PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Cantina 2-packs!!

Beast
01-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Found this news over at Rebelscum, decided to pass it on. This is great news for me, I always wanted Kitik Keed'kak and new versions of old favories we've not seen since 1997 sounds great. (Though I hope they ditch Greedo and give us somthing else.)

Rebel Spy: Cantina 2 Packs
Mike: Fans craving classic offerings for 2002 need not fret. Our Bothan spies report that Hasbro is planning two action figure sets based on the classic Mos Eisley cantina scene from Star Wars: A New Hope. Each set will include two alien figures, which are reportedly resculpted versions of Greedo, Ponda Baba (Walrus Man), Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead), and a first time release of the insectoid creature Kitik Keed'kak (Click here for an image of the Decipher CCG card) (http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/premiere/dark/large/kitikkeedkak.html). The sets come with a cantina background mini-scene that will assumedly connect together to make a larger playset. These will be packaged in a large blister card similar to the old POTF2 FX figures. Cantina scenes are certainly a tried and true concept since the vintage line, one that should be a hit with collectors and appeal to target market consumers alike (i.e. fans jumping onboard for AOTC and that infamous 4 letter word for collectors....KIDS.).

We'll definitely update you on these as we learn more. Same Scum Time, Same Scum Channel... (Note: None of these items are officially confirmed by Hasbro, so the usual caveat emptor applies.)

Wolfwood319
01-07-2002, 02:35 PM
I really really really hope this is true.

Although I would personally rather have different characters chosen, the concept itself has restored some of my faith in Hasbro.

I've been wanting a Kitik figure since 95'. I too would get rid of greedo, and give us someone else. If they want us to have another Ponda Boba, why don't they give us a new, accurate, sculpt of Dr. Evazan.

I hope we get more than just two 2-packs though, this sounds like a really good idea. It'd be a great way to get even more cantina patrons.

evenflow
01-07-2002, 02:40 PM
Damn, you beat me to it. I was just going to post that. I think it is great news if it is true. It would be cool if they were all new figures, but if we get at least Kitik, good enough i guess.

Jargo
01-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Wolfy, you missed the part about the sectional backdrop/playset that comes with the pairs. While i think this is an excellent idea in principle it brings up again the question of articulation. Are these simply more 25th anniversary packs in one pose scenes intended for display only? Is this just an old story of ideas being bounced around Hasbro HQ that will never see the light of day?
I'd be very cautios of reacting strongly to this either in the positive or negative until Hasbro bring up the subject themselves or we see some kind of hardcopy proof. But I'm leaning toward planned stage only on this . Or the thought that these are display only 25th anniversary packs.

Nice idea though if they were just ordinary articulated figures, resculpts of the POTF2 figures with better detail and more accurate scale. I agree that we have the commtech Gredo to satisfy us so leave him and give us a decent Dr. Evazan to do justice to Alfie Curtis' performance and characterisation. The POTF2 Evazan is monstrously innacurate and horribly posed.
But this would be such a lovely way of getting the cantina denizens most of us want so badly.

Please hasbro IF this is true and you ARE planning on releasing the cantina creatures as 2-packs, do them justice and don't make them one pose wonders, The message is coming in loud and clear that nobody likes the one pose figures. :)

JediCole
01-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I for one am quite hopeful that this is true! Though like others, I see no need to remake Greedo, the CommTech version was perfect as it stood. To have that great praying mantis at last is worth the trip if it is true, and a corrected Momaw Nadon is long overdue. As well as Ponda Boba. I also agree that we need a new Dr. Evezan far more than a new Greedo. Not to mention the necessity for other Cantina denezens, such as the intreped Tonnika Sisters, Gotal, Hem Dazon, and others. And a resculpted Wuhur! But perhaps this is just the tip of the iceburg for a projected Cantina series. Different figure two-packs could include components to make up the counter, the still arrays, alcoves and tables of the Cantina. Buy all of the sets and build a playset/display over time. I am just speculating at this point, and hopeful.

Also, all of us who want to see more of this, or to see such a thing at all if this is only a rumor, should go to the Dear Hasbro forum and make our voices heard!

jedi-cpa
01-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Just what I need, another Greedo, another Hammerhead, andother Walrusman.

Great, NOT!!!

Here's an idea, Rieken, Madine, Veers...

Or here's an idea, instead of resculpting another figure, how about running a second round of Target exclusives, or a first run of Eopie's.

Hasbro still is missing the boat.

SirSteve
01-07-2002, 03:16 PM
"if" it is true... I cannot count the times they have said this and that was going to be released and it never happened...

I just hate seeing the fans disappointed when it doesn't happen.

moshmothma
01-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Yeah, and how about a General Dodonna? Been waiting for him forerver!

