PDA

View Full Version : Dumb case assortments

tagmac
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Is anyone else as ticked off about the cases on EE as I am, all of which have a handful of new figures with several of the first 28 clogging up each case? What I'd like to know is, is this the norm, or did only the online shops get these types of cases?

I remember a while back someone posted all the case assortments, out of which all but the Tarfful case was evenly packed. I was in TRU, and the guy at the Cust. service desk told me the same thing the workers mentioned at MM, that every two weeks, newer figures would be hitting the shelves, reaching 50-56 by the time the movie comes out. Aside being shocked that I actually got a straight answer for once in a TRU about figures, this got me wondering. For such a deal to work out, cases would have to be coming in that contain ONLY the new figures (imagine how bad the overstock would be if every case was like the ones on EE). Did anyone here if those even case packs were cancelled, or was the new case assortment posted in the other htread simply the product of someone copying all the EE assortments. Let's hope TRU is gonna get the evenly packed cases - maybe we'll have no trouble getting all those Clone figures after all.

Sith Lord 0498
04-06-2005, 09:50 PM
While I would love to see all 56 figures released before 5/19 (although my checkbook probably wouldn't take it so well...stupid $400 car repairs...), I doubt Hasbro will exhaust all their basic figures so quickly. Besides, one of the first images of Mustafar Anakin had a date of August on it, and older release schedules had the basic line stretching out close to September.

On the other hand, though, it's only April, and Hasbro has officially released pictures of a great many things...

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't think it's EE's fault with the case assortments. This seems to be Hasbros doing. I mentioned elsewhere that I found figures 33, 34, 35 and 36 packed in with lower numbered figures which seem to be moving slowly now that everyone has got the ones they want. I stopped at a TRU and they had a huge feature as well as 4 shopping carts, and a drop bin full of figures 1 through 32.

Joshkj
04-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Hasbro would honestly make more money if they put cases out with only clones or just guards.

JawaJoe
04-07-2005, 06:47 AM
I seem to recall way back before episode 1 came out that Darth Maul was real scarce for awhile. Then Hasbro started shipping cases of nothing BUT Darth Maul. It would be nice to see them do that now with the clones.

megaprime33
04-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I seem to recall way back before episode 1 came out that Darth Maul was real scarce for awhile. Then Hasbro started shipping cases of nothing BUT Darth Maul. It would be nice to see them do that now with the clones.
I remember that too actually. The one figure I wanted the most I couldnt find for the life of me. Then I just gave up and months later I saw tons of him in bargain bin at TRU for like 3 bucks.