PDA

View Full Version : YODA #26 Spinning Attack - sticker on back

thementalmosher
04-06-2005, 04:33 PM
My figure has a sticker on the back of the card. Its step #1 and #2 how to do the action move. Do all yodas have this sticker or is it just the first batch ??? :confused:

thementalmosher
04-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Am I the only one that has this figure then ????:confused:

hango fett
04-07-2005, 07:12 AM
yep. your the only person in the world who has the spinning yoda :rolleyes:
i have it and it says nothing about steps on it.
HF

thementalmosher
04-07-2005, 07:22 AM
yep. your the only person in the world who has the spinning yoda :rolleyes:
i have it and it says nothing about steps on it.
HF

I don't mean am I the only person with the spinning Yoda figure:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
..I mean..... am I one of the very few that has this sticker on the back of the card ???................In other words have I got a variant ??? Do all Yodas have the sticker stuck on or are they all just printed on the back.......What do other people have ????:frus:

HighLordDave
04-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Since you started this thread, I've been checking the spinning Yoda figures and none of the ones I've seen have a sticker on the back.

thementalmosher
04-07-2005, 09:26 AM
:eek: :eek: really ??? cool. I must have a variant then! I'm going take a photo and put a link on so you guys can see it.

HighLordDave
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd like to see what the sticker looks like.

JEDIpartner
04-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm so excited. There's pee all over the place. :rolleyes:

thementalmosher
04-07-2005, 07:20 PM
As promised here are some pics of my yoda figure.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y2.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y3.jpg

I bought this figure from TOYSRUS and they had about 8 that all had these stickers on them. Anyone else have one like it ????

Dark Annie
04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Nope. I dont have a sticker on mine. I have not seen any with stickers at any of my local stores. Im not into to variants so i wont go lookin for one.

betterthanfett
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
No sticker on mine either...I'll have to look for one like that. Good find!

potf2x
04-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Is that sticker on a Tri-Logo or Euro card? The reason i'm asking is because i noticed the link you provided is from the UK....also ever since you mentioned this variant i've been hunting one down. Well today alone i've gone through well over 100 #26 Yoda's between 1-Kmart, 3-TRU's, 4-Targets, and 10-Walmarts, and i didn't see any stickers on any of them. :(

thementalmosher
04-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Is that sticker on a Tri-Logo or Euro card? The reason i'm asking is because i noticed the link you provided is from the UK....also ever since you mentioned this variant i've been hunting one down. Well today alone i've gone through well over 100 #26 Yoda's between 1-Kmart, 3-TRU's, 4-Targets, and 10-Walmarts, and i didn't see any stickers on any of them. :(

Yes I am in the UK (England) and yes I bought this in TRU here in the UK. However it is on a U.S Card. All the Star Wars Merch TRU gets is the U.S stuff. They stopped getting any TRI-LOGO carded figures since the POTF2 line about 6 years ago!

I think this figure is going to be very rare because I went back down TRU yesterday and all of the Spinning Yodas they had DID NOT have the sticker on!

The Yoda I have I got at the Midnight Madness last week and as I said before, they only had 8 of them with the sticker!

I think I may have to hunt around for more of these gems.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 07:24 AM
I looked atover 20 and didnt find one. Nice find.

thementalmosher
04-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I just got back from my "Yoda #26 - with Sticker" search.

Went to 3 different TRU's here in the UK.

I must of went through 100+ Yoda's.
But it was worth it because I found another 3 of them!!!!

Further more...... upon my return home I received an email from a collector friend in Hong Kong (who I asked to check the Yoda #26 figure for the sticker).
He informed me that the TRU in Hong kong had plenty of Yoda#26 and some with stickers on!

The ones with sticklers on where found right at the back of the pegs
and the newer stock (figures at the front) didn't seem to have stickers

So by the seems of things the Yoda's with the stickers were found only on the first batches.

ronhudy
04-08-2005, 12:01 PM
It's kind of odd how the put the sticker over the images of the other figures in the collection...

Bantha274
04-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I believe they put the "How To Make Yoda Spin" instruction stickers only on foreign figures. They blocked out the images of the other figures because in exchange for getting detailed instructions on how to make Yoda spin/dance like Michael Jackson, you will not be getting those blocked out figures in your area.
:rolleyes:

thementalmosher
04-08-2005, 03:22 PM
I believe they put the "How To Make Yoda Spin" instruction stickers only on foreign figures. They blocked out the images of the other figures because in exchange for getting detailed instructions on how to make Yoda spin/dance like Michael Jackson, you will not be getting those blocked out figures in your area.
:rolleyes:

Not the case my friend because:cool: .

1: The sticker is covering figures #27 OBI-WAN (Jedi Kick), #28 ANAKIN (Slashing Attack) and #29 KI-ADI-MUNDI. All of these figures are near peg warmers in my local ToysRus (well, Ki-Adi not so much but still available none the less!).

and

2: I must of searched through 100+ #26 Yodas today. None of them (accept the ones I got) had the sticker on. So here in the UK there have been both versions. (With sticker and without)

and my friend in Hong Kong found both versions there:D .

Im just surprised :eek: that no one has reported a "with sticker" version in the good old USA yet!

Maybe these are that rare that they are only found on the first few batches of figs thus why sightings in the UK and Hong Kong so far. I dunno ?????

Heres he pics again:) :

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y2.jpg (http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y2.jpg)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y3.jpg (http://members.lycos.co.uk/thementalmosheruk/y3.jpg)

potf2x
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Like you said it maybe just a few cases that got the stickers and those case just so happened to be bound for other countries. A good example is the Leia Boushh .01 variant from the POTF2 line up where only mainland Europe countries got them (Germany in perticular).

thementalmosher
04-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Like you said it maybe just a few cases that got the stickers and those case just so happened to be bound for other countries. A good example is the Leia Boushh .01 variant from the POTF2 line up where only mainland Europe countries got them (Germany in perticular).

Exactly!!!! Thats what I'm thinking too!

Hey......I was lucky enough to pick up a purple carded Leia Boushh with Coll 1 back in the day! Still have it on display!!!;)