PDA

View Full Version : Dooku questions (possible spoilers).

armypunk35
04-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Are Dooku's hands and head supposed to come off? I saw pictures where it looks like this happens to him in the film. They come off of the figure, but I wasn't sure if they were supposed to, or if I just forced them.

Slicker
04-07-2005, 02:25 AM
I haven't opened mine but was kinda hopin' that they would ala Jango Fett. Although they did release the Jango after the movie came out. I'll have to go and take a closer look at the one that I've got.

Flyin_Solo
04-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Ok so after reading this, I went and analyzed my ROTS opened toys..here is what i found

Head
Dooku: Reversed ball joint, The joint is part of the head, not the torso, (EG: Plo koon) most other figs have the ball joints sticking up into head not coming out of.

Hands: Extra joint at the wrist: Not even the Jedi have this extra wrist
but my left wrist didnt detach very easy, I didnt remove it, didnt want to break it.
UPDATE: Left arm wrist is different joint from right, maybe only ONE hand gets cut off in movie as revenge for AOTC injuries? right arm ball joint sticks out, left indents.

So I assume yes, they're supposed to.

mephisto designs
04-07-2005, 03:38 AM
i can't tell if its supposed to be that way though, or if the joints simply come apart, as most SW figs can do....

Flyin_Solo
04-07-2005, 04:13 AM
i can't tell if its supposed to be that way though, or if the joints simply come apart, as most SW figs can do....

I was stating on how different those two joints were as compared to the build on all the other figures, the reverse ball joints, pull off both hands and notice the diff ;)

mephisto designs
04-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I can see they're different from each other, but more importantly, they're very different from other figures who do have removable/interchangable limbs. So are any of these OFFICIALLY supposed to come off?

Beast
04-07-2005, 12:00 PM
The only reason the hands are made different, is so you can't put them on the wrong stump. I doubt they consider it a real problem for the consumer, but more likely it was for to lessen quality control issues. :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots0513dookuspoiler1.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots0513dookuspoiler2.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's a spoiler for you...

Dooku's right hand is the one that gets cut off.

Beast
04-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Here's a spoiler for you...

Dooku's right hand is the one that gets cut off.
I thought.... Spoiler:

That Anakin lopped off both hands, and then scissors his head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kenobi
04-07-2005, 02:23 PM
WARNING SPOILER

Jedipartnr you are wrong. Jarjarbinks you are right.

Anakin lops off both of Dooku's hands and his head. Read pages 80 - 82 of the Revenge of the Sith Novel. It's all there. Both hands and the head go "plop" on the floor of the General's Quarters.

beckmen
04-07-2005, 05:06 PM
I think they might have cut the second hand coming off, though. I read that somewhere.

Dooku's parts don't come off easy, I'll tell you that. I had to tug on them to get them off.

Kenobi
04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Nope, they didn't cut it. He still looses both hands.