PDA

View Full Version : Holographic Leia at Conventions

evenflow
04-08-2005, 08:49 AM
I didnt notice this posted anywhere, there will be an exclusive Holograpgic Leia at the CoOns this year. A sneak view of the figure with be at C3. More info is on the official site, and it seems it will be sold at the starwarsshop as well. :D

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I guess they went away from silver and into holographic stuff.

JEDIpartner
04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Apparently...

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Is that all that bad though, at least they are somewhat movie accurate. Unless they rerelease the movies like that one episode of Spongebob where everything is chrome........................

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Uh . . . what? Why would they make a full-scale holo Leia? She only appeared as a hologram once, and they already made that "figure" with R2-D2. Since they're on such a hologram kick, why not make actual holograms from the films? I could definitely go for a holo Senator Palpatine and Sio Bibble. Ah well, it could be worse.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I'd still like a Holo Darth Maul with arms crossed standing next to Darth Sidious as seen on the Trade Federation ship in EP1.

I'm about as interested in these Holo figures as I was in the Silver line, which isn't much, but for whatever reason I still end up buying them. :stupid:

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Didn't they make a Darth Maul like that, exclusive to WM? *JT gets up, looks at his Ultarama display with Ep 1 on it, comes back* Yes, they did, it's a non-articulated figure but it's in scale and holo-style translucent blue/purpley with sparkles.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah I remember that one, as well as Qui-Gon but if my memory serves me correctly they were both permanently attached to those rather large light-up bases. I can't recall if Maul had his arms crossed or not like we saw in the film but I never saw those in the stores or I probably would've bought Maul and tore him off the base. Having both Sidious and Maul together would be cool though, I loved how Sidious was seated and Maul was standing over his shoulder so they'd need to make another Holo-Sidious (seated) for an accurate representation. When you consider so many people missed out on the EP1 Sidious I'm sure it would be well received.

Beast
04-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Nope... they weren't permanently attached to the base. And yeah, Maul's arms are crossed as seen in the film. The only thing poor about it is the face sculpt, it's not very well done, so it looks fairly generic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
04-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Nope... they weren't permanently attached to the base. And yeah, Maul's arms are crossed as seen in the film. The only thing poor about it is the face sculpt, it's not very well done, so it looks fairly generic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

But how good do any of us really look as a hologram? :p

LTBasker
04-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I don't look too bad, but tends to add like 10...or 20 *cough* pounds.

JJB's right, the WM holo figs weren't attached to the base. Actually they didn't stay on the base all that well, eventually they got 'used' to the peg and they don't have much weight so they would fall at the lightest shake of'em. Maul was better though because he has a larger bottom due to his cloak, Qui was the worst.

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
The Maul one seems small, it's a little shorter than the holo Sidious figure (I have them together in my display), but in retrospect it's not that out of scale since Maul was a pretty short guy. Still, this one is definitely too short, shorter than TC-14 even.

As for this Holo Leia, I would definitely buy this if it weren't too expensive or too difficult to get. I'm a sucker for that bit, even out of scale (the Holo Luke figure was too small for his hologram, but I bought him anyway). I hope they're able to get coloring right and maybe work in some scan lines on her.

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on the Holo Maul guys. Like I said before I never saw him in person so I never had the opportunity to buy one. I might look into getting him now though as it seems he is closer to the actual movie hologram than I had initially thought. :)

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 04:45 PM
This wasn't a particularly rare item, WM had a ton of these left over for years, though I think only QGJ actually made it to ultimate clearance (a few of my stores still have that QGJ fig in fact), so it shouldn't be expensive on the aftermarket.

Here's some photos of it in the old SSG database: http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=10755

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 04:54 PM
JT, during EP1 I lived in NYC and we had no WM's there. Can you grab me one of the QGJ's and Maul if possible?

ALso, who attending a convention is going to be lucky enough to grab me a Holo Leia?

