PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TV show to be After ROTJ: Eps 7,8, & 9, possibly 2 diff shows? What?

Tycho
04-11-2005, 02:33 PM
So there may be 2 different Star Wars television shows coming out in 2006!

1 Animated
1 Live Action

At least 1 out of 2 of these will take place AFTER RETURN OF THE JEDI.

After ROTJ could mean a lot of things:

1) The post-ROTJ EU comics and books do NOT count, Lucas is re-doing all of that history (doubtful, as prints of the books still make him money so long as they "count."

2) The post-ROTJ EU comics and books ABSOLUTELY DO COUNT, and then the show can be

2a) Within that continuity - a specific period like during Grand Admiral Thrawn's attacks or the New Jedi Order

2b) After that continuity - post New Jedi Order.

An early report posted by SirSteve suggests that an older Luke Skywalker (now up to about age 45 in the furthest into the future novels currently out there) will be training the New Jedi Order. The term NJO here is a generic term, and does not have to suggest it is pre-or-post-Yuzzhan Vong invasion related. It simply means that Obi-Wan was from the Old Jedi Order, and Luke training new Jedi, by default, means there will be a New Jedi Order.

The television show, if Live Action, and starring Mark Hamill, would have to be post-NJO by the books though, as Mark Hamill is approaching 50 some years of age and can't play Luke after ROTJ, who was 23 (the character, when he faced the Emperor on the 2nd Death Star).

If a live show, and continuity can therefore be maintained because of Hamill's age:

Luke is married ............ to Mara Jade Skywalker
has 1 son....................Ben Skywalker

Han Solo and Leia Organa-Solo are married
have 2 children.............Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo
1 deceased child KIA......Anakin Solo

Jaina and Jacen Solo are sister-brother twins, about 22 years of age
Ben Skywalker is only about 3 years old.

A story with an 18 year old Ben Skywalker would make

Jaina and Jacen about 37 years old
Luke about 63 years old - which they could age-progress Mark Hamill to appear.

The television show for post-ROTJ if cartoon, could feature Luke, Han, and Leia at any age.

If Luke is creating a New Jedi Order, the best time within the current continuity for that story to be done would be during the Jedi Academy Series, where the Jedi Academy is in the old Rebel Base on Yavin IV, and Luke is about 30 years old.

Jaina and Jacen Solo would only be about 1-3 years old, and not principle characters.

Possbile post-ROTJ characters include:

Luke
Han
Leia
Chewie
R2
C-3PO
Lando
------------
Mara Jade
Talon Kaarde
Kyp Durron
Corran Horn
Kyle Katarn
-----------
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Admiral Palleon
Admiral Daala
Kir Kanos
Baron Soontir Fel

If the New Jedi Order book series is adapted for television, or parts of it, we may see the Yuuzhan Vong.

Mark Hamill may be just playing Luke Skywalker's voice. Carrie Fisher could then also make appearances, with Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and Ben Burrt (as R2D2 and Chewbacca)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To continue marketing prequel stuff to keep new, young fans of the prequel trilogy happy (the newbies that saw the prequels as their first SW movies in the theaters), the other series might be set in the Clone Wars era, or maybe even years prior to The Phantom Menace, as in Knights of the Old Republic.

The Expanded Universe is ripe with stuff that might be awesome for televsion adaptation. It could come from the books, take place within their continuity, or erase that continuity, or just have nothing to do with it, taking place during time periods that have never been written of, thereby adding to the continuity.

What are your thoughts at this point?

Rocketboy
04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
So there may be 2 different Star Wars television shows coming out in 2006!

1 Animated
1 Live Action

At least 1 out of 2 of these will take place AFTER RETURN OF THE JEDI.

After ROTJ could mean a lot of things:

1) The post-ROTJ EU comics and books do NOT count, Lucas is re-doing all of that history (doubtful, as prints of the books still make him money so long as they "count."

2) The post-ROTJ EU comics and books ABSOLUTELY DO COUNT, and then the show can be*crossesfingers* Please please please let this be true! :D

I recently read something about Frank Oz and he mentioned that Clone Wars would continue as a 1/2 hour animated series and George asked him to be involved.
I'll see if I can dig it up.