Beast
01-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Dodonna is on the possible list for next year according to the list I saw, it broke next years figures down by movie and said ANH: "Rebel Officer", so it's either General Dodonna or Capt. Antillies. Frankly I want both, but for now I'll take Dodonna over Antillies. :)

Fulit
01-07-2002, 03:36 PM
Boo! I am so sick of resculpts. What's wrong with Ponda Baba? And how many Greedos do we need? Ah, well, I just won't buy it then. Hmph! :frus:

SirSteve
01-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Dodonna is on the possible list for next year according to the list I saw, it broke next years figures down by movie and said ANH: "Rebel Officer", so it's either General Dodonna or Capt. Antillies. Frankly I want both, but for now I'll take Dodonna over Antillies. :)

I can make my own list of "possible" characters/vehicles to be made. I'll start with every character not made yet.

;)

Beast
01-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Boo! I am so sick of resculpts. What's wrong with Ponda Baba? And how many Greedos do we need? Ah, well, I just won't buy it then. Hmph! :frus:

I don't see Greedo being in the finished packs, I expect Hasbro to give us one rescult/one all new figure per pack. The new Ponda Baba could be a less buff sculpt, and have a removable arm.

As for who replaces Greedo, well there has been rumors of an Hem Dazon figure. So thats the most likely possibility in my mind. I wouldn't mind a new version of Momaw Nadon though, sounds sweet. Let's just hope it's true, and that Hasbro decides to do more then just the two.

Beast
01-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

I can make my own list of "possible" characters/vehicles to be made. I'll start with every character not made yet.

;)

Yes, but this list also had all the correct figures for the Episode II line listed, so I am inclined to believe as more then just a made up list. It was posted recently over at one of the german collector sites but Hasbro requested it's removal, thankfully I saved a copy. :)

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Oh so close. I was hoping for some creatures not done yet. Oh well. I only want Kitik or however you spell the praying mantiss's name. I just don't want ANOTHER Greedo, Walrus Man, or Hammerhead. I know the other versions of Walrus Man and Hammerhead were not perfect but they are fine with me.

Perhaps this will lead to creation of the Tonnika Sisters, Gotal, Hem Dazon, Saurin, Arcona, Pipe Smoker. I hope so anyway. But more than likely the 2 packs will sit and sit and sit and sit and sit on the shelves. Then the powers that be at Hasbro will come to this conclusion "Golly gee. I guess fans don't want any cantina characters like they said they did. Guess we had better cancel the cantina 2 packs. Agreed? Yes, agreed."

By the way I do hope the 3 generals finally get realeased as well - Dodonna, Riekaan, Madine and Captain Antilles.

Rollo Tomassi
01-07-2002, 05:21 PM
A guide to fan reaction:

1. We hear a rumor about new product and get excited.

2. Hasbro confirms it and we get more excited.

3. There are photos of the unpainted prototypes and we gripe a little and hope the final product looks better.

4. We see final product photos online and notice little things that bother us but we hope once we get it in our hands it will be awesome.

5. We hear they are being found in other parts of the country and we get our expectations up because we really, really want one!

6. We finally get one, complain about the price, realize it's just a little hunk of plastic, and gripe about all it's faults.

7. See #1....

Dear Hasbro. We said NO reculpts, not MORE resculpts....If you want to toss out a few Cantina 2-packs, fill them up with NEW figures, not rehashed old ones. Tonnika sisters. Hem Dazon. Danik Jeriko. I already have a Momow "hammerhead" Nadon action figure. I don't need two. I already have two Ponda "walrusman" Baba figures. I don't need three.

I feel as if our pleas fall on deaf ears. Is Hasbro hiring? I think if I get in there, I can turn things around...

SirSteve
01-07-2002, 05:25 PM
A guide to fan reaction:

2. Hasbro does not confirm it and fans get excited.

3. There are never photos.

4. We never see final product photos online.

5. See #1....

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Ha! Ha! I am just responding to the news. It's kind of fun to speculate and get excited even if it is just a rumor.

SirSteve
01-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Ok, I'll turn this site into a rumor site...

;)

JediCole
01-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Well, since there is at least a rumor that Cantina Two-Packs are in the works, I felt it would be best for us all to voice our thoughts and opinions here. If you have not seen the news, it was reported in another forum that Hasbro is (reportedly) planning two "Cantina Two-Packs", complete with backdrop accessories which fit together. The planned figures are resculpts of Greedo, Ponda Boba, and Momaw Nadon, plus the long awaited Kitik Keed Kak (the praying mantis of Mos Eisley).

