PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Darth Sidious lightsaber Best Buy EXCLUSIVE

Brainiak76
04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
just curious to see if anyone in there area has seen these? there going for a buttload on ebay. And all my local bestbuy employees have no idea what the heck im talking about.

And also why the heck would they come out with a variant before the regular saber is even released? :confused:

megaprime33
04-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Has it been posted as to when it will be released and why master replicas decided to sell them at Best Buy?? I haven't seen it yet and I just heard about this this morning. Very strange. Meditate more on this, I will.

DarkJedi1981
04-07-2005, 12:27 PM
The Darth Sidious Lightsaber is out and it retails for $34.99 BUT many Best Buys did not receive them and they are sparce. If you give them the sku number which is: sku: 7015945 and the upc: 836453001994, they can search the computer for you. Hopefully they will be arriving soon, because on eBay and on a few sites they are pricey....

Brainiak76
04-07-2005, 02:33 PM
yeah on a few sites ive seen them going for $100+ :dead:

i also heard its a best buy exclusive...and this dark smoked version will only be available at best buy.

JediBoulton
04-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I called my BEST BUY today and they said that they have a few on order -- but that they were not supposed to be out until the movie gets closer to be released.

Might try the SKU# and see if they were in an inventory -- if they were to show up -- I wonder if Customer service would "hold" one for you. They are REALLY GREAT about the customer service thing !!

Maybe thats why BEST BUY was selected as a "test market" for some SW Specials ...

COOL !!! -- BEST BUY CARD --- WATCH OUT -- Plus we can ger reward points for getting these also !!

megaprime33
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
How long are the scaled sabers, in inches?

DarkJedi1981
04-07-2005, 06:00 PM
How long are the scaled sabers, in inches?

They are approximately 5 inches long. Should be interesting if they ever produce a full sized Darth Maul Lightsaber because to be to scale it'd have to be a little of 10 inches long....And if they did a Yoda one which would probably top out at 3 inches Lol...

Jayspawn
04-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I just got back from Best Buy and they said they've already sold out of them. But have more on order.

DarkJedi1981
04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey All,

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and still now luck although they did know what I was talking about now and reported that 400 were listed in the distribution center ready to go out to different stores. Also, she told me they will be located in the Media Section in all stores, so at least you have a place to look! Good Luck!

Also, according to the store I called, its considered a promotional exclusive so it cannot be held.

Also, this saber is limited to 10,000...not like we've found them but it puts it into perspective if you think about how many Best Buys there are...

DarkJedi1981
04-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey Everyone,

Got my hands on one, finally! If you're a Northern California collector the Pleasant Hill Best Buy has four left after my purchase but it looks like they are available online now at Bestbuy.com.

74Nova
04-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Now available online at BestBuy too. I checked my local store in Beaverton, Oregon & they were not able to say when they would be receiving theirs, so went the online route.

For those of you that have one in hand, what are the dimensions?

megaprime33
04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I just ordered mine online. It gave an option for a store pick up so I chose that first but of course, like everything that I want at Best Buy, none of the stores in my area had any in stock. Anywho, I was wondering from those who have the scaled replicas, what do they come with? I know the full size ones come with glass display cases, do these??

Sith Lord 0498
04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I just ordered mine online. It gave an option for a store pick up so I chose that first but of course, like everything that I want at Best Buy, none of the stores in my area had any in stock. Anywho, I was wondering from those who have the scaled replicas, what do they come with? I know the full size ones come with glass display cases, do these??

Nope, no acrylic display cases--although rumor has it we might be seeing cases for the .45 scale sabers in the future. What you see here is what you get (I used Anakin ROTS as an example).

megaprime33
04-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Nope, no acrylic display cases--although rumor has it we might be seeing cases for the .45 scale sabers in the future. What you see here is what you get (I used Anakin ROTS as an example).
Well at least it does with some form of a stand. Better than nothing :)

Sith Lord 0498
04-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Well at least it does with some form of a stand. Better than nothing :)

They look good, but it's so much easier for dust to gather. You have to clean these off at least once a month.

