PDA

View Full Version : Pics of some new Deluxe figures!

Battle Droid
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
From, http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.1C9263DB-D56F-E112-4C99A73C6A6370EA/default.cfm

Clone Troopers

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/85570.jpg

Crab Droid

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/85571.jpg

Stass Allie

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/85572.jpg

Spider Droid

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/85573.jpg

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice 3 pack o clones. I never saw the last ones with the CW series. Hopefully I can score these. ANother speeder bike eh....

samskull
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
The Clone Troopers are a great idea and the EP III Troopers look much cooler (or meaner). Undoubtedly we'll see every color variation imaginable. The Spider is a reissue but walks so it can be fun for kids. The Crab has walking action (ala AT-ST)...we'll see how fun this is. And Stass Allie will be rubbery like the other pack-ins (sigh), but must have her speeder bike shot out from under her with exploding action...so maybe this will be better than the BARC Biker.

It looks like our wallets will be sucked dry this summer too!

evenflow
04-07-2005, 10:02 AM
I think these are kind of weak.

hango fett
04-07-2005, 10:06 AM
yeah...there is no big thing that makes me say "awsome" in these. the only thing really new is the crab droid. the stass thing is more/less another speeder bike with some random jedi..
HF

Ji'dai
04-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I may pick up one of the Clone Army 3-packs for the prostrate Clone since I passed on the Clone Wars ones. I'm not going to be buying multiple color variations this time around either.

The Crab Droid looks like something out of Starship Troopers.

megaprime33
04-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Those are all pretty cool actually. I'll have to keep my eye on that clone 3 pack and the bike

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I love how Hasbro's titling these pages: "Look, you can tell your friends that they're just "collector's items", but don't leave these figures in package. Then you're only hurting yourself." :D

These look pretty good. Hopefully the clone pack will only be white so I don't have to look for all the other versions. The crab droid is very cool looking, hopefully it will be a nice toy. I'm hoping that Stass Allie won't suck (but she probably will) and now I feel ripped off for having to pay $5 extra for a ripcord and wheel on the other BARC speeder. I'll get another spider droid as I liked it the first time around.

El Chuxter
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Well, if nothing else it's nice to see that Hasbro's finally realized that merely taking an Adi Gallia figure and slapping the name "Stass Allie" does not truly make it Stass Allie, as the two ladies look quite a bit different.

JEDIpartner
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
The Crab droid, maybe... the rest of them? Eh--

sunshine
04-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Actually like them all, will pick them up if I find them especially the Clonetroopers

kool-aid killer
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Me too, i like the Clonetroopers look, and fully expect to see them come out in their varying colors. I only hope that the Stass figure isnt too cheesy, other than that, im getting it since it cant be much worse than the one in the Jedi Council set that i thankfully passed on.

Scackmgack
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
It galls me that we get a third package for the Spider Droid, but Hasbro skipped out on mass-producing the Action Fleet Homing Spider Droid.

Eh, the bike's figure is going to be rubber. Maybe if there is a scene in the movie where she leads a platoon of BARC Troopers I will pick one up...

...oh, who am I kidding. If it's new, I'll get it.

The clone 3-pack is going to be a pass, though. I'd rather collect a platoon of the regular figures. I can put them in those poses by myself, I think, but they won't be stuck like that...

Joshkj
04-07-2005, 03:10 PM
TTOOOO MUCH STUFFFFFFF

Anyways, I want stass to lead my 4 barcs
Crab droid is awsome

JetsAndHeels
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
The only one here I think is worth getting (for me personally) is the clone 3-pack. The rest look pretty weak, especially Aunt Jemima on the speeder bike.

Jaina Solo
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I thought that looked a lot like Adi Gallia, too... will be skipping that one for sure.

The clones look like they might be cool.

beckmen
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Depending on the arrticulation, the 3 clones at a 10-dollar price point sounds damned good to me.

The Crab Droid looks like somehting from Metal Gear Solid

Stass Allie looks like Guinan/Aunt Jemima

Spider Droid is a repack of that old crappy thing

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I really like how the Crab Droid looks, I won't expect the Hasbro toy to look that cool but I'll still get one unless it's REALLY annoying in the film or something. I don't think I'm that thrilled with any of the others if they're $15 now (the way the BARC Speeder is), that Clone Trooper 3pack appears to be a revisit to the under-articulated, preposed Clone Wars set and I suspect this will be another case where the prototype's cool paint job is absolutely nothing like the actual toy (see 12" Grievous for a perfect example of Hasbro's misdeeds in this dept); Stass Allie is not a character I give a fudge about but I do like the non-wheeled, non-zipcorded, break-apart bike so I'll have to decide in person; and I never liked the Droid Spider wind-up fig. If Hasbro makes them $10 cardeds, I might find the ability to care more. ;)

It galls me that we get a third package for the Spider Droid, but Hasbro skipped out on mass-producing the Action Fleet Homing Spider Droid. That is an excellent point, it shows how much Hasbro unreasonably favors their 4" figure line over the awesome Action Fleet line.

Adam
04-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Bleh. I can't beleive they're throwing out that garbage Clone Trooper three-pack again.

