PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Toy Fair - Battle Packs, Evolution Sets, Spud Trooper!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Mousedroid.com apparently has pictures of a lot of new items, including Battle Packs, Evolution Sets, more carded items, and Darth Tater's henchman, he Spud Trooper! Unfortunately I can't access the page on this computer, but RS had a small preview. Clone Armor Obi-Wan looks okay, but he's not that great. I'll have to see later . . . unless someone wants to post pics?

Sith Lord 0498
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Here's my take on some of the items previewed at the Aussie Toy Fair (and pics to go with it).

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clonetrooper Armor): Absolute crap!!! Wouldn't it have been more accurate, more aesthetically pleased, and easier to put a decent Obi-Wan head on an SA Clone body and give him robes and a helmet??? You be the judge.

Sith Lord 0498
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Darth Vader (Meditation Chamber): I would've liked it better if the chamber was larger and not so claustrophobic, but it looks great nevertheless. I like the inclusion of the crane arm to remove Vader's helmet.

Unfortunately, I can't get the file size down within limits and still keep a well-cropped pic. Maybe somebody can jump in with this one.

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, he (Obi) kinda looks like doon-doon. :(

kool-aid killer
04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
If a Spud Trooper is true, im in heaven right now. Sweet!

Obi Wan in clone armor is disappointing, he looks a little too bulky. Maybe the body will be improved before it hits.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Obi-Wan looks ridiculous. I'm actually kind of glad though because I no longer have a reason to pick up these Battle Re-Packs.

JEDIpartner
04-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm with you on that one!

beckmen
04-08-2005, 04:38 PM
The Battlepack looks good because of the non-animated Clone Wars figs.

Clone Trooper with Jetpack looks good
Darth Vader on Operating Table looks awesome
Mustafar looks pretty cool, I might have to snag it someday. Maybe.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay, now I'm getting to see them.

Uh . . . what would've been so hard about making a good Clone Obi-Wan? This looks crappy. I really like the Anakin in that set, though! The Asajj has no pupils and is kind of cool. She looks like an all-new figure! She also looks like she got some sort of breast-enlargement surgery. :D Yoda and Grievous look to be straight repacks. Too bad they didn't even paint Yoda's cloak dark brown like in the cartoon . . .

Looks like the other packs are: Maul, Jango, Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan; Luke, Han, Vader, Chewie, and a stormtrooper. If these are all old, I'll pass.

That evolution set looks great! New AOTC and ROTS versions, plus what is likely the VOTC Vader. I love how he has interchangeable hands, and the Geonosis chain. It looks like a GOOD AOTC Anakin for a change.

The official names for the next wave of deluxe figures are:
*Yoda (Fly Into Battle!)
*Clone Trooper (Firing Jet Backpack!)
*Vulture Droid (Firing Missile Launcher!)
*Darth Vader (Rebuild Darth Vader!)

Looks like we'll still be getting great stuff throughout the year!

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Man, those "official" names are lame! :D

As much as I like Asajj, this figure is a mild disappointment. Not as much blown potential as the armored Obi-Wan, but, well, she never appeared in any realistic format without pupils. That was a design change made for the animated series. They may as well make a realistic-style Mace with a head the shape of a keyhole.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Obi-Wan sucks.

LTBasker
04-08-2005, 07:30 PM
I can't believe it was so hard for Hasbro to take an Obi-Wan head, put it on a Clone body and then sculpt the robe for it. No, they had to make it attachable Clone Trooper armor over his regular Jedi clothes. Seems like it's even more expensive than what they should've done!

The Anakin isn't bad but the face is really really off, and Asajj is cool looking.

The other 5-packs look like repacks of stuff that was returned:

pack 1: MOTDS 2-pack Maul, Final Battle Jango, Screamer Mace, Ani from Ani/Geo pack and what looks like a retooled Obi-Wan.

pack 2: Throne Room Luke, Endor Han, Throne Room Vader, some sorta Chewie and the COMMtech Trooper.

Blah. The Evolution pack looks cool though.

Beast
04-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Agreed. The Anakin/Vader Evolution pack looks great. :)
No real comment on anything else, the 5-Packs Suck and Blow. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Yes it does JJB, love that pack

Jayspawn
04-09-2005, 09:00 AM
The Spud Trooper looks great!

beckmen
04-09-2005, 08:56 PM
The Anakin fig does have a bad face sculpt. You can get Anakin Outland Peasant Disguise for pretty cheap (Brian's Toy's had em for like 2 or 3 bucks), I think though so maybe some customizing is in order...

I'm not as mad about the Obi-Wan Clone Armor fig as you guys are. It kind of matches him from the Clone Wars series.

Hasbro should continue the Clone Wars figures, only ditch the Animation ones or at least give us live-action-esque versions of the figs.