BigBuck71
04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Hi guys/girls. I work in the "media" section of a Best Buy, in Slidell, LA. Store #380. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I was thrilled to see us get these in today. We only got three of them. I am attempting to hold one at work, since we're allowed to hold things a few days. I looked up the sku number in our stock section of our computer. It showed an in stock date of 4/2/05, so that means we can sell them now.

sith_killer_99
04-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't have any of these, but I like the look of the Darth Sidious lightsaber soo much I went ahead and ordered one from the Best Buy website. Of course the store pick-up indicated there were none in my area. :rolleyes:

I hope this thing is as cool as it looks, I haven't bought any of the Master Replicas stuff before.

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I hope this thing is as cool as it looks, I haven't bought any of the Master Replicas stuff before.

You'll be in for a real treat, I think. I have the following mini-sabers (AOTC Obi-Wan, Mace, Dooku, ROTJ Luke) with ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan, and regular Sidious on the way. They are fantastic pieces. Much cheaper than their larger counterparts, and I believe the fact that all of the original detail is replicated in miniature form makes the sabers look so much more intricate.

A word of advice, though: Don't let the smoked-chrome Sidious saber influence your decision on these sabers. It's a smaller hilt than the other SW sabers, so it's going to be smaller than the rest of the mini-sabers (most of them are the same as the vertical length of a CD jewel case). Also, it's going to be all one color. The Mace and ROTJ Luke sabers show off the different colors better.

Bottom line: That's great you scored a BB exclusive Sidious saber too, but buy one of the other ones to get a real feel for the line. You won't be disappointed!

Brainiak76
04-10-2005, 04:16 PM
yup i was just going to put what sith lord put...

dont let this Mini sidious saber fool you. This saber is .45 the size of the regular saber and the regular saber itself is pretty small comapred to the others.

if you get another mini youll see a huge huge difference. i think sids saber is a lil bigger then yodas and you know how tiny his saber is. ;)

i cant wait for sids full size saber.

Obi-wedge
04-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I ordered mine online and it is supposed to be in my awaiting hands by the 15th of April.....Wahooooo!

Sith Lord 0498
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Mine is on track to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see it!!

megaprime33
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Mine is on track to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see it!!
If you ordered yours online from BB, how long did it take them to email you with a shipping/tracking number? I ordered mine last friday morning and I'm just anxious about it.

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
I havnt recieved a thing from BestBuy.com at all. Maybe their email was too general and I deleted it. But its been about 4 days since I ordered it. So we'll see.

Sith Lord 0498
04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
If you ordered yours online from BB, how long did it take them to email you with a shipping/tracking number? I ordered mine last friday morning and I'm just anxious about it.

Best Buy sent me an e-mail confirmed my saber had been shipped at 6:35 am on Saturday morning--nearly 24 hours precisely after I'd ordered it. You should've received some type of notification. I do know that it's currently listed on backorder. Maybe your order didn't get processed in time. Check your order status on Bestbuy.com first. Then, I'd call customer service if I were you.

One last thing that may or may not make a difference: I requested 2nd day air shipping on mine. Maybe that got it in the pipeline faster.

sith_killer_99
04-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I ordered online Friday and got my e-mail today saying it was shipped today.

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Hey, I just now got my confirmation email (4 days after I ordered it). It didnt say when it was arriving but should be this week anyways.

sith_killer_99
04-12-2005, 06:54 AM
My e-mail had a tracking number.

Jayspawn
04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah, mine did too. THe BestBuy site said it was on the way and the USPS site said that it had no records of it. It probably wasnt updated yet.

megaprime33
04-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, mine did too. THe BestBuy site said it was on the way and the USPS site said that it had no records of it. It probably wasnt updated yet.
I actually just checked now on it, I havent received an email from BB but checked the status on their site and they said it shipped yesterday. I checked USPS and they said that tracking was not ordered for this item. Not sure if thats true or not, but at least it said it has shipped.

