PDA

View Full Version : TRU Action Figures

WesleySr
04-08-2005, 08:07 AM
The TRU in Charleston, WV did something very interesting with their figures and I was wondering if this is something that an employee just took the extra time to do, or is this how the figures were supposed to be done. The figures in my store are set on the pegs so that each peg is filled with the same figure. One peg is nothing but #01 Obi-Wan Kenobi, another peg is nothing
#02 Anakin Skywalker, etc. Now, they don't have them in the numerical order on the pegs, but it is very nice, especially for variation hunters.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I love when stores do that. It makes it easier to see what is what and dont have to go diging through the pegs.

HighLordDave
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
At MM, the TRU in Barboursville had shopping carts full of figures out with one figure per cart in addition to one numbered figure per peg. Of course, by Monday, they had all been scrambled up, but it looked nice on Friday night/Saturday morning.

moulman
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I havent been to TRU yet, but at my WM they did this-it was alot easier to see what they had.

evenflow
04-08-2005, 09:40 AM
At MM, the TRU in Barboursville had shopping carts full of figures out with one figure per cart in addition to one numbered figure per peg. Of course, by Monday, they had all been scrambled up, but it looked nice on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Yeah they dd the same at the TRU in NJ that i went to.

darthverbo
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
That is awesome when they do that! It never last more than a day though before they are all mixed up again. :)
I've started to find some of the other figures I couldn't find on the 2nd. namely #33- #40. Vader's medical droid has been hard to find!

Now when I go back to Wal-Mart or ToysRUs I have to go though ALL the figures again and again to find the ones I need! :mad:

Ji'dai
04-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Yep, all the local stores (except K-Mart) had the figures separated by character on the pegs. I've seen this done before at FAO Schwarz in the past but it was the first time I've noticed the big box retailers doing it.

It was convenient, a lot easier to check out and pass on figures more quickly :D

By the time I found #33-40 at Wal-Mart on Wednesday the neat organization had continued to entropy. I had to hunt through all the pegs to find all the figs in that range.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
By the time I found #33-40 at Wal-Mart on Wednesday the neat organization had continued to entropy. I had to hunt through all the pegs to find all the figs in that range.

I had to do that Monday at WM, must have knocked 10 figures to the floor. Good thing I already had those 10. :D

Rocketboy
04-08-2005, 12:40 PM
That was they did at my TRU, which I didn't even notice until everyone got their figures and there were rows of Yodas and Chewies.

Scackmgack
04-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I think all stores which sell Star Wars figures in mass quantities should be forced to peg figures this way under penalty of death. :mad:

Strategist
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
For MM my TRU did that same thing(they only had 1-12 though :( ) So it was easy to grab stuff.

hestep99
04-08-2005, 05:05 PM
All MM should have done this that way the 1st person in line could have the opritunity to buy all that was available first. And so on and so forth. Then after the fact you know then mixing them up is ok. With mass quantities and mass consumers this is the way to go. My MM experience at WM didn't go so smooth but I got everything they had available. Thank goodness.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2005, 09:13 PM
My local TRU did this for EP2 and it lasted about a week. Now the same store has half the pegspace for SW figures, they're all mixed up and the other 2/3s of the figure inventory are in those red wire bins. Cool idea, but you'd need a OCD patient or SW super fan employee to keep it up.

Ji'dai
04-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Nice thing about the large character photos in the bubble makes browsing much easier no matter how retailers organize the figures. But as KH mentioned, I still manage to knock several off the pegs while looking though.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I noticed on MM that the pallets that were pulled out with the pre-packed shipper on it had the same figure down each row for the most part. That made grabbing what I needed amongst a sea of chaos a bit easier. As far as stores in my areas organizing their pegs, I haven't seen it yet.

On a side note I find it funny that the "L" bracket on the top of the cards that are used to hang the figures on the pegs are for the first time since 1995 facing the opposite direction. While reaching deep into a full peg of figures I'll constantly catch myself trying, as if it were a built in reflex at this point, to remove the figure by moving it to the left off the peg when they now need to be moved to the right. lol

General_Grievous
04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
This is what my Target does. Pretty good, but it takes away the fun and surprise of finding a figure that you don't have stashed behing a pegwarmer.

Jaina Solo
04-09-2005, 12:56 PM
It would be so nice if the stores around here did that. I think Wal-Mart started out this way, but it's just a mess in there now.