PDA

View Full Version : Where's the "Hot Rod" speeder toy?

JediTricks
01-08-2002, 01:09 AM
At first, I was a bit leery of this "hot rod speeder" concept, but seeing it in action in the trailer looked cool and what little backstory I know about it makes less offensive than if Anakin actually owned it. However, we don't seem to be getting it as a toy in the first wave and if Ep 2 sells like Ep 1, the second wave of vehicles may be sparse or not exist at all. Heck, I'm still waiting for a 3" scale Gian Speeder!

The yellow Hot Rod speeder looks like it'd be a great toy, I hope Hasbro puts one out and I hope it's not all misshapen and given goofy gimmicks. It seems like, with Slave 1 and the Jedi Starfighter toys, they stuck to a higher standard and got good results, so hopefully, they'll do the yellow hot rod and do it right.

Beast
01-08-2002, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I was suprised that we haven't heard any info about it either, but knowing hasbro they are just classifying the assortment that it would appear in as the "Speeder" asst.

We know that we are getting Zam Wessel's Coruscant Speeder, from the Planograph photos that popped up recently. I'll bet that Anakin's Hot Rod is in the same assortment, just not being mentioned. BTW, I am attaching a picture of the Planograph showing the speeder.

GNT
01-08-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
We know that we are getting Zam Wessel's Coruscant Speeder, from the Planograph photos that popped up recently. I'll bet that Anakin's Hot Rod is in the same assortment, just not being mentioned.

It might be coming in the 2nd wave?Then again if its made what are the chances of it having a Pack in?Than means Hasbro would have to make one on card for it :(

Jargo
01-08-2002, 09:54 AM
I don't care if it comes in wave one or two or three, as long as they release it I'll be happy.

I'm with Tricks about that Gian speeder. Much cooler than the lame flash speeder. Guess we'll have to wait another 25 years for that though.

I don't want pack-in figures, they always suck. Mostly the first ones released do anyway. Sebuba that came with the pod is possibly the worst pack in ever.

Just give me the vehicles and I'm content. I hang them all from my ceiling anyway so I don't ever put a figure in as it adds weight.
besides, why waste a perfectly decent figure by hiding it away in a ship? better to use it in a diorama instead.

And the other point is, they made the flash speeder so no figures can sit properly anyway. Even if they were specially sculpted for sitting that speeder just sucks big time for not allowing figures to fit.

Think the episode two vehicles will be any different? I'm not holding out much hope.

JediTricks
01-09-2002, 02:20 AM
With Hasbro's record of poor pack-in figures, I'd prefer they stayed away from that so-called "feature" from now on. Like Jargo is saying, just make a toy that holds the REGULAR figures instead of making a toy that only holds the figure it comes with.

I hope Hasbro releases this thing so I can buy it, not like the Eopie (for example of a toy that saw no US release).