PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council Members - Question

Dark Annie
04-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Does any one know what happened to some the jedi council members in TPM that are not in AOTC? I was thinkin they should all be dead, but i wasnt sure. I didnt think any jedi masters could just Resign from the council. Im thinking specifically of Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Galia, Depa Bilaba. I didnt see any of them in AOTC. I also dont recall seeing Even Piell, but i heard he was in AOTC. I was just wondering. I'd appreciate any help.

figrin bran
04-10-2005, 02:20 AM
i'm sure someone else can explain in greater detail and there's probably existing threads but basically the council terms have different lengths...yoda, mace and ki adi mundi probably have lifelong terms while the ones you mentioned probably had terms that lasted only X number of years.

Slicker
04-10-2005, 03:06 AM
The only one who's fate I know for certain is Yareal Poof(sp?). He was killed in between TPM and AOTC. As for the others I haven't the foggiest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2005, 12:07 PM
All of the Jedi Council members from TPM returned in AOTC, except for Yarael Poof and Yaddle. I think Yarael Poof was killed by Zam Wesell or someone, and I don't know what happened to Yaddle. The real-world explanation for the lack of Poof was that George didn't want people to mistake the Quermian Jedi for a Kaminoan because they look so similar. As for Yaddle, maybe they wanted to spend their time animating Yoda instead?

Rocketboy
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Yaddle died somewhere between Eps I and II, but I'm not sure where (comics maybe?).

El Chuxter
04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Does any one know what happened to some the jedi council members in TPM that are not in AOTC? I was thinkin they should all be dead, but i wasnt sure. I didnt think any jedi masters could just Resign from the council. Im thinking specifically of Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Galia, Depa Bilaba. I didnt see any of them in AOTC. I also dont recall seeing Even Piell, but i heard he was in AOTC. I was just wondering. I'd appreciate any help.

First, there are rotating positions on the Council. They're not all permanent spaces, but Jedi don't usually "resign" from the Council per se.

Yarael: Stabbed to death in battle aiding Jango Fett and Zam Wessel (!!) in preventing a Force bomb from being detonated on Coruscant shortly before AOTC (either in the Jango Fett or Zam Wessel comic).

Yaddle: Detonates a powerful bomb on another world a few years after TPM, saving billions but sacrificing herself (one of the Jedi Quest books).

Depa Billaba: She's there, but turns to the Dark Side and goes crazy a few months after AOTC. Currently in a catatonic state somewhere on Coruscant (Shatterpoint).

Adi Gallia: She's there as well, but is killed by Grievous a few months prior to ROTS (Obsession, issue #3, I believe).

Oppo Rancisis: He's there, too, and if you look closely, you'll see the tail that didn't appear in TPM.

rust
04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I have a feeling Oppo and Piell were conducting 'Jedi Business' during the time of the meeting, and were not able to make it to that meeting. They are alive, they were seen in Clone Wars Chapter 21.

General_Grievous
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
What about Eeth Koth? I didn't see him in AOTC...

El Chuxter
04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Eeth is strangely unaccounted for. I think he appeared very, very briefly on the Council in AOTC, but the Zabrak Jedi on Geonosis was Agen Kolar.

Jek Porky 2002
04-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Agen Kolar was originally supposed to be Eeth Koth for the Arena sequence, however, after filming it was decided that the new actor they got in for AOTC looked nothing like the guy they had for TPM, so changed his name to Agen Kolar.

The same goes for Adi Gallia, they got a new actress in for the arena and Chancellor's office scenes and then realised that she looked too different to the actress who played her in TPM, so they changed the name to Staas Allie.

The footage used for the Jedi Council sequence in AOTC was the same as TPM, appart from two jedi the replaced:- Yaddle replaced by Shaak Ti, and Yareal Poof replaced by Coleman Trebor. This is probably to just to freshen the whole sequence up, so that it doesn't look exactly the same as TPM which was, after all set 10 years before AOTC.

They likely just chose these two because of the reason that someone else said in an earlier thread, Yareal looks too much like a Kaminoan, and it would be twice as much work to animate Yaddle as well as Yoda.

DiminutiveJedi
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Adi was killed in the conclusion of obssession. I believe issue five, it was?

"No, but they gave me extra arms."

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2005, 08:00 AM
So now we know what happened to dearly beloved Adi! What happened to Eeth though?

Tom Foolery
07-07-2005, 02:17 PM
If you look in the Incredible Worlds of AOTC book on the pages dealing with the Battle of Geonosis, one of the little pictures mentions that the Gunship you see get hit from the POV of Mace and Ki-Adi's Gunship is carrying Eeth Koth. He died on Geonosis.

Jek Porky 2002
07-08-2005, 05:43 AM
Eeth Koth wasn't on Geonosis, that was Agen Kolar.