PDA

View Full Version : The BEST figure from EPISODE III so far is...

Mace Windex
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
I'f had to give the title so far to C-3PO. IN my opinion, he is the best version EVER of a 3 3/4 3PO. The only thing I could ask for to improve him would be for knee and elbow joints. Still, I give him a 5 out of 5 stars. That's a lot coming from me because most figures rate around a 1 or 2 for me.
What do you folks think?
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0518c-3popose.jpg

mm74md
04-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Best figure(s) to PLAY with

#1 Obi-Wan, #2 Anakin, #9 Grevious, and Mace. My son & I are having a blast with these. I especially like the saber-hand so the action can get intense without breaking the sabers.

Best Figure so far

(Widely available) Count Dooku (Lucky to get at MM) AT-TE Tank Gunner. I think this will change if I get my mitts on the Clone Commander

mephisto designs
04-08-2005, 10:54 AM
That new 3PO definetly rocks. My number one in the set is the Clone Commander, is just a great looking fig and you can pose him just about however you want. I also really love the deluxe Greivous. It just looks so awesome, the paint of the preview one with a nice 4-armed sculpt. Very cool looking on my shelf.

HighLordDave
04-08-2005, 11:00 AM
The clone commander is pretty damn cool. He's got a flip down visor, rifle, 2 pistols and some weird zip-line thingie. I rate the Clone Commander 9/10 on the coolness scale.

anti-hero
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Haven't picked up 3po yet, and haven't found the clone commander... :cry:

So for me it has to be Dooku. This figure is so much fun to play with!

I also love Obi-Wan (the first one). I know there are much better ROTS figs but for some reason I just love this figure. I just wish they would've given him the correct lightsaber. He also looks great in AOTC Pilot Obi's cloak.

DarthWaffle
04-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm Gonna give it a tight tie between Dooku(for amazing sculpting and friggin awsome articulation) and the delux GG. His little pop up arm action works pretty well and the figure just looks great. He can even hold up Shaak Ti by her neck and arm just like in clone wars. "You're Tired, Jedi." Ha! Love it!

Mace Windex
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Speaking of cloaks, I'm glad I bought a surplus of those accessory packs for Episode I years ago. The Jedi cloaks in those sets are very nice. I have Extra MAul cloaks as well. Bonus sabers too!

MAce

sr9
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
The Jedi cloaks in those sets are very nice. I have Extra MAul cloaks as well. Bonus sabers too! yeah I have a lot of bonus sabers also :D but I have only 1 extra cloak

ronhudy
04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I agree with C3PO and the knee/elbow joints...a great looking fig. Also, glad to see Dooku with a cloth cape, a shiny cape chain, and great articulation. A decent-looking face sculpt, too. I also like the Clone Commander...he is one cool dude with cool accessories. And my son absolutely loves the Blue Royal Guard...he opened one up so far, and really liked the uniform under the cape.

megaprime33
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
For me it's too early to tell since so far I only have 2 figures and one of them is sealed. I have grievous with the 4 saber attack and he's pretty good. I love that you can do so many poses with him. Once I buy more and open I'd be able to give a better opinion.

For non basic figures I highly recommend unleshed Grievous. Definately a great mold. Worth every penny.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 12:32 PM
I am gonna go with the CLone COmmander. He straight up rocks.

Rocketboy
04-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I'f had to give the title so far to C-3PO. IN my opinion, he is the best version EVER of a 3 3/4 3PO. The only thing I could ask for to improve him would be for knee and elbow joints.And he needs a thumb too.

jedi master sal
04-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Seeing as I only got up to #32, I'd have to say the Clone trooper is my favorite. I'm biased though because I'm an army builder, but the articulation is great and the action feature doesn't get in the way at all.

I'm greatly anticipating buy the AT-TE gunner, Clone Commander, Clone Pilot.

Then after those the new Wookiee Warrior, Neimoidian Warrior, Utupauian(sp?) warrior...basically any of the army builders.

Casual George
04-08-2005, 01:50 PM
C-3PO gets my vote as well. The over all sculpt is great and they finally got his head and eyes right!

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Its kind of a toss up for me. On the one hand Count Dooku is an amazing figure and there isn't anything I don't like about him. Amazing articulation and the likeness is probably the best I've ever seen on a SW figure. Just like jedi master sal though I'm an army builder and will always have a soft spot for the troopers, so having said that I'll have to agree with the majority here and say the Clone Commander but only because I'm biased.

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Out of the few I've opened, the Royal Guard is the best, followed closely by the Clonetrooper. They all look like really, really cool figures, though.

hestep99
04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
All the clones are sweet (still looking for 33,34, & ATTE) but I gotta mention the jedi chicks. I haven't opened but they look darn cool.

JetsAndHeels
04-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Out of the ones I have opened, I really like Count Dooku, the Clonetrooper, Aayla Secura, and GG (4 saber attack). Very good articulation on the first 3 I mentioned, and the GG has a cool battle feature IMO.
I am sure the Clone Commander and Clone Pilot are great too, but I just haven't been able to find any in the stores.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I am sure the Clone Commander and Clone Pilot are great too, but I just haven't been able to find any in the stores.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the Clone Pilot. He is nice from the neck down with decent articulation but the lack of a removable helmet or even a helmet with a transparent visor killed my excitement regarding this figure. Add to that he has the wrong skin color (much to white to be a Clone of Jango) and is packed with a radar dish that is little more than a glued together version of the dish that came with Pilot Padme and unfortunately you have a figure that doesn't really measure up to the quality of some of the others. :(

JetsAndHeels
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm actually pretty disappointed in the Clone Pilot. He is nice from the neck down with decent articulation but the lack of a removable helmet or even a helmet with a transparent visor killed my excitement regarding this figure. Add to that he has the wrong skin color (much to white to be a Clone of Jango) and is packed with a radar dish that is little more than a glued together version of the dish that came with Pilot Padme and unfortunately you have a figure that doesn't really measure up to the quality of some of the others. :(

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately I have not been able to make such a judgement, being that I've never seen it in a store. Hopefully I will soon enough.

mephisto designs
04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree on the pilot, it is a cool fig, but the lack of clear visor is just laziness in my opinion. Its a nice fig none the less though, clean sculpt (despite the visor), good paint, good articulation...