Pendo
04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
*crossesfingers* Please please please let this be true! :D

I recently read something about Frank Oz and he mentioned that Clone Wars would continue as a 1/2 hour animated series and George asked him to be involved.
I'll see if I can dig it up.
How can they continue Clone Wars if it ends right where Episode III begins? Unless it's a prequel to the first series I really can't see how it could be done.

PENDO!

mrpauldeeds
04-11-2005, 05:31 PM
This is a tough topic....

I'd say make the cartoon of whatever you want it to be. You cant screw up the cartoon that bad. But making a live action Star Wars tv series after ROTJ, just think of how badly that will fail, esp if its on fox or something. It might be good on HBO or some quality channel. But im just imagining Star Wars losing all its credibility on a live action show.

I'd rather Lucas make 7,8 and 9 movies, not a tv series. I know casting will be difficult and such, but i think that making them into movies rather then a tv series will be much more succesful and enjoyable.

If a live action show is made, dont make it "Star Wars: After ROTJ" (whatever 7,8,9 are called) Make the series into the EU comics, or Dash Rendar and Prince Xizor Shadows of the Empire. No one really knows about that and screwing it up wouldnt really matter too much. anyone see where im comming from??? I dont want to see the charectors that we all know totaly massacred on a tv show.

Lucas, please dont make a live tv series/ tv movie about episodes 7,8 and 9. Make them into actual movies.

hestep99
04-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Anthony Daniels will probably be involved at any level on all projects. He always signs on for stuff like this. But i don't blame him, it's his cash cow and he needs to milk that baby. Haha

Slicker
04-11-2005, 05:34 PM
How can they continue Clone Wars if it ends right where Episode III begins? Unless it's a prequel to the first series I really can't see how it could be done.

PENDO!I don't think the Clone Wars end after ROTS. They can't dominate all of the systems in the galaxy in just a couple of years. I always thought the Clone Wars lasted up until the couple of years before ANH.

Pendo
04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't think the Clone Wars end after ROTS. They can't dominate all of the systems in the galaxy in just a couple of years. I always thought the Clone Wars lasted up until the couple of years before ANH.
That's possible. I'd like to see why Darth Vader is the most feared person in the galaxy (after the Emperor). :evil: Seeing him in action in the cartoon would be good, but it'd probably mean his evilness would have to be toned down for the kiddies.

PENDO!

Rocketboy
04-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Found it.
It was on Comingsoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8978) a few weeks ago:

George Lucas Talks Star Wars TV Series
March 29, 2005

Subscribers to SW.Com's Hyperspace section recently got the chance to see excerpts from the book "The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith -- The Final Chapter". The excerpt covers a lot of the dialogue recording with the actors. In a section where Frank "Yoda" Oz comes in to record dialogue, George Lucas briefly chats about the upcoming TV series:

"We have this other little thing we're doing," Lucas continues, "this Clone Wars cartoon on TV. It's so successful, we're going to put it out as half-hour shows, and all the main characters
are in it." He then adds, "Have you ever thought about directing an animated film?"

"I've been asked, but it takes a such a long time and I do like to work with the actors."

"Well, you don't have to be there the whole time; you can jump in," Lucas notes.

Note that the continuing Clone Wars TV series is only one of the shows that Lucasfilm is currently developing.

hestep99
04-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't know vader could be vile in the cartoon. They let grevious get away with a lot worse than I would have expected.

Tycho
04-11-2005, 05:56 PM
The Clone Wars, in so far as they are called that, are over at the end of Episode 3.

The CIS and the Republic no longer exist. The galaxy is dominated by Palpatine's Empire. Not at all a spoiler.

Now whether the Empire dominates everything by the end of E3 is up for conjecture. Likely they have to continue to expand.

However, a TV series could take place between Episodes 2 and 3 like the Cartoon Network series does.

