PDA

View Full Version : What figures are RARE so far? (merged)

nhbfan12345
04-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking Royal Guard and Darth Vader are the rare ones. Plus of course the 33-40 which haven't fully come out yet. Any more?

armypunk35
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't know where you are shopping, but there are enough Vaders here to fill up a dump truck. I helped set this at my Wal-Mart and there was at least one vader in every collection one case that we opened. Yeah, the red guard seems rare too, but that's about it.

X13VADER
04-11-2005, 11:15 AM
The Clone Trooper And The Senate Guard.the Senate Guard Seemed To Be Avalible Only At Walmart Here In Grand Rapids Mich.

HighLordDave
04-11-2005, 11:42 AM
All of the #33-40 figures evaporate almost as soon as they hit the shelves, and I think the whole one guard/two guard/red guard/blue guard thing has made them artificially rare but almost all of the other figures are around in fair quantities.

I've noticed though that some figures that Wal-Mart has, Toys R Us does not have. For instance, TRU doesn't have Mon Mothma, preggers Padme and the Super Battle Droid, while Wal-Mart has them by the case. Similarly, I've never seen an ARC-170 at Wal-Mart, but they're at Target and TRU.

megaprime33
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
I think the red royal guard is somewhat rare. But I think the rarest one out there is the blue/red sabered #35 palpatine. I'm not exactly sure which one is the rare one, blue or red saber, so I say if you see one, grab it! And then of course there are the exclusives like Lava Vader. Not exactly rare, but I gurantee that if you try to find one now, you won't.

Ji'dai
04-11-2005, 12:21 PM
After week one it seems the Red Guard is harder to find than any other figure locally. The Blue Guard was plentiful but is now selling out, probably due to the internet fervor surrounding the red/blue variant among collectors. I'm speculating that army builder figures in the first 32, once abundant, will likely be scarcer at my TRU since I think people will be snatching those first when they get their Holo Yoda.

It seems figures #33-40 don't have time to cast a shadow once stocked. I was fortunate to have snagged them from recently stocked shelves.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Lets see, from 1-32 it is the blue/red guard. I have one of each and traded 2 blues to a member here. Havent seen many of them around. Vader is like the plauge. CLones are a dime a dozen(if they only cost that). I have seen 33-39 once and nabbed them. Still looking for Mas and some more Clone Pilots, COmmanders and AT-TE gunners.

HighLordDave
04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not exactly sure which one is the rare one, blue or red saber, so I say if you see one, grab it!

I've heard that the first batch has the blue saber and all the other ones after it will have the red saber.

hestep99
04-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I hope blue is rare, I was lucky and stumbled across it

DarthBrandon
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
The Royal Guard & Vader would depend on which store you were at. TRU had 1 Vader/1Guard out of 600 plus figures on April 1st at 8:00 P.M. (that's when they stocked the shelves here) Wal-Mart & Zellers (Target for you American folks) had tons of Royal Guards & Vaders everywhere, not to mention tons of Clone Troopers so army building will not be that hard to do here, & yes bosskman the Clone Trooper #6 is a good figure (thanks for the heads up). Now TRU was the only place to have above 32 & I know it's only the first week of this insanity so I'm sure other waves will be more abundant in the future. :D With that in mind, happy hunting & MTFBWY.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I think the red royal guard is somewhat rare. But I think the rarest one out there is the blue/red sabered #35 palpatine. I'm not exactly sure which one is the rare one, blue or red saber, so I say if you see one, grab it!

From reading the forums and 2 guys using the date stamp as tracking, the blue will be rarer. The correction red has a later date stamp on it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
From reading the forums and 2 guys using the date stamp as tracking, the blue will be rarer. The correction red has a later date stamp on it.

That's what I've seen as well. Looks like our first true-to-life unintentional widespread packaging variation for EP3.

I've actually seen plenty of the later 2 waves except for the AT-TE tank gunner. That one is so sweet that I see it being HTF, at least for awhile until the glut of figures thins out.

kool-aid killer
04-11-2005, 02:11 PM
So far the red Royal Guard seems to be the rare figure, i have yet to see one. Plus i havent even heard of 33 onward being spotted yet. But in time i think they will be relatively easy to obtain.

General_Grievous
04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
You won't believe this, but in my area, the entire Tarfful wave is rare in my area. The only place I've seen them was at a single Target on April 2nd, and that was it.

Here there is an odd case of figures that were once plentiful but now are gone. There are two instances in this case.

1. Clone Trooper: On April 2nd, you couldn't spit without hitting a Clone Trooper around here, now they're all gone thanks to armybuilders and scalpers, so if a little kid goes into a store looking for a Clone, he's in for some major disappointment.

2. Senate Guard (both red and blue): I was lucky to find a blue one at a TRU. There must have been two dozen of him, but no red ones. Later on, I checked back and old blue was gone as well. Still searching for a red.

and then, there's always the most overrated exclusive figure ever.....Lava Vader.