Okay, if this report is true, the point of this thread is to have a place for we, the fans, to voice our thoughts on the planned sets and which other characters we would love to see. It may be too late to change some of the plans, but perhaps we can help nudge Hasbro in the right direction for future releases in this format.

I personally think that there is no need for yet another Greedo, but a new Ponda Boba and Momaw Nadon are welcome, especially if they offer more accurate scale, sculpting, and jointed knees (especially for the seated Hammerhead). Kitik Keed Kak is very welcome and I am pleased to see that Hasbro might well be planning one. But as resculpts go, a corrected, ACCURATE Dr. Evezan is much more needed than another Greedo, as many on the other thread have expressed. I have a grocery list of other Cantina denizens that I'd love to see, but will add that list to this thread later. Thoughts? Suggestions? Let's let Hasbro know how we feel and what we want to see!

JediCole
01-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Ok, I'll turn this site into a rumor site...

;)

Well, rumor or no, it is an exciting concept. If it is not something genuinely on the table at Hasbro, it SHOULD be. In this spirit, I have started a thread about this rumor/projected figure line in the "Dear Hasbro" section. If this is true and in the works, then Hasbro should know how we feel, what we want and don't want from such a project. If it is just another rumor that gets our hopes up, then we need to let Hasbro know it is a project we can get excited about and get behind with our money. Either way, it is a good thing to discuss in the section most likely seen by those in the know at Hasbro!

Tycho
01-07-2002, 06:03 PM
I'd just buy the set with the preying mantis alien Klitak (or whatever he's called).

I'd rather have him with other never-before-made characters, but if it's one of the Greedos, Pondas, or Momaws, they are useful for E2 scenes we will want to create, or Galactic Senate scenes.

You know many people who want Captain Antilles (like myself) have suggested a 3 pack, 2 pack or whatever - with Darth Vader in it. You don't know how much I oppose this! I want to make my Captain Antilles command my blockade runner I built myself. I don't need any one-pose-wonder from the scene where Vader is choking him. I might have him defending his ship with a blaster.

The conclusion is, it is better to go for single carded figures than 2 packs or 3 packs in many cases. Think about that before you go on about CS or Anniversary 2 pack ideas.

Lord Tenebrous
01-07-2002, 06:12 PM
And in the final phase, they scrap everything and make another deluxe figure: Kitik Keed'kak with Dice Ibegon

Everybody wins! ;)

Tycho
01-07-2002, 06:15 PM
That's a great idea. You're not just teasing us with another rumor I hope?

I want your job application in to Hasbro in Rhode Island by Monday, ok? No arguments. We need your help evidently.

Lord Tenebrous
01-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Teasing? Of course not, I just figured that Dice was the only figure Hasbro could quickly churn out - how hard can a bloody sock be to mold?

I'm not a spy, just a theorist.

mylow thehutt
01-07-2002, 07:06 PM
:) how about that alien that looks like the guy in scream,i forgot his name but i have been wating for that for all time.:)

mylow thehutt
01-07-2002, 07:14 PM
:) ok whos Hens dozen?Hay maby that dig blue droid outside of the cantina,or wislona:)

Obi-Don
01-07-2002, 07:20 PM
This would be great,but I'm with everyone on this.We don't need redos of the figures. The ones we have are OK. We need new ones,there were many characters in the cantina and I for one would like to see them made.

Lord Tenebrous
01-07-2002, 07:41 PM
For those who don't know Doikk from Shada, here's a nice archive of the patrons of the Mos Eisley Cantina, with descriptions:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/index.htm

And for those who want to venture into shadier terrain, here's the scum from Anchorhead:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina2/index.htm

bigbarada
01-07-2002, 08:38 PM
I sincerely hope this is true; but fear it might get shoved into the limbo the Pod Racer 2-Packs are sitting in now.

I for one would be happy to see a new Greedo, Walrusman and Hammerhead with the level of paint detail that we saw on the Duro.

JediCole
01-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:) how about that alien that looks like the guy in scream,i forgot his name but i have been wating for that for all time.:)

Elis Helrot is the buy you are thinking of in this case. Back in the 70's, had Kenner made this figure, he would have been known as "Scream Face".

stillakid
01-07-2002, 08:58 PM
I just as soon see them all. How can you choose one and leave out another? They have the technology...we have the money...make 'em all!

Jargo
01-07-2002, 10:08 PM
I think hasbro have pretty much gathered that we want the figures of the cantina patrons, that's why they *allegedly* have something planned to try to appease the hungry fans.

I'd rather they didn't resculpt any of the figures we already have right now, I'd prefer to see something new and bold. Sectional interlocking cantina playset is right out of Rollo Tomassi world, has he been spreading rumours? ;) it's a nice thought, It's a nice dream, I'm not going to pin any hopes on seeing these.

