PDA

View Full Version : ROTS cards need 2 elements: accessories list and better instructions

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 06:12 PM
The ROTS cardbacks are woefully inadequate in those 2 areas, I have seen far too many fellow collectors complain of accidentally throwing out or overlooking accessories because they're hidden behind the cardboard insert taped to the tray. I know these new cards don't have as much room for an accessories list, but at least print something about this on the character insert taped to the tray so when the package is opened the buyer knows what to look for. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely appreciate knowing what's in the package BEFORE I buy the figure, the list on the Saga figures was a great addition.

As for the instructions, the explanations of the features is woefully inadequate, the Obi-Wan Jedi Kick figure's card doesn't even come close to really explaining how to use this feature, or why the base has a part that slides out. These new cardbacks are overcrowded as it is, but I'd rather see some of those figure co-sells get dumped to make room for a decent explanation of how to use some of these things... the 1 little section just isn't cutting it, not enough clear explanation in the text and the graphics aren't often that helpful either.

jjreason
04-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I must say, JT, I agree with you. I'm still completely baffled by Obi Wan Force Kick - I don't have the foggiest idea what the hell I'm supposed to do with him. :confused:

I think the accessories list would help a lot too, there is room for a rearrangement of info on the bubble inserts to allow for it, without a doubt. I threw Yoda's spare hand (Yoda #26) right out as well, only to wonder about it after opening Obi Wan and Anakin (#'s 1 and 2) this afternoon. Thank God we hadn't had collection in the interim!

sith_killer_99
04-13-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm still completely baffled by Obi Wan Force Kick - I don't have the foggiest idea what the hell I'm supposed to do with him.

You're supposed to lament the fact that Hasbro, in all their wisdom decided not to give us a nice articulated, action feature free Obi-Wan. Something akin to Kit Fisto, Plo Koon or Ki-Adi-Mundi. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I have only bought like 2-3 of these "action feature" figures to open, they just...well....suck. Compared to the nice articulated figures they just fall short.

I agree with JT, they should include a list of accessories. As for the instructions, I really haven't had a problem, because I don't buy those for my loose collection, wretched little things. ;)