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the picture link JT, for whatever reason they sure take forever to load though.

I have to agree with JJB's comments about the face sculpt. The likeness to Maul isn't great and it looks like it could be a hologram of just about anyone but I'll probably still pick it up if I can find it.

Beast
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Kidhuman, according to StarWars.Com, the Leia will be sold through the Online Store just like Holographic Palpatine was. Just the prototype will be available for viewing at CIII. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
04-09-2005, 07:34 PM
So it will be a SDCC exclusive?

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes and a hook up please TW?

Slicker
04-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Hopefully JJB's right and this is sold through StarWars.com. I'm getting sick of having to depend on other people to pick up convention exclusive.

As for the Qui Gon and Maul Holographs I was only able to pick up the Maul as I never saw the Qui Gon and I'd heard that it wasn't released. Man I was wrong there.

Turbowars
04-09-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL, Yeah Yeah OK. Hey I'm not ordering ROTS cases. So I can't help you on the crispy Annie. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I seriously doubt that this figure's sculpt will be new at all. It's an exclusive. :p Remember the Holographic Emperor from last year? Or more recently, the Holographic Yoda? Nothing new but the transparency.

How much are those Qui-Gons, JT? I never got one (I have Maul though).

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks and Thanks

Ji'dai
04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Kidhuman, according to StarWars.Com, the Leia will be sold through the Online Store just like Holographic Palpatine was. Just the prototype will be available for viewing at CIII. :)

So after SWS.com sticks the Holo Leia in one of their plastic condom display cases the figure will end up retailing for $12-13. No thanks.

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 05:40 PM
KH, I'll keep my eyes peeled, but don't expect too much at this point. It has been 4 or 5 years now and even my worst store has finally cleaned up a little so that sort of thing may have been wiped out finally.

Hellboy, I noticed that, I think it's the old ad server that's not online causing the problem, it's on every single pic in the old SSG database. Sorry about that.

JabbaJohn, I dunno, I think part of the problem at the Duarte store was that as of last year, they had come OFF clearance and were full price again.

Leia's a StarWarsShop.com exclusive, so while it is the convention exclusive I cannot see a possibility that this won't be available on SWShop as well.

Obi-wedge
04-10-2005, 09:25 PM
The hologram Maul looks pretty good if you think about it. He was not too clear in the transmission from the movie...kinda stepping in from behind. I have a feeling we will have the opportunity to see a lot of jedi holograms after ROTS comes out. The jedi ARE spread about the galaxy.

mastermatt24
04-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Dont tell hasbro that.. :dead:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I think it's kinda cool they're finally doing something fun to a leia figure for once.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its Da 'Ox

stillakid
04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I think it's kinda cool they're finally doing something fun to a leia figure for once.

I suppose it's better than what some fanboys probably have been doing to their Leia figures. :eek:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
I suppose it's better than what some fanboys probably have been doing to their Leia figures. :eek:

I was counting on a remark like this! You da best Stilla :D

HEY SenatorHuman, good to see you moving up in the world darlin'! :)

stillakid
04-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I was counting on a remark like this! You da best Stilla :D

I noticed that you set that up on the tee and nobody took the shot. :D

And no, YOU da best, Deox! :D

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
HEY SenatorHuman, good to see you moving up in the world darlin'! :)

Some of us are trying to make something with our lives. :D :beard:

Turbowars
04-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Some of us are trying to make something with our lives. :D :beard:To bad moderating is a set backwards.:evil: ;)

Banthaholic
04-15-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm actually excited for this. I'm willing to shell out a few extra dollars to the SWStore.com for another exclusive, especially a different OT figure. Sure we already have the one that came with the commtech R2 and it'll be non-movie accurate, but I'm all for promoting imagination and more different figures. I hope one day they decide to do 3 3/4" holo's of the Falcon 'chess' pieces.