But........

Hem Dazon and Bom Vimdim,
Dannik Jerikko and Rycar Ryjerd
Brea Tonnika and Hr'chek Kal Fas
Feltipern trevag and Miiyoom Onith
Elis helrot and Leesub Sirin
Kitik Keed'kak and Solomahal
Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan
Reegesk and Djas Puhr
Momaw Nadon and Bannis Keeg
Brainee and Dice Ibegon
Danz Borin and Senni Tonnika
Garouf lafoe and Saittor Kal Fas
Yerka Mig and Lirin C'arn
Myo and Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt and Mosep

but only if you feel you simply must release cantina patron 2-packs......... :D

Jayspawn
01-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Stormtrooper figure packs! Cantina figure packs! Wohoo!

(not if only Hasbro would re-make all the Episode II figures because they suck)

Jayspawn
01-08-2002, 12:30 AM
They should make them all!

Bring it on Hasbro!!!

stillakid
01-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I think hasbro have pretty much gathered that we want the figures of the cantina patrons, that's why they *allegedly* have something planned to try to appease the hungry fans.

I'd rather they didn't resculpt any of the figures we already have right now, I'd prefer to see something new and bold. Sectional interlocking cantina playset is right out of Rollo Tomassi world, has he been spreading rumours? ;) it's a nice thought, It's a nice dream, I'm not going to pin any hopes on seeing these.

But........

Hem Dazon and Bom Vimdim,
Dannik Jerikko and Rycar Ryjerd
Brea Tonnika and Hr'chek Kal Fas
Feltipern trevag and Miiyoom Onith
Elis helrot and Leesub Sirin
Kitik Keed'kak and Solomahal
Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan
Reegesk and Djas Puhr
Momaw Nadon and Bannis Keeg
Brainee and Dice Ibegon
Danz Borin and Senni Tonnika
Garouf lafoe and Saittor Kal Fas
Yerka Mig and Lirin C'arn
Myo and Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt and Mosep

but only if you feel you simply must release cantina patron 2-packs......... :D

Holy smokes. I'll bet that Lucas himself has no idea that those things listed above were in his movie. Where on earth did you dig up those names? Is there a hidden secret list or some trading cards or something somewhere?:sur:

hamsterboy
01-08-2002, 01:35 AM
The way I see it,it's astart. Maybe,just maybe they will make others.(won't hold my breath)

jedibear
01-08-2002, 02:31 AM
...not that it's a bad idea (& the only thing that really gives the rumor credibility is that the sets would be filled with resculpts...ANOTHER Greedo? What...the "I'm thinking about shooting first but I better ask the fans first" version?...Shhessh)

I'd rather see the return of the cinema scenes...another "cantina aliens" set with all new characters that haven't been done yet would be nice.....

JEDIpartner
01-08-2002, 09:59 AM
Some EU fanboy made up half of those names and Lucas basically said, "Yeah. Okay. Whatever."

There weren't any names for many of those characters unless they were mentioned on screen.

:p

LTBasker
01-08-2002, 10:12 AM
They're from like the CCG card game and stuff. I'd like to see them but something like would take up a lot of shelf space and alot of those sets would probably never sell and so we'd be left in the dust on trying to get the rest.

Originally posted by: JediCole
Elis Helrot is the buy you are thinking of in this case. Back in the 70's, had Kenner made this figure, he would have been known as "Scream Face".

Actually it would've probably of been Ghost face because that's the true name of the scream character's costume.

Jargo
01-08-2002, 10:13 AM
I got some of the names from the huge Chronicles book. others from the visual dictionary and others from the official site. I don't make the stuff up.

Using the names that are more commonly used in the EU *spits with disgust* to identify the characters simply allows for easier identification when talking about them. I certainly don't buy the character bios for these background aliens and humans.

It's easier to call 'the guy at the bar with a big smoking pipe in his mouth and a smashed up pigs nose' by the name Dannik Jerikko, for example.

I certainly wouldn't entertain all the decipher trading cards though because you'd be there forever trying to work out what they made up and what was actually in the movie.

I go on movie stills for reference and then seek the most common name for the character. simple.

Question - will Hasbro be doing this for Jabba's palace do you think?

JediCole
01-08-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
They're from like the CCG card game and stuff. I'd like to see them but something like would take up a lot of shelf space and alot of those sets would probably never sell and so we'd be left in the dust on trying to get the rest.

Actually it would've probably of been Ghost face because that's the true name of the scream character's costume.