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2005, 06:02 PM
In MS, at least where I live, I could get at least 15 blue guards easily.... #'s 33-40 are tough to find.

Found 4 out around 200 figures at Wal-Mart.... but they can be found.

Plenty of #1-32 everywhere around here.... like grapes on a vine!

hestep99
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I hope blue is rare, I was lucky and stumbled across it

I forgot to mention that I'm talking about blue saber Palpy #35
I have both guards so I don't care which if any of those are rare.

moulman
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
In my area I would have to say any figures #30 and up, and also the Red/blue senate gaurds

betterthanfett
04-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Nothing is really rare here with the exception of thr blue saber Palpy, and I have even seen five of them! (bought two because I still figured the red was the rare) I've seen 1-32 at every store I've been to and 33-40 more than a few. PM me if you need anything (except a blue saber palpy or a lava vader)...I'll sell it for cost.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Besides everything over 33, both versions of the Royal Guard are hard to find in my neck of the woods. The Battle Droid is far from a pegwarmer, same with Darth Vader (but both of those can still be found, but with less than 10 at each store, whereas the other figures are at least double their numbers).

hestep99
04-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Besides everything over 33, both versions of the Royal Guard are hard to find in my neck of the woods. The Battle Droid is far from a pegwarmer, same with Darth Vader (but both of those can still be found, but with less than 10 at each store, whereas the other figures are at least double their numbers).

Yeah I'm surprised about Mr battle droid. I still see him but not in numbers that I would have expected. Very interesting.

aricajade
04-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Why on Earth would a scalper want a regular #6 Clone Trooper, General Grievous?

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I think the rarest figures here in CO are Palpatine w/ Red Lightsaber, Royal Guard (Red), Clone Commander and the plain Clone Troopers.

darko666
04-12-2005, 12:09 AM
i would have to say the guards(red/blue) are the most rare in the collection so far. i haven't seen any since i got them on april 2nd. but i'm from Long Island, so i don't how it is in other states. luckily i got both the red and blue. red > blue by far.

Clonetrooper1131
04-12-2005, 12:43 AM
I think the Red Guard is the rarest around here. Between TRU, Walmart, and Target I found five blue ones and not one red one. The only red one I found was on April 2nd at Target, and it was the last one.

I also got Palpatine #35 with the blue saber (I'm not sure which one is the rare one, any body help me out?), Exploding Grievous, and one Clone Pilot. But that's it, and that was all found last week.

As wierd as it sounds, I'm also having a hard time finding the Droid Tri-Fighter.

DarthAngel
04-12-2005, 01:40 AM
I would have to say that the rare figures out here on Long Island, well my part of the island anyways, are the red royal guard, as well as figures 33-40. I also cannot find any ARC-1700. Otherwise all the wal-marts, targets, and TRU around here by me have 1-32, and plenty of tri-droid fighters, wheelbikes, and jedi starfighters.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2005, 02:11 AM
I've yet to see a blue guard. Saw someone with a red guard at Target on April 2, and I found a lone one there on Saturday April 9. Only found one Padmé at a Fred Meyer. Did not find Dooku or Mon Mothma on opening day, but there are a few Mothmas out there now and even more Dookus. Managed to get an extra Clone #6 on 4/4, but haven't noticed one since then. Also got an extra Battle Droid that day but don't see many of them now. I haven't seen anything above #32 yet.

plasticfetish
04-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm not willing to call anything "rare" at this point, but in many cases -- Clone Trooper and Royal Guard(s) -- they're getting bought up because they're army builder figures... and because of the sale prices.

I'd say Vader might be a little harder to find, but I still see him on the pegs. I'm seeing a lot of kids (actual kids!) looking at and buying Star Wars figures now, so many of the "cooler" figures like Vader, Grievous and the Clone Trooper are getting bought up by them.

I haven't seen a single figure past #32, so I'm not about to speculate on rarity for those figures. My guess is that once the current stock dwindles a bit more, we'll see plenty of #33 to #56.

Remember, we've got another month 'til the movie comes out, and then an entire summer after that. I'm sure most places are looking to milk this thing for as long as possible.

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Why on Earth would a scalper want a regular #6 Clone Trooper, General Grievous?

#6 Clone - Sell em as alot on Ebay. Plus if he buyts em all, then there are none left.

Grievous - He is a hot figure, ala Darth Maul.

megaprime33
04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I agree with plasticfetish and say that nothing is truely rare at this point. There might be a figure here and there that are hard to find now, but give it a month or 2 and im sure they will all be accessable. I would say the saber colored changed palpy and red guard are rare, however every post i read I hear about someone new finding a red guard so I dont think the rarity on it will last. And the only reason that figures 33-40 are hard to find are because the scalpers and collectors suck them all up. Be patient, they will come.

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Actually MegaPrime, most stores are weighed down with 1-32 right now. They wont put out new figures until they either sell out or a good portion are sold.

