PDA

View Full Version : Best way to open Early Bird package?

Jedi
04-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I just received my Walmart Early Bird package by way of UPS. I'm going to open it up to get the certificate and other stuff out. Nevertheless, I want to minimize the amount of "damage" done to that exterior plastic shell. Any tips on how to open it without too much destruction?

Thank you,
Jedi :D

samskull
04-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I opened mine at the bottom - but then again I gutted it like a fish. No need to be neat about it - coupons in the mail already! Good luck.

Darth Alex
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Re: Best way to open Early Bird package?
With a VERY LARGE SAW!
Seriously, I cut myself on the plastic cuz it's so sharp and this is probably the 400th time I've done that sort of thing.
I'd use wire cutters if you don't want to break a cheaper pair of scissors.
If you want it open ..."without too much destruction?"....good luck. This thing is packaged to survive a war.

Darthmarc
04-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Re: Best way to open Early Bird package?
With a VERY LARGE SAW!
Seriously, I cut myself on the plastic cuz it's so sharp and this is probably the 400th time I've done that sort of thing.
I'd use wire cutters if you don't want to break a cheaper pair of scissors.
If you want it open ..."without too much destruction?"....good luck. This thing is packaged to survive a war.

I bought 2. Hacked through the tops on both of them. The EB Certs exterior is mint. Definetly made to keep kids from easy stealing...

JEDIpartner
04-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I went through the soft underbelly as well.

Darth Vader 2005
04-06-2005, 06:25 PM
I went through the top with large knife.I bought 2 one to keep and one to send off so it didn`t matter what the shell ended up looking like on the first one.Can`t hardly wait till the figures arrive,but I must.

Veers
04-06-2005, 06:53 PM
I just ripped my open. I mailed my envelope out today. Look forward to getting those 4 figs. :)

ronhudy
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I just ripped my open. I mailed my envelope out today. Look forward to getting those 4 figs. :)

Same with my son...we just cut it open with a knife...plastic packaging already went out with Monday's trash pickup.

dwall16294
04-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Check before you cut it up. I was able to pop apart one side and most of the top (no glue) and slide the cardboard out. I got the stuff out and then put the cardboard right back in the plastic. You can't even really tell it was opened.

moulman
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Jeese, youd figure that if your paying 30 bucks for an empty box, they could at least make it easy to open:confused:

Lord Malakite
04-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Don't have one of these, but I can certainly relate to your predicament. Nintendo uses the same type packaging for most of its products. I'm just happy they stopped using it for memory cards. lol

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
I have yet to open mine. I will try to go through the sides, if not, I will try going up through the bottom. Should do this soon, otherwise I might forget, and eventually the deadline will pass, and two days after I will remember I never mailed off for the set.

Fluke Skywalker
04-07-2005, 04:06 AM
I haven't gotten mine yet (Supposed to arrive this coming Mon.) but I had planned to try using an exacto knife. Maybe try seperating the glue at the closure point. I guess I'll have to wait until I see it up close. I don't care as much about the plastic as I do not damaging the stuff inside while I'm opening it.