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Plus....No scent of Boxcar Willie anywhere NEAR your sinuses!

morpheus282
05-11-2005, 12:15 AM
If anyone is in the Knoxville / Sevierville TN area, the Wal-Marts here seem to have a plethora of the gunner. There's a few dozen right by the entry. I didn't grab one as I'm trying to thin my collection out by at least half. For every one ROTS figure I buy, I'm going to put 3-5 of my old ones on eBay. If anyone needs anything, send me a PM and I'll let you know when it goes up for bid. One last thing, anything I put up for bid will be well below market value. Might even be below original retail value. I'm not a scalper, I'm just getting married. :D

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm not a scalper, I'm just getting married.

:eek: Even worse! LOL JK

Congrats! I have been happily married for 4 1/2 years now! It's tough work but worth it!

You wouldn't happen to have any non-animated MOMC Clone Wars figures would you. I still need Kit and Saesee. ;)

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Does this mean that we will be getting an AT-TE or does this figure serve another purpose (like the gunner position in the ARC-170)?

I have two Gunners. One is standing in the Gunship, holding his helmet and scarred w/ customized battle-damage. The other is instead occupying the gunner seat of my ARC-170. Makes sense right? Gunner in a gunner's seat. You can also mount him on the AT-RT. I'm guessing that's why the legs bend the way they do.

samskull
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM

There always seems to be a Bearded Dude or two to contend with during any good toy hunt. Dang Grizzly Adams gets all the goods before me too! He even snagged General Madine before my eyes (imagine that). First Spirit Obi-Wan, then Dodonna, then Madine...what's going on here!?:confused:

Strategist
05-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I was finally able to get 2 of these on amazon today around 3pm.

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 07:23 PM
His right shoulder paldron is removable, I found out. You can remove it to reveal the Imperial insignia. Also his legs are ball-jointed where they attach to the body. Kind of odd.I think you mean his left shoulder armor, not the shoulder pauldron over his right shoulder. The removable shoulder armor revealing the Imp insignia is a nifty little touch, I like the universal-jointed hips as well, far more dynamic possibilities than any other trooper figure. Too bad his arms are so poorly articulated.

The leg articulation is interesting - not sure why he needs to do a split. I got some pretty nifty stances out of it, very action-oriented and dynamic. Also, with uni-jointed hips he should be able to ride vehicles like the AT-RT, speederbike, and BARC speeder.

Yeah, Hasbro can even use back-stock of other lines like Xyber 9 like they did for Durge's Swoop Bike... What? Xyber 9 was done by Bandai and none of its vehicles look even remotely like Durge's Swoop, which was a 100% brand new sculpt. I have all the vehicles from that line in Action Fleet scale and all the bikes from figure scale.

Anyway, I found a lone AT-TE Gunner yesterday and bought it. The figure's left forearm falls off pretty easily, not sure why, but it holds its position and doesn't look damaged, so I'm not considering it broken, just a sloppy joint. I like how the helmet can go from regular to gunner design with the slip-over cover. I doubt I'll buy another of these though since he has no waist articulation or vehicle to use.

spang2005
05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
If I had more money, I'd really like to get a whole bunch of these and take of the shoulder thing and use them as regular clones. The one I have looks cool, but i think it'd be neat to have them just be regular clones w/ removable helmets.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 08:43 PM
This morning, my local Target had about 20+ AT-TE Tank Gunners with the promise of even more new stock arriving almost daily. I'm not saying this to rub it in by any means. With ROTS coming out next week (can you believe it???!!!!), I think the stores are going to go full-force (pardon the pun) with the merchandise. Anyone who hasn't found 37-44, patience. In a few days, I think 1-32 will be the HTF figures.

OK, maybe not that HTF, but the pegs will be bursting with the newest waves.

Fluke Skywalker
05-11-2005, 09:34 PM
#33-40 have hit big & I finally got the AT-TE gunner today.

First off, man that face! That blank, borderline derranged face! I'm going to super-glue his helmet on so I don't ever have to look at it again :dead:

morpheus282
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
:eek: Even worse! LOL JK

Congrats! I have been happily married for 4 1/2 years now! It's tough work but worth it!

You wouldn't happen to have any non-animated MOMC Clone Wars figures would you. I still need Kit and Saesee. ;)

Only have a couple of the clone wars figures, I think Yoda and Assajj. Most of my collection is pre-2000. I quit collecting seriously in early 2000 after a drunk driver left me shaken and my ride totally trashed. I'm going to go through the boxes they're packed away in this weekend and document everything. Is there anywhere on the site I can post the list?

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Hey, anybody know why the gunner's ankle joints are black on the top half? It doesn't look that nice, I was kinda hoping the idea was that this was a continuation of the body suit but really it doesn't work.

cerius
05-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Anyway, I found a lone AT-TE Gunner yesterday and bought it. The figure's left forearm falls off pretty easily, not sure why, but it holds its position and doesn't look damaged, so I'm not considering it broken, just a sloppy joint.

I had the same problem with the first gunner I opened. The second one seems to have a better joint.

tgr3328
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
My gunner is riding a little 1:18 scale Harley-Davidson motorcyle. He fits it rather well, but then, so does the #6 Trooper. I imagine the Clone Commander would also if I took off the kilt thing.

Clonetrooper1131
05-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Finally! After looking for about a month now, I found him at Target today. There was only one, and he was pushed to the back. It had looked like they just restocked.

