PDA

View Full Version : Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter (merged)

Battle Droid
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/20050408_picview/img/19.jpg

Slicker
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Why does he revert back to the old style fighter? Or is he just eccentric and likes things from the olden days.:p

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I need another Jedi Starfighter about as much as I need another hole in my head. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is I'll probably pick it up anyway and Plo Koon won't even fit in the cockpit. :cry:

LTBasker
04-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Where'd you find that picture? It looks like Anakin's Clone Wars starfighter paintjob on a regular JSF. Very weird.

Slicker
04-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Judging from the link LT I'd have to say he found it at Starwars.com. in the collecting section.;)

LTBasker
04-09-2005, 05:47 AM
That would probably be a good reason why I couldn't find it at Hasbro's site. Assumption is a bad thing...

abell748
04-09-2005, 06:08 AM
I guess it is another of what will be the line up of TRU exclusives this year. I am glad they keep giving me so much I can skip!

DarthZylek
04-09-2005, 09:01 AM
If that really is what it is, I'm not going to be getting one!!

Fluke Skywalker
04-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Geesh! I'll file this one under 'We're not even trying anymore'.

No thank ya, Hasbro.

megaprime33
04-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I dont even have obi-wan's aotc star fighter, why would i get this one, because it's blue? :rolleyes:

Joshkj
04-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Man this thing is sweet, and the Plo Koon fig will fit in it!

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.22CE5B8B-D56F-E112-45A14C237802EC07/default.cfm

General_Grievous
04-09-2005, 02:13 PM
WTF? This is Anakin's Clone Wars starfighter! Well, I'm passing on this. Was Plo Koon the only Jedi who didn't get a new starfighter? He's still got the old Delta 7 model.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Why wouldn't he get a new one? Odd how this looks almost exactly like Anakin's CW fighter. I saw a pic yesterday in some sticker book and thought it was odd. Oh well, it's always good to get new ships. :)

Joshkj
04-09-2005, 03:16 PM
It will perfectly contrast between my Obi and Ani fighters. :) I love it and thhink it looks great.

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
The image is up on the Hasbro site as well. I don't get this though, why would Plo Koon fly an older model Jedi Starfighter that is in the Anakin Skywalker podracing flag paint scheme??? That's why the Clone Wars ship was painted that way, it made sense in that context, but here it seems totally out of place. Maybe they're just recycling that paint app from the CW Ani ship since they're roughly the same shape.

LTBasker
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Maybe Plo's one of them "I ain't gettin one of them tarn-founded new machines, ol' Betsy here can serve me well enough!" types. :D

I don't mind if they're really putting the Delta-7 (I mean..it's only been 3 years) into ROTS, but that paint-job makes no sense.

Turbowars
04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Funny at 1st I did think it was the CW version. But I looked up and I have that one hanging above my computer and Annie's is way cooler.

I look at it like this,

You know how Dodge make Ram pick-ups, well they only use so many colors on them, something like 6. Red seems to be a very popular color and I see alot of them, so there's most likely many Star Fighters with the same color.

Damn that was geeky. ;)

jedibear
04-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Does anybody know if this fighter is including a pilot version of Plo Koon?

beckmen
04-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I missed out on the AOTC Jedi Starfighter, so it's cool with me that this ship's coming out. I'll buy it.

MaquisWarrior
04-12-2005, 03:28 AM
I like this toy because I never got the ATOC Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter or the regular not animated CW Anakin Skywalker Starfighter. In fact I hope the Droid tanks of TPM return, allegedly that tank came back in the CW collection.:frus: :cry: :frus: :dead:

samskull
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Maybe Plo Koon is the only Jedi to not have his ride knocked out from under him throughout the Clone Wars. Too bad Mace picks him for a special assignment! Doh!:eek:

Devo
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Why does he revert back to the old style fighter? Or is he just eccentric and likes things from the olden days.:p

I'd wager its because he realises there was nothing wrong with the old design and it didn't need to be changed. He's tapped into the cynicism of needlessly redesigning something so as to sell more toys. A very clever jedi if you ask me.

mm74md
04-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't know why everyone is in such a huff. Maybe he actually flies this ship in the movie?!?!? Therefore, it will make perfect sense. Either way, I'd pick it up on clearance like the other Jedi starfighters if I get it at all

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't know why everyone is in such a huff. Maybe he actually flies this ship in the movie?!?!? Therefore, it will make perfect sense. Either way, I'd pick it up on clearance like the other Jedi starfighters if I get it at all

I'm currently reading "The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith", and it describes the shooting day that Plo Koon is filmed in his starfighter. He's filmed in the cockpit of the new Jedi Interceptor (as the Cross-Sections book calls it), not the old Delta-7. Even the storyboard shows this.

Unless they reshot it (the book is a chronological account so maybe they change it later), Hasbro screwed up this one.

Devo
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Actually I'm considering getting it. I like the AOTC jedi starfighter and also the new design despite my earlier complaints about it. I also might buy the Clone Wars starfighter which is still pegwarming in my store. That way I'll have a nice theme going with a PT collection consisting of Jedi figures and jedi starfighters.

No doubt, now that I've decided I want the clone wars starfighter, having passed it up countless times, it'll be gone next time I'm at the shop. Thats happened before.

Hellboy
04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Maybe I missed this but has it ever really been announced by Hasbro that this ship is what Plo Koon pilots during ROTS? I kind of assumed it was his ship around the time AOTC took place when the Delta-7 was the standard model of Jedi Starfighter. If this were true than he probably switched to the new style with the rest of the Jedi during the Clone Wars.

JediTricks
04-13-2005, 06:22 PM
The only problem I have is that this is Anakin's paint job.

Maybe I missed this but has it ever really been announced by Hasbro that this ship is what Plo Koon pilots during ROTS? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, you tell me...

