PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy has the FX sabers in.

robert michael
04-07-2005, 03:34 PM
and their the new type.
only 3 batteries

megaprime33
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Anybody else find it weird that best buy has these?

robert michael
04-07-2005, 05:40 PM
i looked on line and could not find them.
they had 5 by me

BigBuck71
04-09-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm an employee at a Best Buy in Slidell, LA. I work in the "media section" that will be selling these. Along with the store exclusive Darth Sidious .45 scaled lightsaber hilt, we got four each of the Vader/red, and the Anakin/blue F/X lightsabers today.

Sith Lord 0498
04-13-2005, 08:48 PM
GameStop and Borders are also selling the MR Force FX sabers (Vader and Anakin - ESB and ROTS versions respectively).

BigBuck71
04-14-2005, 01:48 AM
I plan on buying both the Vader/red and Anakin/blue FX lightsabers this Friday at Best Buy where I work. We only have three blue, and two red ones left for sale. I did buy the mini Darth Sidious Best Buy exclusive lightsaber handle/hilt this week. It is only about 2 1/2" long, but very detailed. I know there is a very rare "gold" variation out there somewhere, but I'm happy with the regular one I got. I can't wait to get the FX lightsabers...very soon!

RaiderInNY
04-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm an employee at a Best Buy in Slidell, LA. I work in the "media section" that will be selling these. Along with the store exclusive Darth Sidious .45 scaled lightsaber hilt, we got four each of the Vader/red, and the Anakin/blue F/X lightsabers today. Big Buck, I just sent you a private message...check your Inbox! lol

Sith Lord 0498
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Never thought it would happen after all these years. I finally found a Star Wars collectible that my wife actually said "That's actually worth the price you paid."

Even with my Emperor Palpatine cane/clasp set at only $100, Michele didn't think it was worth it!!!

Guess it was the sound effects and the way the blade lit up from the bottom to top. :)

BigBuck71
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey, "RaiderInNY". I responded to your private message tonight. Check you inbox and respond to me when you can.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Never thought it would happen after all these years. I finally found a Star Wars collectible that my wife actually said "That's actually worth the price you paid."

Even with my Emperor Palpatine cane/clasp set at only $100, Michele didn't think it was worth it!!!

Guess it was the sound effects and the way the blade lit up from the bottom to top. :)
Cool, that's sorta the response I get with these, although the price tag still makes some friends balk. Any more details on the 3-battery FX saber?

sith_killer_99
04-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I ran across the first Vader FX saber and almost bought it. If the new one is any better...and I can actually find it, I may buy one. :D

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 08:13 PM
If the Vader saber has a better swing sensor and more crash sounds, I think I'll have to cave and get it, and I'll feel like a doof for it too since I already own the first version. ;)

BigBuck71
04-16-2005, 02:11 AM
I got both the blue/Anakin one, and the red/Vader lightsabers today at work at Best Buy. We had a great time dueling with them at work. We'd already opened up a Vader one earlier in the week to show to customers. I brought in my Anakin one and we played around with them. Showing them off actually helped me sell two Anakin blue lightsabers to customers tonight. They are great. The look incredible in the dark! I dueled with my 5 year-old daughter tonight after work outside. They are very bright and vivid in the dark, and sound really loud. There are many "swooshing" sounds as you wave them around and the "power up" and "power down" sounds send chills down my spine! :eek: The "clashing" sound when the two lightsabers hit each other is very nice too. These are definitely worth the money! The lightsaber hilts/handles are almost exact in the attention to detail and replicating the real ones we see in the movies. I love them. Now, I want to get the purple Mace Windu FX lightsaber I heard was on sale at some bookstores? Anyone see that one lately? Maybe at a Border's or Books-A-Million? Please let me know here if you have seen it out there. Thanks! I highly recommend the Anakin and Darth Vader FX lightsabers! Look for them at your local Best Buy today! :D

JediTricks
04-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I saw Mace's at Borders a few weeks ago, they had it on clearance for $100, but it had been opened.

BigBuck71
04-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I'll look for a new, unopened Mace Windu lightsaber. I'd rather buy mine new. Thanks. :)

knightone
04-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Well, I'll look for a new, unopened Mace Windu lightsaber. I'd rather buy mine new. Thanks. :)

Any Mace FX sabers out there currently are leftovers from a year or two ago. MR is planning to re-release the Mace FX Saber this summer, though. Be patient and I'm sure that you will see them at your Best Buy in the next couple of months.

Just know, though, that the Mace Sabers are still going to user older technology AFAIK. They aren't upgrading them with the electronics from the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB sabers, So it will be larger and will still use six batteries instead of three.

RaiderInNY
04-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Older technology? For the Mace? Exactly what?

Is it going to light up the way Vader and Anakin sabers light up? Are they going to have effects sound? PLease further elaborate on the AFAIK technology...

Is it an official summer release for Mace, I want that one!

knightone
04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
By older technologuy, I mean it is a Gen 2 or 3 where the new Anakin and the new Vader is Gen 4. It was one of the first to use the LED's, so it is still similar in operation to the new ones. It will have similar sound effects and light effects, but the components used (like the sound chip and motion sensors) aren't as advanced as the new ones and it will have a wider grip as it takes six batteries instead of three. If you have seen and heard the Vader ANH or Luke ESB models, it is similar. It's not that much different, but if you care about getting the latest improvements, the Mace will be slightly less advanced than the new ones. However, if form over function is your stryle, then the Mace certainly is the coolest of all the FX sabers with the purple blade, the rubberized sections of the grip and the gold accents it is probably the most elaborate of the line.

Yes, it is an official summer release. MR announced it on another board and some of the online dealers are taking preorders on them now.

BigBuck71
04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Mace Windu lightsaber. I look forward to getting it this summer sometime. I'll keep an eye out for it!

buddatrooper
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
i picked up the anakin saber at game stop and man these are nice!!! i cant wait to get the vader and mace sabers later on. this is my first MR and i cant wait to get others.

Darth Grifter
04-30-2005, 04:39 PM
i went and picked up the bb exclusive last night...man, it's sweet looking...my store had like ten of them! couldn't believe that i hadn't missed the boat on these. they also had FX ani, and FX vader...cool. if you were at C3, they were all over the place, i expect demand for these high end toys to go up...

Slicker
05-01-2005, 04:24 PM
My Best Buy (in Virginia Beach) had 3 of these Sidious Sabers in when I went today. I wasn't looking for them and therefore didn't buy one.