A valid point from a modern standpoint, however, the movie "Scream" did not exist in 1977, nor would it for over a decade, so there would be no "ghost face" reference. However, the movie "Scream" takes the design of the Ghost Face mask (in part) from Edvard Munch's 1893 tempra and pastel on board image, "The Scream", an imaged that has inspired much variation, including use of the image in a commercial for Glade Plug-Ins and even a novelty inflatable figure! Since "The Scream", produced in 1893 after Munch's mother died from bleeding to death, predates Star Wars (and even George Lucas' birth and the founding of Kenner Toys), the more likely name would have been "Scream Face".

Also, thanks to Jargo for doing all the footwork for me in producing not only a list of characters, but some nice pairings as well.

evenflow
01-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
A guide to fan reaction:

2. Hasbro confirms it and we get more excited.

3. There are photos of the unpainted prototypes and we gripe a little and hope the final product looks better.

4. We see final product photos online and notice little things that bother us but we hope once we get it in our hands it will be awesome.

5. We hear they are being found in other parts of the country and we get our expectations up because we really, really want one!

6. We finally get one, complain about the price, realize it's just a little hunk of plastic, and gripe about all it's faults.

7. See #1....

Dear Hasbro. We said NO reculpts, not MORE resculpts....If you want to toss out a few Cantina 2-packs, fill them up with NEW figures, not rehashed old ones. Tonnika sisters. Hem Dazon. Danik Jeriko. I already have a Momow "hammerhead" Nadon action figure. I don't need two. I already have two Ponda "walrusman" Baba figures. I don't need three.

I feel as if our pleas fall on deaf ears. Is Hasbro hiring? I think if I get in there, I can turn things around...

Now that funny, sad, and true.

I think the new insect is cool news if we get it. I want new characters done too, but you have to expect resulpts. (I guess) It would not bother me if we were getting the insect and Ponda Baba in one pack and HammerHead w/ say Hem Dazon in another. One new, one resculpt works for me. No need for a new Greedo.

Man In The Box
01-08-2002, 02:35 PM
I hope they have a Ponda Bab with a removable arm even though I have mmy own custom version. I hope these come out this summer while I'm in the states. We dont get ANY SW stuff on base anymore. There has never been a POTJ fig I've been able to buy, because AAFES(the company who riuns the toy store on base's among other things) decidedf not to order anything SW again because of the Ep.1 pegwarmer disaster. This is prolly the main reason why I dont really collect anymore. Hopefully this well change with AOTC.

Either way when I go to the US this summer I'm gonna be racking up all the POTJ junk I've been hearing about but missing out on for the last two+ years.

JediCole
01-08-2002, 03:17 PM
If you need help with Jargo's list, there are websites (one is referenced in the thread that spawned this one in the Power of the Jedi section) that are a great character name databases. Also, www.decipher.com has great images of their CCG cards with names and brief bios (but I feel the same about the bios as others). For a less visual reference:

- Hem Dazon - The first Cantina alien you see on film. Glittery eyes, anvil shaped head.
- Bom Vimdim - Human-like face with a single horn in the middle, also round, solid black eyes.
- Dannik Jerikko - As pointed out here, the pipe-smoking guy with the weird nose.
- Rycar Ryjerd - Human dwarf with white hair and moustache.
- Brea Tonnika - Human female with beehive hairdoo, accompanied by an almost identical female.
- Hr'check Kal Fas - Reptilian similar to Bossk, one of two at the bar.
- Feltipern Trevag - A Gotal, has two horns and a beard. Seen laughing in the Cantina scene.
- Miiyoom Onith - One of the more unusual creatures, dark green head with tiny eyes and a long, thin snout. Also has a row of horns on the top of the head. Seen seated with Feltipern.
- Elis Helrot - The oft discussed "Scream" guy.
- Leesub Sirin - Humanoid female with a bulbous, balding head and a braid of hair thrown over the front of her forehead.
- Kitik Keed'kak - Well, you know who this is!
- Solomahal - a.k.a. Hare Mouse. A creature that looks like a cross between a rabbit and a mouse (hence the name). The mask was also used on Bespin for one of two creatures there.
- Ponda Baba - "Walrus Man", you know.
- Dr. Evezan - Friend of Ponda Baba and much in need of an accurate resculpt.
- Reegesk - Hooded rat-like creature seen briefly after the fight in the Cantina.
- Djas Puhr - Jet black, bald humanoid with pointed ears.
- Mormaw Nadon - "Hammerhead", as we know. Also could use an accurate resculpt.
- Bannis Keeg - The second Duros, like Elorrs Madak.
- Brainee - a.k.a. Brainiac, this is the guy with the huge, exposed brain looking head.
- Dice Ibegon - The snake-like puppet that looks at Lak Sivrak or Ketwol, depending on which version you are watching at the time.
- Danz Borin - Human spacer in a white and black suit, seen wearing his helmet which looks like a space helmet.
- Senni Tonnika - See Brea Tonnika above.
- Garouf LaFoe - The human who alerts the Stormtroopers outside the Cantina after Ben dispatches Evezan and Ponda.
- Saittor Kal Fas - The other Bossk-like, reptilian guy.
- Yerka Mig - Human male, wears a dark green/black jacket with white highlights.
- Lirin C'arn - The Bith (like the Cantina Band) that is seated at a table and not in the band.
- Myo - Green, scaly cyclops with white sideburns.
- Trinto Duaba - Humanoid with a bald head and sunken eyes, has a hood.
- Tzizvvt - "The Fly", basically a fly-headed alien in a silver suit.
- Mosep - A walrus or seal faced alien with long whiskers on either side of his face, rather pink colored skin. Also seen outside the Cantina, just as Luke and Ben approach Docking Bay 94.