Lobito
04-17-2005, 06:13 PM
They already released Darth Sidious, The ghost 3 pack (Anakin, Ben and Yoda), The small Leia Hologram (the best IMO), Darth Maul and Qui Gon Jinn (the worst) and now Leia...am i missing someone? Anyway, i back up the idea of the dejarrick(spelling) holo figures... Voila and hello again my friends!!

darko666
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
to the best of my knowledge, these are all the Holo figures Hasbro/Kenner released:

Holo Mini Leia(comes with R2-D2)
Darth Maul Holo(Light Up)
Qui Gon Jinn Holo(Light Up)
Ben Kenobi(Lays exclusive)
Holo Yoda(TRU exclusive)
Emperor Palpatine(Star Wars Shop exclusive)
Darth Sidous(Episode 1)
Anakin, Ben, Yoda(Cinema Scene 3 Pack)
Holo Luke Skywalker(Jabbas Palace - Saga 2004) does this even count as a holo figure?

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Mini holo Sidious (SAGA Count Dooku & Lott Dodd accessory)
Mini holo Kenobi (SAGA Bail Organa accessory)

JediTricks
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
You also forgot Spirit Ben from the OTC line.

darko666
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
You also forgot Spirit Ben from the OTC line.

i knew i was missing some more. i haven't bought any of the OTC figures yet, so the Ben slipped my mind. but thanks for the reminder.

Hellboy
04-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Thats a complete list of all the clear figures produced to date but not all of them are holograms. I suppose POTJ Chewy's dejarik pieces could be considered legitimate holograms but I wouldn't put them in the same category as the rest because they're game pieces not holographic transmissions of SW characters.

Holographic transmissions:
-POTF2 CTC: mini holo Leia w/R2-D2
-EPI: Darth Sidious
-EPI: Darth Maul -WM exclusive
-EPI: Qui-Gon Jinn -WM exclusive
-SAGA: mini holo Sidious w/Dooku and Lott Dodd
-SAGA: mini holo Obi-Wan w/Bail Organa
-SAGA: Luke Jedi Knight -Jabba's Palace
-OTC: Emperor Palpatine -SWS.com exclusive
-ROTS: Yoda -TRU exclusive

Holograms:
-POTJ: Chewy's dejarik pieces

Jedi Spirits:
-Mail Away: Ben Kenobi -Lays exclusive
-POTF2: Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan -Cinema Scene
-OTC: Ben Kenobi -Dagobah

jwmc1971
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
replying to : HELLBOY .... i got that holo-maul and it had this cheese ball light up gimick on it ...sorry if this has been posted ..but it was kinda meh...:ermm:

Slicker
04-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Here's a picture of the Leia from RS.

stillakid
04-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Here's a picture of the Leia from RS.

Why in the name of Life Day is a Holographic Leia holding a gun?

Turbowars
04-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Why in the name of Life Day is a Holographic Leia holding a gun?The Holographic World is very hostile. :p

You know, why didn't they use the Commtech version?

Ji'dai
04-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Probably the same reason the Holographic Emperor needs a holographic cane. Even holo Yoda has a holo lightsaber. Hasbro...

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
ALl the holo figures have come with sabers, Ben, Luke, Yoda, why not this one?

What they need do make is Anakins shadow going off on the Tuskens inATC. That would be a sweet figure.

stillakid
04-22-2005, 11:41 PM
ALl the holo figures have come with sabers, Ben, Luke, Yoda, why not this one?

What they need do make is Anakins shadow going off on the Tuskens inATC. That would be a sweet figure.

Because, the idea of a hologram is that it is showing what is in the "field" at the moment that the hologram is sent or recorded. Leia never had the gun up and at the ready while she was recording herself into R2. This winds up being an EU figure just like Spirit Sebastakin.

Slicker
04-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Why in the name of Life Day is a Holographic Leia holding a gun?I wondered that same thing when I posted it but you can't argue with Hasbro anymore. They're gonna do what the hell they want so long as it pi**es people off.

