PDA

View Full Version : Force Battler lightsaber discovery!

Darth Alex
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
When you open the good General, take a look at the non-blade ends of his sabers....notice the little tabs, sort of a half-moon on each end. If you carefully put them together, you can actually make a double-bladed saber!
I need some more time and then I want to post some reviews of ROTS stuff online, but I just wanted to point this tid bit out. I only bought Grevious and Vader, but the double bladed saber looks great in Vader's hands. His saber blade has too short a stem to work in the General's hilts, but a double-blue saber looks great on Vader.
I know he hasn't been announced, but after seeing this I hope Hasbro continues this line past what's leaked for late 05 and early 06 and makes a Darth Maul and a Ventress. Especially after seeing how easy it is to make the sabers link up. Granted, it's sturdy..to a point, but even with Vaders and the General's action features, I'm not too worried about breaking the sabers.
BTW- the double-saber only works on the General's back arms. If you take the back blades out and put the double-hilts in his front arms, it looks like he has a light saber staff.
Check it out....

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I found this out when I got him on 4/2, it's an ok feature but the rubbery material of the hilts makes them not want to connect, and I wish the hilts hadn't been all the same sculpt. Even if they had done only 2 hilts instead of 4, it would have been a lot better. As it is now, I'm kinda disappointed with Grievous, I don't like his look and he has only shoulder and elbow articulation, and the shoulders are part of the gimmick.

As much as I like the Asajj Ventress figure I have from the CW line, I don't think she'd fit with the look of the FB line too well. Maul's already halfway there with the Mega Action Figure version AND the Epic Force version (both are roughly the same height and have an action gimmick). A Jango or Boba Fett would be cool, maybe even a Luke ESB or ROTJ.

El Chuxter
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I believe it mentions that in the instruction booklet. ;)

You have to join two of them to make him hold all the stuff he comes with.

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Instructions?!? Who needs them with this guy? He does 2 things, 3 if you count the lightsabers connecting.

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah, but I could get to the instructions easier than the figure itself, so I decided to see if any hidden features or cool stuff were on him. :)

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Surprise! Nothing cool about him. ;)