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2005, 02:00 PM

I got the same message as well until that evening (so about 10-12 hours after receiving the e-mail). Check in a little while, and there should be some information for you.

I actually just checked now on it, I havent received an email from BB but checked the status on their site and they said it shipped yesterday. I checked USPS and they said that tracking was not ordered for this item. Not sure if thats true or not, but at least it said it has shipped.

While that has happened to me before (I received my ROTS theatrical poster from SWShop a full day before my account even changed from "pending" to "shipped"), I would suggest calling Customer Service and verifying that the saber has shipped anyway and see if they could give you the tracking number.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is b/c the last time I ordered anything from Bestbuy.com, I was charged for it, and it never arrived. This was before they sent tracking numbers via e-mail (or if they did, I never received anything). I ended up not doing anything about it b/c the order was under $10 and I was at college at the end and didn't need one more stressor. Still, it steered me away from Best Buy Online until now.

I must say though that it's a great comfort to have tracking numbers. At least I can keep tabs on my orders, and I'll know if it gets lost in the mail.

On that note, UPS says my saber is "out for delivery", so I'll post my thoughts on it hopefully soon. :)

megaprime33
04-12-2005, 02:39 PM
While that has happened to me before (I received my ROTS theatrical poster from SWShop a full day before my account even changed from "pending" to "shipped"), I would suggest calling Customer Service and verifying that the saber has shipped anyway and see if they could give you the tracking number.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is b/c the last time I ordered anything from Bestbuy.com, I was charged for it, and it never arrived. This was before they sent tracking numbers via e-mail (or if they did, I never received anything). I ended up not doing anything about it b/c the order was under $10 and I was at college at the end and didn't need one more stressor. Still, it steered me away from Best Buy Online until now.

I must say though that it's a great comfort to have tracking numbers. At least I can keep tabs on my orders, and I'll know if it gets lost in the mail.

On that note, UPS says my saber is "out for delivery", so I'll post my thoughts on it hopefully soon. :)

Well I checked it again actually and it did say it shipped yesterday and I actually saw an option to track it, i didnt see it before, and it said that there was info for it yet and check back at another time. I will check either tonight or tomorrow. If it still says that I will definately call the CS. I can't wait for the review either! :D

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Honestly, I don't know what to think of this saber. It is much smaller than the other mini-sabers, and the entire hilt is coated in chrome so it's all one uniform color. For some reason, I keep thinking of a bone when I look at the design. I don't know why.

Maybe I'm just disappointed I didn't luck out with a gold variant. It is a pretty cool looking piece, but I much prefer the regular editions with coloring that is movie-accurate.

megaprime33
04-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I just got home from work and checked my email again and saw that BB did email me stating the item has shipped and that USPS says its on its way and I should receive within 3-7 business days.

That's a tough review, sith. Now what is this gold limited edition one? I haven't heard of it. Is it given out completely at random or what? With my luck I probably won't get it but it's good to know about.

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2005, 06:32 PM
That's a tough review, sith. Now what is this gold limited edition one? I haven't heard of it. Is it given out completely at random or what? With my luck I probably won't get it but it's good to know about.

Gold Variant: Instead of being completely chrome plated, it's completely gold plated. I believe it's either 5 or 10% of the chrome sabers were plated gold instead.

As for my review, I just think the regular edition is going to end up looking better. Truth be told, I only bought this version for two reasons: 1) hoping it would hold me over until the regular mini-saber ships in June and 2) might be worth more than I paid for it if I decided to sell it to someplace like Brian's Toys sometime in the future.