Kidhuman
04-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Because, the idea of a hologram is that it is showing what is in the "field" at the moment that the hologram is sent or recorded. Leia never had the gun up and at the ready while she was recording herself into R2. This winds up being an EU figure just like Spirit Sebastakin.

BUt I am agreeing with you. Hasbro has made 3 holo's of Jedi all with sbers and thye never used sabers in holo scenes either. Justcontihuing in the line of WTF is this one doing with a weapon holo figs.

Slicker
04-23-2005, 11:05 AM
And another thing she doesn't even have her hood up like in the ONLY scene where she's a holograph. This to me looks like it's the FF new likeness Leia just molded in transparent blue plastic.

evenflow
04-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I really is an odd choice, but it doesnt look bad.

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
This to me looks like it's the FF new likeness Leia just molded in transparent blue plastic.

It is... it's not bad, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
I saw it in person . . . it looks okay. I was expecting them to at least use one with a hood up, but why would they do something like that? The cardback, though it was extremely pixellated and only the back, was the OTC version, so that's good. Unfortunately it has an extremely long write-up on the back that I hope will be gone once the figure comes out. I got some old SOTE figures I still needed at CIII, and I quickly grew tired of the novels on the cardbacks!

DarkArtist
04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
When is this figure going to be available at Star Wars Shop ??? I'm a completist so I will most likely pick 2 up one to customize.

DarkArtist
04-28-2005, 11:59 AM
When are they going to produce mini verisons of Nute Gunray and rune Harko from TPM, Also a cool idea would be a new version of Holo Sidious with his walker droid, maybe a Supreme Chancellor Palpatine at his office with a small holo greedo senator like in the beginning of AOTC ???? What about a small holographic Vader to use in our AT's instead of the light up screen image. This could be a great idea for a fan club exclusive, mini holo pack with vader a new version of holo leai, rune and nute, maybe a holo clone trooper and even sidious on his droid walker. :)

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I also saw the Leia at CIII and even though the figures looks good, I still do not understand why Hasbro chose to go with the hood down since she never appeared as a holo with her hood down in the movie.

darth_robb
05-15-2005, 12:34 PM
At the booth where they had the Holo Leia on display, the rep said that they are most likely going to have pre-orders available on the web so that if you attend Comic Con you can just bring your receipt and pick it up which will cut down on the lines. They also said it will probably be available through the shop site as well.

Veers
05-28-2005, 11:39 PM
This is news to me. That would be cool.

Ramy
06-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Can someone pick one up for me? They are only selling them and the comic conventions. You can preorder them for pickup on www.starwarsshop.com but you can't buy one there.

AmanaMatt
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't find this to even preorder....just see the breakfast one - after 24 hours for just a preorder, is she already off the list?!?! Well, irritation continues on every level with these darn comic con exclusives

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Here's a pic of what we will be buying.

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Thats cool looking. I'm glad they used the OTC style of packaging on this one. Does this mean we'll eventually see this packaging design return in the future?
I sure hope so.

Turbowars
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Well from the sound of things (GH) yes the OTC and VOTC will be back very soon. I will be a happy camper. I can't wait until ROTS card is long gone.

JEDIpartner
07-05-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm hoping this B*tch will be available to the general public after ComicCon. I would have loved to have gotten one of these.

Kidhuman
07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
You still can if there is a forum member willing to get you one. Con isnt for another two weeks I think. Work out that trade.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Anyone know what booth we will be picking this up at?? Lucas arts?? Hasbro?? there's no listing for starwars shop or the fan club that I can see?

mastermatt24
07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Although im not sure- I would take a guess and say that it would be in the same place as it was last year- in the SW "pavilion" thing. Nice to see you back deoxy. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks and THanks :)

I finally found an old email from starwars.com and yes indeed you are correct, it is in the star wars pavillion.

thanks again MM :)

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey D'ox, long time.

