PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Gunship custom

Reefer Shark
04-11-2005, 04:00 AM
I just stumbled across this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5967716514&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) on ebay. Looks nice. It may not be the best paint job I've ever seen, but it's nice to see what it would look like.

I wasn't so sure it could be pulled off since the proportions are different on the toy from the gunship in the cartoon.

I'm kinda inspired to give it a shot myself (I would fill it with the animated figures instead), but I know it wouldn't be easy.... Anyone else try doing this? I know lots of you have thought about it :cool:

Hellboy
04-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Looks nice. I was watching the cartoon series again this weekend and thought this might be a fun custom to attempt, so yeah I've considered it.

Not sure I understand the point of selling your custom work on ebay though, but I'm sure someone will buy it. :stupid:

Personally I think the majority of the fun that comes from having custom SW toys in you collection is the work you put into it. You always have to wonder if a person who buys something like this will try and pass it off as his/her own work. lol

Slicker
04-11-2005, 06:37 PM
It is indeed a nice custom but with a high bid of $65 and the reserve not being met this guy, if you ask me, is charging a bit much unless that is he did indeed spend 10 hours creating it which I would have to doubt. Oh, well either way it looks nice.

LTBasker
04-11-2005, 09:26 PM
It's at $81 and the reserve still isn't met, granted it's a nice custom job but for almost triple it's retail price (since the CW version was $30 instead of $40...) I would want something with a bit more of professionalism.

chrisc
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
$ 149 not bad.

Hellboy
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Looks like this guy has decided to become a full time Gunship customizer. :greedy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50263&item=5969477779&rd=1

The detailing on this Gunship is much better than the last IMO. Seems he actually painted the entire ship this time. I still can't believe someone would actually pay that much for a simple paint job on a toy. :silly:

mastermatt24
04-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Jeeez.. I saw this thing awhile ago and it was only $20 something dollars
$140???!!! Give me a break! Its PAINT on a gunship!!!

mastermatt24
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I am running this auction because I tested the waters and sold my first custom ship last week. If you missed the first one, this one is even better. I used the newer gunship that comes in gray, and this one really rocks!!!! If my reserve is met I will probally do more like it. If it does not meet the reserve I will keep this labor of love in my own personal collection.
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50263&item=5969477779&rd=1)
This guy is a jerk! So if he gets over a 100 dollars profit he'll keep on making more! This is why I dont buy customs on ebay because of jerks like him that are out looking for $$$. I hope it doesnt reach reserve and he doesnt sell it. :D