PDA

View Full Version : ?'s on Quick Draw Clone Trooper #06

ace2005
04-10-2005, 04:48 AM
?'s on Quick Draw Clone Trooper #06

This maybe obvious to some or not, here is some information on the Quick Draw Clone Trooper, that I just recently discovered after I opened it that he has at least 13 points of articulation, which is plenty, two weapons a blaster and a rifle, also he has a blank shoulder patch and one with the insignia these are found below the label at his feet. Well, the points of articulation I am counting are

01 - head turns
02 - shoulder rotates
02 - elbows bend
02 - wrist turns
02 - legs at hips split
02 - knees bend
02 - ankles turn

13 - points of articulation

Guess, I am wondering what is going to be special about the fully 14 point articulated clone trooper #41, which I believe the extra articulation is due to the waist movement, which is removed in #06, because of the quick draw action. Also, #41 seems to only have one weapon and both shoulder patch seem to be in place from the pictures in the package, indicating it may or may not have a change in insignia shoulder patch. Any clarification would be appreciated or any other opinions would be cool.

good luck,

WesleySr
04-10-2005, 06:26 AM
OK, I may be wrong but I thought that if a figures knees bent that was 2 points of articulation and if they rotate that was also 2 more POA.

01 - head turns
02 - shoulders rotate
02 - shoulders bend
02 - elbows rotate
02 - elbows bend
02 - wrists turn
02 - legs bend at hips
02 - knees rotate
02 - knees bend
02 - ankles rotate

19 - points of articulation

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Universal joints are generally counted as 1 point of articulation even though they are technically 2 joints because they are articulation at 1 point on the figure. The shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles (which you missed Wesley, so it'd be 21 POA by your count ;)) are each counted as 1 point of articulation, and many people commonly refer to them as "ball joints" even though they're not because of their rounded shape and similar range of motion.

As for CT 41, he'll have the mid-waist articulation, a slightly weathered paintjob, and there's some sort of antenna on the prototype photo which may be a removable backpack

Turbowars
04-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Just look at as another way to get your hands on some Clones.

MaquisWarrior
04-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Quick Draw figures never work/look right. I used to have some Butch Cassidy/Inidana Jones/ and Zorro-LoneRanger Hour toys which had so-called quick draw features and the figures gun arm is smaller than it should be. Is it that the character is supposed to be drawing a gun bent armed. Look at the first Han Solo figure, it looked like Sundance without the button in the back. The more recent Han Solo Cantina Encounter figure is better by far but lacks the "quick draw" feature that the Clone trooper would have. My question is why would a Clone Trooper need to have a quick draw, unless they are at the academy testing on the firing range for a promotion or contest? In the real military/SWAT police , the trooper should have have to pull out their side arm unless their primary weapon (most likely an AR-15/M-16) is completely out which would be unlikely since they carry LOTS of ordinance (ammo). The soldiers are expected to exhaust all ammo at their disposal including their dead buddy's and the enemy(since the AK47 cartridges fit the M-16) if available before they take out the .40S&W or Colt45 which is more of a CQB (close quarter battle) tool when the enemy is right on top of you or vise versa. Since most soldiers currently in Iraq are/were city police officers or private security guards they prefer a .9mm or a .357 magnum/.38 revolver which are more common and easier to use in the States because they are used to it even though it is against regulations for obivous reasons, mainly since those weapons do not exist outside of collectors in that part of the world.

LTBasker
04-12-2005, 03:55 AM
I think you're looking waaaaay too deep into the issue, especially when the quick draw is just a fun little thing that doesn't disable the figure in anyway. Except for waist movement, but it still gets along fine without that.

Btw, a 7.62mm cartridge from an AK-47 cannot fit in a 5.56mm chamber without a conversion kit or an actual gun designed for it.

You get my vote for most random though.

MaquisWarrior
04-12-2005, 04:49 AM
LTB:I knew I forgot to put something on the AK47/M-16 issue. Thanks!

samskull
04-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Remember spear-chucking Kenobi from AOTC with Rosie Palm Action?! That would've been a great Quick Draw! figure. :D

aricajade
04-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I bought the Darth Vader case for my son, and when we got out the Clone Trooper that is packed with it, I found it to be far superior to the #6 CT. We have trouble getting #6 CT to stand up (because of the stupid leg squeeze thing). But the one from the figure case is awesome. He has the mid waist articulation as described in an earlier post on this thread, and I actually wondered if he would be the #41 CT with a clean paint job instead of the expected "dirty" paint scheme. He doesn't come with a gun...bummer....but he rocks!

HighLordDave
04-12-2005, 12:49 PM
The Clone Trooper that comes with that case also has the old-style AOTC/Clone Wars style helmet, not the ROTS/stormtrooper helmet.