Just when you thought Jedi Plo Koon couldn’t get any cooler, he shows up with this wicked starfighter to blast away at Separatist forces in space. Recreate the awesome intergalactic dogfights of Revenge of the Sith

Hellboy
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Haw! Talk about Hasbro sitting on the fence, thats funny.

I agree with your point about the paint job JT. If it wasn't for that I'd consider buying it.

DarthZylek
05-19-2005, 10:06 PM
I had no intensions of getting this, but.....After seeing the movie............

I think that I will be getting this when it comes out. Poor guy!!

Zabbaca
05-20-2005, 11:18 AM
:eek: Plo Koon died in the film while flying his wedge jedi Star fighter in the film. He was laid to waste by two ARC-170!!!

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HASBRO IS GOING TO REHASH THE OLD MOLD TO RELEASE THIS STARFIGHTER THAT WAS IN THE MOVIE FOR LESS THAN 5 SECONDS. WHAT A RIPOFF. (And the sad thing is that I will end up buying it.)

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HASBRO IS GOING TO REHASH THE OLD MOLD TO RELEASE THIS STARFIGHTER THAT WAS IN THE MOVIE FOR LESS THAN 5 SECONDS. WHAT A RIPOFF. (And the sad thing is that I will end up buying it.)

I think it's pretty ridiculous that the ARC-170 had a total combined screen time of 30 seconds or so. It couldn't have been much more than that. Maybe 45 seconds.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
I think it's pretty ridiculous that the ARC-170 had a total combined screen time of 30 seconds or so. It couldn't have been much more than that. Maybe 45 seconds.

Yeah, but it is a pretty important ship, since it seems to be the predecessor to the X-Wing. I like how they threw in the line about locking the S-Foils in attack position.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah, but it is a pretty important ship, since it seems to be the predecessor to the X-Wing. I like how they threw in the line about locking the S-Foils in attack position.

That was a great reference to the OT. I smiled when I heard those words. I almost expected to see the Death Star in the next shot (well actually, I did end up seeing the DS, but not for another 2 hours... :) )

I don't see how it's overly important though. Yes, it's clearly where the design originates, but it's hardly shown at all. A more notable predecessor in ROTS would be the Jedi Interceptor. Its name and deployed wing design both harken back (or would it be forward) to the TIE Interceptors. The Venator-class Star Destroyers and the Theta-class shuttle are two other noteworthy additions. True, neither one of them were featured much, but they were the set-pieces/focal points of their scenes. Attention was drawn heavily to them. The ARC-170s were just one part of a chaotic visual maelstrom.

Blackened88
05-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I think I will just throw Plo Koon into the AOTC Jedi Starfighter instead of buying a new one, whats the point. But I can only do that when they actually make a good Plo Koon ill buy.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I think I will just throw Plo Koon into the AOTC Jedi Starfighter instead of buying a new one, whats the point. But I can only do that when they actually make a good Plo Koon ill buy.

And while they are at it, a nice ROTS Anakin & Obi-Wan to go into their starfighters.

Val Da Car
05-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Ok, if Plo Koon gets a rehash ship (because he is old school or because his ship did not get destroyed) and Obi Wan has his second ship in the movie they must go thru those ships like underwear.

I might buy it (more than likely since I have all of the Jedi ships already).

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Ok, if Plo Koon gets a rehash ship (because he is old school or because his ship did not get destroyed) and Obi Wan has his second ship in the movie they must go thru those ships like underwear.

I might buy it (more than likely since I have all of the Jedi ships already).
Like I said in another thread. I would love for Hasbro to release Obi-Wan's 2nd ROTS starfighter. JUST PLEASE INCLUDE THE HYPERSPACE RING.

Blackened88
05-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Like I said in another thread. I would love for Hasbro to release Obi-Wan's 2nd ROTS starfighter. JUST PLEASE INCLUDE THE HYPERSPACE RING.
I didn't notice a difference while watching the movie, whats the difference?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Obi-Wan's first starfighter is mostly red and R4-P17, the red droid from AOTC, co-pilots it. His second one is mostly blue and a new bronze droid named R4-G9 pilots it. He takes the second one to Utapau.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks JabbaJohn, I couldn't remember the color of the 2nd ship. But like I said before, I only want this if they include the hyperspace ring. Also, the 2 droid things that were holding it in place would be a nice pack in.

Blackened88
05-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I think that instead of packing in one hyper ring they should just sell it separate.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I would rather them see it packed in with the second version of his starfighter. Now Hasbro is more than welcome to sell the E2 version by itself.

Blackened88
05-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes I agree and I think that they should do both actually. So for people that didn't buy a Jedi Interceptor yet can get it and then people like me that already have one Anakin and one Obi Wan Jedi Interceptor and don't want to buy another just to get a Hyperspace Ring can get it. Also I think hasbro should put out the Blue or Purple(I don't know, I'm color blind) Jedi Interceptor that Mace used in the Cartoon.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes I agree and I think that they should do both actually. So for people that didn't buy a Jedi Interceptor yet can get it and then people like me that already have one Anakin and one Obi Wan Jedi Interceptor and don't want to buy another just to get a Hyperspace Ring can get it. Also I think hasbro should put out the Blue or Purple(I don't know, I'm color blind) Jedi Interceptor that Mace used in the Cartoon.

OK, I will agree with you. Hasbro can give us both rings, packaged individually, just as long as they give us Obi-Wan's second starfighter to use with it.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
That makes good sense, Plo's scenes inside the cockpit are filmed in the Ep 3 JSF cockpit set which is pretty different from the Ep 2 version.

Strategist
05-22-2005, 06:41 PM

I really want them come out with the purple one I put Sasee Tin in the anakins green fighter like the cartoon.