I have alot on lay-a-way right now. Kind of hope they go on clearance soon. ALready got them priced matched, so that saved me money. Maybe another sale at Target, TRU or Kmart will reduce the price as well.

samskull
04-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Anything ordered from KEBCO is quite rare.

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
SO if you have have stuff on layaway already (like me) can you show them a sales ad & have the layaway price matched down to what the others stores are selling it for?

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes, they can do it. I bought them the Target ad for last week and they matched it. If they refuse, have em cancel the lay-a-way and then repurchase with the price match.

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Cool. So my next question. Does anyone have a Target ad they would be willing to mail me or can you point me to a place online where I might can print it out? Or do they even accept printed out sales papers?

Nevermind: Found the ad at http://weeklyad.target.com.... :)

EDIT: :( oh well, the star wars prices are not in the current one at target.com.... more looking around to find one I guess!

Kidhuman
04-12-2005, 01:03 PM
It waqs last weeks ad. But keep looking, they will be more.

sunshine
04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
What 10 Figures are becoming rare or a little scarce in your area? Not including 33-40!

1) Royal Guard (Blue): 0 out of 4 Stores
2) Royal Guard (Red): 0 out of 4 Stores
3) Padme: 1 out of 4 Stores
4) Count Dooku 1 out of 4 Stores
5) Chewbacca 1 out of 4 Stores
6) Darth Vader 1 out of 4 Stores
7) Clone Trooper 2 out of 4 Stores
8) Mon Mothma 2 out of 4 Stores
9) Obi-Wan (Jedi Kick) 3 out of 4 Stores
10) General Grevious 3 out of 4 Stores

megaprime33
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
What 10 Figures are becoming rare or a little scarce in your area? Not including 33-40!

1) Royal Guard (Blue): 0 out of 4 Stores
2) Royal Guard (Red): 0 out of 4 Stores
3) Padme: 1 out of 4 Stores
4) Count Dooku 1 out of 4 Stores
5) Chewbacca 1 out of 4 Stores
6) Darth Vader 1 out of 4 Stores
7) Clone Trooper 2 out of 4 Stores
8) Mon Mothma 2 out of 4 Stores
9) Obi-Wan (Jedi Kick) 3 out of 4 Stores
10) General Grevious 3 out of 4 Stores
From that list, the only one that is rare is the red royal guard. I've seen at least 8 blue guards and tons of the rest of your list. The only rare in my area are red guards and 33-40.

darko666
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
it all depends on where you live and what stores you have in your area. because most of those figures aren't rare at all. the red guard is the most rare from the #1-32 collection. but the TRU by me is finally stocking more of the 29-32 figures, which they weren't when MM hit. but i already got 1-40, so now i can take a break until may hits.

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Rare? I'd have to say nothing between 1-32 at this point. All can be found if you're persistant enough and show up at the stores when they open. Depending on what assortments your stores are getting you may see only the Blue or Red Senate/Royal Guards since they share the same number so you could make the arguement that one color is more dominant than the other for the time being. I'm sure we'll see the colors balance out and become more abundant in general over time though.

hestep99
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I seen 3 red guards yesterday, but I still have yet to see vader's medical droid. I need that little beast so I can have a break.

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
There all here sans the Guard.

hestep99
04-14-2005, 09:30 PM
#37 in Radford KH?

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
He was when I got him, but he said not including 33 and up.

tagmac
04-15-2005, 12:14 AM
1. Red Guard - I've seen this guy exactly once - when I managed to get him as they were opening the cases at Target on 4/2.

2. Blue Guard - TRU had a ton of this guy at MM, but haven't seen him since the next morning at Target.

3. Clone Troopers - aside from Kohls (which had a ton of this guy), I haven't seen them anywhere else.

4. Tarfful - TRU has yet to get him in, and although he seemed to be an early pegwarmer, I'm not seeing too much of him now.

5. Count Dooku - he's out there, but I'm starting to see less of him on the pegs.

6. Padme - same thing with her. Perhaps the "pregnant figure recall" rumor sparked a bunch of people to pick these up.

7. C-3PO - definitely lower in number when compared to most of the other figures.

After that, all the rest of the figures are quite plentiful.

DarthAngel
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
In my neck of the woods the rare figures are as follows.

1. Senate Guards (both red and blue)

2. Clone Troopers

3. Battle Droids (I find this one rather odd but all the stores that I have hit have only had 1 if any hanging on the pegs)

4. Super Battle Droids (again, see above)

5. Supreme Chancellor

6. Padme

7. R2

8. Chewie

9. Emporer

10. Count Dooku

With the exception of #'s 1-3 most of the others have been seen but no more that 10 to a store. However I'm waiting until May now...thank god for small blessings when it came to #1-40

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 04:12 PM
The only thing that is unavailable around here is the red guard. The blue guards seems to be getting scarce. Everything else is available at one store or another.