And...strangely absent from Jargo's list:

- Arleil Schous - The other "wolfman" of the Cantina, removed from the Special Edition. He was the one with glowing eyes.
- Melas - The foppish hat wearing, pipe smoking lizard that replaces Arleil Schous.
- Het Nkik - The Jawa of the Cantina crowd, could come with a cup and perhaps a holsterable blaster. Plus articulated legs for sitting?
- Swila Corey - A human female seen briefly in the crowd.
And of course a Wuhur resculpt without a permanant cup in his hand and perhaps articulated elbows would be ideal.

Jargo
01-08-2002, 03:35 PM

- Arleil Schous - The other "wolfman" of the Cantina, removed from the Special Edition. He was the one with glowing eyes.

*I never liked that wolfman so I left him off my list. Also I didn't know his name.*

- Melas - The foppish hat wearing, pipe smoking lizard that replaces Arleil Schous.

*I must admit, I completely forgot about old Melas, just Ketwols head turned backwards and a fancy turban.*

- Het Nkik - The Jawa of the Cantina crowd, could come with a cup and perhaps a holsterable blaster. Plus articulated legs for sitting?

*Jawas is jawas and there's other patrons I'd like to see first, so I left this one off as we already have four seperate Jawa sculpts.*

- Swila Corey - A human female seen briefly in the crowd.

*Would this be the one that Han was smooching with in the alternate cut of the Cantina? Dark haired and dark outfit? Yeah, another female would be cool.*

And of course a Wuhur resculpt without a permanant cup in his hand and perhaps articulated elbows would be ideal.

*Hmmm, I think it's high time Hasbro started packing some of these figures with interchangeable limbs. Wuher arm with the hand holding a cup - Wuher arm with an open hand - Wuher arm with the hand pointing.
I'd settle for interchangeable limbs if we can't actually get articulation or accessories.*

CaptainSolo1138
01-08-2002, 05:20 PM
These two-packs will be awesome!! I just hope Greedo stll has the blasthole!:evil:

Tycho
01-08-2002, 09:06 PM
I took Jedi Cole's list and wanted to vote for my favorites, so here they are - what I want done most:

Originally posted by JediCole

-1) Hem Dazon - The first Cantina alien you see on film. Glittery eyes, anvil shaped head.

- 2) Bom Vimdim - Human-like face with a single horn in the middle, also round, solid black eyes.

- 3) Dannik Jerikko - As pointed out here, the pipe-smoking guy with the weird nose.

- 4) Brea Tonnika - Human female with beehive hairdoo, accompanied by an almost identical female.

- 5) Hr'check Kal Fas - Reptilian similar to Bossk, one of two at the bar.

- 6) Feltipern Trevag - A Gotal, has two horns and a beard. Seen laughing in the Cantina scene.

- 7) Miiyoom Onith - One of the more unusual creatures, dark green head with tiny eyes and a long, thin snout. Also has a row of horns on the top of the head. Seen seated with Feltipern.

- 8) Elis Helrot - The oft discussed "Scream" guy.

- 9) Kitik Keed'kak - Well, you know who this is!

- 10) Solomahal - a.k.a. Hare Mouse. A creature that looks like a cross between a rabbit and a mouse (hence the name). The mask was also used on Bespin for one of two creatures there.

DEFINTITELY NOT ANOTHER!!:- Ponda Baba - "Walrus Man", you know.

- Dr. Evezan - Friend of Ponda Baba and much in need of an accurate resculpt. - LAST PRIORITY BEHIND NEW NEVER-MADE FIGURES!

- 11) Reegesk - Hooded rat-like creature seen briefly after the fight in the Cantina.

- 12) Djas Puhr - Jet black, bald humanoid with pointed ears.