MaquisWarrior
04-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Remember spear-chucking Kenobi from AOTC with Rosie Palm Action?! That would've been a great Quick Draw! figure. :D

Speaking of spear chucking, why was Qui-Gon packed with a spear in the Beast packs back in TPM days? Lightsabers don't work underwater?

LTBasker
04-13-2005, 04:04 AM
I believe it was based on a cutscene with Qui-Gon was supposed to get out and fight the Opie. Apparently in TPM, lightsabers weren't supposed to be able to work underwater- there was a cutscene from the swamp where Obi explains he forgot to seal/turn-off his lightsaber before getting into the water so it died for awhile. Hence why Obi-Wan was running from that Battle Droid STAP instead of fighting it.

Jayspawn
04-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Well said LTBasker. And if you look at Obi-Wan during that scene -hes all wet because he had fallen into a water hole and burned out his saber. Qui-Gon then reminds him to be more careful. Nice editing job though.

The Clone Trooper #6 is just a great figure. I have 8 already.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
So at what point do the lightsabers become able to work underwater? Kit Fisto used his underwater in the CW cartoons.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Good question. His might be made for that since he can go underwater with out accessories for breathing.

Jayspawn
04-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Remember WesleySr, that Clone Wars is just a cartoon and because of that, there is exception to certain things: For Example, when Mace Windu is fighting and then he jumps and goes soaring hundreds of feet into the air and lands a mile away -can only happen in the cartoon and not actualy in the movies. So therefore, a lightsaber probably doesnt actually work under water -I dont think it does.

Scackmgack
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
If you want to be canonical, the scene with Obi-Wan's lightsaber burning out in the water never made it to the screen, so it never took place, canonically...therefore, for all we know, lightsabers DO work underwater. ;)

Jayspawn
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Lets not go there. But since you did Scackmgack. Theres a deleted scene also in Episode I where Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and JarJar get out of the sub and get to shore. BUT WAIT! Since that scene never hade it into the actual picture, they must NEVER have gotten out of the Sub! Good God, they're still in there!

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Remember WesleySr, that Clone Wars is just a cartoon and because of that, there is exception to certain things: For Example, when Mace Windu is fighting and then he jumps and goes soaring hundreds of feet into the air and lands a mile away -can only happen in the cartoon and not actualy in the movies. So therefore, a lightsaber probably doesnt actually work under water -I dont think it does.

So that means if it happens in a non-animated film that it must be real. Like Obi-Wan jumping from the lower platform in the Theed Generator Core all the way up to the level where Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul were fighting.

AmanaMatt
04-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, I dig the quick draw clone trooper, but partly because I know the SA version is coming. Not that the quick draw one is lacking, it is just that the SA one won't have wierdo shoulders.....all in all, I dig the clones this round. Much cooler helmets, and so far, one heck of a variety of them. I just finished Rubublic Commando, and am still in Clone mode....

jwmc1971
04-15-2005, 01:14 PM
"""If you want to be canonical, the scene with Obi-Wan's lightsaber burning out in the water never made it to the screen, so it never took place, canonically...therefore, for all we know, lightsabers DO work underwater. ;)""""
definition of canonical........" basic: reduced to the simplest and most significant form possible without loss of generality; "a basic story line"; "a canonical syllable pattern" WTH ?? sorry man , i had to look this up to see what the hell you were talking about .lol lol lol

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:26 PM
definition of canonical........" basic: reduced to the simplest and most significant form possible without loss of generality; "a basic story line"; "a canonical syllable pattern" WTH ?? sorry man , i had to look this up to see what the hell you were talking about .lol lol lol

Thanks, I was also lost on that one.

jwmc1971
04-15-2005, 06:41 PM
film students...:D

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
I picked up 2 more of these at Target yesterday, thankfully they have lowered their basic fig prices to $5.24, which made the decision to buy more EASY, now I have 5, enough for 2 in my display and 3 more piloting the ARC-170. Unfortunately, one of the troopers I bought yesterday has some light red/pink staining on his right shoulder, I have no idea what from but it definitely isn't coming off, luckily it's very faint.

Another cool thing about this CT#6, he fits perfectly on the AT-RT vehicle so you can replace that POS green-brown statue figure that comes with the vehicle - the statue fig's legs are a little longer than the CT's so his don't touch the footpads, but it's really minor. The reason CT can fit on the AT-RT is that his hips splay out a little as the rotate upwards, so he can straddle the slightly wide seat of walker without having to stress the hip joints or anything like that... this should also make him a decent candidate for riding the classic speederbike vehicle, but since the Saga one came with a good figure I haven't had reason to try this theory out.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, one of the troopers I bought yesterday has some light red/pink staining on his right shoulder, I have no idea what from but it definitely isn't coming off, luckily it's very faint.

Put him in the gunner seat of the ARC-170.

JediTricks
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, that's what I did for now, I ended up putting him in the middle seat though since it's the most obscured one of all.