Mind you, I don't intend to scalp it on eBay like some others might try to do. I just know that it may be a viable option down the road if I decide I don't want it anymore. My line of thinking is that it's unlikely I'll ever "lose" money on this purchase. Either I keep it and it's money well spent. Or I sell it off and at least recoup my $46 (2-day shipping and all).

sith_killer_99
04-13-2005, 06:59 AM
The gold saber is limited to 5% from what I have read. There were 3,000 produced and 150 are the gold variant. I saw a couple of these on Ebay. One guy had one originally listed BIN for the excellent deal of only $229.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6524439041&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For some reason it didn't sell?!?! :confused: He relisted it for $209.99 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6525152014

:rolleyes:

megaprime33
04-13-2005, 07:49 AM
The gold saber is limited to 5% from what I have read. There were 3,000 produced and 150 are the gold variant. I saw a couple of these on Ebay. One guy had one originally listed BIN for the excellent deal of only $229.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6524439041&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For some reason it didn't sell?!?! :confused: He relisted it for $209.99 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6525152014

:rolleyes:
Silly scalpers. Is there a better picture out there for it?

BigBuck71
04-14-2005, 01:56 AM
I got my mini Darth Sidious lightsaber hilt/handle this Monday at work at Best Buy. I got the last one our store, #380, Slidell, LA, had in stock. It ended up being the regular silver "smoky" version. I didn't care if I got the regular or the gold variant. Just as long as I got one! It is nice but very small. I plan on adding other mini Jedi and Sith lightsabers to my collection. I've had the chance to play with the Darth Vader FX lightsaber all week at work. I love it. I hope to get it and the blue Anakin FX lightsaber this weekend! It's gonna rock getting them for half price after my discount! Basically a two for one deal! Man, I love it! lol

Jayspawn
04-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Well thats a hell of a deal BigBuck71. Maybe you can answer a question for me, WHERE in the store do they stock the Master Replica items? The employees at my area stores have no idea what I'm talking about and give me different answers.

BigBuck71
04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi Jayspawn. Check at your local Best Buy store in the "media" area or department. It is the area where all of the movies, music and videogames are sold. Usually it is in the center of the store in a big carpeted area. We set up a rolling display cart with all of our Star Wars stuff on it this week. We put the red and blue FX lightsabers on the bottom two shelves of that display. So, check with a "media" employee or the store manager, or the media supervisor if you can get in touch with them. Good luck! Let me know if you're able to get one. Take care.

74Nova
04-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Well my "key chain" came today :D , guess I lucked out and got the Gold version.

This is my first Master Replica. Wow much smaller than I thought. I knew it would be small, but still. If I had to compare it to something, it kind of reminds me of a laser pointer.

Not really a conversation piece, but I am still good with it.

Jayspawn
04-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Man I tell ya, BestBuy.com must have used the slowest means of shipping possible. I think mine is coming via Turtle.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Yep, it's been a week and I am still waiting. :(

BigBuck71
04-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Hey guys. I work at Best Buy, and I know when you complete an order on our website it assigns your order a specific order number. It starts with BBY and then followed by your specific order number. If you haven't got the lightsaber yet after a week, and our site listed it as "in stock" when you ordered it call them. You can call our customer service at 1-888-BEST-BUY. Give them your order number, and they should be able to help you and track your order. I hope this helps you out! I got my Darth Sidious mini lightsaber hilt. It's pretty cool, but very small. I still do like it though. My first .45 scaled Master Replicas lightsaber handle! Take care.

Obi-wedge
04-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Everyone is complaining about it being too small....remember it is .45 scale. We have not seen how small Palpatines saber is in the movie. Maybe his is quite smaller than most jedi sabers. If you watch in the trailer...possible spoiler........it does seem to come from up his sleave. (Or am I imaging that?)

I think it looks cool no matter what size. It is kinda organic looking. Nwe to us becasue most jedi and sith sabers have looked so, well...mechanical.

Jayspawn
04-16-2005, 10:09 AM
I know Palpatine's Lightsaber is smaller than a standard Jedi, so I'm expecing it to be small.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, it looks like Sidious's saber isn't much larger than the palm of his hand. I figure this thing will only be about 2-2 1/2 inches long. Either way, I can't wait to see it up close. :crazed:

megaprime33
04-16-2005, 10:27 AM
From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this particular scaled hilt is about 4-5 inches longer. Is that what the normal size is for most of the scaled ones or are the others bigger? If they are, then I might start collecting those instead of the 370 dollar ones.