General_Grievous
04-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Would it have killed Hasbro to have the clones in the 3-pack be different colors? Like one could be yellow, one could be blue, another could be green.

BTW, guys, the Crab Droid is not an actual Hasbro picture. The same picture is in the ROTS Visual Dictionary, so they're probably not done with the sculpt yet.

I will skip on the Spider Droid, though. Hasn't Hasbro had enough of that damn thing?

I'll have to get Stass Allie, though.

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I'll definitely buy three of the four figures. The BARC Speeder is very refreshing to see b/c I'm not a fan of the initial release. The Clonetrooper paint job is horrible, and I didn't like the red paint deco along with the wheels and ripcord action. This is much better-looking sculpt w/o the action feature, and it'll be $5 cheaper (being classified as a Deluxe figure now).

The Crab Droid looks very impressive and sinister, and it's nice to see the Spider Droid reissued. The first release never made around these parts.

But that Clonetrooper army 3-pack is unexcuseable and unforgivable!!! Would it have been so hard to issue several different 3-packs?? I don't mean to play armchair quarterback here, but here's how they could've done the army builder packs w/o running up their costs much.

Command Pack: Clone Commander (#33) with red and yellow variations with a basic Clonetrooper (#6) thrown in.

ARC-170 Pack: Set of three Clone Pilots (release this one later in the year so it doesn't cut into sales of the single-carded Pilot)

Basic Infantry Pack: a trio of Clonetroopers (#6)

Shocktrooper Pack: a trio of Clonetroopers (#6) with the red markings

Jedi Temple Attack Pack: a trio of Clonetroopers (#6) with the blue markings

They're still repacks (which Hasbro absolutely loves), but at least they're poseable and relate better to the film. Send an entire case of these to stores, and they'd sell like crazy!!!

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
BTW, guys, the Crab Droid is not an actual Hasbro picture. The same picture is in the ROTS Visual Dictionary, so they're probably not done with the sculpt yet.I KNEW IT!!!! Ok, I didn't "know" it, but I strongly suspected it. ;)

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought that droid looked a little TOO detailed...!!

jedibear
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
My first impression of the crab droid was....hmmm, that droid looks inspired by the Acklay! Did the Geonosians have anything to do with that design? It looks cool!

The clone three-packs look promising. I just hope they feature the articulated versions feature in the single-card issues and not the pre-posed static ones from the CW collection. We'll see...

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm looking forward to the Stass Allie/ Speeder Bike. I hope the deco is a little more "dirty" than the BarcTrooper version that's out now. (It kinda looks bizarre to have this filthy trooper riding this crisp-from-the shop bike)

The Wookiee Copter looks cool. It's nice that a pilotis included...noticed the gunner seat in the back...hope one of the Wookiee Warriors (the carded versions) is articulated enough to fit in it. We'll see....

The Spider-Droid looks alright...can't blame 'em for reusing a mold...hope the deco is different at least.

Any sign of the Flying Trooper with Vulture Droid or the Darth Operating table yet? (Pics of 'em are featured in the new EE catalouge)

I'm gonna be shedding the winter weight this summer from the toys-instead-food shopping....:)

beckmen
04-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Some pics of the Flying Trooper, Vulture Droid and Darth Operating table:

http://www.mousedroid.com/feature/toyfair2005/toyfair2005-hasbro.htm

anti-hero
04-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I'll prolly go for the spider since I passed on the last one, (along with everything else from AOTC after the clone pilot).

If the spider droid looks half as cool as the pic they're using I'll be getting it.

The clones look like the heads were super imposed. Not that that means anything, I just noticed it. Definite pass on these. Like someone else said, just by the single cards cause they can make pretty close to these poses anyhoo.

Here's a nasty thought on the Stass Allie...I'm worried because it's listed as deluxe (which means $10) it won't be as big as the other one they released. How are they gonna fit that big thing in the same package as the deluxe out now...don't see it happenin. On the up side, it looks like she got some leg joints...tho I only looked once and I'm very tired. (yard work all day)

beckmen
04-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, the speeder is supposed to be blast-apart, so maybe it will be in pieces on the card.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 07:05 AM
It will probably come disassembled and in a slightly larger bubble. That's the way they packaged the Clonetrooper with Speeder Bike and Durge w/ Swoop Bike.

Scackmgack
04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Come ON - this is just the Ep I droid starfighter with a repaint.

Just once I would love to see one of these built to proper scale. A vulture droid in the Trifighter scale, with the transformation ability, would be sweet.

Sometimes I wonder how much coordination there is between Hasbro and Lucas.

Hasbro: "Well, we had to take back about a hundred thousand of these Episode I droid starfighter toys...what do we do with them?"

Lucas: "Hmm...we can paint them a different color, call them Vulture Droids, and re-sell them! The packaging shouldn't cost you that much. Let me do a quick re-write..."

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey, be fair now, this Vulture Droid's wings point the opposite way. ;) Yeah, I don't get why we're seeing this toy again, and why they seem to be using the non-transforming version that fires missiles instead of the cooler transforming one, or why we're reusing these at all when the Ep 1 versions were kinda flimsy and not that much fun.