PDA

View Full Version : Just what makes a SW spoiler a spoiler?

Mace Windex
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Any long time SW fan knows for the most part what is going to happen in the film. How come the only jedi left are Obi-wan and Yoda? Hmmm, I don't know. Why is Anakin wearing that Vader suit? Hmm, because it looks cool? Where is Luke and Lea's mom?
Personally, the only spoilers to me could be specific details like "so and so gets killed when so and so sneaks up behind him/her and jabs a saber through his/her back." Of course, names must be inserted.
So I'm wondering, what do we consider spoilers?

Mace

Slicker
04-08-2005, 02:39 AM
From what I can tell from some of the other threads EVERYTHING is a spoiler. This includes even the trailers and toys both of which can be easily attained and are official releases. I could care less due to my spoilerish ways.:p

Pendo
04-08-2005, 05:08 AM
It's really personal opinions what you consider a spoiler. Some people don't want to know anything, which includes not seeing trailers, posters, pictures, etc.
However, some people (such as myself) only consider non-official sources as a spoiler, so anything that is revealed through the official website/official magazines is alright to read.

PENDO!

CaptainSolo1138
04-08-2005, 07:46 AM
However, some people (such as myself) only consider non-official sources as a spoiler, so anything that is revealed through the official website/official magazines is alright to read.

Ditto. Anything from LFL, Insider, Hyperspace, etc. isn't a spoiler, IMO.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
A spoiler goes on your car. A SW spoiler has yoda on it.

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Good one, KH. :silly:

I mainly don't want to know details, motivations, specific lines, surprises (eg, the Death Star in AOTC), etc. I already know how it will end.

kool-aid killer
04-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Im trying to avoid spoilers, and by that i mean more specific details than what i already know. I know Anakin will turn, what all Jedi will remain, who "wins" in this one. I simply dont want to know who kills whom and where at after what happened. I want to sit through the movie enjoying what all occurs in the screen with a open mind, instead of sitting around wondering "when is (blank) going to happen?"