I checked this morning and the tracking says that it has reached a post office in my area and should be delivered in 1-3 business days. This is only a week after I ordered it so I dont think it's all that bad. I have seen worse.

BigBuck71
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah, you should get your Sidious 'saber soon. Mine can fit into the palm of my hand. I guess it's about 2 1/2" long. It looks very nice closeup. But it is smaller than the other Jedi and Sith .45 scaled lightsabers Master Replicas have done. I do have some of the books from ROTS, like the Visual Dictionary, Making Of Revenge Of The Sith, and the movie scrapbook. It does look like the lightsaber appears from Sidious's sleeve and can be easily hidden. So, it would be cool to see it in the movie, and hopefully MR will make a 1:1 actual sized scaled one soon.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM
MR has the full scale Sidious lightsaber listed on their site. I forget the release date, but the price is around $360.00.

My mini Sidious saber arrived today, it's actually about the size I thought it would be initially. From what everyone was saying I was begining to think it would be smaller. ;)

Anyway, this is my first Master Replicas piece and for the price I am satisfied with the product. It is heavier than I thought it would be. :)

BigBuck71
04-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I agree that the mini Sidious is heavier than I expected too. I am happy with it. It was my first Master Replicas piece too. Now I have three MR lightsabers. The mini Sidious, and the FX Anakin blue, and the FX Vader red lightsabers. I'm looking into getting the Mace Winde purple FX lightsaber soon at a Border's or Books-A-Million bookstore. Thanks for the info on the full-sized Sidious one. That's just too expensive for me right now.

Jayspawn
04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
The full-sized Sidious Lightsaber is set to release in June. I've got mine on order!

BigBuck71
04-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Nice Jayspawn! You'll have to take some pics of it and e-mail them to me once you get it. I'd love to see pics of it. Someday, I'll have at least one full-sized lightsaber hilt from MR. I really like Luke's green lightsaber from "Return Of The Jedi" the best.

Jayspawn
04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I contacted Best Buy about my WAY late Mini Sidious Saber and they said it should come no later that the 22nd. Whats up with that? I ordered it on the 6th, it shipped out on the 7th.

This may be a little much -but I'll probably never order from them again.

megaprime33
04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
I just got mine today in the mail and to be honest, I'm not all that satisfied with it. I really thought that it was going to be colored like sidious' saber in the movie, instead it's all silver. That bumbed me out big time, other than that it's nice, but I can't get over the all silver factor. Based on all of the pictures I've seen from MR and whereever else, it had color, this was disappointing. I dont know now if I'll buy any more scaled sabers after this.

Sith Lord 0498
04-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I just got mine today in the mail and to be honest, I'm not all that satisfied with it. I really thought that it was going to be colored like sidious' saber in the movie, instead it's all silver. That bumbed me out big time, other than that it's nice, but I can't get over the all silver factor. Based on all of the pictures I've seen from MR and whereever else, it had color, this was disappointing. I dont know now if I'll buy any more scaled sabers after this.

That's the "limited edition exclusive" component: the smoked chrome plating. The saber you've envisioned is the standard edition Darth Sidious lightsaber scaled replica. That one ships in June for $35. You can pre-order it at masterreplicas.com like I did. The rest of the scaled replicas on their site are the standard, movie-colored versions as well. My advice is to not let this saber drive you away from the rest. They are excellent pieces. This one was apparently just a misunderstanding on your part (and a failure on Best Buy's part in terms of not showing loose pics of the saber).

megaprime33
04-19-2005, 08:17 AM
That's the "limited edition exclusive" component: the smoked chrome plating. The saber you've envisioned is the standard edition Darth Sidious lightsaber scaled replica. That one ships in June for $35. You can pre-order it at masterreplicas.com like I did. The rest of the scaled replicas on their site are the standard, movie-colored versions as well. My advice is to not let this saber drive you away from the rest. They are excellent pieces. This one was apparently just a misunderstanding on your part (and a failure on Best Buy's part in terms of not showing loose pics of the saber).
Ahh ok, that was a misunderstanding then. I really was expecting to see the standard movie edition. Well at least with this misunderstanding I end up getting a collectable that is now somewhat hard to get.