TheDarthVader
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I tried to preorder mine, and she is not there! What happened? Was this figure ever listed as a preorder on swshop.com? Can someone shed some light on the situation here?

B.
TDV

gsr-jedi
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I tried to preorder mine, and she is not there! What happened? Was this figure ever listed as a preorder on swshop.com? Can someone shed some light on the situation here?

B.
TDV

They stopped pre-selling them from SWS, you'll still be able to buy them at the Con though.

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
It was only available to pre-order if you were attending the SDCC and you wanted to pick it up there. I'd imagine it will be available to purchase on SWShop.com sometime after the convention.

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 12:02 AM
So I get my Leia's at the Con yesterday and notice that it's missing the 2 guns. I thought for a second it was a error, but it turns out that hasbro didn't include her 2 guns in the bubble. Starwarsshop.com said that Hasbro made them, but all the barrels of the guns were too short. Sounds like BS to me, I think Hasbro just cut another corner to save a few bucks.

plasticfetish
07-18-2005, 05:51 AM
So I get my Leia's at the Con yesterday and notice that it's missing the 2 guns.I guessed that it was more than likely a case of Hasbro not bothering to come up with a new bubble insert. (It wouldn't have made any sense if the holo figure had come with guns anyway.)

-----

My thoughts: This item is really half-a**ed. How hard would it have been to have done some new arms at the very least? Let alone maybe an all new scene accurate sculpt with her hood up.

...and then there's the whole $13 or $15 if you want one with a "protective case" thing. Two bucks for a case? Wow, thanks for the bargain.

If these convention exclusive figures are supposed to be promotional pieces, then Hasbro has failed miserably here. This one doesn't exactly say, "We make great stuff." If the slap-a-ComicCon-sticker-in-the-corner-and-call-it-special figure is merely a way to gouge the fans (while helping to pay for the cost of the booth) then they've done a fine job I suppose.

stillakid
07-18-2005, 09:04 AM
If these convention exclusive figures are supposed to be promotional pieces, then Hasbro has failed miserably here. This one doesn't exactly say, "We make great stuff." If the slap-a-ComicCon-sticker-in-the-corner-and-call-it-special figure is merely a way to gouge the fans (while helping to pay for the cost of the booth) then they've done a fine job I suppose.

I agree. The Mexican "two pack" (Luke and Yoda) was far superior even though the figures themselves weren't. I expect that the figures in a promotional piece may or may not be brand new, but the packaging is really what sets an exclusive apart from anything else you might find on the pegs. A little square sticker is pretty lame.

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
The thing is the whole figure is wrong. They should have used the Commtech version. Another thing is I think Hasbro did make a new tray for this figure. If you look at OTC version of this leia, you will see that she is facing right and the Holo version is facing left.

plasticfetish
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
If you look at OTC version of this leia, you will see that she is facing right and the Holo version is facing left.Yep, you're right. Which does add another dimension of lameness to this figure.

Hellboy
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Yep, you're right. Which does add another dimension of lameness to this figure.

lol You guys are making me reconsider trying to get one of these. :Ponder:

msjedi
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
It was only available to pre-order if you were attending the SDCC and you wanted to pick it up there. I'd imagine it will be available to purchase on SWShop.com sometime after the convention.

You can now get your Holo Leia at starwarsshop.com for $14.00 plus shipping.

plasticfetish
07-18-2005, 09:18 PM
$14.00 plus shipping.Unless you're dying to have it (just to have it) I'd say save your money. $14 plus shipping? That's close to $20 for this thing. Might as well save it and buy a(nother) 500th figure Vader.

...or see if GG has any extra silver Jango Fett Bust-ups to sell. (That was a nice exclusive and it was only $5.)

JEDIpartner
07-19-2005, 08:14 AM
It matters not now. It's long been sold out from what I can tell. *sigh*

TheDarthVader
07-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I didn't get to order one. I was too slow. I just checked back on this thread this morning. Oh well, some say it is not worth it.

