PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Cut Scenes List - (Spoilers)

Beast
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I have to say I'm sorry to see so many good scenes are hitting the cutting room floor. Hopefully the DVD will have most of them. And will also restore a great deal of them to the movie. Especially all the stuff on the FedCruiser, the discussion of the Dark Side, Obi-Wan and Padme's talk, and Yoda landing on Dagobah. Hell, it's a shame to lose any of this stuff. Especially the stuff that adds to the story on Corsurant. :(

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he knows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Crazy Yoda scene - Is that the scene that's supposed to contain the rumored bit where Yoda farts? Or did that end up being a false rumor?

But if that scene did contain Yoda ripping one, then I am glad to see it cut.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
It would just be stupid to cut a lot of this!

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers) - So Shaak Ti won't even be in this movie? I'd imagine that she'd only be in the part where he kills her. So now what's the point of having a ROTS figure of her? I suppose it would be nice to have that scene move along swiftly and not drag, but . . .

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing - Meh, it could go.

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters - This would be very interesting to see. It seems very important too . . .

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate - Again, this would add more to the story and be important. Cutting it would be dumb (unless it's mostly just reiteration).

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he knows they're in love - For the third time, this would be important to the story.

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme - I hope Mon Mothma is still in there!

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head - There'll be enough scenes of the two of these guys together.

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate - I hope we see Jar Jar at least once, but I don't really want too much of him.

75: Anakin confronts Padme - Important.

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau - Not sure what this would entail.

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga - As long as it makes sense why he's riding her, I'm okay with that scene being cut.

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine - This seems important . . .

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition - Sounds kind of dumb.

93: Utapau windmill - No idea about this.

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST - No farting Yoda . . . yay!

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah - Let's say it again, together: IMPORTANT! I suppose, though, that it could easily show Yoda leaving and then showing up again in ESB, but I would've liked to have seen Dagobah.

General_Grievous
04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey Lucas....

trimming down Jar Jar....GOOD!

trimming down Dagobah.....BAD!!!

BTW, JJL, Shaak Ti will be in EpIII, she'll just die in the Jedi Temple rather than the Federation cruiser.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Jar Jar gone...good stuff,

Dagobah gone....bad stuff

The rest, meh.....

The 'Xir
04-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Wow! I know the story from the Audio CD's and IF alot of these scenes are cut....I don't know? This could turn out to be bombad! Especially Palps darkside chats, and Ben confronting Padme about Anakin and the Baby! I don't see HOW this can be cut! With what's left I don't see how Lucas can expect to convince us how Anakin so willingly goes to the darkside without some of these explanations!
He can't just solely rely on the 'saving Padme from death' thing as the reason! Oh wait, it's Lucas, yes...yes he can I guess! :rolleyes:

2-1B
04-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Now why do they even let this info get out before the movie is released ? :confused:

I won't miss Dagobah, no reason to see it and the Boga scene is probably unnecessary, who knows . . . what worries me is to read about scenes between the characters being cut - they did that with AOTC (Naberrie family) and then filled in the gaps with nonsense like half of the Droid Factory stuff (Threepio's nonsense).

Some of these sound interesting so I hope they make the DVD. :)

Slicker
04-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I personally would like to see the Dagobah scene if anything, like many have said before, to kinda clear up the Luke familiarity thing.

Beast
04-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I personally would like to see the Dagobah scene if anything, like many have said before, to kinda clear up the Luke familiarity thing.
Not really. I believe all Yoda does is take an Escape Pod from the Tantive IV down to the planet's surface. The familiarity thing is more likely due to Yoda's presence, not the planet it's self. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darko666
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
the dagobah scene is not really worth seeing. we all know yoda arrives there, so there is no point to see it. it would just take up time that is more important for something else. and the mace confronting palpatine was re-shot when mace arrives with that other 3 jedi in palpatines office. i would have enjoyed seeing GG kill off the jedi, but she gets hers by the "future" lord of the sith in the temple massecre(can't wait to see that). thank god he cut the intro battle scene from 40 minutes to 20 minutes. to bad lucas didn't elaborate more on Fett in this movie. what a waste to even bring him in Episode II.