Jaludorm
05-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Seeing how BB still has these available via the web, is there anyone who knows the true production run on the "Exclusive". I picked up the CIII Obi-Wan and the EIV Vader, EVI Luke, I love these, I can buy an entire set for the cost of one of the full sized.

I was told by a MR rep at CIII that we should see the acryilic cases coming out again later this year.

DarkJedi1981
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I believe that either on these boards or another Amy said that the edition size of the Best Buy Exclusive was 10,000.

Jediboy
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
I bought this saber today from Best Buy. It's my first foray into Master Replicas and at first I was a little disappointed in it's size. However, it has grown on me and I want to get more of them! It was nice to read other people's thoughts on this.

Stalecracker
05-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I was initially dissappointed with the Sidious "exclusive" saber. It was SOO small. THEN I read the size of the other sabers and picked up Mace Windu's and Dooku's. These babies ROCK and I can't wait to get Sidious' screen version! It will be great. So far I've got them all!!! I am HOOKED. I really want to get a regular sized one... to cool!

slothfurnace
05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey all,, Just joined today after swinging through Best Buy and picking up 2 mini lightsabers. I got the Sidious Best Buy exclusive, and a Ep3 Anakin Skywalker lightsaber. As soon as my wife and I got to the place we were going to eat, I opened them and much to my surprise, the Anakin was totally gold plated! I thought it was a mistake. I had no idea these sabers were even available, let alone gold plated.

I almost took it back thinking it was a manufacturing error or something.

When I got home and started researching, it looks like I seem to have found one of the "rare" gold plated Anakin Ep3 lightsabers. Any ideas out there if it's true? or how much it's worth? I haven't been able to find out much online, and it says no where on the box that it could include random gold plated sabers.

Any help or info would be great.
Thanks much,

Brad

Sith Lord 0498
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey all,, Just joined today after swinging through Best Buy and picking up 2 mini lightsabers. I got the Sidious Best Buy exclusive, and a Ep3 Anakin Skywalker lightsaber. As soon as my wife and I got to the place we were going to eat, I opened them and much to my surprise, the Anakin was totally gold plated! I thought it was a mistake. I had no idea these sabers were even available, let alone gold plated.

I almost took it back thinking it was a manufacturing error or something.

When I got home and started researching, it looks like I seem to have found one of the "rare" gold plated Anakin Ep3 lightsabers. Any ideas out there if it's true? or how much it's worth? I haven't been able to find out much online, and it says no where on the box that it could include random gold plated sabers.

Any help or info would be great.
Thanks much,

Brad

With each mini-saber that's released, 5% of the production run is gold plated. Think of these as "chase" sabers or "variants." They are packaged at random. Hence, the reason why you didn't find any indication on the package itself. As for how valuable it is, that depends on the market. I know Brian's Toys sells their gold variants for nearly $200.00, but I'm sure that is far too inflated. If you want to know how much the collecting market thinks they're worth, look up auctions on eBay.

nash
06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I was initially dissappointed with the Sidious "exclusive" saber. It was SOO small. THEN I read the size of the other sabers and picked up Mace Windu's and Dooku's. These babies ROCK and I can't wait to get Sidious' screen version! It will be great. So far I've got them all!!! I am HOOKED. I really want to get a regular sized one... to cool!

Where did you get a Mace Windu mini saber? Ive been looking for one like crazy! arghhh...

nash
06-07-2005, 07:29 AM

Stale do you have all the Obi-Wan variants such as C3 and UK exclusive and the others?

I just ordered a UK exclusive weathered one , i want to get all the variants too.