Slicker
05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
I have still yet to find him in stores. I found 34-40 a plenty today sans this lil guy. No worries I'll get him eventually.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I had the same problem with the first gunner I opened. The second one seems to have a better joint.
Ah, good to know, thanks for posting. I was really wondering if I was just the singular recipient of bad luck. Now I know I'm not alone! :cry: ;) I wonder why this happened this way, it seems like Hasbro made the left and right elbows on different-diameter pegs and there was some issue on just the left arm with the top of the peg which flares out.

Clonetrooper1131
05-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Must have done something right. :D I went to another local Walmart and found both Wookie Warrior colors, plus about five or six AT-TE Gunners. Also Vader's Medical Droid, Polis Massan, and Mas Amedda.

Ric Olie
05-18-2005, 12:19 PM
I have seen every single figure except the AT-TE Gunner. My Walmart right now has about 5 of every figure while the Gunner is M.I.A. Isn't it ironic that the hardest to find figure is usually a clone?

AmanaMatt
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I have to say that of all the Clone Troopers that have hit, this is my least favorite - actually, I like all of them except this one.

* My major issue: the arm pose is awful - why a preposed look when they have just released excellent articulated arms for the others (#6, #41).

* While the head is actually pretty nice, it has a goofy look to it - look at the back of the box. Wow! That is a real nice sculpt and the mouth is closed and the eyes do not have that 'I am a zombie' look as the final production one has. I did use this fig's parts and its accessories to customize my own gunner using a #6 Clone that looks way better than Hasbro's - Is the production head a different one than the proto? Kinda seems that way - at least in the mouth area.

* this fig, like the Target exclusive, has an off white armor look. When you put them near the others, it kinda stands out. I wish Hasbro would pick one shade for all the white figs.

Bottom line for me: this fig, and mostly due to the head and accessories: such as the helmet and weapons, is more of a customizer's fig to use to break down its parts. I wish Hasbro would give us a 'make your own clone' kinda set - with interchangeable armor pieces and the like.

eshulmire
05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I have been lucky at walmart i found twelve i picked up 2 .Seen them more often on the weekends .We should have a group that trades figuers online so that everybody gets a chance to find one.

CaptainSolo1138
05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
We should have a group that trades figuers online so that everybody gets a chance to find one.Ummm......http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

JediTricks
05-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Ummm......http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171
or... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

kool-aid killer
05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
LOL at the quote box in CaptainSolo1138's post.

Amanamatt mentions the tank gunners face and i too think he has a goofy look to him when compared to the face we see on the back of the card. The figure looks like he has a "Where the H-E-double hockey sticks am i?" look to his face. My limited experience with this figure has lead me to conclude that he doesnt hold his guns very well, am i just putting them in the wrong hands or do other people also have this problem?

JediTricks
05-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Mine held its larger blaster ok even though the left arm keeps coming out when I try to change the pose, I haven't even bothered with the biker scout pistol though.

Kidhuman
05-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Slicker, if you read this I got you one. Check your PM's

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't care how goofy he looks, I still want 2 and can't find any. :cry:

beckmen
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
With a total of 7 clones (two #6s, one #41, one ART-TE gunner, two Commanders and a Target clone) I think I have enough, so I passed up a AT-TE Gunner that I saw in WM today.

Hang in there, Wesley. You'll find him.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I hope so. My quest for the AT-TE Gunner has been a day late & a dollar short on several occasions. I have been to several stores only to find the remnants of the Gunner wave (Vader's Medical Droid, Polis Massan, Mas Amedda). Does anyone know how many Gunners were packed in a case?

kool-aid killer
05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I dont know how many came to a case but they seem to be hanging around longer over here, just today i seen quite a few of them. I think most people are focusing more on the SA Clone now than the tank gunner.

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Wes, the first shipment had one per case. Tonight I saw cases that had 2 per case. He is out there, just keep looking. Try hitting WM around midnight if they are 24 hours, and rip the cases open. Check the case asst thread for the wave and revision numbers on the outside of the box. wave 2 revision 4 with look like this: W2R4 on the box, so check it out.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Thanks kid, I will have my buddy that works in the Toy Dept. @ WM to keep his eyes out for that case #.

Slicker
05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
Slicker, if you read this I got you one. Check your PM'sThanks KH, much appreciated.

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Wes, dont know for sure if that is the exact case, just check the case asst's. in the thread they are listed.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Wes, dont know for sure if that is the exact case, just check the case asst's. in the thread they are listed.

Have you seen the case assortment for the next wave?

SW Episode III Collection 2, Wave 4

1x Count Dooku (EIII #13),
1x Bail Organa (EIII #15),
1x Padmé (EIII #19),
1x Mon Mothma (EIII #24),
1x Vader's Medical Droid (EIII #37),
1x Polis Maasan (EIII #39),
2x Tarkin (EIII #45),
2x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46),
2x Mon Calamri Senator (EIII #47)

Why is Hasbro not packing more AT-TE Gunners in this wave? It makes no sense.

Kidhuman
05-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Wes, Wave 5 has 2 more per case along with Royal Guards...

SW Episode III Collection 2, Wave 5

1x Royal Guard (EIII #23),
2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (EIII #38),
3x Utapaun Warrior (EIII #53),
3x Captain Antilles (EIII #51),
3x Zett Jukassa (Tado) (EIII #52)

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Wes, Wave 5 has 2 more per case along with Royal Guards...

SW Episode III Collection 2, Wave 5

1x Royal Guard (EIII #23),
2x AT-TE Tank Gunner (EIII #38),
3x Utapaun Warrior (EIII #53),
3x Captain Antilles (EIII #51),
3x Zett Jukassa (Tado) (EIII #52)

Nice case assortment. Maybe if I haven't found any by then, I might just purchase an entire case from somewhere.