PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird from Walmart.com Important Detail (merged)

Dark Annie
04-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I just read this on Walmart.com and I didn't see it in any of the threads. I apologize if someone has already posted this.

According to the walmart.com anyone who has purchased the Early Bird kit online is to send the PACKING SLIP instead of an original receipt, (most people assumed this anyways,) which is needed for the Early Bird kits purchased in stores.

This was listed at the bottom of the description:

Early Bird Certificate Package Includes:
Early Bird Certificate
Colorful Display Stand with Star Wars Picture
Star Wars Club Membership Card
Star Wars Sticker Sheet
Star Wars Hyperspace Trial Membership Certificate
Pre-Addressed Envelope
Submit the original packing slip with the pre-addressed enevelope

I hope this helps anyone who was uncertain what to send in to hasbro. And again, im sorry if this was previously posted. Peace.

DieselsDen
04-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Hoo-boy! My first time post as a newbie here (great site, by the way!), and I'm going to ask a stupid question: What is the packing slip if it's not the receipt? The Instructions clearly say "original cash register receipt (no photocopies accepted)"

Forget it! I just realized that you guys are talking about the Early Bird package as ordered off the site.

Get this: I bought two of these things at the Wal-Mart store during Midnight Madness and both rang up on one receipt. Now I have to go back to Wal-Mart and get them to issue a second original receipt to redeem both offers! (I have twin sons who don't care to share.)

Beast
04-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks man...

I was pretty sure that was what would be asked for, but nice to see it confirmed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WesleySr
04-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks Dark Annie. I ordered mine also from WM.com and was wondering that very question. Thanks for the heads up.

Veers
04-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the info.

Fluke Skywalker
04-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks! I emailed Hasbro on Saturday night with this very same question and they still haven't gotten back to me.

BanthaPoodoo
04-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Just to be on the safe side, I am going to send both the packing slip, & the receipt from my order history at walmart.com....

Dark Annie
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm glad I was able to help. I think im going to order a second early bird kit because I feel the need to keep one in package. So which ever one looks nicer I'll keep in package, and the other I will open and send away for the figures (which I will also keep in package.) I hope I don't have to actually wait until December to receive my four figures. Peace.

Darth Vader 2005
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I too bought my early bird kit from Wal-Mart.com and wasn`t sure what to send so I sent the packing slip and the reciept from my order history.Glad to know I sent the right thing by sending the packing slip.

Dark Annie
04-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I just read this on TheForce.net and posted this as soon as I could. This Could Be Important to those who ordered there Early Bird kit online:

UPDATE: Jeremy Kline writes in to let us know the walmart.com details: I just got off the phone with Hasbro...and they said that if we ordered the Early Bird Certificate off Walmart.com that we need to send in the original packing slip that came in the box along with the UP Code. Good news...thanks Jeremy!

The Full Article: http://www.theforce.net/collecting/story/WalMart_Early_Bird_Clarification_91130.asp

I guess I'm not very bright, but I don't have a clue what the UP code is. Is the UP code on the Packing Slip, or is it something seperate ?!? If it is something seperate from the packing slip that needs to be sent, then I have no clue. If this UP code isn't something to worry about then please let me know. I haven't sent anything in yet, so I guess im ok either way.

Sorry to freak out if this is nothing new, but I don't want to screw up and not get any figures. Thanks.

ronhudy
04-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I just read this on TheForce.net and posted this as soon as I could. This Could Be Important to those who ordered there Early Bird kit online:

UPDATE: Jeremy Kline writes in to let us know the walmart.com details: I just got off the phone with Hasbro...and they said that if we ordered the Early Bird Certificate off Walmart.com that we need to send in the original packing slip that came in the box along with the UP Code. Good news...thanks Jeremy!

The Full Article: http://www.theforce.net/collecting/story/WalMart_Early_Bird_Clarification_91130.asp

I guess I'm not very bright, but I don't have a clue what the UP code is. Is the UP code on the Packing Slip, or is it something seperate ?!? If it is something seperate from the packing slip that needs to be sent, then I have no clue. If this UP code isn't something to worry about then please let me know. I haven't sent anything in yet, so I guess im ok either way.

Sorry to freak out if this is nothing new, but I don't want to screw up and not get any figures. Thanks.

It's actually the "UPC" code...you know, the "barcode" on the package itself. On the Early Bird set, it's on the bottom corner on the back, and it's a very-well applied sticker. I ended up cutting mine out still attached to the plastic and mailing it in like that...

Dark Annie
04-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Heck.. I'm pretty stupid. I never made the connection "UP" - "UPC"... Wow im dumb. Well thanks for tellin me cuz i didnt realize i needed to send the UPC. By the way, i think i will try to get my UPC sticker off with goo-gone. I love that stuff. Almost as good as Windex. (All Greeks use windex...)

Anyways thanks for the clarification. Peace.

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 07:51 PM
UPC - Universal Product Code

Never heard anybody in any industry call it a UP Code, but it's not inaccurate to do so I suppose.

WesleySr
04-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Hey all, I found this pic on the starwars.com website. This is apparently what the figures are going to look like.

Dark Annie
04-09-2005, 09:34 PM
They look pretty good to me. I like the telescoping lightsaber. I can't wait to get them.