- Mormaw Nadon - "Hammerhead", as we know. Also could use an accurate resculpt. NO HE DOESN'T NEED ONE!!!

- Bannis Keeg - The second Duros, like Elorrs Madak. PUT A Princess Leia Collection LUKE CEREMONY Jacket on him - let's spend our plastic and our money more wisely!!!

-13) Brainee - a.k.a. Brainiac, this is the guy with the huge, exposed brain looking head.

- 14) Dice Ibegon - The snake-like puppet that looks at Lak Sivrak or Ketwol, depending on which version you are watching at the time.

- 15) Danz Borin - Human spacer in a white and black suit, seen wearing his helmet which looks like a space helmet.

- 16) Senni Tonnika - See Brea Tonnika above.

- 17) Saittor Kal Fas - The other Bossk-like, reptilian guy.

- Lirin C'arn - The Bith (like the Cantina Band) that is seated at a table and not in the band. DEFINITELY NOT - Order from the Fan Club and customize a band member first!!!

- 18) Myo - Green, scaly cyclops with white sideburns.

- 19) Tzizvvt - "The Fly", basically a fly-headed alien in a silver suit.

- 20) Mosep - A walrus or seal faced alien with long whiskers on either side of his face, rather pink colored skin. Also seen outside the Cantina, just as Luke and Ben approach Docking Bay 94.

- 21) Arleil Schous - The other "wolfman" of the Cantina, removed from the Special Edition. He was the one with glowing eyes.

- Melas - The foppish hat wearing, pipe smoking lizard that replaces Arleil Schous. -NO!!! I am barely tolerating Ketwol in my cantina diorama. It just doesn't look right! - Another LAST PRIORITY!!!

- Het Nkik - The Jawa of the Cantina crowd, could come with a cup and perhaps a holsterable blaster. Plus articulated legs for sitting? -USE THE RONTO JAWA!!! NO, NO, NO!!! ($5 on clearance at TRU or PickNSave!)

And of course a Wuhur resculpt without a permanant cup in his hand and perhaps articulated elbows would be ideal. RESCULPTS??? - We don't want their kind in here!!!

I didn't mean to pick on anyones hopes or dreams here, but I counted 21 from this list I definitely HAVE TO HAVE!!!

I already analyzed why Hasbro could do a minimal of 3 of these per year. At that rate, it would take 7 years for us to get all the characters we want, but remember: in less than 1 year, there will be no Han Solo figures on the shelf, so resculpts will always be made at LEAST to target new collectors and new Kid fans who the prequels get into the older trilogy.

But I've said - 35 figures per year - 10 collector figures always in these categories:

3 Cantinas
2 Jabbas
2 Padme outfits
1 Jedi Master (Episode One council)
2 astromechs (R2, R3, R4, or R5 repaints)

11) Luke
12) Han
13) Leia
14) Obi-Wan
15) Anakin / (laying off Vader for a while)
16) Jango
17) R2D2
18) C-3PO

19) Rebel
20) Imperial
21) BattleDroid of some kind
22) Alien army builder (Geonosian, Kaminoan, Gungan)
23) Security Force figure (Royal Guard through Naboo)

24) Podracer
25) Senator
26) Jedi
27) secondary character
28) Niemoidian
29) secondary character
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)

This is just an example. EU and more movie characters can fit into this category. But you see why we can't get all the Cantina dudes at once? There is (I believe) 5 years left in the license. This will ensure that every year I still get figures I will like. I'm sure Hasbro looked at it that way. Don't want the resculpts you know will come? Don't buy them. - and don't encourage them, like a Wuher or Momaw Nadon resculpt would count twice for the cantina?? Don't tolerate resculpts of background characters or we'll never get all the "new ones" JediCole listed. But at least the hobby can continue for a long time. - And we should AT LEAST get 15 of the 21 figures on my list for the cantina if they decide to use "the system" I described above. They DID for 2001 and almost did better than how I laid it out.

Lord Tenebrous
01-08-2002, 09:48 PM
*Would this be the one that Han was smooching with in the alternate cut of the Cantina? Dark haired and dark outfit? Yeah, another female would be cool.*

Human female- Han's companion on the planet Tatooine. After being left behind in Mos Eisley, she gave up on Han's affections and turned to Deak Tallas.
Played by: Jenny Cresswell

The character is referred to as Jenny.

