PDA

View Full Version : Those idiots at Kellogs are getting it wrong!!!

scruffziller
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm sure alot of you have seen already the SW promotions that Kellog's cereal products have been housing. Anyway, they have placed a quote from one of the movies on the boxtops. Most are correct, but I have seen....

"Join me, and I will complete your training, with our combined strength we will rule the galaxy as father and son!!!"- Darth Vader: Epidode VI: Return of the Jedi. :rolleyes:

"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gonn my word, I will train Anikin."-Obi-Wan Kenobi: Episode II:Attack of the Clones.:sur: :stupid:

And on the card game on some of the ceral boxes, they show a Clonetrooper but have him listed as Stormtrooper.:ermm: :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah . . . it wouldn't make sense for Obi-Wan to plead to train Anakin in AOTC, as he's been doing it for ten years already. :D There are a few other poorly-edited box tops on other Kellogg's products, but it's really not that big of a deal.

2-1B
04-12-2005, 12:47 AM
clonetroopers are stormtroopers

sith_killer_99
04-12-2005, 06:53 AM

Which begs the question "Why didn't George just call 'em Clonetroopers in the OT?" ;)

scruffziller
04-12-2005, 09:11 AM

Well the pic is that of the "trooper" from EPS 3. So maybe it is a spoiler.:D

2-1B
04-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Which begs the question "Why didn't George just call 'em Clonetroopers in the OT?" ;)

A better question would be why didn't George just call them stormtroopers in the PT. ;)

Maybe they are renamed after the formation of the Empire. :confused:

Or maybe Hasbro just needed a new name for a new toy. :confused:

bobafrett
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Considering Star Wars came out in 1977, and George probably wasn't sure if "Star Wars" was even going to get off the floor, let alone become the success it is today, he might have thought "Stormtroopers" was a pretty damn cool name, and I'd have to agree! Besides, I am of the opinion that "Stormtroopers" were more recruits than clones by the time the empire is busy blowing up planets.

Ji'dai
04-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I always thought the word "stormtrooper" was an allusion to the secret police used by Nazi Germany.

Slicker
04-13-2005, 03:28 AM
That's what I always thought Ji'dai. The German "Stross Troopen" from the wars were actually elite troops that would be in the vanguard of the fighting front. The secret police you're thinking of are the Gestapo (Geheimstatzpolicia)

mabudonicus
04-16-2005, 07:39 AM
yes, what Slicker said, and Sturm Abteilung was a division of the Brownshirts as well IIRC, the whole "blitzkrieg" thing brought out lots of storm and lightning style names to the battlefield (like Sturm Faust, Wirbelwind, Komet)
Storm/Shock troopers, I imagine, and yes it sounds pretty cool

I think it would make more sense if the Clonetroopers names' get changed to CLOWNtroopers in the next edition of the OT, since compared to the Ultra-competent clones the Stormies are useless....