PDA

View Full Version : OMG we have tracks from the original score!!!!

Elliejabbapop
04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
You heard it, they're ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! :crazed: :cry: :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Here is the link to go directly to it

Elliejabbapop
04-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Here is the link to go directly to it

I'm afraid that doesn't always work for people outside America, you better look for other links in that thread ;)

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok, didnt know that. BUt the soundtrackis great,listened to a few songs and liked em.

Pendo
04-09-2005, 01:06 PM
All the files have downloaded for me except for track 9. Anyone know anywhere else I can download it? Preferably somewhere that doesn't reveal the track titles, because I don't want to know them!

Ta
PENDO!

Edit: Never mnd, got Track 9 now. Just started listening to them, so far so good! I accidently saw a few track titls, but most of them I don't know what they are or what to expect, so all's good :) Tomorrow I think I'll share with you all what I think is happening on each track.

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Downloaded all of them except Track 2 "Anakin's Dream" and Track 11 "Enter Lord Vader" (probably b/c they were the only two files coming from independentmediagroup.com or something like that).

Anyways, I'm up to Track 05 - "General Grievous", and I LOVE THIS SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Battle of the Heroes" took a few listenings before I could accept it as the new SW theme, and now it just rocks. "General Grievous" is a very fast, frantically-paced piece that seems to fit what we've seen of the general so far (Clone Wars 20-25). "Anakin's Betrayal" had goosebumps popping up all over my body and nearly had me choked up.

I'm listening to Track 6 - "Palpatine's Teachings" as I'm typing this, and so far there's not much melody to it. Mostly very low strings and gutteral groans. Very, very "Emperorish".

I'll post my thoughts on the rest of the soundtrack when I have a chance.

Slicker
04-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I've listened to several of them and I accepted them right away as SW. GG song sounds really good. Track 14 sounded almost exactly like Qui Gon's Noble End though.:confused:

Sith Lord 0498
04-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I've listened to several of them and I accepted them right away as SW. GG song sounds really good. Track 14 sounded almost exactly like Qui Gon's Noble End though.:confused:

It is "Qui-Gon's Noble End" or at least the same themes (I noticed some variation). I assume this is now considered the "Naboo Funeral March" and plays during Padme's funeral procession through Theed.

Listened to the rest of the soundtrack, and this is easily becoming the best of the Star Wars soundtracks. The Grievous music is very rousing and pulsating. The cues involving the Emperor are very malevolent and fit the character perfectly. "The Immolation Scene" is a very un-SW-like piece but it is very disturbing.

I do have two gripes about the music, but they are minor and ultimately insignificant. First off, the latter half of the End Credits is the only thing I don't like about the music. Great pieces and played well, but they don't seem to match up well. Hearing "The Throne Room" from Episode IV was a shock b/c it was so out of place.

Second, I was disappointed that "Enter Lord Vader" and the rest of the soundtrack in fact did not make heavy use of the Imperial March or variations of it. Considering this is Vader's movie (both human and mechanical) I really expected to hear his theme more prominently in the score. But considering this is only a fraction of the full score, I'll withhold judgment until the movie.

Still, amazing work here! Impressive!

Most impressive... ;)

moulman
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
nevermind this post !

Lord Malakite
04-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Hate to be a downer, but you can't link to places for downloading this stuff for free anymore than you can the actual movie or hyperspace material on SSG. If you wish to discuss the soundtrack that is fine though.

moulman
04-09-2005, 11:19 PM
You do have a valid point there.

I hate to be a bigger downer, but how can a thread about a bootlegged copy of ROTS be taken off the boards, but a thread that has a link to a free copy of the ROTS soundtrack not be?

I dont know:ermm:

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2005, 11:31 PM
The links are edited out, moulman. If you want to talk about what you heard, go for it, just don't provide links to the stuff.

moulman
04-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for telling me that, I didnt notice the links were gone until you just posted :p

darko666
04-10-2005, 12:12 AM
this is def. a great soundtrack that fits in well with the other star wars soundtracks. this is by far the best out of the prequel trilogy. a lot of evil harmonic sounds and vocals are contained in this soundtrack. this is a must have for fans.

InsaneJediGirl
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM
I heard parts of the sound track on Star Wars en Direct and Hyperspace.Very cool so far,I like the chorus in the back.Kind of gives it that awesome Duel of the Fates dramatic edge.Cant wait to buy it in the store :D