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/jenny.jpg

Another nice 2-pack would be:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/swilla.jpg

Swilla Corey (Swih-lah Core-e):
Human Female- Notorious pickpocket in the Mos Eisley Cantina
Played by: Mandy Morton

and

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/reegesk.jpg

Reegesk (Ree-jesk):
Ranat male- common thief in Mos Eisley, stole the power pack for Het N'kik's rifle, led to Het's death.
Played by: Sadie Eddon

JediCole
01-09-2002, 12:28 AM
This particular thread sure seems to be striking a chord in the SSG community. I am not sure what became of my companion thread in "Dear Hasbro", but it seems we all agree that we want more Cantina creatures and spacers. Despite the marked improvmement on Kenner's limit of only four out of dozens, we still want more, perhaps all. We want to crowd our displays with the full patronage of Mos Eisley. And though some of us swear by and some swear at resculpts, we all want these great background characters to be made.

This begs a further point, however, perhaps one bes adressed in a thread of its own, what about Jabba's Palace two-packs? There's a locale at least as rich with much desired (and often overlooked) background characters. I think I've personally explored the Cantina issue to my satisfaction, but I am glad to see that this issue is so popular.

Tycho
01-09-2002, 02:44 AM
1) Ephont Mon (who we're getting July / August or by Fall '02?)

2) Herme Odel (large, bloody mouthed character)

3) Bubo (the frog-dog on a chain - should be packed in w. someone)

4) J'Quille the Whipid

5) Klaatu (the forest Nikto made as the orignal Klaatu from vintage)

6) Elom (giant beaver creature)

7) Yarna d'Gargon (multi-breasted, fat dancer) This is for you guys - I don't know about her...

8) Seargeant Dollayn (tank head pushed by Chewie during Boussh's entrance)

9) Weequay Skiff Captain

10) Nikto (or was it Klaatoonian) Drummer from Max's band

11) Harmonica frog dude that plays with Jo Yowza (pack in)

12) Droid (that they made from 8D8's body) - bird head

And I think this is about enough for me. At 2 a year, they could keep it at a steady pace and keep it up for 6 years - so ROTJ will still have characters we want to see get made joining assortments that are more and more Episodes 2 and 3 -based.

Each of these figures are significantly different from each other and would look unique and nice in our collections and dioramas.

moff-jerjerrod
01-15-2002, 02:08 AM
I hope the playset idea is true. Then we can finally have a plastic cantina! They should do the same for the deathstar and we can construct our own, throw in a rescupted DS Trooper (standing to attention) and a comm tech Stormtrooper and finally ill have a deathstar!

This is good news!

SithDroid
01-15-2002, 04:28 PM
I think that more cantina members is a great idea. However if Hasbro feels that they are not going to seel to children (which is why stuff hardly ever gets produced) then why don't they start making these things a Star Wars Fan Club Exclusive. That way the collectors get what they want and children get what they want. If only Hasbro would realize this then everone could be happy.

Darth Shinji
01-15-2002, 05:50 PM
I realize this is now a bit off topic, but on the first page of posts, everyone was talking about General Dodonna.
I remember reading (not sure if it was the SW insider or Toyfare) an interview with someone from Hasbro, who helped decide which characters would get made.Now, I'm not quoting directly,but the basic statement he made was, if it's not a name I instantly recognise, chances are that figure will not get made. I only remember this, because it ticked me off that first, he would have the guts to say that, in a fourm that his company's target audience would see, second that characters you and I like won't ever see the light of day, and third, if you're in charge of the SW line it should be you JOB to familiarize yourself with every detail of the liscense your company holds.
Now I'm not talking about Weoslea (can't remember exact spelling of used speeder salesman outside of cantina), but he specifically did not know who General Dodonna was.
Absolutely frustrating!
Maybe things have changed internally at Hasbro since then, but I'm willing to bet he cant name 3 bounty hunters from the executor that were in Jabbas palace (film footage or prodution stills). when I'm sure we all can.
Note to Hasbro---buy a sourcebook! :crazed:

mylow thehutt
01-16-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
For those who don't know Doikk from Shada, here's a nice archive of the patrons of the Mos Eisley Cantina, with descriptions:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/index.htm

And for those who want to venture into shadier terrain, here's the scum from Anchorhead:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina2/index.htm

Great sites,hay did they have any on jabba's place?:)

Lord Tenebrous
01-16-2002, 05:24 PM
Jabba's Palace:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/jabba/index.htm

Main Site:

http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/

INDIANA
01-17-2002, 01:02 PM
I fully expect to see a lot of carry over Mos Eisley characters in the AOTC Coruscant Bar with figures comming soon.....just with thier legs spread really far apart.

DarthMaulSithLord
01-17-2002, 05:23 PM
...Kitik comes with a resculpted Dr. Evazan. I'd hate to break the CS open just to get the one figure out.

:eek:

Rollo Tomassi
01-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Swilla Corey is the blonde chick over Ben's shoulder right after he slices and dices Baba and Evazan. Don't blink! She's on sceeen for about 17 frames.