2-1B
04-10-2005, 01:49 AM
I've had enough of Fett and while I liked him in AOTC I don't need to see him this time.

Binks I agree with you on the Luke Dagobah familiarity thing, I like the idea that it was familiar because of Yoda watching him from afar all those years.

Slicker
04-10-2005, 02:27 AM
I do agree that it was a waste to bring Fett into AOTC if you're not going to feature him in the next movie. I personally think that Lucas unfortunately catered to all of the Fett fanboys out there by including him in the movie. They clones could've been based off anyone from the Trilogy or a new character. Why did he have to pick a Fett?:rolleyes:

As for Luke's familiarity question I had forgotten that he takes a pod or gets dropped off on the planet and Luke being watched by Yoda is a decent explination. Or possibly Luke looks out the window to see Yoda's pod plummeting towards Dagobah? Just a thought.

darko666
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
As for Luke's familiarity question I had forgotten that he takes a pod or gets dropped off on the planet and Luke being watched by Yoda is a decent explination. Or possibly Luke looks out the window to see Yoda's pod plummeting towards Dagobah? Just a thought.

i'm guessing that they personally drop him off and say there goodbyes in person and the twins are there to see yoda for one last time. except for luke who meets yoda again in the OT. thats my guess. but since they cut it out of the movie, i don't know how they will do that scene.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 03:08 PM
i'm guessing that they personally drop him off and say there goodbyes in person and the twins are there to see yoda for one last time. except for luke who meets yoda again in the OT. thats my guess. but since they cut it out of the movie, i don't know how they will do that scene.

According to a passage in the ROTS Incredible Cross-Sections book, Yoda takes a Polis Massan-built pod to Dagobah. It would seem that the Tantive IV launches Yoda down to the planet from orbit. The other interesting tidbit the book gives is that Yoda disassembles the pod and uses its parts to create the framework of his hut.

The 'Xir
04-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm confused with this whole luke familiarity thing! Although I'm upset Lucas didn't address this more, at first I thought you guys were suggesting that because Yoda was there at his birth, and on the Tantive 4, that when Luke goes to Dagobah in ESB he "senses" Yodas' presence in the Force and that's what feels so familiar! However, now reading some of your guys latter posts, and (forgive me but) cheesy reasonings, you're confusing me as to what you think that actual familiarity is? Although I would have liked something else, I'm content with what I described as the reasoning above.

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2005, 06:09 PM
According to a passage in the ROTS Incredible Cross-Sections book, Yoda takes a Polis Massan-built pod to Dagobah. It would seem that the Tantive IV launches Yoda down to the planet from orbit. The other interesting tidbit the book gives is that Yoda disassembles the pod and uses its parts to create the framework of his hut.

Also, from a book I saw at TRU the other day, the pod is from Kashyyk. Tarful & Chewbacca help him escape with this very same pod.

Sith Lord 0498
04-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Also, from a book I saw at TRU the other day, the pod is from Kashyyk. Tarful & Chewbacca help him escape with this very same pod.

Yoda uses two pods in the movie. The first is from Kashyyyk, and that's the one Bail Organa and Tantive IV lock onto. The second (the one Yoda takes to Dagobah) is from Polis Massa. The cross-sections book shows both of them, one right after the other.

2-1B
04-12-2005, 01:00 AM
'Xir, Yoda says about Luke "all his life have I watched while he looked away blah blah blah" . . . Yoda was 'watching' over Luke his whole life via The Force so when Luke gets to Dagobah he is already tuned in to The Force and Yoda's presence, that 'something', is what feels familiar to him.

I don't think that's cheesy. At all.

Beast
04-12-2005, 02:13 AM
'Xir, Yoda says about Luke "all his life have I watched while he looked away blah blah blah" . . . Yoda was 'watching' over Luke his whole life via The Force so when Luke gets to Dagobah he is already tuned in to The Force and Yoda's presence, that 'something', is what feels familiar to him.

I don't think that's cheesy. At all.
Bingo, Bango, Bongo! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Aaaah, thinks for pointing that out!! -- going to climb back under rock now --