Stalecracker
06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
I've got the weathered Obi and the "as first built" one.
I don't collect variants simply because I like to have the "screen seen" type stuff and my brain would burst trying to keep up with variants as I would obsess beyond words about it.
I will probably get rid of the smoked sidious once the screen version gets here... but maybe not, it IS the one that started it all for me. maybe so, though. SEE!!! I'm obsessing already.

CURSE YOU M.R.!!!

Darth Waller
06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post here and like most of you I have become addicited/obsessed with the mini's as well. I have the Luke ROTJ, Anakin and Obi-wan ROTS, Obi-wan AOTC and the Best Buy Sidious. I must have them all!!

For those who mentioned geting rid of the smoked Sidious, I have to say (although some may say "how could you?") it is a great saber to carry around in your pocket considering the size and the lack of any parts to damage. Of course no change or anything else can be carried in said pocket, but it is fun to have on you rather than always on a stand. So for those of you who say you may get rid of it in favor of the actual correct movie colored mini...consider keeping the color correct version on the stand in your collection and the smoked chrome as an extra to carry.

You can't underestimate the power of the dark side when it's in your pocket! - Darth Waller

nash
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Im still debating whether or not to get me a BestBuy exclusive Sidious mini. I much rather have the actual versions of the sabers however I have been also focusing my spending on the other variants such as the obi wan exclusives so maybe after i get all those i will consider picking up a sidious best buy one.

Val Da Car
06-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I just picked this saber up and I and new to the MR line (keeping to the mini .45 for space considerations) and I like it.

I am looking forward to the regular colored version of this saber also.

It is smaller in size than the Mace or Dooku saber so it maybe closer in size to Yoda's saber.

The BB near me also had 5 Darth Vader FX sabers there also....I was very tempted but I stayed on my path and did not go down the Dark Side of MR......just yet...

Sith Lord 0498
06-18-2005, 05:37 PM
I just got my regular edition Sidious mini in the mail yesterday from MR.com. My only gripe with it is that the parts that appear gold on the website pics is really an oil-slick-like color (almost reddish copper), and it doesn't look as good as the pics. Still, a nice piece to add.

As for the Darth Vader FX, it's definitely worth it the moment you stand in a pitch black room and switch it on for the first time. Be careful though as my blade is starting to bend ever so slightly downward from gravity pulling on it. Better to find a way to mount it vertically.

Val Da Car
06-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I goofed and started a new thread with the Sidious BB Exclusive I just got today.

I posted a couple of pictures..

Jayspawn
06-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Its alright Val Da Car, I moved that thread to this one.

Thanks for posting the pics!

nash
06-20-2005, 02:14 AM
is it worth getting though? It looks like its all one piece that kind of turns me off.

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes its all 1 piece. If you're into collecting minis, its worth picking up this one or the regular version.

Sith Lord 0498
06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
You're better off getting the regular version. Lightsabers just don't look good plated in chrome or gold.

nash
06-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I'd rather have the regular versions as well, however I like the all chrome or all gold versions for their collectible value. I guess its nice to know that you have something that not many other people have?

I decided to get the best buy sidious mini just to see if I can get lucky and get ahold of a gold chase one.

Jayspawn
06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I prefer the regular versions (though I dont collect them). I have the chase versions for their Collectible value.

nash
06-22-2005, 03:11 AM
How much did u pay for the gold chase ones? they go for like $100 or above on Ebay.

nash
06-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know if the mini's at Best Buy are shrinkwrapped or are they just open where you can look inside the front cover? (anakin, obi-wan, and sidious)

Stalecracker
06-22-2005, 11:35 AM
They are shrink wrapped in Austin, Tx. I assume they are in all Best Buys.

Jayspawn
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I paid only $35 each for my Gold minis. I found them all at retail.

All of the minis are shrink wraped at me Best Buys. Although I went in one day like a month ago and somebody had cut through the wrap -looking for chase versions I guess.

DXiRoNMaN
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
the closest Best Buy by me had all the shrinkwrap cut into. dont know if it was employees or customers but either way that is so shoddy