By the way, who knows if that Lucas interview wasn't before they made the decision to make CW 15 minute episodes for 21-25? He could have been talking to Frank Oz about helping Gennedy with that.

They talked about 21-25 being 3 minutes like the first ones, but ultimately (and thankfully) that idea wasn't used either. 15 minutes might have been the compromise from 1/2 hour episodes and 3 minute ones.

El Chuxter
04-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Doubtful that the Empire dominates by the end of ROTS. Tatooine and several other systems aren't even part of the Republic in TPM and AOTC, yet it's under the heavy fist of Imperial rule in ANH. I doubt during the Clone Wars anyone wanted to expend personnel to expand the Republic.

sith_killer_99
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't think the Clone Wars end after ROTS.

Yes, the Clone Wars ends in ROTS.

They can't dominate all of the systems in the galaxy in just a couple of years. I always thought the Clone Wars lasted up until the couple of years before ANH.

I am speculating here, but remember the Clones are battling Droids! Without Droids to fight who could stand against the Empire. In EP1 Anakin shut down all the Droids on Naboo in a matter of minutes! Thus demonstrating how easy it would be to end the Clone Wars. Droids are machines, all it would take is the flip of a switch.

Doubtful that the Empire dominates by the end of ROTS. Tatooine and several other systems aren't even part of the Republic in TPM and AOTC, yet it's under the heavy fist of Imperial rule in ANH. I doubt during the Clone Wars anyone wanted to expend personnel to expand the Republic.

I think what T meant was that all the systems originally controlled by the Republic, to include every Seperatist system, will fall under the control of the Empire, by the time ROTS ends. However, as we all know, the Outer Rim holds little interest for the Empire. The main reason there were so many Imperial troops on Tatooine in ANH, is because they wanted the plans back REALLY bad. We also have to consider that in ROTS the rise of the Empire was also really the birth of the Rebellion. But by and large the Empire does indeed dominate...it becomes the largest Empire in the history of the UNIVERSE! :D ;) :crazed:

Rocketboy
04-12-2005, 10:38 PM
From the new Star Wars centered issue of Premiere:

...and he confesses excitement for television, for which he will continue producing the Star Wars animated series The Clone Wars, as well as, perhaps, a live-action series featuring Star Wars characters ("not main characters," he says).
Not the main characters?
The mystery deepens....

Tycho
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
In a Star Wars version of "Nip/Tuck," Ki-Adi Mundi tries to get a head reduction.

On "Divorce Court," Fode and Beed try and get a judge to grant them a separation order.

On "Rescue 911," 21-B responds to a Nexu trapped in a sinkhole. (this is not pretty).

On "Baywatch: Kashyyyk," Malla models the latest in natural fur swimwear.

On "GWF: Smackdown," (Galactic Wrestling Federation), Wicket takes on a Jawa tag team with Teek as his partner.

On "Watto and Gragga," Watto tells Gragga he is thinking about asking out a Geonosian engineer, but making the right decision has been bugging him.

On "Kaminoan Idol" judges Taun We and Lama Su debate who has the most talent amongst 50 Clones (re-run).

On "The All New Cheers," Dexter tries to encourage Major Derlin to move out from his mom's house so he has a place of his own to take Hermione Bagwa home with him.

Just a few of the possibilities. :)

Rocketboy
04-13-2005, 12:01 AM
"Late Night with Lando Calrissian" Late Night comedy with the Max Rebo Band.

"Aqua Teen Jedi Force" featuring those wacky, crime solving Jedi younglings.

"CSI: Coruscant" Anakin and Obi-Wan (and others) solve hideous crimes on the mean streets of Coruscant. Special guest star: Jango Fett!

"The Real World: Tatooine" with Luke (whiney one), Mace (angry black guy), Jar Jar (the moron), Wicket (the one who's always there, but never does anything), Threepio (gay?), Oola (the drunk skank), and Aayla (the regular skank).

JON9000
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Found it.
It was on Comingsoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8978) a few weeks ago:
Someone should tell him animated features are basically wht he's bee doing for 10 years. Sort of a Roger Rabbit in reverse.