B.
TDV

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Im passing on it as well...

Darth Alex
07-20-2005, 01:42 AM
I jumped on it and ordered it yesterday....glad I did since the bloody thing is SOLD OUT already. They really need to make these things available longer.
I have.....HUGE reservations about owning this figure for A the price and B the fact that the hologram should be the blue/sparkly white version like the FILM or heck, like the R2D2/POTF2/Commtech pack in.

Anyway, this is one exclusive that I would bet will be way down in price before year's end. Look at the ROTS Target Clone exclusive-last week when I checked on ebay, there were a LOT of me on there for around maybe a 4-5 $$$ markup over retail.

I'll post when I get it in August....I'm just a SUCKA for the holographic stuff and clear or see-through one color toys. Like the Plo and Aalya ROTS Holos coming out. CAN NOT WAIT, honest to GOD!

fett4112
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
She is Back! Looks like they found a few extra to sell at $14 over at shop starwars.

For those who must have every figure...order quickly

(and yes, I am sucker for exclusives)

spang2005
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Just picked this up. The price really doesn't bother me. A, it's an exclusive. And B, $19.95 with shipping is a lot less than it would have cost me to get a plane ticket, hotel, etc.. to actually go to Comic-Con. I think it's worth it.

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Ordered mine along with the exclusive Wedge Antilles yesterday.

I don't mind the price. It is in line with what most of the other exclusives run and I only needed one for my carded collection. It isn't a nice enough figure for me to want loose.

Jedi Drew
07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Is it sold out again??? I tried the starwarsshop and it wasn't listed??? Anyone have a link???? :confused:

Slicker
07-20-2005, 07:07 PM
It must be sold out. I tried it at about 5pm and it wasn't available. Oh, well. They'll be on Ebay for a low price shortly.

Jedi Drew
07-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Yea, I tried at about 6:00 and couldn't find any listings. Thanks, thought I was just me... :crazed:

bobafrett
07-22-2005, 12:26 AM
I managed to get one on eBay for slightly more than it is at Starwarsshop.com. I got it, and she looks good, not sure if these all came with a Star Case, but mine was shipped in one.

plasticfetish
07-25-2005, 04:52 AM
So... now we see (from over at mousedroid.com) that this figure wil be sold at K-mart in Australia for whatever their basic figure price is.

The photo on their site...

holo leia (http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/hololeia.jpg)

...shows the figure carded with it's little holo-blasters also.

:confused:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2005, 10:41 AM
So... now we see (from over at mousedroid.com) that this figure wil be sold at K-mart in Australia for whatever their basic figure price is.

The photo on their site...

holo leia (http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/hololeia.jpg)

...shows the figure carded with it's little holo-blasters also.

:confused:

Hopefully they'll at least remove the SDCC sticker ;)

TheDarthVader
07-25-2005, 12:10 PM
I am about to get one off ebay for $23.50 and that includes shipping. I missed the starwarsshop order the 2nd time around too. :( Once again, I was too slow.

B.
TDV

gsr-jedi
07-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I just noticed, the case she comes with will hold the ROTS figures. I don't know if the Star Case 3 are out or not yet, but I thought it was interesting.

plasticfetish
07-26-2005, 02:51 AM
but I thought it was interesting.That is interesting. Gonna have to look into that....

Turbowars
07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah I took one of mine Leia's out and used the case for my Shock Trooper.

bobafrett
07-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Let me ask a stupid question then, perhaps it has already been answered earlier in this thread, but do all the holo Leia's have holo blasters? I got mine, and noticed it was lacking the guns, but had places for them in the bubble. I wonder of I got a fake, or is this the way they were at comic con?

Slicker
07-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't have a Holo Leia yet but I believe that at the last minute they decided not to include the holo blasters.

