PDA

View Full Version : Darth Tater

Jedi
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Does it seem like this item might actually be one of the hardest to find as of right now? Of all the stores I've been to in my area, only ONE has it and the first time I was inside, they had four. About a week later, they still had two. But no other other stores I've been to have it. Weird.

Then again, the Padme action figure is ALSO scarce in these parts!! :D

Sincerely,
Jedi

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
It was for me until 4/2, then we got a half pallet feature of them in, and they are selling like "Potato Cakes". Come on now, that's pretty dang funny now. Seriously though, they are selling, I have to get one to open.

HighLordDave
04-07-2005, 09:07 AM
I think everyone should have a Darth Tater. I picked one up at Midnight Madness; he was dirt cheap.

Wal-Mart had a dozen or so last week, but they were out this week; maybe McDonald's turned him into some Darth McFries or something.

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Between the 2 WM's here, they must have 2-3 hundred of em. I grabbed on Sat. Morning. I need another to open.

samskull
04-07-2005, 09:52 AM
There's no Tater famine down here!

But what next...Jedi Master Tater?

cerius
04-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I picked up a Tater 3 weeks before the midnight madness at TRU. Make sure you check the kids sections and not just the Star Wars section. He is sitting in my office now. He's awesome.

Jedi Teacher
04-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm jealous. It's potato famine be me!!! Haven't seen Tater anywhere. Anybody know of anywhere in the Chicago suburbs that's got him?

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Bobafrett got one and he lives near Chi-Town. He actually works at WM that has some.

cerius
04-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm jealous. It's potato famine be me!!! Haven't seen Tater anywhere. Anybody know of anywhere in the Chicago suburbs that's got him?

I picked mine up at the Gurnee TRU, but again that was weeks ago.

CaptainSolo1138
04-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Couldn't find Tater on 4/2, but saw a dozen or so at WM the next day. He now sits proudly on top of my computer! :D

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 11:21 AM
I need another to open.

Make that another to keep closed. My wife just busted it out of its box and played with it. It is really cool. I do think he should have another arm without the saber though.

kool-aid killer
04-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Maybe another arm thats chopped off, revealing french fries for fingers? Poor attempts at humor aside, i didnt see Darth Tater until the tent sale at Walmart last week. He sat on a pallet with many others, though i havent been back to check on the stock since.

Jaina Solo
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
I've only seen Darth Tater at the Walmart tent sale. Haven't been back since. I keep meaning to go back and check the figure selection. If they still have this guy, I may pick one up. I have no idea where I'm going to put him- I have way too many toys- but he's cool.

HighLordDave
04-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Maybe another arm thats chopped off, revealing french fries for fingers? Poor attempts at humor aside,

That was in very bad taste.

Jaina Solo
04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I just looked at shop.starwars.com, and they have this guy listed for $11.99. I saw him at Walmart for half that.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I got mine one of the first days in March, shame on TRU:sur:

Rocketboy
04-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Finally found one the other day.
I felt like an idiot for laughing by myself in the middle of the store at "Together we can rule the galaxy as father and spud."

Jayspawn
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Theres a potato famine here in Colorado. I saw him at MM at Wal-Mart and decided to wait. Now I cant find him anywhere.

Is Target selling them?

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Havent seen him at Target, but you never know.

Slicker
04-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I've yet to see him at Target, only saw him at WM. I picked up 2 of these, one for me and one for my roommates new baby he was one day old and I'm already getting him started. I haven't opened mine yet and I may just buy another one so I can open one. I like how he looks in the package so buying another would probably be my best bet. Like Rocketboy I literally laughed out loud when I saw this thing. It's quite possibly one of the most clever SW toys ever.

bobafrett
04-07-2005, 10:06 PM

The Villa Park Wal-Mart, we had a half pallet of them. Last time I was there, they still had plenty, but they pulled them to the back room (good sales tactic). I've had the last two days off, so I don't know what the status is now. I'll check for you tomorrow, as I need to get another one for me. :D

Dialogus
04-07-2005, 11:01 PM
The Taters here at TRU were sold out long before I even figured they were there! They received about a dozen of them or more last Tuesday and they were all gone the day after...

Basically I don't care since I really can't understand the buzz around it, I mean c'mon guys, a potato-Vader toy....... :ermm:

Clonetrooper630
04-08-2005, 01:51 AM
The Taters here at TRU were sold out long before I even figured they were there! They received about a dozen of them or more last Tuesday and they were all gone the day after...

Basically I don't care since I really can't understand the buzz around it, I mean c'mon guys, a potato-Vader toy....... :ermm:
Dude come on is one fun good looking toy It's compleately out of the ordinary in regards of SW toys
:classic:

Rocketboy
04-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Basically I don't care since I really can't understand the buzz around it, I mean c'mon guys, a potato-Vader toy....... :ermm:Well, that about sums it up!

:D

Jaina Solo
04-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I haven't seen this guy anywhere but WalMart. Is this an exclusive they forgot to tell us about?

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Not an exclusive, but it seems that way. WM is the only place I seen it too,but others have stated TRU also.

kool-aid killer
04-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Has anyone else seen the red M&M dressed in Obis cloak and with his lightsaber? Could this figure be Darth Taters light side equivalent? If hes to a reasonable scale with the tater i might spring for him, even if it is a plush.

InsaneJediGirl
04-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I've only seen Darth Potato at WM,where I got him on 4/2. Funny I havent seen this toy at Target,perhaps they didnt pick him up thinking a poor seller?? One of the best Star Wars toys to come along yet though :D

Ji'dai
04-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I saw Darth Tater at TRU a couple weeks before April 2 but Wal-Mart has a bunch of them now. I think they're spontaneously sprouting.

Has anyone else seen the red M&M dressed in Obis cloak and with his lightsaber? Could this figure be Darth Taters light side equivalent? If hes to a reasonable scale with the tater i might spring for him, even if it is a plush.

StarWarsShop.com has the SW M&M plush up for pre-order. I posted about them here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=386912&postcount=5

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I think they're spontaneously sprouting.

That joke was tuber-ular! :D

kool-aid killer
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I saw Darth Tater at TRU a couple weeks before April 2 but Wal-Mart has a bunch of them now. I think they're spontaneously sprouting.

StarWarsShop.com has the SW M&M plush up for pre-order. I posted about them here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=386912&postcount=5

Thanks for the link, i wasnt even aware there was that many of them. I like them, but like you mentioned the price is a big turnoff. Well, not really the price of the individual plushes, just more the amount needed to get them. It wouldnt be in my best interest given the amount of product i still want to pick up from Hasbros line.