PDA

View Full Version : Journal of the Whills (kinda explained?)

JEDIpartner
04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
It was just a passing reference but an important one nonetheless. I was reading a few pages of the "Making of ROTS" book before turning in last night and there was a passage that read something to the effect of "When George started writing in 1971, it was Artoo who was giving the information to the scribe of the Journal of the Whills. This took place 100 years after ROTJ."

Interesting to note...

Pendo
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM
The original trilogy was always told through the eyes of the droids, so I guess in a way THAT could be the Journal of the Whills?

PENDO!

El Chuxter
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Now if we can just get an explanation for "The Son of the Sun" and some info about what Yoda is, we'll be set.

Pendo
04-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Now if we can just get an explanation for "The Son of the Sun" and some info about what Yoda is, we'll be set.
To be honest I don't really want any information on what Yoda is. I don't want to know what he is or where he's from. I like the whole mystery about him. :)

PENDO!

stillakid
04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
To be honest I don't really want any information on what Yoda is. I don't want to know what he is or where he's from. I like the whole mystery about him. :)

PENDO!

The Prequel to the Prequels shows that Yoda is the clone son of Joda, a simple elf just tryin' to make his way in the universe. Joda will perish via beheading and Yoda will avenge his "father's" death by learning the ways of the Force. Confuse his enemies he will by out of order his words speaking.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2005, 10:28 AM
The Prequel to the Prequels shows that Yoda is the clone son of Joda, a simple elf just tryin' to make his way in the universe. Joda will perish via beheading and Yoda will avenge his "father's" death by learning the ways of the Force. Confuse his enemies he will by out of order his words speaking.
Now, I had heard that Yoda is actually the clone of Yooda (or Yodaa, I forget which) who was about 7 ft tall, young, well-spoken but not too wise. When they cloned him, he became a "Bizarro" version of Yooda.

The Journal of the Whills was the diary of Adolf Palpatine, the worst person in the galaxy (later, it is determined to be a forgery, written by Thracken Sal-Solo). The opened it on a live Holonet-cast in a vault in Imperial City (by noted host Gherall Eva-Reera).

Seriously, I know how ROTS will end: all of a sudden, the action on-screen will become cartoon-like, and the screen will be framed like it's a book. Then, the words being spoken by an off-camera narrator will appear in script form at the bottom of the screen, as the last page of the book turns, revealing the back cover of a book, The Journal of the Whills. And the narrator? Bobby Ewing, telling us all that this was just a dream.

Pendo
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Seriously, I know how ROTS will end: all of a sudden, the action on-screen will become cartoon-like, and the screen will be framed like it's a book. Then, the words being spoken by an off-camera narrator will appear in script form at the bottom of the screen, as the last page of the book turns, revealing the back cover of a book, The Journal of the Whills. And the narrator? Bobby Ewing, telling us all that this was just a dream.

Wow, sounds awesome!!! That's the best ending ever, better than I ever imagined! I can't wait for this movie! :crazed:

PENDO!

stillakid
04-08-2005, 12:04 PM
as the last page of the book turns, revealing the back cover of a book, The Journal of the Whills. And the narrator? Bobby Ewing, telling us all that this was just a dream.

So that whole bit about Mace getting kicked off the island doesn't really happen? :sur:

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I thought it was "the son of suns".

Beast
04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I thought it was "the son of suns".
I thought so also. And it referred to the 'Twin Suns of Tatooine'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
That part about Tatooine, I did not know was confirmed, though I remember it was one of the possibilities on the forums brought up when that Son of Suns thing first came about.