Turbowars
07-26-2005, 08:48 PM
yeah, no one got blasters. Looks pretty stupid without them.:rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I think what happened is that hasbro put blasters in with her in the first place (ala there are pics of her with them) and then realized derrrrr, that she doesn't have blasters in the hologram, or hologram blasters anywhere in the film, so they took 'em out but were to "whatever" to change the plastic holder (is there an action figure scientific word for that holder ...anyone know?).

But we still paid 15 or more cuz we're a bunch of sheep lol

plasticfetish
07-27-2005, 02:17 AM
I think you're right. Just the same, it looks even more silly with those empty slots in the...
is there an action figure scientific word for that holder ...anyone know?That may be open territory. Being that you're a scientist and a toy collector... you may be the most qualified to name it. ;) (I've always called it a "bubble insert.")

Deoxyribonucleic
07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
(I've always called it a "bubble insert.")

That's it...THAT'S IT!! I knew there was a name for it and I'll be damned I couldn't think of it! Thanks PF. Shoot, I forgot to ask you as you mentioned a bit ago that we missed each other at the con...how, when, where??? :)

TheDarthVader
07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, bubble insert sounds good to me.

I am confused about the blasters though. At comic con, they showed the toys r us exclusive holographic emperor with lightsaber. Also, the kashyyk transmission exclusive yoda included a holographic lightsaber. But now they are saying that accessories should not be holographic? Whatever. I think hasbro is trying to save some money and make more $ from us "sheep".

B.
TDV

plasticfetish
07-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Shoot, I forgot to ask you as you mentioned a bit ago that we missed each other at the con...how, when, where??? :)Tycho mentioned, when I turned up at the Hasbro SW panel thing, that you'd just left. (Heck, for all I know we walked past each other 1000 times that day.)

But now they are saying that accessories should not be holographic?I don't know that they're really saying anything by including or not including the holo-weapons.

BanthaPoodoo
07-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Wanted to share that they are back over at SWShop.com. They say they are not in mint condition, but hey, if you want one, $11 isnt too bad!!!

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=103956;category_id=334;pcid 1=;pcid2=

Hellboy
07-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Received mine today. The figure isn't impressive at all but the overall presentation is nice and those of you that thought the blister insert looked stupid with the empty gun slots are right on. The Star Case is strange too as I can't seem to figure out why it has the angled sides. :confused:

Still I'm glad I got one and that it arrived in mint condition but man, why does SWShop.com have to pack these things into a box that has no wiggle room? My Star Case has stress marks on it because it was such a tight fit. :mad: And someone really needs to let these people know one piece of paper packed into a box doesn't help protect anything. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
07-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Received mine today. The figure isn't impressive at all but the overall presentation is nice and those of you that thought the blister insert looked stupid with the empty gun slots are right on. The Star Case is strange too as I can't seem to figure out why it has the angled sides. :confused:

The case it comes with is for ROTS cards, but will fit most other cards. That's why it looks strange.

jjreason
07-29-2005, 08:19 PM
The carded figure looks bad, I agree they should have either included the guns or changed the bubble insert.

Bottom line - Holo Leia should have been a different sculpt, put in the package in that semi-bent over state reaching for R2...... who's picture should have been on the card where her hand ened. What could have been a neat figure turned out to be........ not.

bobafrett
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
The carded figure looks bad, I agree they should have either included the guns or changed the bubble insert.

Bottom line - Holo Leia should have been a different sculpt, put in the package in that semi-bent over state reaching for R2...... who's picture should have been on the card where her hand ened. What could have been a neat figure turned out to be........ not.

Yes JJ I agree, I was showing this figure to a friend of mine who used to collect Leia's and R2's. She said that they should have made the figure bent over to simulate putting the stolen plans into R2 or perhaps turning off his record mode. Or if they wanted her standing up, they could have posed her more in a way that looked like she did when she wasd asking for Obi Wan's help.